Discussion Thread | Shippers' Paradise Valentine's Day Contest

melkimx

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lindas55 said: I am not sure who to address this issue to but some of the people from the Hongki/ Mina  couples thread are a little upset by the off topic button that is on our post in the 2nd round.  Our team as well as members of our thread have worked very hard over the last several day to put up our post and seeing the off topic button as part of our votes saddens us.  Is there a way to have it removed.  Thanks

lindas55 said: I am not sure who to address this issue to but some of the people from the Hongki/ Mina  couples thread are a little upset by the off topic button that is on our post in the 2nd round.  Our team as well as members of our thread have worked very hard over the last several day to put up our post and seeing the off topic button as part of our votes saddens us.  Is there a way to have it removed.  Thanks we ask that people not vote off-topic. the moderators have decided that if there are off-topic votes, we may pursue it individually with the person who marked the thread as off-topic, or even (well, probably not because this would cause trouble) count it as a vote for your team. there's no way to have the button removed without it affecting the entire forum, however. my point is, don't vote off-topic.

81aimee said: is it possible to extend the deadline for one more day Feb 18? the shippers are from different countries and different time zones, and most of us are working... we r having difficulties meeting up in the threads to work on the entry but if we have enough time then it'll be a great help... we joined for the sake of our beloved couple and also to share the works of very talented people but we dont have enough time to prepare... 
if its possible and u will agree on it, please let us know asap. Thank u! we will extend until wednesday, february 19, 11 am kst.

mktb said: @melkinx Hi! We wanted to ask about the staff votes/ picks, may we know about the criteria? And how many participants will you pick? Thank you! staff pick will be subjective and based entirely upon the opinions of myself, the shipping forum moderators, and perhaps some of the other moderators if they are interested in having some input. it will be based 90% on our judgment of the quality of the entries (the graphics, photos, text, and videos), and 10% on our judgment of the cooperation of the fandom (this is not a hard criterion to meet, but if many people in the fandom are voting "off-topic" or trying to sabotage the contest, then we will be less likely to award the title). liddi said: @melkimxCan you please confirm the following requirements for Round 2:1. Is the deadline to edit 17 Feb 2014, 11:59 PM KST ?2. Is the deadline to vote 1 day later, e.g. 18 Feb 2014, 11:59 PM KST ?
3. Is the requirement 5 images, or 5 image files? e.g. if we had a comic strip in 1 image file, would that constitute 1 image, or multiple images?
Appreciate your clarification. Thank you! 1. the deadline is wednesday, february 19, 11 am kst.2. the deadline to vote is exactly one day later.3. five image FILES. same as in round one. i hope this answers the question about the collage too.

thank you for your patience in participating in this contest. it's the first time we ever held such a contest, so i really apologize for the issues with deadlines and requirements -- it's new to me too, so honestly i am figuring out a lot of it as i go along. 
what i will do now is draft a more specific set of rules and write them up so that everyone knows what is going to happen from now on. thanks!

melkimx said: lindas55 said: I am not sure who to address this issue to but some of the people from the Hongki/ Mina  couples thread are a little upset by the off topic button that is on our post in the 2nd round.  Our team as well as members of our thread have worked very hard over the last several day to put up our post and seeing the off topic button as part of our votes saddens us.  Is there a way to have it removed.  Thanks

ngfang said: melkimx said: lindas55 said: I am not sure who to address this issue to but some of the people from the Hongki/ Mina  couples thread are a little upset by the off topic button that is on our post in the 2nd round.  Our team as well as members of our thread have worked very hard over the last several day to put up our post and seeing the off topic button as part of our votes saddens us.  Is there a way to have it removed.  Thanks we ask that people not vote off-topic. the moderators have decided that if there are off-topic votes, we may pursue it individually with the person who marked the thread as off-topic, or even (well, probably not because this would cause trouble) count it as a vote for your team. there's no way to have the button removed without it affecting the entire forum, however. my point is, don't vote off-topic. Awesome if it is counted towards the total vote count. If a person have taken the trouble to vote "off-topic" or "LOL", it means he/she also gone through the trouble of reading the entry, or just being nasty.If a person does not like the couple, he/she should just not vote. This is after all, a contest to "promote" shipping.  my only worry with it is -- if we say it counts toward votes, then what if everyone starts voting off-topic? don't know, just a thought.

@melkimxThank you so much for the clarifications and updates! Appreciate all your hard work in organizing this contest. So has Round 2 been finalized as an Elimination Round? Either way, we are all working hard to present our best entry!
Just a comment about the "Off-Topic" button:
The placement of the button side by side with "Insightful" does sometimes cause problems clicking feedback, especially on mobile devices, because they are so close together.In some cases (giving the benefit of the doubt here), some Off-Topic feedback could possibly be a mis-click for an Insightful feedback.
Perhaps in future, Soompi could consider to move the Off-Topic button next to the "Flag" button, which reduces such issues.Positive feedback on the right, negative feedback on the left.Less chance of mis-clicking?
Just my 2 cents...

Hi @melkimcw thank you for the reply.

There is another concern I wanted to pointed out. I suggest to use "spoiler tags" on the next rounds because some of us are having a hard time loading the page considering that some of us are using mobile with a poor internet connection.

If you notice, with only one entry can consumes that whole thread and it such a burden for other people who wanted to vote but needed to wait forever because their respective couple entry is unfortunately on the last spot of the thread.

mktb said: Hi @melkimcw thank you for the reply. There is another concern I wanted to pointed out. I suggest to use "spoiler tags" on the next rounds because some of us are having a hard time loading the page considering that some of us are using mobile with a poor internet connection. If you notice, with only one entry can consumes that whole thread and it such a burden for other people who wanted to vote but needed to wait forever because their respective couple entry is unfortunately on the last spot of the thread. It's a good point and if people can use the spoiler tags, that would be great.
To tell the truth, Round 2 should have been structured better than this. I didn't anticipate that people would put so many huge files and long blocks of text. However, if I implement rules right now, people may think I'm being unfair. So it would be better to just keep it as is. But if you can use spoiler tags this time, that would be great.

Hi Admins, @melkimx and mods

Was wondering about the fanart. Is it both acceptable to submit original Fanart (made by the team member) and those which are not (lifted from other sources/sites)?

(not sure if this was answered already. Sorry if I missed it!)

ChelseaS said: Hi Admins, @melkimx and mods

Was wondering about the fanart. Is it both acceptable to submit original Fanart (made by the team member) and those which are not (lifted from other sources/sites)?

(not sure if this was answered already. Sorry if I missed it!)
Since the rules were not set early in the round as they should have been, it seems unfair to implement structure during the middle of the round. Therefore any kind of fan art is okay; however, for the staff pick, we would be more likely to give precedence to fan art that has been created by Soompi members (assuming we know who created it).

melkimx said:

81aimee

said: is it possible to extend the deadline for one more day Feb 18? the shippers are from different countries and different time zones, and most of us are working... we r having difficulties meeting up in the threads to work on the entry but if we have enough time then it'll be a great help... we joined for the sake of our beloved couple and also to share the works of very talented people but we dont have enough time to prepare... 

if its possible and u will agree on it, please let us know asap. Thank u!

Archived