Discussion Thread | Shippers' Paradise Valentine's Day Contest

melkimx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest me2pick

@babyviolets :)) even from the starts our motivation to get into the event is purely on our love to the couple, winning is out of the question :)) but it's good to see so many couple's shippers participate.it might sound cliche but it's more on the experience. i learned a lot of new things in picture editing which i might never learned if not for the event. and i might be a bit overexcited on discussing the event in the thread :))
since it might be our last round let's keep our best ;)

me2pick said: @babyviolets :)) even from the starts our motivation to get into the event is purely on our love to the couple, winning is out of the question :)) but it's good to see so many couple's shippers participate.it might sound cliche but it's more on the experience. i learned a lot of new things in picture editing which i might never learned if not for the event. and i might be a bit overexcited on discussing the event in the thread :))
since it might be our last round let's keep our best ;) Haha. The same could be said for our ship too! We definitely had a lot of fun and exciting moments when discussing the steps we wanted to take with our entries. Not to mention the moments of panic when we realized we miscalculated deadline. LOL. We also learned a whole lot on photo editing, GIF making, etc. You are right. These are very good experiences.

To minority ships, hwaiting!! :D

me2pick said: @babyviolets :)) even from the starts our motivation to get into the event is purely on our love to the couple, winning is out of the question :)) but it's good to see so many couple's shippers participate.it might sound cliche but it's more on the experience. i learned a lot of new things in picture editing which i might never learned if not for the event. and i might be a bit overexcited on discussing the event in the thread :))

akinahana89 said: me2pick said: @babyviolets :)) even from the starts our motivation to get into the event is purely on our love to the couple, winning is out of the question :)) but it's good to see so many couple's shippers participate.it might sound cliche but it's more on the experience. i learned a lot of new things in picture editing which i might never learned if not for the event. and i might be a bit overexcited on discussing the event in the thread :))

angelangie said: @me2pick @babyviolets @akinahana89 @ChelseaS
Thanks for all the suggestions, we will take it into considerations........and suggestions which we will reviews.....as stated we will inform well ahead of dead lines should any amendments or changes made :)
and here you guys have our thanks for all the works and efforts you all have pour in to make this contest a wonderful experience not only to you all but also to us :) 

Hi @everyone!

Ah, I know how you feel! :)

Nevertheless to say, this is quite a wonderful experience! And Hey! Look at the bright side, we had the chance to introduce our respective couple!

Through this contest we learned something new and gained new friends from other ships.

Brainstorming for our entry was indeed a challenged and fun at the same time.

Did you know that through this our old shipper (those who are not active anymore) got back and supported us?

Anyway, It still feels good that even though the chances of winning is very little through this contest we learned to pour our hearts, fight for the best, and spread the love for our respective couple.

I had the chance to witness and learn about other ships and should I say that some of you definitely attracts and convince my timid shipping heart? Lol great job guys!

And I wanted to Thank you the admins and moderators who made this contest possible! Even though there are a lot of things that needed to be fix, issues or misunderstanding that had happened, its OK since this is a first time for everyone anyway what more important is we had Fun! :)

It's a bittersweet feeling reading everyone's recent posts... like we're already making our goodbye speeches.
Guess I'll throw in my thoughts as well.I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to @melkimx and the mods @angelangie, @LavelyShai for organizing the contest (my first serious ship, and first shipper contest ever!) and answering our many questions and concerns with patience and understanding. You gave us a platform to introduce our couples to everyone else on the forum... and spazz about them outside our respective threads without fear of an Off-Topic feedback! Speaking of Off-Topic feedback, that mis-clicked button also gave me personally, the opportunity to get to know friends from other ships... right @mktb? :) So guess there could always be a silver lining to a negative feedback! :P 
The contest also became a catalyst for bringing shippers, old and new, within our respective ships even closer together. Everyone in the thread was extremely supportive and we all do what we can, whether to provide material for the post, give feedback, or just pass the word to vote. It gave us a renewed sense of purpose and unity within the thread, for which we are extremely happy and grateful about. Though we battled time and coordination issues here and there, it was an incredible experience of teamwork and passion that we would remember for a long long time! I personally also learnt to squint pass the alien code that is HTML in order to try and make sure all my fonts stayed the same - still no idea to this day why it won't do so without HTML edits! :-O

Reading through everyone's posts in Rounds 1 & 2 was an eye-opener, and gave us an insight into why each of us love our respective couples so much, and put our hearts and souls into presenting the best possible post in honour of them. We may not ship the other couples, but we definitely see why you do! Great job everyone!
It has been a great 11 days thus far (really? Was that all? Sometimes it felt like an eternity!) and definitely a wild ride. Thank you all... all the best to our respective couples, and may all our ships have a happy ending!!

SHIPPERS... HWAITING!!

@liddi ah, the off-topic button. Lol

Should I say thanks to my mobile and poor internet connection? If I hadn't misclicked that button then probably I don't have the chance to meet you. :)

And why oh why does it feel were saying goodbye speeches here? Cheer Up guys!

