♥ Yeo Jin Goo 여진구 ♥

constanciandra

Guest adikkeluangman

Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woo Bin, Lee Joon, Yeo Jin Goo, and Im Si Wan Go Head to Head for Rookie Award at ‘Paeksang Arts Awards’
It’s that time of the year again to celebrate the best of the best in movie and television with the 50th Paeksang Arts Award taking place. 
The nominees for the 50th Paeksang Arts Awards was recently revealed, highlighting the movies, television shows, and acting performances that were noteworthy in 2013 and 2014.85084934.jpg
In the movie category, Kim Soo Hyun, Kim Woo Bin, Yeo Jin Goo, MBLAQ’s Lee Joon, and ZE:A’s Im Si Wan will be competing for the Male Rookie Award
Kim Soo Hyun was also nominated in the Best Actor category for television with Yoo Ah In, Lee Jong Suk, Jo Jae Hyun, and Joo Won. Go Ara, Kim Ji Soo, Kim Hye Soo, Lee bo Young, and Jun Ji Hyun are nominated for Best Actress 
Kim Sung Gyun, B1A4’s Baro, Park Seo Jun, Jung Woo, and Choi Jin Hyuk are nominated for Male Rookie Award for television, while Kyung Soo Jin, Tiny G’s Dohee, Baek Jin Hee, Son Yeo Eun, and Han Groo are up for Female Rookie Award. 
The nominees for best drama are KBS’s Good Doctor, SBS’ I Hear Your Voice, jTBC’s Secret Love Affair, SBS’ You Who Came From the Stars, and tvN’s Reply 1994. 
Face Reader, The Terror Live, The Lawyer, Snow Piercer, and Hope are up for Best Movie. 
The 50th Paeksang Arts Awards will take place on May 27 at the Kyung Hee University Grand Peace Palace. 
You can check all the nominees here.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/64673/nominations-for-paeksang-arts-awards-revealed
-----Article: 'Baeksang' Kim Soo Hyun vs Kim Woo Bin, head to head as rookies

Source:
 OSEN via Naver

Male rookie category:
Lee Joon - 'Rough Play'
Kim Woo Bin - 'Friend 2'-
Im Siwan - 'The Attorney'
Yeo Jin Goo - 'Hwayi'
Kim Soo Hyun - 'Secretly, Greatly'

1. [+642, -56] Shouldn't it go to Yeo Jin Goo? Kim Soo Hyun and Kim Woo Bin are both good but... Yeo Jin Goo really led the movie in 'Hwayi'.
2. [+392, -69] Kim Woo Bin's not a bad actor but I don't find him on the same level as Kim Soo Hyun. Kim Soo Hyun already has so many huge, high viewer rating works, I was rather surprised he was put in the rookie category. 
3. [+353, -68] I think it'll go to Kim Soo Hyun considering the influence of his works ㅎㅎ
4. [+51, -19] Wasn't Yeo Jin Goo better than those two in 'Hwayi'...? He was not overshadowed at all by Kim Yoon Suk.
5. [+34, -14] In the movie scene, Kim Soo Hyun is a rookie. He led the movie in 'Secretly, Greatly' and even made it a box office hit so the award will go to him. 
6. [+32, -18] Kim Soo Hyun is way ahead of Kim Woo Bin, there is a huge level gap;;; ㅋㅋㅋ
7. [+27, -13] Anyone who's seen 'The Attorney' will agree with me that Im Siwan's acting was great...
8. [+26, -10] My vote goes to Kim Soo Hyun...

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2014/04/male-rookie-nominees-for-baeksang-arts.html

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

April 28, 2014
Nominees announced for Baeksang Arts Awards by javabeans http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/04/nominees-announced-for-baeksang-arts-awards/
The nominees for the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards, whose ceremony will be held on May 27.

