♥ Yeo Jin Goo 여진구 ♥

constanciandra

❝I want everyone to think, if it wasn't Yeo Jin Goo, who else  could've acted that?❞

- YEO JIN GOO

CNJRz3JVEAE4FIT.jpg

Date of Birth: August 13, 1997

Blood Type : O

Height : 182 cm
Skills & Hobbies : swimming, soccer, horseback riding, guitar and drums

Education: Chung-Ang University - Department of Theatre and Film (present)

Years active: 2005 - present 

MOVIE (AS A LEADING MAN)

2017 [1987] – Park Jong-chul Role

2017 [The Proxy Soldiers] – Gwang-Hae Role

2015 [The Long Way Home] – Young-Gwang Role

2015 [Shoot me in the heart] – Su-Myeong Role

2014 [Eugye, Eight days of the festival 3D] – Narration

2013 [Hwayi :  A monster boy] – Hwayi Role

DRAMA (AS A LEADING MAN)

2019 tvN [Hotel Del Luna] – Koo Chan-sung 

2019 tvN [The man who became King] – Lee-heon / Ha-seon

2018 SBS [Absolute Boyfriend] – Zero Nine 

2017 SBS [Into the New World ] – Seong Hae-seong 

2017 tvN [Circle] – Kim Woo-jin 

2016 SBS [The Royal Gambler] – Young-Jo 

2015 KBS2 [Orange Marmalade] – Jung Jae-min 

2013 tvN [The Potato star 2013QR3] – Hong Hye-sung 

CF

2019 NEXON [Dungeon and fighter]

2018 HI-MART

2015 CONVERSE

2014 IT’S SKIN

2013 Samsonite [High Sierra]

BROADCASTING

2018 tvN [Four Wheeled Restaurant]

2016 tvN Asia [Giving from Jingoo Oppa]

2012 QTV [I’m Real Yeo Jin Goo in Italy]

MUSIC VIDEO

2014 Baek Ji Young – [Still in love]

2014 Seungri – [Talk About Love]

2012 K.Will – [I need you]

AWARDS (AS A LEADING MAN)

2016 SBS Drama Awards [Excellence Award]

2015 KBS Drama Awards [New Actor of the year]

2015 The 4th Maire Claire Film Festival [Rookie Awards]

2014 The 6th Pierson Movie Festival [Trend Choice of Best Actor]

2014 The 14th Korea Youth Film Festival [Best New Actor]

2014 Director’s Cut Awards [New Actor of the year]

2014 The 5th Year’s Film Awards of KOREA [Best New Actor]

2013 The 34th Blue Dragon Awards [Best New Actor]

2013 The 33th Awards of The Korean Film Critics Association [Best New Actor]

2013 The 21th Korea Culture Entertainment Awards [Best Movie New Actor]

2013 The 28th Korea Best Dresser Swan Awards [The Rising Star]

2013 Style Icon Awards 2013 [Style Icon]

HONORARY AMBASSADOR (AS A LEADING MAN)

2014 Honorary Ambassador for the Nanumium
2014 Honorary Ambassador for the Seoul International Youth Film Festival
2014 Honorary Ambassador for the Vietnamese Film Festival
2013 Honorary Ambassador for Stop! School Violence
2012 Honorary Ambassador for the Prevention of Child Abuse
2010 Honorary Ambassador for Unification Education Youth

OFFICIAL LINKS

Official Website | FacebookYouTube | Twitter | Cafe Daum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

Let's go back through memories lane.
DRAMA2008 - Iljimae34a9.jpg
2008 - Tazzaiheo.jpg
2008 - Le Grand Chefbkbg.jpg
2009 - Ja Myung Gov9mn.jpg
2009 - Swallow The Sunb0m4.jpg
2010 - The Reputable Familyoceh.jpg
2010 - Giantb5fy.jpg
2011 - The Warrior Baek Dong Soobxn4.jpg
2011 - The Deep Rooted Treeidlo.jpg
2012 - The Moon Embracing The Sun9kyt.jpg
2012 I Miss Youwtbg.jpg

