[Drama 2014] ♈♦ Hotel King ♕ 호텔킹 ♦♈

Maetawinz

• Replies 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest wingding

Adwina Oltariani said: anyone noticed the lighting is changed and the cinematography too? now it looks like an ordinary weekend drama.. It used to has a gorgeous shot and scenery just like a movie.. Oh well, I guess I have to get used to the new PD style of shooting..

Bosco_96 said: after watching again preview i think we will not have bed sceneit seems that MN lies on the mattress laying on the floor then JW lifts her to put on bed. haizz. I thought that both of them want to enter room to do bed scene after having passionate kiss  8-X

Guest kaman226

soupsoua

said:

Favorite scenes from episode 11:

-When MN tries to act lady like and JW's all like, "Wth?" hahhaa And then when they watch charlie chaplin and he keeps peeking at her. So adorable!!! -That jogging scene. Who wouldn't want to jog next to LDW? lol-the swing set gift, with the toy Bella and JW's note. "I use to love Bella the most, but I have found someone I love more."  <3-JW's reaction to finding out his "real" father. Poor baby... he's a good actor! And the destruction of the painting. It means, "This is it. My last tie with you is broken. You no longer are my savior. You no longer hold that place." Yes, he was going crazy, Who wouldn't? Your "savior" who abused you, turns out to be your blood... Who would not go crazy?-THAT KISS!!! That kiss... spells out: "I need you, i love you, thank you... I'm sorry. I'll always protect you." And omg, they actually look breathless after that kiss. LOL

Over all:

Not sure how I like the new PD's filming style or editing style. Are PD's even in charge of this? lol The love is moving pretty fast.. which also means its downfall will be very painful to watch. I wish MN will grow more in her characterization, though. She's lovable now, but I want her to have some brains as well. More scenes like her being kick @ss (i.e. when she was trying to prove her father's death, and swinging down the side of the building implanting evidence. lol).  

On a side note, LDH's seems to bring out some of the best acting in her male co star roles. LOL. Jang Hyuk in Chuno... and now LDW will shine in this role. I've never seen him play such an angry, pitiful character so far. He's showing his acting chopping blocks now. So, please let our LDH show hers as well!

Guest orangepuffle

Thoughts on HK  -  Episode 11Just finished watching episode 11 (subbed)... It's during times like this that I thank God for making me Chinese, since Chinese subs come out way faster than the english ones on Gooddrama.net. 
I'm surprised with the amount of fluff there was in this episode. You know what they all say about lengthy makjang plots - the sweeter the ride, the harder the fall. From secret glances to each other, to Jae-wan's less than subtle affection, let's just say that we're in for a painful 20 episodes. I am, however, pleasantly surprised that Jae-wan didn't pretend that his confession never happened the next day (as many other Kdrama heros do), and showed more affection to Mo-ne than he ever did in the past episodes (with the exception of episode 10, of course!). I am a little concerned that the fluffy scenes might only be added as fanservice to keep us preoccupied while they sort out their staff-change business, instead of priorly-planned scenes that will actually contribute to plot development. Not that I didn't appreciate the fluff, of course. Cute scenes, when done by actors with the right chemistry, can be very, VERY hot. And I'm sure nobody would argue with me that Lee Dong-wook and Lee Da-hae are probably one of the couples with the best chemistry whether it was 9 years ago, or now. (SHOUTOUT TO DONGHAE FANS!!!)
And can I just say the Mo-ne has to learn to be more patient, lol. When Jae-wan was about to send her his "I miss you" text (I swear he was a millisecond away from clicking send) she had to - she just had to - call him, and waste that moment. SIGH. AMONE, WHEN WILL YOU EVER LEARN. Speaking of which, Jae-wan is actually a pretty good boyfriend... He's attentive and affectionate (when given the opportunity - I mean, he made her  a SWING for her birthday, paired with it a cheesy note that's so dorky and so him at the same time), whilst being mature. A rare case in Kdrama heros, we must note. Swoon. 
Cinematography wise, I've to say I'm disappointed. Remember how well the end of episode 9 was shot, with them walking in the sunset? Or the end of episode 10 - the confession was breathtaking, and not just because of the acting - the camera angles played a huge role in that too. Now it just looks like an ordinary drama, and the wow-factor and the impact is gone. I'm suspecting it's due to the PD change, and I've to say that I'm not happy about that. At all. Which is a pity, since I was really hoping that their first kiss would be under I dunno, a million cherry blossoms, or maybe a meteorite or something. Hopes, shattered. HMPH. 
I'll still look forward to this drama, but with a wary heart. Oh well, my only source of comfort is the fact that when all else fails, we have the couple's chemistry to fallback on. That, I sincerely hope, will never disappoint.
"When even I myself am unsure of who I am, this woman - she says she believes in me." - Jae-wan