50_baeksang_actor_new.jpg
FILM CATEGORY

Best Picture Nominees
The Snowpiercer (dir. Bong Joon-ho)The Terror Live (dir. Kim Byung-woo)Hope (dir. Lee Jun-ik)The Attorney (dir. Yang Woo-seok)The Face Reader (dir. Han Jae-rim)
Director Award Nominees
Kim Byung-woo (The Terror Live)Hong Sang-soo (Our Sunhi)Jo Eui-seok (Cold Eyes)Bong Joon-ho (The Snowpiercer)Kim Byung-seo (Cold Eyes)Lee Jun-ik (Hope)
Actor Top Excellence Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Sohn Hyun-joo (Hide and Seek)
Actress Top Excellence Award Nominees
Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Kim Hee-ae (Elegant Lie)Eom Ji-won (Hope)Moon Jung-hee (Hide and Seek)
Supporting Actor Award Nominees
Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Eui-sung (The Face Reader)Jo Sung-ha (The Suspect)Lee Kyung-young (Venus Talk)Kwak Do-won (The Attorney)
Supporting Actress Award Nominees
Yeh Ji-won (Our Sunhi)Kim Young-ae (The Attorney)Jin Kyung (Cold Eyes)Ra Mi-ran (Hope)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)
New Actor Award Nominees
Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)
New Actress Award Nominees
Park Ji-soo (Mai Ratima)Lee Jae-hye (The Russian Novel)Seo Joo-ah (Pluto)Kim Hyang-gi (Elegant Lie)Lee Re (Hope)
New Director Award Nominees
Ha Jung-woo (Roller Coaster)Eom Tae-hwa (INGtoogi: The Battle of Surpluses)Heo Jung (Hide and Seek)Lee Jong-pil (Born To Sing)Yang Woo-seok (The Attorney)
Screenplay Award Nominees
Hide and Seek, Heo JungMiss Granny, Shin Dong-ikThe Terror Live, Kim Byung-wooThe Attorney, Yang Woo-seokHope, Kim Ji-hye
Actor Popularity Award
Ha Jung-woo (The Terror Live)Yeo Jin-gu (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Jung-jae (The Face Reader)Kim Soo-hyun (Covertly, Grandly)Im Shi-wan (The Attorney)Gong Yoo (The Suspect)Lee Joon (Rough Play)Yoo Ah-in (Kkangchulie)Sung Joon (Pluto)Jin Young (Miss Granny)Seo In-gook (No Breathing)Jo Jung-seok (The Face Reader)Kim Woo-bin (Friend 2)Jung Kyung-ho (Roller Coaster)Kim Sung-kyun (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Lee Hyun-woo (Covertly, Grandly)Go Soo (Way Back Home)Lee Jong-seok (Hot Blooded Youth)Lee Min-ki (Monster)Ok Taecyeon (Marriage Blue)Hwang Jung-min (When a Man Loves)Song Kang-ho (The Attorney)Choi Seung-hyun (TOP) (Commitment)Sol Kyung-gu (Hope)Joo-won (Catch Me)Kim Yoon-seok (Hwa-yi: A Monster Boy)Jung Woo-sung (Cold Eyes)
Actress Popularity Award
Shim Eun-kyung (Miss Granny)Park Bo-young (Hot Blooded Youth)Kim Ah-joong (Catch Me)Kwon Yuri (No Breathing)Go Ah-sung (The Snowpiercer)Jeon Do-yeon (Way Back Home)Uhm Jung-hwa (Venus Talk)Sohn Ye-jin (Accomplice)Kim Hye-soo (The Face Reader)Kim Go-eun (Monster)Gong Hyo-jin (Boomerang Family)Han Hyo-joo (Cold Eyes)Lee Yeon-hee (Marriage Blue)
Via Baeksang

50_baeksang_actor_pop1.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo Wants To Be Matched Up with Go Hyun Jung for His Next Project 
Yeo-Jin-Goo-on-TV-Entertainment-News.jpg

Korea’s “little brother” actor Yeo Jin Goo revealed that he wants to act with actress Go Hyun Jung on the MBC program “Section TV Entertainment News” that aired on May 4. He further continued, “I think it would be a great opportunity to act with her on a historical drama.” 
When asked what his secret was in capturing the hearts of older women, Yeo Jin Goo jokingly replied, “(Though I am still young) I think they want to feel protected by me.” 
Yeo Jin Goo was recently appointed to be a honorary ambassador for the Vietnamese Film Festival and fans can see more of him this year through his movie “Mr. Perfect.” In addition, Yeo Jin Goo has been nominated for the award of Best New Actor at the 50th Baeksang Arts Awards that will take place this month.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/05/04/yeo-jin-goo-wants-to-be-matched-up-with-go-hyun-jung-for-his-next-project/#.U2b_kK2Sxc9