2013 The Potato Starj9t2.jpg
MOVIE 2005 - Sad Movie
wfa0.jpg
2013 - Hwayi: A Monster Boyrcnd.jpg

Thanks n'war for the Yeo Jin Goo thread! Finally! It's been long overdue for this awesomely talented young actor.. still so young but getting to be so good. We can't even imagine just how far he would go. I was endlessly mulling about starting a thread but forever shorthandedness, can't help but hope someone would really start a thread for YJG. Seriously, the forum really needs this thread. ^^
So, thanks so much.. I'd love to share & post some YJG articles in due time. So, really appreciate the thread, like.. finally! thumbup.gif

201401282342091110_1.jpg

Guest adikkeluangman

Every time I look at him, he like growing up so fast. I literally watching him (and all those kid actors) growing up.
Actress Ha Yeon Soo and Actor Yeo Jin Goo Are Still Playful Off-Screen
Several pictures for “Gu Soo” couple’s actress Ha Yeon Soo and actor Yeo Jin Goo from tvN sitcom “Potato Star 2013QR3” has been revealed. 
On February 11, Ha Yeon Soo and Yeo Jin Goo’s behind scene photographs were revealed. The photos show Yeo Jin Goo adoringly and playfully staring at Ha Yeon Soo. Although the  bitter cold weather was not in their favor, Ha Yeon Soo did not lose her bright smile. According to the staff, the two joked around during filming. Ha Yeon Soo even playfully punched Yeo Jin Goo, making the staff laugh out loud. 
Ha-Yeon-Soo-and-Yeo-Jin-Goo.png

Ha Yeon Soo plays the role of Na Jin A in “Potato Star.”  Yeo Jin Goo plays the role of Hong Hye Sung. Both character shared a sweet and romantic kiss when they heard that a comet “Potato Star” was going to hit earth. Although, they have shared a kiss, they still remained friends who joke around with one another.
“Potato Star 2013QR3” is on every Monday to Thursday at 8:50 PM.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/02/13/actress-ha-yeon-soo-and-actor-yeo-jin-goo-are-still-playful-off-screen/#.Uv0kBpEk_wI

Yeo Jin-goo, "I want to try a psycho killer role"

Source | 2014/02/06 | 428 views | Permalink | 1 Comment

photo399232.jpg

Yeo Jin-goo had a photo collection with bnt.

Yeo Jin-goo pulled off a slim-fit, dandy-looking grey suit with a classic white shirt. He matched a unique burgundy neck tie to go along with them and displayed modernism and formality to his style.

In the interview that followed, Yeo Jin-goo said he would like to be a deep-rooted actor. He wants to play a role like the psycho killer in "The Chaser" like Ha Jeong-woo.

He said, "I also want to try a sports movie if I have the chance. A movie about soccer, basketball or baseball".

Source : enews24.interest.me/n...

http://www.hancinema.net/yeo-jin-goo-i-want-to-try-a-psycho-killer-role-65751.html

class="entry-title"[1st Look Vol.54] Yeo Jin Goo – Giant Boy – Interview 1sunnylady / January 29, 2014

Yeo Jin Gu - First Look

October 2013

Which star does this young boy come from? Wherever that is, that boy who is now 17 speaks keen affection through his eyes, what is so special and captivating about his voice that can fill any space? When he was Prince Hwon in MBC drama “The Moon That Embraces The Sun”, when he was Jung Woo suffering from a toxic first love in “Missing You”, he wasn’t a kid actor that would disappear off stage after playing the younger version of other actors. He was an actor who, even when himself no longer appeared, cast the shadow of Yeo Jin Goo on his characters for a long time. Then, proving his strength, the movie “Hwayi” sets the beginning for Yeo Jing Goo. Like a flower blooming among the evil, this beautiful boy becomes the movie’s biggest virtue supporting the entire plot. He’s an high school student who has yet to live his first love, always enjoys gaming talks with his friends and just like that became our cover boy. His solid growth was led by tvN’s drama “Potato Star 2013QR13. I met Yeo Jin Goo on the first day of broadcast where he finally takes on an adult role you would have never guessed as he plays as a programmer.

