|2014 WGM S4 COUPLE| NAM GOONG MIN ∞ HONG JIN YOUNG

happymemories09

kiyumilovesyunho said: Enjoyed every second of this episode but here's a few highlights for me:

***Min oppa was very attentive to Jin Young's friends, his body language at the table [i.e leaning forward] shows full attention to what they're saying; he was charming and funny

***the little bits of touches he gives JinYoung like when he's asking why she's getting mad, or when he joked as a "revenge" that he expected a very young idol as a wife [i may have misinterpreted this convo, so don't quote me ^^]

***the way he shows his jealousy and his imitations of his wife's aegyo... so cute!

***it gave me butterflies when he gave her his jacket during the walk

***when they recorded their "promise" after the lock event, Min using the word cherish.

I can't wait for subs to be out and for next week, looks so much fun [and lots of skinship! yay!]... they just make a great couple. they look good as individual, great when they're together. so sorry for the long post, i just love this pairing
:x

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we-got-married1.jpgS class="content-title" style="font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 26px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Hong Jin Young Makes Nam Goong Min Speechless on “We Got Married”singer Hong Jin Young acknowledged her previous relationship and threw a fastball against her pretend husband, actor Nam Goong Min.On the episode of MBC’s “We Got Married,” which aired on April 12, Hong Jin Young introduced Nam Goong Min to her friends, Shinji of Koyote and Joo Hyun of SPICA.During their meeting Shinji asked Nam Goong Min, “When you searched Hong Jin Young on the Internet, didn't you find another name in the search?” hinting on Hong Jin Young’s previous relationship. Nam Goong Min answered, “Ah…” signaling that he remembered.Shinji tried to mitigate the situation by saying, “We ( Hong Jin Young, Shinji, and male subject) were all close friends,” to Nam Goong Min, but Hong Jin Young corrected her and said, “No,  I did go out with him. Everyone knew about our relationship.” She added, “I dated publicly. I’m sure Nam Goong Min tried everything even though he didn't date publicly,” leaving Nam Goong Min speechless. 

Nam Goong Min and Hong Jin Young met up with her friends Shinji and SPICA'sJuhyun on the April 12th episode of 'We Got Married'.

SEE ALSO: Hong Jin Young says she was surprised that there are no scripts on 'We Got Married' + poses for a stunning pictorial

He had a few questions for them right off the bat. He asked Shinji, "Why is Hong Jin Young such a flirt?" Shinji replied, "She's not flirting. That's just her life. It could seem that way from a man's point of view, but it's really not like that."

Nam Goong Min then brought up the aegyo expressions that are Hong Jin Young's trademark, saying, "I liked them thinking she would only do them for me, but on another program, she winked at Super Junior's Kyuhyun. I'm worried about Hong Jin Ho too."Hong Jin Young explained, "No, it's not like that. I meant to wink at the camera, but the timing was off."

The two then ended the night with a romantic stroll and promised to treat each other well. What do you think of Hong Jin Young's aegyo?
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/04/hong-jin-young-and-nam-goong-min-meet-up-with-shinji-and-spicas-juhyun-on-we-got-married

I don't remember reading this - it's about their radio star appearance. So Min oppa has a lot of girl friends..

Many of the "We Got Married" viewers offered positive reactions of the unveiling of the Namgoong Min - Hong Jin Young couple. Dubbed the "cutie couple", their dynamic is both comical and sweet. Appearing as a couple on "Radio Star", they showed the hilarious couple dynamic that ensues when opposites attract.

Hong Jin Young spoke first, as it was already her third time appearing on Radio Star. When singer Jung Joon Young stated that he always felt that Hong Jin Young was a great person, she responded by saying that she's always been fond of Jung Joon Young. Namgoong Min then broke up the conversation by telling the MC's that Hong Jin Young is very flirty and that she should act like how she naturally acts around him.

Not one to lose, Hong Jin Young responded by saying, "Namgoong Min acts like he's a quiet person, but in reality, he says everything that he wants to say. People say I'm flirty, but Namgoong Min is the one that has more girlfriends than guyfriends."

Hong Jin Young described Namgoong Min as a man that would point it out if she had something stuck in her teeth. When the MC's asked if Hong Jin Young would tell her boyfriend or husband if his zipper is open, Hong Jin Young surprised the MC's by telling them that she would close it for him. Hong Jin Young also revealed her "cutie" moves, but Namgoong Min stated, "She often takes it too far," drawing laughter.

However, they are not always at odds. Namgoong Min stated that Hong Jin Young's bright personality lights up a room. He stated that while she isn't his style physically, her natural charm and personality made him really like her. He also stated that Hong Jin Young is not pretty but lovely. Hong Jin Young didn't respond to these comments but smiled and encouraged Namgoong Min throughout the show.

It will be interesting, to say the least, to see their dynamic play out in "We Got Married".

http://www.kpopstarz.com/articles/85671/20140328/radio-star-featuring-namgoong-min-hong-jin-young-cutie-couple.htm

Loved this episode! It gave me the laughs that i needed in this dreary morning. Loved the adult interaction and straightforwardness of it all. Min oppa really made jy's friends laugh and i think those are plus points. He is into his hubby role alright. Although his jealous tendencies scared me a little..lol... Its nice though that he shows jealousy. I was rather surprised at jy's silence at the table as well. Min oppa surprised her i guess? Or she could be letting her friends (loved their noisiness) get to know him.