This is his second time mentioned Ms. Go. Come on PD. Let's granted this kid wish ok. A drama is good too. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo Had an Unforgettable Time Filming ‘Potato Star’
With only one more episode left to air, Yeo Jin Goo shared his thoughts on ending Potato Star 2013QR3.
Yeo Jin Goo acted as a genius boy ‘Hong Hye Sung,’ who is also the lost son of the Noh family, ‘Noh Joon Hyuk’ in tvN’s sitcomPotato Star 2013QR3.
As he wrapped up filming the last episode, Yeo Jin Goo said, “I want to thank the viewers for being with us for all this time. I still remember the first day of filming. I couldn’t even imagine when this 120 episode long Potato Star would end at that time, but I’m sad to think that this is the last episode.”65871002.jpg
He also added, “This was my first time acting as an adult so there were many things I had to act out for the first time but I was able to pull off acting as ‘Hye Sung’ by discussing with the director each time and getting advices. It is a project that I will never be able to forget.”
As another project of director Kim Byung Wook and the staff members of the ‘High Kick’ series, Potato Star 2013QR3 will be airing the final episode on May 15.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/65871/yeojingoo-talks-about-wrapping-up-potato-star

But he got movies to do. It will be another long time before we can see you again on TV.

May 18, 2014
[interview] Yeo Jin Goo Says He Has Yet to Experience First Love.Newsen Jeon Ah Ram  Translation Credit : Yeawon Jung

Yeo Jin Goo, who turned 18 years old this year and entered his junior year of high school, confessed that he has no dating experience.
Debuting through movie Sad Movie in 2005, Yeo Jin Goo shared his thoughts about his nine-year acting career, his school and dating life during a recent interview with Newsen.
Praised for his ‘monstrous acting ability,’ Yeo Jin Goo has been keeping himself busy filming a drama and a movie. He has especially been spending most of his days in Jeolla province to film movie Shoot My Heart, which led to absences from school. Wouldn’t Yeo Jin Goo, who is only 18 years old, envy others his age who spend time studying and hanging out at school?.65975002.jpg
Yeo Jin Goo said, “I can’t go to school when I’m working on a project. But I like going to school a lot. Whenever I’m not working on a project, I go to school. But I can’t say that I envy my school friends, because I’m also doing something I like. I do want to make more memories, however, by going to workshops or school more often.”
It has already been almost ten years since he debuted. How does he feel about his acting career so far?
“I think this is just the beginning. I’ve worked on many projects, but it was only in 2010, when I was filming Giant, that I actually discussed my character with the director. Before that I only did what I was told to do, but during filming, Giant I talked to the director a lot and felt real joy in acting. Acting is still fun and I’m thankful to my parents and the affiliates who’ve helped me to do what I enjoy and like.”
65975003.jpg

Yeo Jin Goo seems mature but he is only 18 years old. He is at an age where he is interested in the opposite gender and dating.
He said, “I wonder what it feels like to date but I’ve never had a girlfriend. Of course, I’ve liked someone before, but when I think of first love, it involves a great emotion. I think of it as something big and beautiful and the feeling that makes you think of flower petals falling in the air when you close your eyes. I’ve never had that experience yet.”
About his ideal type, Yeo Jin Goo said, “I tend to be shy and brusque so I like someone who smiles a lot and has aegyo.”
Yeo Jin Goo recently acted in tvN’s Potato Star 2013QR3, which ended on May 15, and is currently filming Shoot My Heart.
Photo credit: Newsen

Pics of Yeo Jin Goo from his recent Interviews | Rough Translationcredit as tagged from Media Portals
YJG: I am a Big Bang fan, I wanna meet them once
201405161615513410_1.jpg
credit http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201405161615513410

I want to challenge Infinity challeng201405161614113410_1.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201405161614113410

Ideal woman? Smiling, charming woman201405161614333410_1.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201405161614333410

Ha Yeon Seo is older by 7 tears but was she told him to lower the honorifics201405151441283410_1.jpg
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201405151441283410

Guest adikkeluangman

So he finished the sitcom and currently filming his movie. What's next, Jingoo-ah. As much as I greedy want to see him in drama. I want him to be in high school especially on his final year. When reading young idols regret that spent less time in high school made me sad. I hope he will not feel the same too because school time is the best time of your life.
Is he going to the normal school or the art school that idols go?

