Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melkimx

Discussion Thread | Shippers' Paradise Valentine's Day Contest

mi7chimes said: @angelangie
just a doubt, what do u mean by "Original" video? vid of fans own making which mean by your group :)

when you first posted the idea of making one team win on popularity votes and the other on stuff picks, I thought that if we won by votes this round, we will be included in stuff picks in the next one.Since I was positive that this how things would go because if not, the same issue as round 3 will happen in round 4,and alot of people will think it's unfair again,and it would be like you found a solution for one round only, but I guess I was wrong lol.But I don't remember anyone saying that the teams that won by votes will be judged on it the next round,so if a team won by votes,and the other 5 teams compete on stuff picks and one wins it, it isn't really a changing of rules.........no ?please consider it ^:)^
I'm really not aiming for the first place, but when I know that we have no chance on winning since after all competing is what makes a contest even better and more exciting, I don't feel as excited as I felt in the other rounds.since it's my first contest I want to feel like it's really a contest, like I'm really competing but I can't >< if I knew this is how things would go, I would have told people not to vote >:)if not, then oh well what can I say? it has been a fun contest and we will continue to have until the end. :)>-

well are you willing to forgo the votes points then? that will be my very first questions asked....besides think of this.....if yes the first teams won by the votes.....and then the other 2 automatically get to join in on the staff picks? that was like given a second go? how will u feel if you are the other participants then?
if you compare ur voting points against the other picks of ours you will see even a large massive differences....when we choose to put in the staff picks is to level the ground a lil.....as i had mention this is the first times we arrange this kind of event too so it fairly new to us as it is new to you guys unless there some other event that you guy had join before that is similar to this......
to be honest all judging ground will always be unfair one way or the other......if we are to change the judging ground all the times then it will be largely unfair to all those participants that had been eliminated.....and also the one that is currently contesting.........be it base on popularity votes or staff picks there will be times contestants are always feeling that the ground is shaky one way or the other.....and since that we have come this fair into the competition.....i can honestly tell you that we are unable to change the ground again
i have a even smaller group of ppl that came to ask me during the early stage of the competitions....how are they going to win if it is base solely on popularity and not staff picks wasnt decided or confirm yet at that stage.....they were hesitate to join even from the beginning but what i told them is.....lets just join for the fun of it....i wont mention which group it is.....but yes they had to join the eliminations groups and im sorry to see them go as well as all those that had to leave
so my final words here is there is it unless something else regarding the matter of the contest.....i will not answer another questions on judging ground....but you can voice your say and we shall see.....so cheers girls.....get everyone in ur family to vote :) or your friends at works n school lols.....that what we usually do when we go against voting for popularity....and sometimes u might just turn the table.....but no cheating with creating a duplicate a/c as we can detect that.....

Guest me2pick

I have to agree with @angelangie on this. Like i said before, It is impossible to accomodate everyone, if the admins change things for one side, there'd be complaints on the other side and it'll keep going forever, especially at this late stage of the events where lots of shippers had been out in round 3. So the best things to do for now is sticking to the rules that'd been made.
If we tracked back, the concept for the event this time had been a popularity contest since the beginning, the staff picks were merely a consolidation for those in minority which had been going on and off in negotiation between the staff and the minority shippers for a few times, so in the view of the competition the 3 that enter the vote bracket already the top 3 in the competition, and putting the runner-ups in vote brackets in the staffpicks brackets make the staff picks bracket losing it's essence as a consolidation for the minority.
The things that could be done by the admins right now is adjusting the prize/rewards for the winners. I don't really remembers the rewards for the winner though :))maybe all 3 in the votes bracket would get a banner in their thread that says "winner", "1st runner up", and "2nd runner up". while the staff picks bracket winner gets "Honorable mention" or something.

As for votes, it's a matter of gathering masses, spread the words as far as you could on other forums or social media, or others outlet where your fellow shippers usually gathers.
but i never really see this event as a competition though :)) i didn't even called it a competition when i discussed it in our thread, i simply put it as a "valentine event" cause it is an event where we could promote our couple to wider audience, that is already a reward and why we try to make it as catchy as possible to make others actually read our post.

For those that had yet to submit the video please help to do so ASAP, as tomorrow is 6th March and the deadlines is at 11am KST....so any submissions or editing done then will not be accepted.

@angelangieJust to reconfirm - is the deadline 6 Mar 11 AM KST, or 11 PM KST?

liddi

said:

@angelangieJust to reconfirm - is the deadline 6 Mar 11 AM KST, or 11 PM KST?