Before the first broadcast of “Potato Star”, pictures of a kissing scene became quite an issue.

That was slightly embarrassing, but… fortunately, the scene was prettily filmed. I think a lot of people might be confused because I’m still young. (laugh)

You said you’d like to try an adult role when you become a high school student. This is a strong way to start.

(laugh) Yes. I thought I’d be okay with it, but when it actually happened, I was more nervous than I thought I would be. That’s why I think this become a more valuable experience. No matter how I look at it, I think playing a child and playing an adult are two different things. I thought I needed to show a bit more maturity in my acting, so I talked a lot with director Kim Byung Wook. It was lucky for me that my appearance wasn’t a big problem, though. (laugh)

In “Potato Star”, Hong Hye Sung is a programmer who dreams of being the Korean Mark Zuckerbeg, right?

Right. He’s a character with a veil of mystery. When he seems to know something, he doesn’t. He gives off this familiar yet distant vibe at the same time? He’s confident, he can also joke around. He’s a strong character who uses a lot of irony when he speaks. The director asked me if I could play showing this brazen side of me while showing also the “oppa” side. It was my first time trying to do it, so I did have a bit of a hard time. I had never tried brazen characters before. Because my voice also turned out like this… (laugh)

You have a very low and solemn voice, so whatever you say sound quite serious.

This actually makes me uncomfortable when I act. What’s most important than anything is to deliver the lines, but my voice is naturally low, so I’m worried sometimes that the viewers’ attention goes to my voice instead of the meaning behind the dialogues that my voice might bury. That’s why I slightly take a tone higher than my usual range when I say my lines.

Through director Kim Byung Wook’s work, young actors got to show a lot of growth and received a lot of love. You must have had this kind of expectation.

More than that, I was even happier because I’m fan of him. I’m a hardcore fan. Of course, I watched the “High Kick” franchise and I also watched “Soonpoong Clinic”. “Soonpoong Clinic” aired for the first time in 1998. I was born in 1997. (laugh) Of course I was a baby, so I couldn’t watch it back then, but I dipped into this show through a cable channel later on. Since that time I’ve always thought I wanted to try to do a sitcom. It happened finally with “Potato Star”, so I’m quite happy. I really have this impression that the script is perfect too, so it’s fun. The director always gave me precise directions when we were on set, so I was able to have a good grasp of my character without much trouble.

Until now, you had played with your peers, your counterpart this time is Ha Yeon Soo who is 7 years older than you.

It’s a bit different from playing with actors younger than me. Before, since I was acting with kids younger than me, I had a sense of responsibility. I felt like I had to lead them. Baby aside, I’m the youngest on the set this time around. Since I’m working with my hyungs and nunas, it’s just great and always fun. It happens often that I have to film all night with Yeon Soo-nuna. She’s always smiling and it just brings good energy. I’m also close with Kyun Pyo-hyung. I’m getting closer with Jang Ki Ha-sunbaenim. And I also like Julien-hyung a lot. I was very surprised when I saw him. I realized that there’s a bridge to my heart. (laugh) I’m a bit shy around strangers, so I’m so thankful for all of them taking the first step.

You’ve been acting since you were young, so you were probably not unfamiliar with a set with many actors like for a sitcom.

In fact, I’m kind of distressed because of the camera. (laugh) For movies and dramas, they use big cameras and even if they put it right in front of my nose, I don’t feel nervous, but whenever it’s a making-of camera or a photoshoot, they use a small camera and I get very nervous when they come close to my face. I can’t do selcas even to save my life. I have big hands, so I can’t touch the button when I hold my cell phone. I find it amazing when people take great selcas. They take pretty pictures. When I try to take one, I keep shaking and the picture always comes out weird.

