Kim Sun Ah 김선아

Guest *alodia*

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought the Soompiers in this thread would like to know about a podcast that is all about K-drama and that talks about (and swoons over!) Kim Sun Ah and "Masked Prosecutor" in its latest episode. ^_^

You can download it for free via iTunes (the name of the podcast is "K-drama Addiction Therapy")
or listen/download via the website: http://kdramapod.com/episode-12/

We hope you'll enjoy it!

Direct link to iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/se/podcast/k-drama-addiction-therapy/id957840613?mt=2&ls=1

June 24, 2015

Surgeon ordered to pay actress for false endorsement

SEOUL, June 24 (Yonhap) -- An appeals court Wednesday ordered a plastic surgeon to compensate a popular actress for running false advertisements.

The Seoul High Court ordered the surgeon to pay 25 million won (US$22,600) to Kim Sun-a for using her signature and likeness in online advertisements without her permission.

An online marketing agency the surgeon hired in 2012 created an official blog for the doctor and posted the signature and photos of the 39-year-old actress, along with the tagline "Kim Sun-a personally recommends this surgeon."

The court overturned a lower court ruling that said the ads did not violate Kim's right to publicity, or her right to control the commercial use of her name, signature and photos.

"These blog posts clearly violate her personal rights as female celebrities tend to dislike being associated with plastic surgery," Judge No Tae-ak said.

Kim is best known for her lead role in the popular 2005 Korean drama series "My Lovely Sam Soon."

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest etee7114

I was quite disappointed with Masked Prosecutor's writing and directing.  I do hope KSA picks a good drama next. And soon.  Both her and Joo Sang Wook's talent were wasted in MP.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Kim Hee-sun up to join Kim Sun-ah in Woman of Dignity

by girlfriday | June 23, 2016 

Kim Hee-sun (Angry Mom) and Kim Sun-ah (Masked Prosecutor), together in one drama? I love both actresses, but doesn’t that seem like one leading lady too many? Kim Hee-sun is reportedly considering the leading role in the new series Woman of Dignity, which is the part that Kim Sun-ah was originally said to be considering. But producers are apparently courting Kim Sun-ah for a different role, and the two actresses are in consideration to be co-stars. Well, they did say it was a drama about ajummas, so maybe it’ll be the female version of A Gentleman’s Dignity and they can get a whole posse of girlfriends then?

The new drama comes from My Name Is Kim Sam-soon PD Kim Yoon-chul (also of JTBC dramas Madam Antoine, Could We Love, Can We Get Married) and writer Baek Mi-kyung of JTBC’s thoughtful melodrama Beloved Eun-dong, and tells the story of a woman’s riches-to-rags journey of self-discovery. Kim Hee-sun is up for the main role, an extremely beautiful woman who was once a flight attendant and the model for her airline. At twenty-eight she married into a wealthy family and has since enjoyed a life of luxury. But when her in-laws’ family goes under and her husband betrays her, she loses her prestige and hits rock bottom, and the drama is about her personal growth as she raises herself back up.

13502084_1246315005386560_15209761449064

Kim Sun-ah is up for a character with a thick Chungcheong-do accent who really wants to be a part of high society. She bulks up on her learning in order to do so, and is described as a three-dimensional character with a lot of different sides to her. That’s a bit vague, but it sounds like Kim Sun-ah and Kim Hee-sun will be playing characters from opposite sides of the tracks, who meet somewhere in the middle.

The drama plans to explore contemporary women’s lives, particularly middle-aged women, and the ajumma’s position in society. I can see this type of drama doing really well, especially if they can actually make it relatable and realistic about the everyday struggles women face. It’s interesting that Kim Sun-ah is looking at a secondary character, but there must be something about the role that stands out. I’m sure that a reunion with the director of her beloved rom-com classic My Name Is Kim Sam-soon has a lot to do with it. I do want to see both Kims back in dramaland soon, so maybe we’ll kill two birds with one stone and get them to come back in the same project.

Woman of Dignity plans to start shooting in August for a broadcast early next year. No broadcaster is attached yet.

• 10 months later...

Kim Sun-ah and Kim Hee-sun cross paths and fates in Woman of Dignity

by tipsymocha

womanofdignity-teaser105.jpg

We’ve got a little over a month left until we get to see Woman of Dignity take over Man to Man, and JTBC has just released the first teaser for the woman-centric show. I remember reading earlier reports that this drama is supposed to be a satirical human comedy, but the teaser presents itself as more on the thriller side of the genre spectrum.

We see glimpses of our two leading ladies: Kim Hee-sun (Angry Mom) looks every bit the posh, Cheongdam-dong daughter-in-law she plays, while Kim Sun-ah (Masked Prosecutor) starts out as the woman from the countryside, with average clothing that is quickly replaced by a fancy fur coat and sparkly jewelry. There’s a charged scene of the two ladies crossing paths, Kim Hee-sun in a chauffeured car, and a dowdy Kim Sun-ah walking the pavement. Oh, the symbolism. It’s not hard to see why Kim Sun-ah’s Park Bok-ja character is jealous of Kim Hee-sun’s Woo Ah-jin: On the surface, Woo Ah-jin’s life is all glitter and rainbows, but we’ll see her life falling apart as her in-laws lose their fortune, she gets kicked out, and she finds her husband cheating on her.

I’m not sure whether Park Bok-ja will have anything to do with Ah-jin’s sudden misfortunes, but this teaser certainly seems to imply some antagonism between the leading ladies. There’s a really creepy moment when Kim Hee-sun is staring straight at the camera, and a disembodied hand slinks over her shoulder while we see Kim Sun-ah in the distance moving her arm behind a mirror. I don’t know about you, but I certainly wasn’t expecting unattached limbs moving about in this teaser, so that gave me the heebie-jeebies.

We finish the teaser with Kim Sun-ah closing the curtains shut behind a window, and the two ladies facing each other. This teaser was certainly stylish, but the tone was unexpectedly dark, so it will be interesting to see whether the show itself follows suit, or if this teaser is just an anomaly.

Woman of Dignity will follow Man to Man in the Friday-Saturday slot over on JTBC, and is scheduled to premiere on June 16.

womanofdignity-teaser101.jpg

womanofdignity-teaser102.jpg

womanofdignity-teaser103.jpg

womanofdignity-teaser104.jpg

womanofdignity-teaser106.jpg

womanofdignity-teaser107.jpg

credits: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/kim-sun-ah-and-kim-hee-sun-cross-paths-and-fates-in-woman-of-dignity/

• 1 year later...

Archived