[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] Lady and Liar 千金女賊

sugarplum892

%E5%8D%83%E9%87%91%E5%A5%B3%E8%B3%8A.jpg

Details:

Title: 千金女賊 / Qiānjīn nǚ zéi
English title: Lady and Liar

Genre: Love, Rebellion, Revenge

Episodes: 46

Producer: Chen Yu Shan (陳玉珊) (Prince of Lanling 兰陵王)

Broadcast Period: January 28, 2015 - February 20, 2015

Broadcast Days: Sundays - Saturdays @ 7:30pm

Replacing: My Sunshine 何以笙箫默
Cast:

Hawick Lau as Bai Zheng Qing
Tiffany Tang as Jiang Xin
Tony Yang as Sheng Jie Wen
Yang Rong as Du Xiao Han
Alina Zhang
Synopsis:

Du Xiao Han (Yang Rong), a lady thief on the run accidentally swap identity with Jiang Xin (Tiffany Tang Yan), who was on her way to acknowledge her biological parents. Du Xiao Han turn into a rich heiress overnight and have Jiang Xin's boyfriend as her own. In a turn of events, the original heiress suddenly ended up becoming the woman of Shanghai gangster, Bai Zheng Qing (Hawick Lau)! The whole of Shanghai city knows that Bai Zheng Qing is a 'wolf' not to be trifled with, until he met Jiang Xin, the cold and untouchable Bai Zheng Qing was moved and changed by Jiang Xin's kind-hearted and simple personality. In order to retain his beloved woman, Bai Zheng Qing lie, fabricate her fiancée's identity and keep Jiang Xin's past from her, just to let Jiang Xin stays by his side. But unfortunately it cause her to miss her loved ones which results in life-long regret. And the man whom Jiang Xin love has never give up in looking around for her whereabouts. In confrontation between good and evil, lies and misplaced love, ultimately the truth unfold. The amnesia heiress, Jiang Xin recover her memories.....with the help of the two men who love her dearly, she regain the life that was taken away from her and the crime-ridden lady thief get her just deserts.

Watch here with English subs when it comes out!
Raw Trailer:

OSTs:Jam Hsiao - Ài wú fǎn gù

Diana Wang - Peach Blossom Knot

Jess Lee Kar Wei - Everything Has Been Well

News & Information:

Lady and the Liar 千金女賊 Begins Filming & Blessing Ceremony
Hawick Lau & Tiffany Tang at Fan Meeting

Additional Links:
Lady and the Liar 千金女賊 Viki English Subbed Episodes
Lady and the Liar 千金女賊 Raw Episodes
Lady and the Liar 千金女賊 Facebook Page
Lady and the Liar 千金女賊 Weibo Page

Hawick Lau Official Soompi Thread

Prince of Lanling 兰陵王 Official Drama Thread

SOOMPI RULES OF CONDUCTDon't post any requests for subs.Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just finished watching the first two episodes and I like it especially the scenes with Tang Yan and Hawick. Those are the best for me so far...I can definitely feel their chemistry =D>
The pace of the story seems decent...but I felt there are too much going on already in the first two episodes...seems a bit overwhelmed (maybe because I just finished You're my sunshine (Love it!) and that drama is slow paced... and I need some adjustment =)) )
Hawick is doing great with his subtle expression and his rich/charming yet dominating presence... Tang Yan is her usual pretty and lovely self... Yang Rong is also doing a great job as a thief with a bit of evilness hidden under the surface. Tony...this is my first time seeing him act and I am not familiar with him. Although I think he is very pleasing visually... I felt he is the weak link out of the four of them...
Overall, can't wait for the next episodes! :D

There are versions on Youtube claiming to be the uncut version, but I'm not sure if it is real. I didn't notice the chopping until about episode 10. It then become horrible and seemed like there were numerous loopholes in the story. 
I'm up to episode 14 and quite like the drama.