READ REST OF THE INTERVIEW HERE

source: http://www.thesunnytown.com/2014/01/29/1st-look-vol-54-yeo-jin-goo-giant-boy-interview/

10Asia interview - 2012

Part1
http://www.tenasia.com/archives/10395

Part2
http://www.tenasia.com/archives/10396

10Asia interview - 2010

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/10396

PS. I thank you as well, for creating this thread. At first I thought this is a duplicate, there's no way there isn't one already...and there wasn't. 8-X

February 16, 2014
Yeo Jin Goo "girl group I like? I like G-Dragon"
Source: Innolife Korea

8648_1.jpg On this day’s episode, Yeo Jin-Goo was asked, “do you have a girl group you like?” He answered, “I like Girls Generation, 2NE1 and MissA.” But he also added, “I actually like Bigbang. I especially like G-Dragon.” On the flash mail he sent to G-Dragon, he said, “G-Dragon, I don’t know when we will meet, but I want to be close with you.” [picture= MBC 'Section TV Entertainment Communication' capture]

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo Opens Up About Being Mistaken as an Older Person due to His Mature Looks
Actor Yeo Jin Goo recently shared what he truly thinks about being called a “87′ born”
yeo-jin-goo-353x900.jpg

On February 16, the rising star appeared on MBC’s “Section TV Entertainment Relay.” As the interviewers went through his profile, his nickname caught everyone’s eye.
Yeo Jin Goo could not help but laugh a little as he heard his nickname “87′ born.” He confessed, “I am a 97′ born. [being told that I am] over ten years older feels a bit wrong.” The star’s birthday is August 13, 1997.
He continues ”But honestly, I don’t think I have a baby face. Even my voice is low, so people seem to think so because of that. I don’t hate being told that I look old. Also, I will probably be called a baby face later on.”
http://www.soompi.com/2014/02/16/yeo-jin-goo-opens-up-about-being-mistaken-as-an-older-person-due-to-his-mature-looks/#.UwHwFWL6Pi9

I bet that other kid/teen actors that still had the baby face look feel envious towards him j/k. :P

February 17, 2014
Yeo Jin Gu selects G-Dragon as his most favorite idol Source: STARN News 20140216164630_53006cd690b30_1.jpg

Yeo Jin Gu claimed himself as a huge fan of G-Dragon.
Yeo Jin Gu appeared on February 16th broadcast of MBC 'Section TV' for an interview, and as the reporter asked him if there is any particular girl group that he likes, he replied, "I like Girls' Generation, miss A, and 2NE1."
Then, Yeo Jin Gu shyly said, "To be honest, my most favorite idol group is BigBang," and "I really love G-Dragon."
The reporter asked to speak a short message for G-Dragon at the camera, and Yeo Jin Gu said, "I don't know when I will get a chance, but I really do want to meet you, and become good friends with you."
/Reporting by Jeong Ju-Ri en@starnnews.com

Guest adikkeluangman

“Potato Star” Couple Yeo Jin Goo and Ha Yeon Soo Go Clubbing
Yeo-Jin-Goo-and-Ha-Yeon-Soo-Featured-ima

tvN sitcom “Potato Star 2013QR3” couple Yeo Jin Goo and Ha Yeon Soo went on a crazy dancing journey while being out clubbing. On the episode that aired on February 17, the characters of these two actors decide to go clubbing to release some stress they received from their internships.
Dressed in unusually fancy clothes and with a very noticeable thick make-up for Ha Yeon Soo, these two people seem to be having fun dancing the “shuffle dance” on the dance floor.
Yeo-Jin-Goo-and-Ha-Yeon-Soo-clubbing.jpg

According to a staff from the shooting, Yeo Jin Goo and Ha Yeon Soo danced so realistically to the music that they really thought they were in an actual club.
“Potato Star 2013QR3” airs every night from Monday to Thursday.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/02/17/potato-star-couple-yeo-jin-goo-and-ha-yeon-soo-go-clubbing/#.UwLMrWL6Pi8

February 23, 2014
Yeo Jin-goo a veteran at just 16
BY LEE SEUNG-MI Korea JoongAng Daily

