Quantcast
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

melkimx

Discussion Thread | Shippers' Paradise Valentine's Day Contest

@melkimx
Thank you so much for the clarification and updates pertaining to this contest, specifically for the fourth and final round. It sounds like a great plan that is equal and fair to all the ships participating in the contest. Thank you for always taking our thoughts and opinions into consideration as well. Looking forward to the remainder of round three and all of round four!!

@melkimxThank you very much for your latest updates with regards to the contest.
Can you please clarify some questions:
1. At the end of Round 3, SIX couples will be chosen:

3 based on the top 3 fan votes3 based on staff picks

thanks so much @melkimx for that clarification

did you hear that people? we HAVE A CHANCE!!!weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hey-you-lets-party.jpg

Admin @melkimx thank you so much for the clarification!

@babyviolets too late, I'm already drunk! Partying since last night because I already foreseen about the admins decision regarding with staff pick(s).

Just kidding.. who am I fooling? =))

I'm actually anxious about it, thank God there's still a CHANCE!

Lets Party! \m/

Fighting guys! For our beloved couples! *cheers*

mktb said: Hi @everyone! Ah, I know how you feel! :) Nevertheless to say, this is quite a wonderful experience! And Hey! Look at the bright side, we had the chance to introduce our respective couple! Through this contest we learned something new and gained new friends from other ships. Brainstorming for our entry was indeed a challenged and fun at the same time. Did you know that through this our old shipper (those who are not active anymore) got back and supported us? Anyway, It still feels good that even though the chances of winning is very little through this contest we learned to pour our hearts, fight for the best, and spread the love for our respective couple. I had the chance to witness and learn about other ships and should I say that some of you definitely attracts and convince my timid shipping heart? Lol great job guys! And I wanted to Thank you the admins and moderators who made this contest possible! Even though there are a lot of things that needed to be fix, issues or misunderstanding that had happened, its OK since this is a first time for everyone anyway what more important is we had Fun! :)

@melkimxThank you very much for your latest updates with regards to the contest.
Can you please clarify some questions:
1. At the end of Round 3, SIX couples will be chosen:
    and categorized under these brackets in Round 4
    a. Is my above assumption correct?
    b. Does this mean that if any couple happens to garner top 3 fan votes, they will not be considered under staff picks?
 2. The couples will compete in Round 4 in either fan votes category, or staff picks category.     The outcome of each category will be determined solely by fan votes?
You are correct in everything you said for #1. I got a PM from someone asking whether a team would be allowed to be considered for both, and the answer is no. The point of having these two brackets is to allow more smaller ships to have a chance to win, which they wouldn't be able to do if they are going head to head with some of the major ships.
For #2, only the fan votes category will be decided by fan votes. The staff picks category will be decided by the staff's opinion of the quality of the content. 

@melkimxThank you for the clarifications!The fan votes category will take into consideration votes obtained in Rounds 1 and 2 as well? So the outcome will be determined by the total votes garnered in Rounds 1, 2 & 3?

@mktb

so, this is you right now?

party_toddler_meme_640_13.jpg

=)) =)) =))

ps: mods, please don't kick me out. this is the last time I'm posting nonsense, I swear!

[-O< [-O< [-O

Guest me2pick

@melkimx thanks for the clarification. i agree that the staff pick's bracket should be decided by staff picks till the end, cause obviously it's empasize is on the content, so changing it to vote in the next round would deny it's essence (what am i talking about? :)))the deadline is sunday right? cause our thread is a bit down in these past few days :((

Guest greenfrisbee

@mktb @akazukin02 @babyviolets @mods

Participating in this has still been fun even with the frustrations..I didn't expect this would be a first time experience for the majority of us, including staff. Good luck to you in whatever you are doing at the moment and at least now we know what issues expect and what perspectives to see for the future.

As for our thread, we already knew wouldn't stand a chance at winning by vote when we joined, the core reason we joined is show everyone that there is a couple like ours and that we are always excited to show them in whatever way possible.
While working on this project I became closer to the regulars and we've had newcomers join our thread, which is worth it in the end.

As for the underdogs in the contest, you all have a special place in my heart.

tumblr_lf3hoxLY4A1qesc3io1_500.gif

Hi Admin, Mods,
@melkimx @angelangie

Just wondering about the process in counting of words. Are articles like 'the' and 'a' and prepositions count as one word already?

Their names, too. Do you count it as words?

Hoping for your response. Thanks!

EDIT:
Ok nevermind. We managed to cut the essay. :D

@melkimx @angelangie 
Dear Admins, 

Can we have our HyunMin entry (under this account) deleted from Round 3. we would like to post under a fresh account., if that's possible. Expecting a positive reply soon. 
Ress~

Dear Admin, Mods,

I know that we're on Round 3, but I went back to our previous entries just to check and one of our photos in Round 1 was replaced by the Photobucket logo. Can we change the link to that one so the picture shows and not the Photobucket one? I can send you the link if its okay. Please do let me know. Thank you!

@angelangie thanks for the response, but i guess it was already late. anyways Thank You.
And lemme also take this opportunity to thank you for the chance we all got with this contest. You guys have been great. :)

angelangie said:Edit1: seeing that the times for the contest is submission is ending in another 25mins times im sorry to say i have to reject your entry, as I cannot extend the submission dates.

angelangie said: @CheaseaS give me the link to the picture and also ur post I will amend for u later today when I reached home or if im able to earlier

Round 3 has ended; thank you for your lovely submissions, and many thanks to the wonderful moderators for helping to keep this contest going! 
The delay between the end of this round and the next will take longer than usual because the staff needs to tally the votes and choose the staff pick finalists. Please give us a few days to do that. I hope to get it done by Wednesday, but I can't make promises right now.

Dear Admin, Mods,

I know that we're on Round 3, but I went back to our previous entries just to check and one of our photos in Round 1 was replaced by the Photobucket logo. Can we change the link to that one so the picture shows and not the Photobucket one? I can send you the link if its okay. Please do let me know. Thank you!

Hi mods and admins!

We have the same problem here. I think photobucket has doing some changes and we don't want that to affect the stand of our entry for Staff Pick, that's our only hope! [-O<

Song JoongKi ♥Moon Chaewon

ChaeKi/ Burning Toast Thread

For Round 1:

Picture 2: http://s758.photobucket.com/user/mlenil/media/awardxx_zpsc1a5b7e4.gif.html?t=1392221174

For Round 2:

Picture 1: 915_zpse7506de4.jpg

Picture 4: im-poster1-1_zpsb7c42a36.gif

Thank you! :* :)