Mangoberrie said: There are versions on Youtube claiming to be the uncut version, but I'm not sure if it is real. I didn't notice the chopping until about episode 10. It then become horrible and seemed like there were numerous loopholes in the story. 
I'm up to episode 14 and quite like the drama. Same, I didn't notice it until ep 10.  I viewed the youtube ones that claims they are uncut but they're still cut. :(
I stopped at ep 11, I'm still considering whether I should pick it back up lol

I'm watching this... upto ep 31 already.I find Hawick acting is a bit stiff... not enough emotions coming through...
Storyline is OK, sometime it's unbelievable and unrealistic. Oh well.
I didn't realise there's cut version.. hmm.... maybe i should check out youtube to see if my version is cut or uncut.

hello everyone! i just recently started the drama on Maplestage! For those who don't have subs yet, here is a review/first impression of the drama in case you were wondering what it was about and an opinion about it's quality. Enjoy! 
https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2015/02/09/lady-and-the-liar-%E5%8D%83%E9%87%91%E5%A5%B3%E8%B4%BC/

you can read episodes recap & review in here http://deerdrama.com/list-of-episode-reviews/ 
and engsub can be found here http://koreandramaonair2014.blogspot.com/2015/02/engsub-lady-and-liar.html
the engsub is slow update but it's better than nothing. enjoy...!

Finished this drama today. Quite content with the story although did notice some silly loopholes in the plot. I really like Hawick's character in this story, it outshines the female lead's character although it is really her story the show is set on. 

Finally finished marathoning this long drama! I am satisfied with the story overall and who can deny Hawick's excellent eyebrow game! The ending was a bit meh, but hey, I'll take it! 
Here is my final thoughts on the drama. Of course spoilers! https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2015/02/23/a-final-word-on-lady-and-liar-%E5%8D%83%E9%87%91%E5%A5%B3%E8%B4%BC/

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is looking for a similar drama to Lady and Liar, watch Cruel Romance! This has similar themes ! You can read more about the two comparisons here: https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2015/03/04/cruel-romance-%E9%94%A6%E7%BB%A3%E7%BC%98%C2%B7%E5%8D%8E%E4%B8%BD%E5%86%92%E9%99%A9/

Peach Blossom Knot by Wang Shi An

倒转时光拾遍地的苍凉
Turn back time picking the pieces of desolation off the ground
爱未央 寻觅地久天长
Love has not ended, seeking eternity
念念不忘 将心比心的伤
Always in mind, the same kind of pain
雪地中 孤傲的白狼
Amidst the snow, a proud white wolf
燃点星光融心底的残霜
Light up the stars to melt away frost in the heart
融不尽口是心非的谎
Unable to withstand the lies unmeant
逆着风闯荡 生死茫茫
Battling against the wind, of lives and deaths
任遗憾荡气回肠
Let regret touch the soul
桃花开 逃不开
Peach blossoms bloom, can’t escape
掏尽无常变幻
Exhaust the transient changes
成全我粉身粹骨再推我离开
Break me up inside and push me aside
桃花谢 坠跌
Peach blossoms wither, fall
惹无尽尘埃
Inciting endless dust

染红你 一身的纯白
Dyeing red your white body of innocence
解不开 桃花结系紧的两端
Unable to unravel, both sides of the peach blossom knot
捻思念 缠成眼泪的纠缠
Entwined longing, into entangled tears
解不开轮回爱恨的胸怀
Unable to unravel the circle of love and hate in the heart and mind
让煎熬证明你存在
Let the struggle prove your existence

剪不断桃花结藏得勇敢
Unable to unravel peach blossom knot’s hidden bravery
越挣扎黯然神伤越盛开
The greater the struggle the more dejection blooms
剪不断握在手心的未来
Unable to sever a future held in the palm
用一切交换答案
To use everything to exchange for answers
抬头看就纵身跳进悬崖
Look up and jump off into the cliff
能释怀深邃眼底的无奈
To let go of the helplessness deep in your eyes
回头看费尽苦心炼成爱
Look back at how love was painstakingly refined
桃花结谁能解得开
Peach blossom knot, who can unravel it

Credit tumbleintofantasy

• 5 weeks later...

I am back after marathoning the entire series of Cruel Romance. The drama is really similar to Lady and Liar, so if you didn't have enough of Er Ye's and his hilarious minions with a side of lady, take a look at Cruel Romance. 
Though Huang Xiao Ming doesn't have Hawick eyebrows, he's got a pretty good smirk and better knife skills! 
https://picadrama.wordpress.com/2015/04/09/a-final-word-on-cruel-romance-%E9%94%A6%E7%BB%A3%E7%BC%98%C2%B7%E5%8D%8E%E4%B8%BD%E5%86%92%E9%99%A9/

Archived