[Taiwanese Drama 2014] Rock ‘n’ Road A咖的路

sugarplum892

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really hope that Kimi Hsia gets to tone down the hyper... it's getting on my nerves. I'm finding it really hard to root for someone so perky. >,<
But it's nice seeing how Wei Zhen is bringing out the humanity in Shu Yu. And the many shirtless Chris Wu scenes ;p

galen15 said: I really hope that Kimi Hsia gets to tone down the hyper... it's getting on my nerves. I'm finding it really hard to root for someone so perky. >,<
But it's nice seeing how Wei Zhen is bringing out the humanity in Shu Yu. And the many shirtless Chris Wu scenes ;p

I agree, Kimi Hsia really overdid it in ep3, LOL! Her screeching is super high-pitch and I find her overly cartoonish, I just hope both the director and Kimi Hsia would stop the whole cartoon-style heroine thing. She done better in Kiss Me, Mom and in her quieter scenes so.. well, this character is like a step back. But Ep3 was fun, Chris Wu's expression cracks me up whenever he gets really annoyed by Wei-Zhen, hahaha!
On the other hand, I think all the leads are very flawed, Shu-Yu can be a horrible boss, he's very principled but at the same time because of that, he never consider the feelings of others, especially those who work with him. Jia-Xin, AHHHH! Horrible! She's so selfish and I feel like she love her career more than Shu-Yu and not professional. Li-Da is probably the most normal out of the bunch but I can't agree with the way he's spoiling Jia-Xin by giving in to whatever she wants.Wei-Zhen's naivety can get on my nerve too. But I really like the interactions between her and Shu-Yu. 

Guest lizzy4e

Has anyone else seen episode 4?
This is a cute drama.
 It looks like his business partner is about to turn on him.

It also looks like he is developing feelings for our girl. When they were wrestling over the phone and he caught her as she fell...

I cannot determine if it was because viki was lagging or if it is the quality of the production but there is a clear difference in quality between the Taiwanese dramas and the Korean dramas.

Thoughts on Ep4 + Ep5 Preview Translations:http://wp.me/p2tDC3-uN

Ep4 is a great episode as the brothers fallout. It does seems like Shu-Yu growing concern over Wei-Zhen exceeds of what you call "guilty compensation", it's more than that, he's feeling something for her before he knows it himself. Taiwanese drama production values are pretty low but I think rock 'n' road is pretty good for a Taiwan drama, I just hope the internet will publish more HD version of Tw-dramas instead of the usual hliang 4:3 ratio screen dramas.

112.jpg

Guest lizzy4e

Episode 5 is fully subbed on Viki. Is anyone watching this drama?

I will have to wait until I am off work to watch 5. I was hoping to come here and read others comments.

Guest mrsdarcy

Loving this drama. I just watched episode 5 on Viki. Li Da's betrayal is just starting and my heart goes to Shu Yu and how much he must be hurting. I actually tuned into this drama because of Chris Wu. I don't really watch TW dramas, I am more of a K-drama fan. But I just recently watched Substitute Princess and was able to finish that because of Chris Wu's character and superb acting. I am glad that I tried Rock and Road. The story is interesting and I hope the writers continue to churn out great episodes with cohesive story line.

I agree with you guys though. Kimi Hsia's cutesy acting is getting into my nerves. I hope it gets toned down a bit more in the next episodes. But so far, I am loving Shu Yu and Wei Zhen's chemistry. I literally stopped breathing and squealed after watching the scene when Wei Zhen almost fell backwards and was caught by Shu Yu. I need more of that. :x :D

^I didn't have plan to watch this drama at first too since I'm only familiar with Kimi Hsia and indifferent towards Chris Wu but so far, it's been pleasantly entertaining and the pacing is just nice. The OST is great too and I would have prefer it more if the cast lipsycing is not that obvious, especially Jia-Xin, how could you put her face on Jia-Jia's angelic voice!! LOL, I'm just being too swept up into hating her character, I'm fine with Nita Lei though because she's hilarious in BTS, hahaha! In real life, she's like Wei-Zhen, so bubbly and hyper.
Thoughts on Ep5-6http://obsessionsofline.wordpress.com/2014/04/21/rnr-ep5-6-thoughts/
242.jpg

Guest mrsdarcy

Watched episode 6 and I am glad the lipsyncing definitely improved. This episode focused on Zhou Shu Yu and the aftermath of being oust or rather resigning from BS. Chris Wu was just great in portraying the guy who was betrayed by his friend and company. His acting was heartfelt. As for Kimi Hsia... her overly hyper character mellowed. She is more likable when she acts like any other twenty-something woman. I agree with @c_gunawan541, the pacing is nice. I hope the writers can sustain the tempo of the story. There were also some new side stories that were introduced. I am curious to find the mystery behind Bai Hui Lan. I get the feeling that she is connected to Shu Yu. And I want to know what Old Ge is capable of doing to get Shu Yu and Wei Zhen to join his company. I wish more soompiers watch Rock 'n' Road so that we can have more people discussing this drama on this thread.

Hi everyone! I just recently started watching this drama too and I'm enjoying it a lot! Chris is pretty great in portraying his character and well Kimi is just your typical cutesy lead girl, but I agree I like her a lot more when she's toned down and acts like a normal girl her age. I've also written a blog post about the drama as well here: http://theblacksesame.com/2014/04/23/first-impressions-rock-n-road/

I hope more people start watching it as well and share their thoughts! Btw does anyone know how long this drama is supposed to be?

Also @mrsdarcy I was thinking that Bai Hui Lan maybe Shu Yu's mother?? I'm not sure, I didn't have a good look at the cd they were holding if it was old or not

Guest mrsdarcy

@tvbgal‌ I also get the feeling that Bai Hui Lan is Shu Yu's mom. The CD is actually Ivy's album and Bai Hui Lan was used as the title. ;) Loved your review by the way.

Guest lizzy4e

Episode 7 is fully subbed on Viki. The main actor is doing a good job of  conveying emotion.

I am not terribly articulate today. I am enjoying the show. Seventh episode shows our lead man being pushed further from his old life, He lost his job, his girl, and his fortune. This sets the stage for his great come-back with Little Hot Spring Girl by his side and as his vehicle.

I think that hug marks the start of sparks and romantic relationship between our leads, when Shu-Yu says I'll write a song for you to Wei-Zhen, he walked into her heart and she started seeing him more than her "idol" but a man. But I also think it's still mixed in with grateful because even though she looks slightly disappointed when Shu-Yu says the ring is for Jia-Xin, she's not jealous at all. The more time they spend together, the more Wei-Zhen will fall for him and I think soon for Shu-Yu too.
Ep8 Video Preview Translations: http://wp.me/p2tDC3-AZ

12.jpg

Archived