Quantcast
mikeymeeks

What are your 5 favourite Kdramas of ALL TIME?

Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, triplem said:

5 only ,  I have so many :blush:

1. Prison Playbook

2. Tunnel 

3. Life on Mars 

4. Weightlifting Fairy 

5. Tomorrow With You 

But I also love these so much 

1. Signal

2. Secret Forest

3. Money Flower

4. Jugglers 

5. Something About 1%

6. Live Up to Your Name

7. Plus Nine Boys 

8. Man x man 

10. Bad Guys 

11. Cruel city ( i wished they do another one like this ) 

12 . Top Star Yoo Baek 

13. edit to add : Healer 

...the list can go on ...:lol:

@Dhakra Tunnel is still above Signal....then and now...but I think best drama so far...clever, moving, realistic , dark comedy, excellent casting...goes to Prison Playbook

Actually I have a list of dramas i love by genre.

https://forums.soompi.com/en/profile/1114115-triplem/?tab=field_core_pfield_11

Edited by triplem
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

Posted (edited)

Some on my top:

I'm Sorry I love you

Brilliant Legacy

Oh My Ghost

Welcome to Waikiki

My Girl

For your information, they can be found on youtube, dailymotion, megah filmes hd (apknite), 

Edited by triplem
Removed illegal site
  • Love 1

For Korean Dramas: My top five is the same since a long time, it's hard for new dramas to dethrone those masterpieces!

Those dramas are the ones that gave me a strong cultural shock when i watched them the 1st time and since then i keep coming back in one way or the other to them or even rewatching them.

Signal and Misaeng take the first place and it will never change!

Secret Forest

Story of a Man: the Slingshot

A Wife's Credentials

Flowers for my Life

Dramas that are on my top 20 and i would definitely recommend: Children of Nobody, Different Dreams, Romantic Doctor Teacher Kim, Life, 3 Days, Kingdom, Life On Mars, Voice 1, Argon, Save Me 2. 

There's also the drama that could have been on my top lists but something is missing (writing or acting) though they're totally worth a watch: Circle, Cruel City, Age of Youth. Less Than Evil, Liar Game.

I don't watch rom-com but i'm really fond of High School king of Savvy and Delightful Girl Choon Hyang.

Edit: oups i'm sorry i didn't catch on the title of the thread and thought it was about asian dramas so i add japanese dramas while it was off topic. :sweatingbullets:

But I'm still keeping this part since people answered to me on that!  

For Japanese dramas, my top 5

Mother is on its own league: no other drama can compete.

Quartet

Cold Case Season 1

Erased

Border

But i haven't watched a lot of of Japanese fictions so it might change more easily.  

• Love 1
  • Awesome 2

@titania1000 nice list there . I am planning to watch Misaeng & Save Me 2 ( after you recommended ) . I enjoyed the first Save Me . No connection between the two right ? 

• Like 2

@titania1000 We have some drama favourite that is same. Like Signal, Secret Forest, Voice 1, and Less than Evil ( i just watched it recently ).

And for J-drama Border is pretty good indeed. Although, i forgot about it already lol. 

Signal & Secret Forest is masterpiece i agree with you. 

@Ameera Ali what's ur fav drama? I think i didnt see you post here.

• Love 3

@triplem  Once you'll start Misaeng, you'll regret it. You'll get slap in the face by the realization that it's so good that you'll never be ready to let go of those characters. I still want to erase my memory and start anew this watch...

It's a character driven story that is written in a way that makes it impossible to not get strongly attached to those characters. :heart:

It's a beautiful and powerful emotional journey full of insightful and wise considerations about the meaning of life. An almost spiritual trip! 

You can consider Save Me as an anthology: i haven't watched the first season but was never lost in the story. Those who did said there was no links between the two projects.

Except one actor who came back in a complete different role and one character who does a cameo in the last episode. 

The most spectacular thing about Save me 2 is the quality of the writing: the writer had such a clear vision of what he wanted to do with this drama, of what kind of people those characters were and how he was going to lead them to their fate and it was so well executed!

