|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

happymemories09

Guest Tinkiebell

Just watched their first meeting together and I'm sold! Haha. 
Gotta love Hong Jinyoung. She has a great personality. She's bubbly, outgoing and without pretense. I got the feeling that she'd be quite a handful to the calm and charismatic Namgoong Min. I almost choked on my drink when she outright told him that her intention to join the show is to get married and that her first impression on him is like a gentle cat who would be the first one to climb on a furnace   =D>    Way to go, girl! :)

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked how (ok I am confused about the name now) he was open about his personality. When they talked about if her cuteness was natural, he said he liked it. How much so? In his BRI he was talking about getting her to "control" it because he didn't want her to do it in front of other men. I guess he is judging by how much he likes it and so doesn't want other guys to see it. ;)
 She and him both have strong personalities but I see WGM has done some work in getting pluses on both sides on what they like in a person. She is bright and energetic and he is seriously interesting. I see beautiful fireworks ahead.

Episode 1 and I already love them!!

Nam GoongMin - Hong JinYoung - I think their personalities are opposite and I guess that is how they will click.  Danny might be right because of the difference in their personalities, they might end up fighting big time.  They may become the bickering couple.  I would love to see more of them - a spanky wife and a calm husband.

Guest jdkk09

I watched the subbed episode and laughed all over again.  I'm going to really love this couple.  They are straight talkers and don't hesitate to say something if they want to.  Min oppa is an interesting fellow.  They're both trying to take the other's measure.  Looking forward to more.

ok ... after I've stopped watching WGM for a while since my favourite couple left, it seems that now I'm going to watch it again ... gahhh!!! seriously , I love this new couple .. they are just too unique . both of them have very contrast personality that make them so fun and unpredictable .. huhuhuh .. Namgoong Min is such a unique guy yet gentleman in his own cute way ... and of course Jin Young is really very cute and outgoing .. going to see how both of them are going to be in relationship for this show ... hahaha...definitely interesting!!

Guest לי�ור �ורן

i think in terms of skinship they will be like jinwon anf junee.. i hope

Guest RoanA

Hi guys I just also want to express my interest in our new onscreen couple! I totally enjoyed their first episode. It was fun to watch and I believe that they are casted well. I am hoping for more fun episodes, well romance also!! *wink*
It was the first time for me to know about Nam Goong Min. I thought he has this lovable personality. His playful side and his random reactions kind of reminds me of Yonghwa's personality from yongseo. I love his voice too ♥
I thought Hong Jin Young has a very cute personally, with no pretensions. Guys may think she's pretending to act cute but me, as a girl, I think it's all natural. I mean her reactions and gestures are really difficult to fake. haha! It all comes naturally for her.
With their smooth interaction, I wouldn't believe that they have 7 years of gap at all. Like I had mentioned, I'm expecting more from them in the future! I also believe that at some point, they will find each other annoying... HAHA! 
also I am looking forward for more Jealous Oppa. hahaha!

Guest Tinkiebell

viyra said: jdkk09 said: His name is Namgoong Min, not Nam Goongmin.  That was one of the bones of contention with the couple.  She got his name wrong.

In the Korean culture, from what I've learned  from my instructor and from the books provided from the lessons, the person's last name comes first, i.e., Lee JungMin, Kang DonWon, etc.

Therefore, our virtual husband's name is laid out or pronounced or spelled as - Nam GoongMin.  MC Park MiSun corrected virtual bride Hong  JinYoung because she don't remember  her  virtual husband's full name,  and spilled out 'Nam GoongHyuk' instead.  The other male MC Jake even  corrected her and said 'GoongMin'.  They even reacted when she said 'Min oppa' because she could have said 'GoongMin oppa'.

You are right that in Korean culture the person's last name comes first. But in this case, just like @jdkk09 and @hxnis has pointed out, his last name is not Nam, it's Namgoong. Therefore the sequence of his name is Namgoong Min, and not Nam Goongmin. The MC corrected her when she said "GoongMin oppa", simply because it's incorrect. His first name is Min, so she should call him "Min oppa", which she later did correctly in the background interview. 

Min Oppa, glad we got that settled.  :-bd
I'm going to try a third guess about the cat story. Appearances are Deceiving. Just because right after that, she said she didn't know who he was as if he was pretending. Anyway, both thought the other was not being themselves and both were wrong  :))

Guest Tinkiebell

colourgrae said: Min Oppa, glad we got that settled.  :-bd
I'm going to try a third guess about the cat story. Appearances are Deceiving. Just because right after that, she said she didn't know who he was as if he was pretending. Anyway, both thought the other was not being themselves and both were wrong  :)) Yeah I think that's what she meant with the gentle cat impression too. 
Gentle cats are supposed to be mild, tame and amiable, but when push comes to shove, they bite too! From the outside, Namgoong Min looks like a gentle, tender, soft and charming kind of guy, but in actuality, he's possessive and gets jealous easily, he can be awkward and straightforward at the same time, just like when he pointed out that there's a piece of food stuck in Jinyoung's teeth, etc. 
It's indeed funny that both of them are suspicious about each other's character at first. I'd love to see how they will get to know each other better through this show, I'm betting it would be such a fun process. :) 

@LavelyShai, wow, all couples in Radio Star. I want it subbed too!    [-O<

Archived