Yeo Jin Goo Becomes New Face of ‘It’s SKIN’s53tpzt0oxhbegsknuik0gzawfophuy1.jpg
[by Chloe Yun] Actor Yeo Jin Goo took over the face of ‘It’s SKIN’ from Kim Soo Hyun. 
Yeo Jin Goo has been dominating the love of nunas (older women) since appearing in MBC's mega hit TV series ‘Moon that Embraces the Sun’ as Kim Soo Hyun’s child role. 
Growing up into a nice, handsome man, he has recently become more than a child actor; he is establishing himself as an irreplaceable actor through various films and TV series. 
As a model of Korean cosmetic brand, Yeo Jin Goo will introduce the brand’s products and beauty trends to female customers from all around the world through various promotions and events. (photo by Its’ SKIN) 

Guest adikkeluangman

"Hwayi: A Monster Boy" will be remade into an American film as a joint production.
On the 18th of May, Lee Jundong, CEO of the production company “Now Films”, met with American film producer Frida Torresblanco in France, Cannes to discuss the process of remaking an American version of the Korean film, “Hwayi: A Monster Boy”.
After the conference held between the two, it was decided that not all of the publication rights would be handed over to the American production company, but instead, Now Films will also take part in the production, making it a joint production.
Several Korean films have been remade by American production companies in the past, such as “Old Boy”, “Into The Mirror” and “The Lake House”, however they did not receive high ratings and were criticized for lacking the degree of completion.
Currently, they have established a limited liability company for the joint production of this remake, and are planning for the funding of the film and potential partners and cast.
http://blog.koreaboo.com/post/86203995113/hwayi-a-monster-boy-will-be-remade-in-to-an-american

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo reveals he still doesn't have a girlfriend
SBS' 'One Night of TV Entertainment' broadcast their adorable coverage of young actor Yeo Jin Goo pretending to pounce on him on a secret date in the park, which was actually him with a female model for a cosmetics CF.
When the reporter dressed as paparazzi jumped out, Yeo Jin Goo showed his manly side by shielding his "girlfriend" and grabbing her to pull her away from the onslaught of questions. When asked how long they've been going out, he said jokingly with a wince, "Not long... it hasn't been a few hours..."
In the interview, he revealed that he never had a girlfriend, but if he were to date, he'd want to go to the amusement park, movies, and theater with her. When asked about his thoughts on a first kiss, Yeo Jin Goo said, "A dream?"

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/05/yeo-jin-goo-reveals-he-still-doesnt-have-a-girlfriendWhy I can't view the video. Hetchu SBS.

Crime thriller Hwayi to get a Hollywood remake
hwayi_14.jpg

by javabeans | May 24, 2014

Another Chungmuro property has been snapped up for a Hollywood remake, and this time it’s the dark thriller Hwayi: Boy Who Swallowed a Monster (also called A Monster Boy), which stars Yeo Jin-gu as a youngster raised by a group of criminals.

read full: http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/05/crime-thriller-hwayi-to-get-a-hollywood-remake/

class="titleNews" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 10px; font-family: arial, dotum, Helvetica, AppleGothic, tahoma, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 23px; line-height: 28px; border-bottom-width: 3px; border-bottom-style: solid; border-bottom-color: rgb(80, 80, 80); color: rgb(68, 68, 68); background: rgb(255, 255, 255);"[interview] Yeo Jin Goo Speaks on Filming Kiss Scene with Ha Yeon SooYeo Jin Goo shared thoughts on filming a kiss scene with Ha Yeon Soo. 

Having turned 18 this year, Yeo Jin Goo acted opposite Ha Yeon Soo, who is seven years older than him, on tvN’s sitcom Potato Star 2013QR3. The two acted as a same age couple in the sitcom. 

In a recent interview with Newsen, Yeo Jin Goo shared thoughts on filming a kiss scene with Ha Yeon Soo.

