• Last Reply

Key
 Stage Name: Key , 키 , キー 
 Key Emoticon: `ㅂ'*
▶ Animal Counterpart: Fox
 Nickname: Almighty Key, Key Umma , Keymera, Keyva
 Position: Vocals & Rapper
 Vocal Position: Tenor 2, Baritone
▶ Date of Birth: September 23rd, 1991 (19 in international, 20 in Korea)
▶ Hometown: Daegu 
▶ School: Daegu Youngshin High School (Graduated in March 2010) 
▶ Blood Type: B | ▶ Height: 177 cm | ▶ Weight: 59kg 
▶ Hobby and Interests: Rap, Dance, Water - skiing, English, Chinese, Japanese
▶ Discovered: 2005 S.M. National Tour Audition Casting

I. KEY'S FUN FACTS 

Key auditioned for SM Entertainment in 2005 but unfortunately, he failed. But his dream of becoming a singer since childhood days didn’t allow him to stop there, he auditioned again in 2006 and during his 2nd try, only 2 people were to be accepted; he was one of them. His stage name comes from the fact that he loves to solve things. Key is the "triple-threat" in SHINee, he is gifted with skills in singing, rapping, & dancing hence his "Almighty" title. 
His personal talent is imitating other people and even a robotic character from a cartoon show, the classic line being "Woah! Money! With money anything can be done!!”. He’s also good at learning girl groups’ dance and learns it really quickly by just watching it several times. 
He (sort of) cooks, does chores and loves to take care of other people. In SHINee, he’s known as Key umma. At first he was just Taemin's umma, after that his nagging extends to include all of the members, and now it is becoming that he nags at whoever he sees. As he’s becoming naggier and naggier, Taemin no longer calls him “umma” now (LOL). Key loves children and is good at playing with them. He always wants to get married soon so that he can has a children of his own. 

Key takes good care of his belongings. He’s good at preparing and analyzing, belongs to the kind who is able to work out a plan from scratch with just a single detail. He really hates people touching/using his stuffs without permission. He had the habit of writing journal/diary since he was a child and is still doing it now. 

He loves making friends with people around his ages. He and his 91-line (including some idols that were born in the year 1991 like 2AM's Jung Jinwoon, Beast's Son Dongwoon, Kara's Jung Nicole, After School's NANA, MBLAQ's Mir) are really close with each other. Key said there’s no 91-er amongst the idols that he doesn’t know.

Kibum has a love-hate relationship with horror movies and horror stories, he yearns for them but he is also scared of them, he likes them but he also dislikes them. He lost his composure/image in the cinema many times because of that, he is only able to rent horror movies/dramas to watch at home to continue scaring himself. Other members know about it and always try to scare him at the dorm by suddenly popping out from nowhere and shout at him. Key said he really hates whenever they do it. 
ㅋㅋㅋㅋ  

Key’s a really honest/straight person. He once stated it in an interview “I can't say things I don't mean, say that I like things I hate, or hate things I like. And more than anything, I can't lie to myself". For instance, if a fan asks MinHo if she’s beautiful, MinHo will answer immediately “YES” without looking at her. With Key, he will look at her in like 10 seconds first and then consider his answer. Sometimes his honesty pissed off other people but if you know him well, you will understand that he just takes every aspect in life seriously and has a his own realistic way of seeing things.

He can be a bit more mature than kids at same age but can act really childish sometimes. Key’s a dog-lover, he has a dog back home named Coco. He also loves watching animation movies. If you have an intention of sending him a gift for his birthday, you should find something like a Sponge Bob with a size of human, or custom yourself in Mr. Potato outfits and jump into a gift box, or at least wrap your present with a wrapping paper that has one of these two things on it 
ㅋㅋㅋ

He’s also known as the group's fashionista. Red, white, blue, it is normal for him to carry off these colors, but for colors like pink and grass green which are more difficult to pull off, he is still able to do it. He loves colorful outfits and girls’ accessory, that’s why he prefers outfits during Juliette days the most. Key loves online shopping and spends lot of his money on it. It’s said that when they came back from Thailand after schedule, there were 2 big parcels waiting for him in front of the dorm.

Key loves cameras (in all means LOL). He loves taking photos of himself and other members. He has an instant camera (the cute little pink Polaroid) and brings it like everywhere he goes. Key has an instinct of spotting camera (camera-radar), fans call it "Keymera". 

There’s also one more thing that you should know about Key which is his love towards his grandma. When he was a child, his father (working in banking & finance) was really busy and his mother was sick. He was raised by his grandma and really close to her since then. She’s always the one that gives him supports and also the first one that he asks for opinion in everything he does. 

