is 20+ too old to audition? opinion, tips and so on needed! (help thread for audition when 20+?)

@laylovesjoey you're welcome :) can you tell me what you included in your jyp mail? maybe i'll try my luck with jyp too although i think jyp is too late for me because they already are going to debut a new girlgroup soon and after that group i think they don't want girls my age anymore T_T did you get a response? you should try other companys which are open to foreigners too i think :)

@wengfrecrixs i guess this isn't the right thread to ask this lol. i don't know if you need an extra software, normally there should already be on on your laptop if it's with a cam. if the cam is sepperate there should be a software with it which you need to install.

@laylovesjoey oh sorry that was my fault, i've got it wrong. thought you already sent an audition. i know what you mean ;w; i want to audition for singer, also SM is my first choice but when i sing alone at home i always have the feeling i can't sing fully and free, even though nobody's at home and i don't know what to to against that. sometimes i let my friends hear my records but they always say it sounds like i'm not completely free and relaxed and this is a huge problem for me. my parents also find it ridiculous that i practice my vocals every day, they don't understand and think it's unnecessary.
maybe you still can record your dance once a while and see for yourself what lacks, what you can improve and do better. you need to find confidence in yourself and in your dancing, confidence is the key to success. i also lack of confidence in singing and in myself but i'll work on it because i'll try e-mail audition this summer or fall. i don't want to regret this and i don't want to be too late even though it may be because of age but you can still try. if you not try you will never know how your chances are or what happens, that's what i try to tell myself everyday. wish you good luck with your future audition! go for it, fighting!~

• 3 months later...

@wengfrecrixs i think it's better to send a video clip, but mp3 is fine as well. you definitely have to send them your photos, application form and mp3/video clip. maybe you should look on the website of the company you want to audition for if they want mp3 or video clip.
if i'm going to audition i'll make one video clip of me singing and 1-2 mp3 files^^ but the problem is i can't decide which songs i should prepare and that i'm still not confident enough with myself ;w;

ricecakee said: @wengfrecrixs i think it's better to send a video clip, but mp3 is fine as well. you definitely have to send them your photos, application form and mp3/video clip. maybe you should look on the website of the company you want to audition for if they want mp3 or video clip.
if i'm going to audition i'll make one video clip of me singing and 1-2 mp3 files^^ but the problem is i can't decide which songs i should prepare and that i'm still not confident enough with myself ;w;

• 1 month later...

wengfrecrixs said: ricecakee said: @wengfrecrixs i think it's better to send a video clip, but mp3 is fine as well. you definitely have to send them your photos, application form and mp3/video clip. maybe you should look on the website of the company you want to audition for if they want mp3 or video clip.

• 1 month later...
Guest jdkpopidol

guys answer please.! i will turn 24 years old by august and im planning to go to south korea by december or january for the audition do you guys think i still have a chance?? im really desperate and i will practice my butt off! i just need some info please

• 5 months later...
Guest noona_yah_stv

I have the same problem! Not that I'm 20 now, I'm actually just 17yo but I still need to focus on my studies and I counted the years in order for me to finish and by the time I graduate I'm already 20. I even joined different orgs that will help me improve my skills because I know I might be too old to be accepted so If ever I'm lucky enough my time spent as a trainee could be lessened. To be honest the reason why I wanted to take tourism as my program in college is because it might be my best chance to go to korea and learn korean language too (the school I applied to offers korean subjects) Nobody knows my desire to be a k-pop idol although my relatives know I'm a huge k-pop fan. I'm pretty sure they expect me to have work after I graduate. I really really want to become a k-pop idol. they don't cast global auditions here in my country and i can't go to the live auditions in korea because the only chance i get to go travelling to another country is through my college program. I was thinking about mail auditions but the one I'm applying for is dancing and I don't have enough space in my home to make a video and i don't always have access to the dance studios we use since I'm actually pretty new and some people in my country do not understand the beauty in the music of k-pop so they'll probably find it weird that I'm making a video of myself dancing to it. Another one is that although I am willing to learn in improving my vocals, I know that I really am not a great singer and so far the only chance I practice is through apps like starmaker and such(as well when taking a shower) >.< and even so, i still can't give up on my dream. I still have some remaining years before the so called age limit but time flies so fast and I'm the type of person who plans the future ahead so that I wouldn't have to think of it later. Sometimes I wonder if maybe it's time to give up on that but I already worked so hard so I can't just stop now :(

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Not sure if this thread is alive...

I think we should just go for it since I believe it's better to have fought for your dream than just let fear hold us back.

Although I don't get a chance to go through the actual audition (which makes me feel like I have terrible luck sometimes orz), just the experience of recording yourself singing or dancing makes you understand yourself and what works and doesn't work for you.

• 6 months later...

I really don't think it hurts to try, but honestly, the older you get, the harder it probably would be. I think it's just because they want to start training at a young age so that when you're done training, you would be at an age that isn't too old for the Kpop industry. You don't really hear many idols that start at 26 or 30

• 1 year later...

Archived