\m/

Geez, to be honest I'm still itching for that "admins pick", that's our only chance. Admin @melkimx and to all @moderators, is it possible to consider our wishes? Have mercy on us. Hehe

mktb said: @liddi ah, the off-topic button. Lol Should I say thanks to my mobile and poor internet connection? If I hadn't misclicked that button then probably I don't have the chance to meet you. :) And why oh why does it feel were saying goodbye speeches here? Cheer Up guys! \m/ Geez, to be honest I'm still itching for that "admins pick", that's our only chance. Admin @melkimx and to all @moderators, is it possible to consider our wishes? Have mercy on us. Hehe

Guest me2pick

:)) true, why does it became like a walk out speeches thread. wonder if someone gonna put all these post "off-topic" :))
@mktb :)) everyone show your puppy eyes :(

Guest sunshineo

mktb said: Hi @everyone! Ah, I know how you feel! :) Nevertheless to say, this is quite a wonderful experience! And Hey! Look at the bright side, we had the chance to introduce our respective couple! Through this contest we learned something new and gained new friends from other ships. Brainstorming for our entry was indeed a challenged and fun at the same time. Did you know that through this our old shipper (those who are not active anymore) got back and supported us? Anyway, It still feels good that even though the chances of winning is very little through this contest we learned to pour our hearts, fight for the best, and spread the love for our respective couple. I had the chance to witness and learn about other ships and should I say that some of you definitely attracts and convince my timid shipping heart? Lol great job guys! And I wanted to Thank you the admins and moderators who made this contest possible! Even though there are a lot of things that needed to be fix, issues or misunderstanding that had happened, its OK since this is a first time for everyone anyway what more important is we had Fun! :)

mktb said: Hi @everyone! Ah, I know how you feel! :) Nevertheless to say, this is quite a wonderful experience! And Hey! Look at the bright side, we had the chance to introduce our respective couple! Through this contest we learned something new and gained new friends from other ships. Brainstorming for our entry was indeed a challenged and fun at the same time. Did you know that through this our old shipper (those who are not active anymore) got back and supported us? Anyway, It still feels good that even though the chances of winning is very little through this contest we learned to pour our hearts, fight for the best, and spread the love for our respective couple. I had the chance to witness and learn about other ships and should I say that some of you definitely attracts and convince my timid shipping heart? Lol great job guys! And I wanted to Thank you the admins and moderators who made this contest possible! Even though there are a lot of things that needed to be fix, issues or misunderstanding that had happened, its OK since this is a first time for everyone anyway what more important is we had Fun! :)

mktb

said: Hi @everyone! Ah, I know how you feel!

:)

Nevertheless to say, this is quite a wonderful experience! And Hey! Look at the bright side, we had the chance to introduce our respective couple! Through this contest we learned something new and gained new friends from other ships. Brainstorming for our entry was indeed a challenged and fun at the same time. Did you know that through this our old shipper (those who are not active anymore) got back and supported us? Anyway, It still feels good that even though the chances of winning is very little through this contest we learned to pour our hearts, fight for the best, and spread the love for our respective couple. I had the chance to witness and learn about other ships and should I say that some of you definitely attracts and convince my timid shipping heart? Lol great job guys! And I wanted to Thank you the admins and moderators who made this contest possible! Even though there are a lot of things that needed to be fix, issues or misunderstanding that had happened, its OK since this is a first time for everyone anyway what more important is we had Fun!

:)

class="western" style="text-align: left; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 10pt; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"The Daramji Dels , Hongki/ Mina shippers have also had a great time doing the contest and I am also one of those people who learned a lot by doing this.  It was great to see all the support we got on our thread and wonderful to see so many talented people both in our ship and on other ships.  No matter how it turns out it was a great experience and I want to thank the people who though it up.  Maybe there will be other event that can bring all the ships together.  Hope so

Hi folks.
First of all, I'm sorry for the wording of my post which seemed to imply that there will be no staff picks. That was never my intention. I can say that the staff, myself included, are very excited to have a chance to be able to reward one of these ships which would otherwise have a difficult time going up against the juggernaut couples. 
I wrote this to someone so I know that at least one ship is up to date, but basically, my ORIGINAL thought process was that the staff pick would be chosen from those who had participated in the first three rounds, and that the final fourth round would be for fan vote only. My reasoning was that if the staff pick(s) had to compete directly against those that were winning based on fan vote alone, they would not stand a chance, and they would need to be judged by different criteria (quality of content vs. fan votes). So it didn't seem to make sense to have them contend with each other in the same pool.
I think that the moderators and I have found a good solution, but it involves turning the top five into the top six. For the final round, there will be two brackets of three ships. The first bracket will be based solely on fan vote. The second bracket will be based solely on staff pick. All in all, there will be two winning teams, one from each bracket (one fan vote, one staff pick).
I think this is a good solution, and I thank you for your flexibility and patience. I've said that we've learned a lot to let us know how to run the contest next year (we hope?), and even with the hiccups, I think we can accomplish our original goal of rewarding the top ships and also letting the general public know about the awesome communities you've built within this forum.
I will update the main post now. 

Archived