Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happymemories09

|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

@colourgraeI was also trying to figure out what that meant. Does it mean that he is only obsessive to a certain point? But what does that three combo mean? This one really has stumped me, I can usually figure this stuff out, but I can't. We know he's obsessive, but only in a healthy way like he said, but "rear end" and "restrictive"? I have no idea :-??

@LavelyShai  I'm guessing the restrictive part is - you can't wear this kind of dress, do this around other guys, no more variety shows  :-O
Rear end - back door? Follows you around? Checks up on you? Your guess is as good as mine.  Too bad we don't have someone that does baidu here, they seem to have a better translation sometimes.
I think I missed a lot of the meaning in this conversation. There was so much going on back an forth and it was heavy with implied meanings.Min oppa has a lot going on below the surface and she made eyes at her friends to stop. But they didn't of course.  :)) :P

@colourgrae That could be the restrictive part, maybe toning down some of her habits or something. She is out there sometimes, plus he made it no secret he wanted to tone down her aegyo-ness..or at least try to restrict it to him only. The backdoor reference is still completely lost on me, I also wish we had someone here to understand that entire part of the conversation. It can give us more insight. 
Oh goodness, his questions were just blunt and I did notice she kept looking at them to stop, but they didn't :)) :)) They didn't hold back in that conversation at all. I feel like I need pieces of the conversation here so I really read what happened. So much was being said. 

There is one part i dont understand. When jy said she is ok with a healthy amount of obsession, and min oppa said he believes what women say to him, and if he was made to believe a lie...and the friends said, dont worry she wont catch you? I got lost in translation.

kawaiinoona said: There is one part i dont understand. When jy said she is ok with a healthy amount of obsession, and min oppa said he believes what women say to him, and if he was made to believe a lie...and the friends said, dont worry she wont catch you? I got lost in translation.

colourgrae said: kawaiinoona said: There is one part i dont understand. When jy said she is ok with a healthy amount of obsession, and min oppa said he believes what women say to him, and if he was made to believe a lie...and the friends said, dont worry she wont catch you? I got lost in translation. @kawaiinoona Yeah, something was lost or mistranslated because I didn't get that either. @LavelyShai we are all in the same boat adrift.  :-S That part, hmmm..I understand the healthy amount of obsession and him believing what women say is showing that he doesn't have any trust issues unless he's made to believe a lie. That I actually understand, but I think it was Shinji who said that she won't catch him. Maybe they meant he won't know if she did or not. I think it was mistranslated or something because we all obviously didn't understand some of the conversation. Yeah @colourgrae, we're all lost on this one :-S

I went back and watched it a few times. She does say "instead of obsessive, let's say he has a rear end" Still don't understand it. But then I was talking with my sister about slang. When they were at the country house, he said what if a thief throws a rock at the glass door. She replied who would have a swollen liver to do that. In USA we would say, Who would have the guts to do that. Just imagine a translator doing a literal translation - "who would have the intestines to do that?"  :D If they had been talking about a lady, I might have thought of the Nine tails thing. Since tails go on the end. :) But if it is a phrase, like she said about the calm cat that climbs the chimney - hahaha forget it.
 I liked in this episode that the boyish Min oppa showed up occasionally. He felt comfortable as the dinner went on and had good questions for her friends. He was getting so comfortable that he often put his hand on her back or shoulder. This meeting gave him a chance to see her in a different way. And really, being thrown together with a stranger (even if she's pretty or he's handsome) can be tricky. But he is really trying hard to loosen up and enjoy this experience. For JinYoung, she's happy to have an interesting and challenging husband I think.  The phrase "still waters run deep" might apply to Min oppa. She may have been shy like her friends said, but I got the feeling that she was listening to his questions and was thinking about how he reacted to the replies. I find it sweet that he wanted to go to Namsan tower on a date and do the lock. He has a great sense of humor and I was surprised at that because of him being calm for the most part. That is what I mean by his boyishness. Several times his smile was just so cute because he wasn't nervous. I'm curious as to how she will react to him, now that she knows him a little better.

She says "dweegeut" when the "rear end" thing pops up. I think that means something like you hold grudges or don't let go of things.

Min oppa's sense of humour was the most unexpected thing about him for me! I think that is a great trait to help him accept jin young in a way. He doesn't really like her aegyo at first but with his humour, he could adapt to it. Although im not sure how jy feels about that! Does she laugh along with him?

playgue said: She says "dweegeut" when the "rear end" thing pops up. I think that means something like you hold grudges or don't let go of things.

Would Min oppa be the oldest husband on the show?  Or was one of the first husbands older? I wonder if WGM put out info that they were looking for older couples and his rep told him it would be good to apply? Since two of the other couples had the ladies picked first and the men after, i'm assuming she was the one they matched to, that and because she was on the show. This couple also seems to be picked because they are opposites. She's outgoing and spontaneous and he is an introvert and a thinker. I think it is pretty funny too, that he said he was expecting a young idol - only because she was hoping for a young guy.

Is he the oldest? I rather like opposites. Ofcourse if its too different it can be a problem. A bubbly jin young can help bring life into a quiet life of min oppa, although an introvert doesnt really need that much socially.