@colourgrae‌ great insight about the couple's personalities! Min oppa is more of an introvert isnt he? But he managed his meeting with friends well in this week's episode.

Happy with this coupling. Very grown up.

There were some phrases I couldn't figure out. At the end of the dinner, they were talking about Min oppa's obsession. They said he had a "rear end". What does that mean? I know it relates to being obsessive because they said if he was restrictive, it would be a "three combo" Anyone have a guess?  :-/ :-B

@LavelyShai  I'm guessing the restrictive part is - you can't wear this kind of dress, do this around other guys, no more variety shows  :-O
Rear end - back door? Follows you around? Checks up on you? Your guess is as good as mine.  Too bad we don't have someone that does baidu here, they seem to have a better translation sometimes.
I think I missed a lot of the meaning in this conversation. There was so much going on back an forth and it was heavy with implied meanings.Min oppa has a lot going on below the surface and she made eyes at her friends to stop. But they didn't of course.  :)) :P

There is one part i dont understand. When jy said she is ok with a healthy amount of obsession, and min oppa said he believes what women say to him, and if he was made to believe a lie...and the friends said, dont worry she wont catch you? I got lost in translation.

I went back and watched it a few times. She does say "instead of obsessive, let's say he has a rear end" Still don't understand it. But then I was talking with my sister about slang. When they were at the country house, he said what if a thief throws a rock at the glass door. She replied who would have a swollen liver to do that. In USA we would say, Who would have the guts to do that. Just imagine a translator doing a literal translation - "who would have the intestines to do that?"  :D If they had been talking about a lady, I might have thought of the Nine tails thing. Since tails go on the end. :) But if it is a phrase, like she said about the calm cat that climbs the chimney - hahaha forget it.
 I liked in this episode that the boyish Min oppa showed up occasionally. He felt comfortable as the dinner went on and had good questions for her friends. He was getting so comfortable that he often put his hand on her back or shoulder. This meeting gave him a chance to see her in a different way. And really, being thrown together with a stranger (even if she's pretty or he's handsome) can be tricky. But he is really trying hard to loosen up and enjoy this experience. For JinYoung, she's happy to have an interesting and challenging husband I think.  The phrase "still waters run deep" might apply to Min oppa. She may have been shy like her friends said, but I got the feeling that she was listening to his questions and was thinking about how he reacted to the replies. I find it sweet that he wanted to go to Namsan tower on a date and do the lock. He has a great sense of humor and I was surprised at that because of him being calm for the most part. That is what I mean by his boyishness. Several times his smile was just so cute because he wasn't nervous. I'm curious as to how she will react to him, now that she knows him a little better.

Guest playgue

She says "dweegeut" when the "rear end" thing pops up. I think that means something like you hold grudges or don't let go of things.

Min oppa's sense of humour was the most unexpected thing about him for me! I think that is a great trait to help him accept jin young in a way. He doesn't really like her aegyo at first but with his humour, he could adapt to it. Although im not sure how jy feels about that! Does she laugh along with him?

Would Min oppa be the oldest husband on the show?  Or was one of the first husbands older? I wonder if WGM put out info that they were looking for older couples and his rep told him it would be good to apply? Since two of the other couples had the ladies picked first and the men after, i'm assuming she was the one they matched to, that and because she was on the show. This couple also seems to be picked because they are opposites. She's outgoing and spontaneous and he is an introvert and a thinker. I think it is pretty funny too, that he said he was expecting a young idol - only because she was hoping for a young guy.

Is he the oldest? I rather like opposites. Ofcourse if its too different it can be a problem. A bubbly jin young can help bring life into a quiet life of min oppa, although an introvert doesnt really need that much socially.

Like the joongbo couple..HJ was not accustomed to talking to older people or do much charity work in the first place..but his partership with HB made him practice. And probably made some changes in his life. The best couple is when they bring out the best from each other. :) i think jy and min oppa is something special. Or is it too early to say that? Lol

kawaiinoona said: Is he the oldest? I rather like opposites. Ofcourse if its too different it can be a problem. A bubbly jin young can help bring life into a quiet life of min oppa, although an introvert doesnt really need that much socially. Like the joongbo couple..HJ was not accustomed to talking to older people or do much charity work in the first place..but his partership with HB made him practice. And probably made some changes in his life. The best couple is when they bring out the best from each other. :) i think jy and min oppa is something special. Or is it too early to say that? Lol

@LavelyShai  Since they want to have a couple get married/or date after the show, I would think at the least, Min oppa would have said that he was open to have a relationship.  Otherwise, she would be the only one in the couple that hoped to get married.  Notice that he asked her twice, if she had really said "I want to get Married." He was quite serious about knowing. I think the friends picked up on it. Is it because he's just curious about whether what she says is true or is she joking? Or would he take it for it's face value and really consider her as girlfriend/wife material? From what she talked about on the show - YoonHan and SoYeon - she has always said she wants a relationship. But after he talked to her, it sounds that when she was talking Marriage, she was just "playing" with her representative. So I'm confused now. Is she or isn't she hoping for a relationship?  It is hard to tell when you have to rely on a translation that may or may not accurately give the correct meaning of a phrase.
 What do you think?  I think she is serious despite her joking around. And Min oppa is probably is open, but really cautious (sounds like he has been lied to in the past :() After all, it is a variety show. He doesn't want to be fake but be real. I would have liked to know what he meant when he said (can't remember exactly) about having courage and he was sensitive to that. I haven't looked on the other forums to see if the show has been cancelled because of the ferry tragedy. Very very sad.

Archived