Discussion Thread | Shippers' Paradise Valentine's Day Contest

melkimx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @angelangie!Can I just confirm... Round 2 edits are closed, but voting can still continue until 20 Feb 2014, 11 AM KST correct?
Also, is there any finalization yet whether the couples eligible for Round 3 would beTop 3 fan votes + 2 staff picksorTop 5 fan votes + 2 staff picks?

just to clarify -- for round 3, five couples will move onto the next round. we decided against elimination for this round as not enough information was given. 
round 3 will be much clearer in terms of rules, it will be easier, and yes, it will be an elimination round.

liddi said: @melimxSo all couples will advance from Round 2 to Round 3?Thank you very much for the clarification. Yes, just because we didn't provide enough information. Our intent isn't to stretch on the contest for very long, but we feel afraid that some people might say it's unfair to have an elimination round at this stage since the rules were so vague.
Round 2 voting will end on Thursday, 11 AM KST.

Round 3 will begin tomorrow around Thursday, 11 AM KST. It will be an elimination round, and it will be a short essay round. No photos or video will be allowed, but you should get your best writer ready to explain why your couple belongs together and why you ship them -- in 500 words or less!

melkimx

said: Round 3 will begin tomorrow around Thursday, 11 AM KST. It will be an elimination round, and it will be a short essay round. No photos or video will be allowed, but you should get your best writer ready to explain why your couple belongs together and why you ship them -- in 500 words or less!

sorry, just a little suggestion.

wouldn't it be better if the essay part will be on the final round? because then only one person will be involved in it and it feels more like a conclusion.

It would also be more fun and dynamic if the elimination round would involve the entire group, like the current round (round 2). Otherwise, it may leave the thread members with some feelings of regret if they end up getting eliminated without being able to do anything for their entry.

of course, this is just a suggestion, I will follow whatever the contest organizers has decided on.

Thanks so much.

i think it will be better if you can give us a criteria for the contest.. although we joined not because we hope to win, we joined because we wanted to reach out to the respective new followers of Shin Hye and Yong Hwa who only have watched their latest projects but it will be nice if our efforts will be appreciated as a consolation since our members are working hard for the entries to put up in every round. i want to know if the 1st two rounds will have a bearing on the elimination and if yes will it only be based on the number of votes for every entry?

What was that?? i can understand if you have put all the images of every fandom in spoiler but to put ours all in spoilers and allowed other fandom's images is totally a different thing.. this is upsetting! you should have at least allowed our 2 gif files to be visible but no you put it all in spoilers..  i just find it so UNFAIR..

sorry for the outburst but at least allow the two gifs to be visible.

Can i suggest you guys 1 simple thing?May you be more appreciated with other's hard-working project?
Should you, the moderators & the administrators, put other's thinking & feelings 1st and at least try to know how they feel?
Round 2 is about photos & fanart so is it better if YOU dont put all of our photos into spoiler? It is called RESPECT other's work

akazukin02 said:  i want to know if the 1st two rounds will have a bearing on the elimination and if yes will it only be based on the number of votes for every entry?
I am curious about this as well. It would really be such a shame if the third round rests entirely on one person's shoulders and they ended up getting eliminated as a result, thereby diminishing the efforts of the first two rounds when it was entirely a group effort. Right now, I'm just considering the consequences of deciding everyone automatically advances after a group effort in round two, only to face the possibility of eliminations after a single writer from the ship takes wheel in round three.

Dear our lovely mods. im sorry. But may i interrupt for awhile. Can u be objective for this contest. This is shoud be fun. But not fun at all if we find it like a weird contest.

first.

U hold the contest. But didnt give an clear things what we should do. The spesific explanation. Or when time the next round will be opened

second.

Since this is a project where group team are working hard together...can u show us a little respect for what we already do for this contest . U put the rule to post the photo. But why suddenly put in a spoiler??

To be honest im dissapointed with this contest. If u wanna hold a such a contest like this. Should u preparing before .

thanks for your attention .

Warm regard.

Hi guys!

I felt a little guilty with regards of using spoiler tags since I'm the one who suggested it for consideration to those who are using mobile and also for those who have poor internet connection.

I checked the rules to check if there any changes but I didn't find any specifically about putting photos in spoiler tags so I thought there is a misunderstanding here.

The admin acknowledged my suggestion but as far as I remember s /he didn't mandated to use it. (Please refer to page 6). S/he said that it would be better if we use spoiler but she didn't mean to put ALL the contents, use the spoiler tags only IF NEEDED.

I hope you understand guys and please don't be mad at me since Im the root of this issue. Thank you! 

Guest greenfrisbee

I would also like to know why Dooley/YongShin's fan art is entirely in spoilers. You did not specify that any of the images would be in spoilers so what is the reason for it?

Hi Admins, Mods

We really wanted to showcase our beautiful pictures, but we do understand the need to put the content on Spoiler tags. However, just wondering why ALL our pics are under Spoiler tags (same goes with a few others), while there are some whose content are not. Is it possible to show at least one picture (probably the best one) and the rest in spoiler tags? It would generate interest to click on the hidden photos if at least one photo is shown.

Hoping for your consideration.

EDIT:
@LavelyShai Read your post just now. Thanks for the clarification.

@mktb i understand the use of spoiler tags but what i don't understand is that they put all our images in spoilers while the other fandoms were allowed to have at least two images without spoiler tag which i find really unfair to us, Dooley/Yongshin shippers.

@greenfrisbee im sorry that this had happened you have worked hard for all those fan arts that's why i was really upset when i see it all put in spoiler tags.

Now I understand why?

I think it would have been better if you notified us first to avoid outburst and misunderstanding.

Since Round 2 is for fanart and photos, isn't it safer to put the TEXTS (excluding the title) under Spoiler Tags instead of the photos? Just a suggestion. :)

Edit: Put the TEXTS ONLY under spoiler tags excluding the title: Couple Name, Thread URL and the titles of each introduction( ex. "Why Do we Love these Couple?" Etc..)

Archived