Guest kaman226

@orangepuffle
Thanks for the long thoughts and btw I'm Chinese too (from Hong Kong actually). I'm also glad that I could watch new episodes with Chinese sub when I woke up at around 10am!  :))

Guest orangepuffle

kaman226

said: @orangepuffle

Thanks for the long thoughts and btw I'm Chinese too (from Hong Kong actually). I'm also glad that I could watch new episodes with Chinese sub when I woke up at around 10am! 

:)

)

Our hk back 0n n0. 1 again in their timeslot. . . <:-P <:-P <:-P

See? That's the power of the otp kiss. So HK team if you want a higher ratings bring us on the BED SCENES!!! :)) :)) :))

Well we can start with different types or style of kiss every episodes if asking for a bed scene is too early. Lol :)) :)) :)>-

Guest ladymisono

I haven't watched the episode yet but I have to say I loved the kiss! And looks like I'm the only who feel that way but actually, I loved how it was shot. The angles, the lighting...it leaves us the viewers wanting more. Sure I would have liked to see their faces better but I'm sure we will for their next kiss. I love this feeling, the anticipation of their next kiss because the way this one was shot leave us many things to look forward in their next kiss but still give us some satisfaction. And the more I watch the kiss scene, the more I love the dark lighting. It just looks beautiful. All the screenshots and stills for that scene are just amazing.

I just watched ep 11 subbed. It was good but it was not as epic as ep 10. Something just didn't click - at least for me. LDW is a powerful actor. He gets better w each ep. The pace is sooo fast I hope that it is not because MBCis trying to reduce the number of ep for HK! I feel that a dark cloud is hovering for ep 12. Yikes! Can't wait for ep 12! Nite everyone!!

Guest kiereng

It's been a while since I posted anything here. Been following every body's line of thoughts though. Must say that I could not have agreed more. I was watching ep 11 this morning with my daughter, she said this 'boy, this drama is good.' She is only 17, so when she said that I was hoping that the other teenagers in Korea also found the drama good too and think that LDW is handsome too (she made a point that LDW is good looking when she saw Jae Wan in his boyish kooks). Coz I realize that LDW and LDH's fans mostly might be people in their twenties on wards (I can be wrong here). But I sooo hope that HK would hit the 20% rating like MG. and for that not only ahjumma but teenagers must tune in during the show. Any way, PDnim more love scenes between Jae Wan an Moh Ne are more than welcome. Bring It On!!!

Lol I watched MG when I was ten and I ship them since that drama 8-> so yeah seeing them reunited again in HK is like dreams come truee =))

@orangepuffle‌ Oh yeah I'm 18 this year Lol I thought I am the only teenager in this thread

Hello chinggus!!!

I'm off to bed now! ENJOY WATCHING episode 12 later!!! I'm sure this thread will explode again! I'm gonna guess it will reach 280 pages or more

Goodnight everyone from where I am :D

P.S. saw the ratings...why did it go down? DAMN!!! I have HIGH expectations! I'm hoping midway at least we'll hopefully reach 15%?? WE CAN DO IT right?? Didn't LDH wished for 20%?? COME ON! They need to live up to MG standards before too! I HAVE FAITH!!! :-bd :-bd :-bd

Bosco_96

said: after watching again preview i think we will not have bed sceneit seems that MN lies on the mattress laying on the floor then JW lifts her to put on bed. haizz. I thought that both of them want to enter room to do bed scene after having passionate kiss  

8-X

8 years....... 8 years later and this couple still has fresh and hot chemistry. 8 years later they get to kiss again....... I'm trying not. To. Cry. *sob* Gosh that kiss. I can feel ovaries explode all over the planet..... LDW is such a hot specimen, and LDH is definitely lucky to kiss him! *fantasizes kissing LDW*

heartoppaya said: 8 years....... 8 years later and this couple still has fresh and hot chemistry. 8 years later they get to kiss again....... I'm trying not. To. Cry. *sob* Gosh that kiss. I can feel ovaries explode all over the planet..... LDW is such a hot specimen, and LDH is definitely lucky to kiss him! *fantasizes kissing LDW*

Archived