The building was tight and very impressive: the first 4 episodes are an introduction to the characters, to the place where they live which plays a very important part in the story and in their psychology, and to the heart of the plot. The last episode deals with the aftermath of the events that concluded the story.      

Frankly, for the cast and the director, it was impossible to miss the point because it was like following a score written by a master. 

However the characters are written to be very frustrating, especially the male (Uhm Tae Goo who was excellent) and female (Esom) leads: they learn their lesson the hard way and you have to be patient to get there.

The cast is essentially made of veterans and old actors who shine beautifully despite their hard time in the drama.

I enjoyed it a lot because it's a mature drama with a strong social message.

@Lawyerh Yay for sharing the same taste!

But it's very rare to see  negative or even cold critics about Signal and Secret Forest! 

Did you see the special episodes for Border? They were even better than the rest of the drama! 

I'm curious too about @Ameera Ali choices!

Where is she hiding?:mrgreen:

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

@Lawyerh , @titania1000 

Every drama I watched bring some kind of joy for me , but my favourite for resent years would be the fiery priest , return, falling for innocent, signal , HPL :blush:

• Love 2
  • Awesome 1

@Ameera Ali 

We have Signal in common! I dropped Return when the main actress left: i was there only for her and lost interest in the plot at that point. 

What is HPL? 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

@Ameera Ali 

We have Signal in common! I dropped Return when the main actress left: i was there only for her and lost interest in the plot at that point. 

What is HPL? 

Her private life :mrgreen: 

loved return , the revenge was done beautifully :blush:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

@Ameera Ali I prefered Kim Jae Wook in dark roles: he was terrific in Voice 1! 

Probably his best role!

@Lawyerh I should have stopped after Voice1. It wasn't the same drama after but i loved so much Kang Kwon Joo! 

LHN performance in season 1 was just superb! The best women cop i've seen on screen. 

Less Than Evil was a mixed bag for me: when it was good, it was very good but when it was bad i just wanted to drop the drama.

Shin Ha Kyun and Lee Seol were fantastic though! She was a true revelation. 

@Ameera Ali @Lawyerh @triplem Since you all loved Signal, i just wanted to mention that the second season has been greenlight! 

The show is back in production and the 3 leads have signed for it! It will air in the first half of 2020 at the same time as Kingdom (it's the same writer)!  

I made a post in the Signal thread with the details and source! 

Best news of the year. I'm over the moon! :w00t:   

• Love 2
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, titania1000 said:

Best news of the year. I'm over the moon! :w00t:

oh wow!!! That is awesome. I am so thrilled. Can't wait. Same cast? 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@titania1000 thanks for the info girl... thats so exciting... was waiting for it.. and many years has passed actually. I hope S2 will be good. U know the S2 curse, most of sequel not as good as the 1st one. 

If u like Shin Ha Kyun do try Pied Piper, i loved it as well. He was a negotiator man. Pretty charismatic there. Less than Evil not perfect, but pretty good for me. 

Voice i skip S2, and then watch the S3. The S3 not too bad. I like they added some Japanese settings to it. 

• Love 1

@triplem KEH has confirmed in January during the promotion of Kingdom that the three of them have confirmed their participation . The only issue was to syn their schedules!

I'm happy that JJW changed his mind: 4 years ago when KEH proposed him to come back just after the end of s1 he refused. He said in a interview that the drama was too intense and the filming too draining for him. 

Hopefully he will have a better memory this time! 

@Lawyerh We are all so excited! It's like a party! :mrgreen:

For me KEH has proved with Kingdom that she's really an exceptionally good writer! It's a safe bet to say that it will be an excellent season 2! 

Thanks a lot for the recs for Pied Pier: this drama is getting a lot of appraisal. I should really try it! 

Indeed SHK is very charismatic: i loved him too in the film The Villainess though he was a bad guy.

On Voice 3, i liked the two first episodes set in Japan but stopped after that: i hated the character played by the new male lead to replace kang Hyuk since season 2, so i give up quickly. I ahd others dramas on my plate :lol:      

• Like 1

The Princess' man

Goong/Princess Hours

All in

Stairway to Heaven

Boys over flowers