Like the joongbo couple..HJ was not accustomed to talking to older people or do much charity work in the first place..but his partership with HB made him practice. And probably made some changes in his life. The best couple is when they bring out the best from each other. :) i think jy and min oppa is something special. Or is it too early to say that? Lol

kawaiinoona said: Is he the oldest? I rather like opposites. Ofcourse if its too different it can be a problem. A bubbly jin young can help bring life into a quiet life of min oppa, although an introvert doesnt really need that much socially. Like the joongbo couple..HJ was not accustomed to talking to older people or do much charity work in the first place..but his partership with HB made him practice. And probably made some changes in his life. The best couple is when they bring out the best from each other. :) i think jy and min oppa is something special. Or is it too early to say that? Lol

I think Min oppa is the oldest guy they've had on the show. I know they've had men in their 30's, but no one has ever been 37 before. Maybe MBC has been trying to show a variety of couples and maybe they were hoping to at least have one that really didn't do anything on script. It's obvious Jin Young goes way off a lot so perhaps that's what they wanted. A more natural couple that somehow didn't appear to be too perfect, but somehow meshed together. Idk how to explain it lol Hmm I do wonder what his actual reasons for joining the show are, Jin Young's stated her reasons already. She seems like that's her condition for joining, maybe he joined to help him on the variety circuit, but still that's what Happy Together is for lol What if he's sick of dating and wants to actually find a relationship through this?

@LavelyShai  Since they want to have a couple get married/or date after the show, I would think at the least, Min oppa would have said that he was open to have a relationship.  Otherwise, she would be the only one in the couple that hoped to get married.  Notice that he asked her twice, if she had really said "I want to get Married." He was quite serious about knowing. I think the friends picked up on it. Is it because he's just curious about whether what she says is true or is she joking? Or would he take it for it's face value and really consider her as girlfriend/wife material? From what she talked about on the show - YoonHan and SoYeon - she has always said she wants a relationship. But after he talked to her, it sounds that when she was talking Marriage, she was just "playing" with her representative. So I'm confused now. Is she or isn't she hoping for a relationship?  It is hard to tell when you have to rely on a translation that may or may not accurately give the correct meaning of a phrase.
 What do you think?  I think she is serious despite her joking around. And Min oppa is probably is open, but really cautious (sounds like he has been lied to in the past :() After all, it is a variety show. He doesn't want to be fake but be real. I would have liked to know what he meant when he said (can't remember exactly) about having courage and he was sensitive to that. I haven't looked on the other forums to see if the show has been cancelled because of the ferry tragedy. Very very sad.

@colourgraeFrom watching Jin Young as a MC for so long, I think she's been wanting a relationship. She seemed quite envious of the couples so maybe she wanted this chance to truly try it out. I truly think she wants to get married, but she laughs it out to make it seem as if she's joking when she isn't. I thin since Min oppa asked her twice then I believe he's testing it to see if she's serious since she tends to make it look like a joke. Her friends did notice her and I saw them side-eyeing her when she did tell the story about the conversation with her reps. Maybe Jin Young doesn't want to exactly scare anyone off with her intentions or make him uncomfortable so she appears to not be serious. Hmm..it does seem like Min oppa's "obsessiveness" is probably due to him being hurt in the past. He gets stiff whenever Jin Young mentions anything serious about a relationship, like he's shocked she says it but isn't sure about whether or not to take her seriously. 

colourgrae said: Yes the other threads have confirmed that they have cancelled the WGM showing.  I figured this would happen since other variety shows are cancelled. Infinity Challenge postponed filming as well. 

LavelyShai said: @colourgraeFrom watching Jin Young as a MC for so long, I think she's been wanting a relationship. She seemed quite envious of the couples so maybe she wanted this chance to truly try it out. I truly think she wants to get married, but she laughs it out to make it seem as if she's joking when she isn't. I thin since Min oppa asked her twice then I believe he's testing it to see if she's serious since she tends to make it look like a joke. Her friends did notice her and I saw them side-eyeing her when she did tell the story about the conversation with her reps. Maybe Jin Young doesn't want to exactly scare anyone off with her intentions or make him uncomfortable so she appears to not be serious. Hmm..it does seem like Min oppa's "obsessiveness" is probably due to him being hurt in the past. He gets stiff whenever Jin Young mentions anything serious about a relationship, like he's shocked she says it but isn't sure about whether or not to take her seriously. 

colourgrae said: Yes the other threads have confirmed that they have cancelled the WGM showing.

To open my participation in this thread there is a thing I want to say about Battery Jin Young:
She is 30 or something and there isn't a single idol cuter than her xD
Maybe I'm going too over board with her, but, she is the full package, pretty, sexy, has a beatiful voice, funny, and it seems she can express everything without a single word, just with her eyes.
And if it is not enough, she's too smart xD, and "cunning" like poor Nam Goong Min said.
For one moment I tought: she has him totally in her pocket, but it seems she is weak to him beeing sincere and caring towards her, like in the end of tha last episode...
High expectations for this couple!