© Key's Fun Facts written by [N]hi_[R]ie
 @ soompi shinee thread  

II. KEY'S PERSONAL APPEARANCES

[2007] Background Dancer at "Attack of the Pin-Up Boys" Movie, Super Junior’s "Wonder Boy" MV
▶ [2008] SM TOWN LIVE 2008 CONCERT in SEOUL / SHANGHAI / THAILAND – Rapper's Performance for Super Junior's 
     Rock Video with DBSK's Yunho & Yoo Chun, Super Junior's Shindong and Donghae

[2008/2009] MBC Park Kyung Lim’s "Byulbam Radio"  Permanent DJ with DJ Onew and Key
 [2009] TVXQ "The Third Asia Love Tour" at Nanjing, China – Rapped for DBSK’s Xiah Junsu’s "XIAHTIC"
 [2009] MBC-TV Every1 "Now is the Flower Boys Generation" Feat. SHINee as co-MC 
 [2009] MBC-TV "We Got Married" – Special guest with SHINee's Onew
 [2009] KBS-FM "Music Show Radio"  Feat. DJ Onew and Key
 [2009] KBS-2TV Music Bank "Boys Generation (GEE)"  Feat. Key and other artists 
 [2009] SBS-TV Inkigayo "Tell me your wish (GENIE)" Feat. Key , Taemin and other artists 
 [2009] SHINee 3rd mini album "2009.Year Of Us"  Rap duet with SHINee’s Minho Feat. f(x)’s Luna “Get Down”
 [2009/ 2010] Girl’s Generation 1st Asia Tour "Into the New World" Seoul Concert– Feat. Jessica "Barbie Girl" rap
 [2010] KBS-2TV Music Bank Special stage – Feat. IU’s "Letter to You" rap
 [2010] The Trax’s mini-album "Let U Go" – "Healing" Feat. Key 
 [2010] Girl’s Generation 2nd album "Oh!"  "Martian Virus (Boys & Girls)" Feat. Key
 [2010] Raising an Idol (Real Variety Show)  Regular cast member
 [2010] Girl’s Generation 1st Asia Tour "Into the New World" Shanghai Concert –Feat. Jessica "Barbie Girl" rap 
 [2010] Girl's Generation 1st Asia Tour "Into the New World" Shanghai Concert
    –
 Feat. Yoona "Introduce Me a Good Person" rap with SHINee's Taemin
 [2010] SM TOWN LIVE 2010 CONCERT in SEOUL / LA / SHANGHAI  BoA Feat. Key " I DID IT FOR LOVE" rap
▶ [2010] SM TOW LIVE 2010 CONCERT in SEOUL / LA / SHANGHAI  "A-YO" with SHINee's Minho 
    & Super Junior's Eunhyeuk and Shindong

▶ [2010] KBS-2FM SUPER JUNIOR’S "KISS THE RADIO" – "Special DJ" with SHINee’s Minho
▶ [2010] SBS-R Power FM "Heechul's Youngstreet Radio"  – "Special DJ" with SHINee’s Minho
▶ [2010] MBC-TV "Love Chaser" (Drama Reality TV Show) – Main Appearance Guest

Guest jazzria

WGM TV Episode 02 is now available on YouTube!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDs13cr2sZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPmUxPRgf2k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOgHKNjW0x4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u392cOIFUg 

Guest jazzria

LavelyShai said: I love Key and Arisa!!!! I loved the fact that they switch between Korean, Japanese, & English in their conversations so effortlessly. She looked surprised when he spoke Japanese and understood her, I'm gonna love this couple. 
I wonder what her dad is going to say when he finds out about her tv marriage? She did say he didn't know since he'd get mad 

The look on Key's face when he found out the Dad didn't know and would be mad - half terrified and half stunned.  Hahaha poor Key. He is such a sensitive guy.  Listening to her was like hearing Fuji Mina again. Same Ummmm.
Oh and I loved that part where he blurts out "I'm in that show!"   <:-P   :P

Guest jazzria

LavelyShai said: jazzria said: LavelyShai said: I love Key and Arisa!!!! I loved the fact that they switch between Korean, Japanese, & English in their conversations so effortlessly. She looked surprised when he spoke Japanese and understood her, I'm gonna love this couple. 
I wonder what her dad is going to say when he finds out about her tv marriage? She did say he didn't know since he'd get mad 

Key has been wanting to be on this show for so long time and now he finally got his wish. Arias and him are so cute together. I having to add a lot of couples I need watch on WGM. But, I am glad this is live so I can talk with all of you about it.

Archived