He said, “I was actually concerned about it. I wasn’t feeling pressured because it was a kiss scene but because I needed to express my character well, who has complex emotions.”
66309002.jpg
A kiss scene can involve loving emotions or sad emotions depending on the situation so I decided to express the feeling and just think of it as acting,” added Yeo Jin Goo. 

When asked how many NGs there were, Yeo Jin Goo answered, “Not too many times but we did film it several times since it has to look pretty and the emotions have to be expressed well too. I think I was able to film comfortably because she is older. Yeon Soo nuna told me she was sorry but I was comfortable. It was okay since it’s just acting.”
66309003.jpg
Yeo Jin Goo and Ha Yeon Soo had more and more date scenes towards the later episodes of Potato Star 2013QR3

Did Yeo Jin Goo’s heart flutter when he faced Ha Yeon Soo, who acted as a couple with him for the past eight months?

Yeo Jin Goo said, “I think you need a little bit of that. If you don’t feel anything, then you can’t really act it out well. I thought it’s important to feel the emotions that my character was feeling so my heart definitely fluttered.”

Photo credit: tvN
Credit Mwave ENewsWorld | May 26 2014

Guest adikkeluangman

Since I don't watch Hwayi, my reaction is invalid but if Korean production is really involved than it is good thing. The sitcom thing remind me that he need to be in another drama soon. Maybe we will hear good think then.
By the way, he will attend Baeksang Awards tomorrow. Finger cross and all the best. :)

Guest adikkeluangman

Baek Ji Young Unveils Identity of Old Man in ‘Still in Love’ MV
After pumping up the anticipation for the grand reveal of the elderly man in the video, Baek Ji Young finally released the music video for Still In Love. 
The music video was released on May 26 at noon (KST), playing out a sad love story of an old man, who remembers his past. 35594621.jpg
When the teaser came out a week earlier, Baek Ji Young’s company said the identity of the elderly man was a surprise, making netizens try to guess who it could be. The man turned out to be none other than Yeo Jin Goo, throwing away guesses that he was Hyun Bin or Baek Ji Young herself. 
Also featured in the music video was Bestie’s Hye Ryung, who acted as the woman that Yeo Jin Goo loved.
“Yeo Jin Goo, not only had a special makeover for the elderly role, but he impressed everyone with his acting, including the way he walked, his shaking hand, and other little details,” said WS Entertainment. “Due to the high quality performance by Yeo Jin Goo, some staff members on set even teared up” 
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/66781/baekjiyoung-releases-mv

Teaser 

MV

Support message from Yeo Jin Goo

But he is Yeo Jin Goo. How come no headline news for this... 

May 28, 2014
HWAYI Remake Takes Shape in CannesNow Film to Co-Produce English Redo by Pierce Conran KOFIC

wnThjQCIkLJdxYFNdeDg.jpg
Showbox/Mediaplex’s 2013 thriller Hwayi: A Monster Boy, the long-awaited comeback of Save the Green Planet (2003) director JANG Joon-hwan, is gearing up for an English language remake following its release late last year. Now Film, the production company behind the Korean original, will participate in the US update along with Pan’s Labyrinth (2006) producer Frida Torresblanco. Plans were set in motion during the Cannes Film Festival, which wound to a close on May 25th. Hwayi producer LEE Jun-dong opted to take part in the redo rather than sell the film’s rights, citing concerns over the creative direction recent Hollywood updates of Korean films have taken. Before diving into the particulars of the new project, Now Film will set up a Limited Liability Company in North America. The co-production format for the Hwayi remake will resemble the model used for the US version of Bong Joon Ho’s The Host (2006), though that project has had no new updates since 2008. YEO Jin-gu stars as a teenager who was adopted by a group of criminals at an early age and begins to learn the tricks of the trade. KIM Yun-seok plays the gang’s leader. Hwayi: A Monster Boy was a solid performer at the Korean box office after accruing almost 2.4 million admissions last fall.

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo at Baeksang Art Awards yesterday. He didn't win for his category. First a bit sad, then I remember he already won the same categories for Blue Dragon Awards that it's OK.  
Yeo Jin Goo1401206360_704803.jpg
1401187091_704605.jpg
b5447b43ea788cb0f76a56e8d322bd0f.jpg

Archived