@liddi sorry it AM
typo error :D

@angelangieAnd for a moment I thought we were given 12 more hours... drats! :))

liddi said: @angelangieAnd for a moment I thought we were given 12 more hours... drats! :))

not likely to happen my dear :P

Too all participants....Thanks for Joining in on the Event.... :) Round 4 had officially been closed off...and any editing is prohibited :)

@angelangieWhat is the voting deadline for Round 4? Is it already over e.g. 7 Mar 2014, 11AM KST?In addition, may I know when the results will be announced?

liddi said: @angelangieWhat is the voting deadline for Round 4? Is it already over e.g. 7 Mar 2014, 11AM KST?In addition, may I know when the results will be announced? @liddi yes the voting is close the results will be announce by @melkimx :)

@angelangieThank you for your verification.Now to make sure my F5 key is still functional for the multiple thread refreshes... :P

Hi everyone,
Thanks for submitting your entries! We have watched the videos, and we will be announcing the winners on Monday.
We appreciate everyone's hard work in creating such engaging entries. Before the contest started, I only felt familiar with a handful of ships and didn't know who the rest were, why they were given a certain nickname, and what made them so appealing together. But now, I can say that I understand a lot more!
We hope to repeat this contest again, and next time we'll have the experience to run things more smoothly and with more structure. We thank everyone for their patience in dealing with the minor issues that occurred. However, I think that even next time, there will be no way to make everyone happy. If it's a contest, then by definition there is no way to level the playing ground for everyone to be on the same footing. Some teams have to come on top. But we decided to put in a pinch of competition because we thought it would make things more interesting, and because we knew that you guys could handle it in the way it was meant to be perceived -- a fun, lighthearted competition that would allow people to get to know your ship. And I'm very pleased to see that we were right about that. The shipping community turned out to be understanding and supportive throughout this contest, and I was happy to have the chance to get to know some people. 
Thank you everyone! Until Monday <3

@melkimxThank you all so much for holding this contest.

It has been exciting, fun, stressful at times, nerve-wrecking (updating the entry post 3 mins before the editing deadline is not something for the faint-hearted!), but most importantly, my ship had the precious opportunity over this past month to come together as a family, discarding egos, and simply pulling our weight where we can, to present posts which would hopefully show everyone why we love our couple so much. What's more, through this really wonderful discussion thread, we also gained friends from other ships, friends whom, without this contest, we might never have gotten to know. And through it all, both you and all the mods have been extremely patient with our many questions, for which we are grateful.
What a wild ride it's been. I believe I speak for my entire ship when I say thank you for an utterly memorable 1 month!

Guest WERTb

The Participants may wonder, when they saw The couple who likely won the valentine contest, but have never-ever seen kissing in public(but probably they have done it quietly, No one know except them right), least of skinSHIPs but, ironically has so many supporters...whereas the other couples looked more romantic with so many kissing scenes and skinship, what exactly is the appeal of this Couple..YongSeo couple....

MYsTERIOUS COUPLEBy GouGUMA

shipper1-800x800.jpg
ship2-800x800.jpg

The winners are announced! I thought it would be more exciting to make the announcement in article format, and plus having an article allows us to spread the word about all the ships that participated in the contest. So here you go!
http://www.soompi.com/2014/03/10/20-lovey-dovey-real-and-imaginary-couples
It was a little difficult to write up the article because I had to condense so much incredibly awesome content, but unfortunately that was the only way I could give a run-down that newcomers will be able to digest. (Hopefully they'll read it and decide to make their way over to join you... let me know if that happens). 

Congratulations to everyone who participated and therefore made the contest that much more awesome! (You're all winners!) The next step is for the staff to work with the two winning teams to coordinate the prizes. We will be in touch with you shortly. Congratulations and thank you again! We'll do this next year and make it even better!

@melkimxOn behalf of the SoGong ship, I would like to express our heartfelt thank yous to you and all the staff for crowning SoGong as Staff Pick winner.We are truly ecstatic, humbled and grateful for the incredible honor.
Reading your beautiful article on all 20 participating couples was a nostalgic trip down memory lane... bringing back fond memories of the month that we spent - the collaborations, discussions, time coordination, the frantic rush to meet deadlines, and last but certainly not least, the rampant abuse of the F5 key in our nail-biting wait for the announcement of Round 3, and ultimately, contest results. Has it really been a month? Feels only like yesterday, when we were all still trying to find our feet in the early days of Round 1.
Once more, thank you for creating this contest, giving all of us shippers a platform to share our love of our couple with the rest of the Soompi community. I can honestly say that this contest is the catalyst for renewed unity, support and camaraderie within our ship, for which we will always be grateful.
Thank you!

Guest minnymoo

Congrats to all the winners and participating couples!

We all had an eye opener to all the content that you guys presented for your couple...

Thank you mods for organizing this contest!

Yeah, the article that only wrote 'Visit JoU now' for us. there's so much to say until they have no space. :)) :)) so, guys make sure you visit us to know further about them. wahahahahaha.
btw, congratulation to all the winner. also for all the participating couple keep up the good work and keep up shipping.  <:-P <:-P <:-P