23214437.jpg
Yeo Jin-goo By Lee Ho-hyung
Yeo Jin-goo is just 16, but the teenage heartthrob is already celebrating the ninth anniversary of his career this year. From his debut in “Sad Movie” (2005) to his latest film “Hwayi: A Monster Boy” (2013), Yeo has widened his horizons in Korean TV dramas and films. Recently, the actor even tried out a sitcom, showing his candid and humorous side. 
Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, sat down with Yeo to discuss his young career.
Q. You won several rookie of the year awards for last year’s film “Hwayi.” How did that feel?
A. Well, it felt surreal to win those awards. I had never expected to win that many. I felt grateful to be nominated along with such great actors. I feel the responsibility to be a better actor. 
“Hwayi” was an R-rated film. Have you had a chance to see it yourself?
Not yet. Although I did check out some of the scenes right after shooting them, I couldn’t see the entire movie because I was too young. Actually, I thought the producers would just let me in during the film premiere, but, to my disappointment, that never happened. (Laughs) After the premiere, director Jang Joon-hwan told me that I did a good job. When I come of age I will watch the movie myself and see if that compliment was true. 
After playing such a serious character, you chose a role in the tvN sitcom “Potato Star: 2013QR3.” Why? 
Because I want to build as many personas as possible in my acting career. Many people worried that I couldn’t get away from the tragic character Hwayi. But, as soon as the shooting ended, I was able to move on from the “monster boy.” Also, I’m still very young, I do not want to fix my character into one strong character. Sometimes, I have to be absurd and do some slapstick in “Potato Star,” but as long as it makes people laugh, it’s worth it.
You seem to be super popular among the older women, more so than young girls. Why do you think that is?
I’m not the pretty-boy type, I look more like the boy-next-door. And, compared to my age, I look more mature. I think that’s why they like me.
“Potato Star” airs Mondays to Thursdays, so you have to shoot it every day. Do you have time to hang out with your friends?
I can’t meet my friends as frequently as I could in the past. But I’ve been friends with them from when we were young kids and they understand. At the studio, I just spend time with my other colleagues. I’ve been working for about nine years, so it’s pretty usual for me to spend much time at broadcasting stations. 
What kind of actor do you want to be in the future?
An irreplaceable one. I want people to think I am an original actor, incomparable to any other. Although Lee Byung-hun and Ha Jung-woo are my role models, my one and only idol is the late Australian actor Heath Ledger, who played the psychopathic character the Joker in “The Dark Knight.” Like Ledger, I want to straddle the line between good and evil. That’s why I’m interested in studying psychology at college. I want to express the complexity of humans through my acting in the future.

Guest adikkeluangman

I'm watching Running Man where he is guesting and boy he is so awesome. They even call him Little Commander / Little Kim Jong Kook due to his competitiveness spirit.
-----Yeo Jin Goo to star as the lead in Korean-Chinese project film 'Martial Arts'
Yeo Jin Goo will star as the lead actor in Korean-Chinese project film 'Martial Arts'!

A CJ E&M film industry rep stated, "We saw endless potential in Yeo Jin Goo through his emotional and action scenes in various productions... We thought it was the most fitting casting in order to carry the different range of scenes."

'Martial Arts' is a 20 million dollar Korea-China collaboration project film by CJ E&M and CFG (China Film Group) directed by Park Kwang Hyun. The rest of its cast lineup will be confirmed in the first half of this year and crank-in will begin towards the latter half.
'Martial Arts' is a SF fantasy-action film about a high school student Kwon Bub (word play which also means martial arts) who enters a village of criminals and fights to protect the hidden source of infinite energy.
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/02/yeo-jin-goo-to-star-as-the-lead-in-korean-chinese-project-film-martial-arts

---I'll open the film thread once more info coming in.

February 28, 2014
Yeo Jin-goo makes a ‘Fist’
By Kim Hee-eun, contributing writer INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

28202846.jpg
Yeo Jin-goo, the 16-year-old actor who rose to fame with “Hwayi: Monster Boy” last year, has found his next big-screen project - the lead role in the long-awaited Korean sci-fi film “The Fist.”

“Yeo is such a versatile actor, who can both play an action hero and a romantic protagonist,” said a statement by CJ E&M, the production company behind the big-budget film.
Set in the not-too-distant-future, the film is about a young man with supernatural powers who tries to save a small town from being destroyed.
Zo In-sung had been signed up to play the lead for two years, but continued delays in starting “Fist” forced him to drop out.
“Fist” was planned as a $20 million blockbuster - huge money for a Korean film - by director Park Kwang-hyun, who rose to fame in 2005 with his hit “Welcome to Dongmakgol.”
From early on, “Fist” was shaping up to be a big international project, with CJ E&M joining up on financing with the China Film Group Corporation and Pegasus & Taihe Entertainment International.
CJ E&M said the rest of the cast will be confirmed soon and production is scheduled to start this summer.
The film is slated for release in 2016. 

Guest adikkeluangman

Yeo Jin Goo to Star in $2 Million Budget Sci-Fi Fantasy, “Kwon Bob”
Actor Yeo Jin Goo will be starring in the $2 million high-budget sci-fi fantasy film “Kwon Bob” (aka Martial Arts). 
“Kwon Bob” is a Korean-Chinese large scale collab project between CJ E&M and China Film Group (CFG), and the Chinese production company Pegasus & Taihe Entertainment will be co-distributing, sponsoring, and producing the film. 
The film is a sci-fi fantasy set in a future with quickly depleting energy sources, and is about a high school boy named Kwon Bob (Yeo Jin Goo) who by chance comes to a village where criminals live, and must fight to protect the village’s secrets of unlimited energy from dangerous powers.
With a screenplay and direction by Park Kwang Hyun, the director of 2005′s “Welcome to Dongmakgol,” anticipation for this film is high. The film will start filming in the latter half of this year, and is tentatively set for a premiere in 2016. 
On casting actor Yeo Jin Goo for the role of Kwon Bob, a CJ E&M official said, “In the emotional portrayal and action skill that he has shown us through various works, we saw an endless potential in him. We believe he is the best fit to pull off both the emotional and physical aspects of this film.”
Originally, the role of Kwon Bob was supposed to be done by actor Jo In Sung as his comeback film following his military discharge. In the beginning, the film production ran into difficulties, and the film was folded, then back up and running again. Eventually, after roughly a 3-year wait, although the film finally scored a budget of 20,000,000,000 won (approx $2 million), Jo In Sung withdrew from the film due to scheduling conflicts.
http://www.soompi.com/2014/02/28/yeo-jin-goo-to-star-in-2-million-budget-sci-fi-fantasy-kwon-bob/#.UxFHF-P6Pi8

-----Soompi movie thread for this movie already updated on the first post. Please check it out. :)

Guest adikkeluangman

Heechul, Kangin, and Yeo Jin Goo to play with kids on 'Superman Is Back'
In the preview for the next episode of 'Superman is Back,' Super Junior's Heechul and Kangin as well as Yeo Jin Goo made appearances to play with the kids.
Heechul and Kangin proved energetic as they danced around with Lee Hwi Jae's adorable twins and watched them play in the pool.  Yeo Jin Goo, meanwhile, faced some hard questions from Jun Woo and Jun Suh, such as whether he had a lot of girlfriends.
The episode will air on March 9!http://youtu.be/NLktvBJl344
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/03/heechul-kangin-and-yeo-jin-goo-to-play-with-kids-on-superman-is-back
Super Junior Members, Yeo Jin Goo and More to Appear on ‘Superman is Back’
Super Junior’s Heechul and Kangin, Yeon Jin Goo, Kim Yoon Suk, Jo Jin Woong and Kim Sung Gyun will be appearing on KBS 2TV’s Superman is Back.
During recent recording of Superman is Back, Super Junior’s Heechul and Kangin made a visit to Lee Hwi Jae’s house to help take care of the twins. 
Having confessed that he has ‘baby phobia,’ Heechul surprised everyone, including himself by falling in love with the twins.

Yeo Gin Goo, Kim Yoon Suk, Kim Sung Gyun and Jo Jin Woong, who acted alongside Jang Hyun Sung in film Hwa Yi, also met with Jang Hyun Sung’s two sons. 
During filming, Jang Hyun Sung’s sons made Yeo Jin Goo nervous by asking, “Where is your girlfriend?”
11712051.jpg
The episode of Superman is Back featuring the special guests will broadcast on March 9.
http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/60474/superjunior-members-and-others-guest-on-superman-is-back

Archived