[OFFICIAL] WangNyang—♡ Joo Jin Mo & Ha Ji Won ♡

Guest minnie0103

Guest filchiny

sarah.lina said: @suwan : BJH said that her contract with Empress Ki will end in the 30th Episode. But there are also some rumors that said that she will play TN till the end because k-netizen love her :D :D :D
So for now, we don't really know ;)

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today I finally read the lyric for the OST Wind Breeze by Park Wan Gu - the song that is supposed to be about WY's heartbreak.

And damn, the song hit me hard. When it was first released, I didn't see many people like it much or said it was their least favourite among all OST.

But I love it. The melody is beautiful and melancholic. The voice is full of emotions and very suitable for traditional drama.

And especially, the heartbreak that it tells. When I heard that song, I can imagine that's how WY feels.

Honestly, I have been hesitant to come here. I was very disappointed in SN for letting go of WY's hand. We knew they would get separated, but things didn't happen like how I expected it to be. She didn't just let go of his hands to reach her goal. She let go of his hand to reach her goal by choosing to spend her life with someone else and help that man. In that process, she will also help WY's cause but she deprives him of having her by his side. He needs his country but he also needs her.

Witnessing him dying inside, I can't help but feeling bitter towards SN.  He was a broken man. She heals his heart just to break it again.

But I still come to this thread because of what they had before hell broke loose. Even though SN does not love WY the way he loves her, what they had before was still love.

Even until now, there are still people - and popular posters at Empress Ki drama thread- who felt what SN had with WY wasn't love, or the way they felt in love was vague/ arguable. I can only shake my head at that: The way SN cried when WY was taken to the border, the way she missed him in the palace before he return... I saw many couple in ancient/ historical drama felt in love with at first sight or just by much more simple gestures than that. If people still refuse to acknowledge how SN and WY felt in love, then it's because they choose not to accept that, not because there was no chemistry between SN and WY.

Guest minnie0103

@vu_hoa1983 BLESS YOUR POST! ^:)^ You and your awesome posts are warmly welcomed here, so I tell you, don't hesitate to come here whenever you have some sentiments to share. I'm speaking in behalf of everyone, we will be happy to read your posts. :)
vu_hoa1983 said: Today I finally read the lyric for the OST Wind Breeze by Park Wan Gu - the song that is supposed to be about WY's heartbreak.

And damn, the song hit me hard. When it was first released, I didn't see many people like it much or said it was their least favourite among all OST.

But I love it. The melody is beautiful and melancholic. The voice is full of emotions and very suitable for traditional drama.

And especially, the heartbreak that it tells. When I heard that song, I can imagine that's how WY feels.

minnie0103 said:
Actually, I feel annoyed by the comments coming from some illogical fans/viewers especially on Baidu Tieba. I never thought Baidu Tieba fans could be so rude! During the live recap, whenever Wang Yoo's scenes are on the screen, they are like, "Go back to the palace scenes. I don't like these boring scenes." "Please don't give us a cliffhanger with Wang Yoo." etc. I know everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but most of the time, their words are in vain. Sadly, they don't even respect the fans of Wang Yoo and I'm one of them. :( Nevertheless, I'm proud to be on Wang Yoo's side, to be a WY-SN shipper, because I think it's better to wait for our time than to demand what we only like just to appease our shippers' hearts. 

You know, in the beginning I thought it was so wise on behalf of the writers, directors etc. to let WYSN love story evolve without unnecessary explications, love declarations etc. I thought they knew they had at their disposal two master thespians who don't need pages of scenario to make themselves understood, to show their feelings and emotions only through their eyes and facial expressions.

And they did! Both JJM and HJW delivered it perfectly. I liked so much ep. 14 (I think, when he came back from the border war), they didn't exchange a word throughout, but their whole love story was told there through glances and facial expressions.

But now I think the authors overestimated (or underestimated, it depends on the POV) the public, as you can see many viewers didn't buy that. I guess they want beds/baths/whatever of roses, explanations (mother bird... bla-bla) in order to believe it's love. That's why those flashbacks were introduced, to show through words how big is WYSN love. It's no chance that people wrote after the wishes flashback that they finally believed WY and SN loved each other.

Well, let's see how it will develop from now on. Can't predict it, really.

That's always the case when they are handsome and young actors like JCW, Lee Min Ho or Kim Woo Bin... i don't think that they all hate WY, it's just that TH fans are more active, and even in News nate, they have the time to go to WY news to put some negative comments, fortunately their bad comments are down-voted, but they are just so rude, if you don't like a character don't put a hate on him or worse to the actor himself, especially when he's doing an amazing job. I'm really tired of hearing, he played a gay, he's old ect...

Knowing that JJM fears the anti-fans the most, i'm really sad for him, he doesn't deserve that, his acting here is off the charts :-SS :-SS :-SS

Guest minnie0103

Well, even though it turned out like this, what I mean by this is the fact that not all (be it local or foreign fans/viewers) are in favor of the OTP's fervent love story... even though I want to flip the table and answer them back for being so rude and irrational (I mean internet etiquette), I always choose to calm down, sit back, and just enjoy the show. Fans are the reflection of their bias and one fan represents the whole camp, right? ;) 
We all knew how most of the viewers disliked the child plot prior to its execution in the drama, BUT the writers didn't let themselves be affected by those comments and complaints, instead they pushed through with their original plan. As a result, there had been the infamous "immorality" issue, but that case just died a natural death. That's what actually strengthens my faith that same goes with the ending. Even though 80% of the viewers won't like an ending solely for the happiness of the OTP and for the better of Goryeo, the writers won't be affected by this because they are the ones in authority to write the script and as professional writers, they should trust themselves and their own thoughts. One of the reasons why I really REALLY want a "Wang Yoo-Seung Nyang" ending is to avenge the criticisms given by immature fans/netizens to both Joo Jin Mo and Wang Yoo, to make them feel how we felt for badmouthing our ship. LOL. :P Kidding aside, I don't take shallow things like this seriously, but everything that is too much is bad. ;;)

@minnie0103: Thanks dear ^_^

A friend of mine introduced EK to me when it was air up to about episode 14-15. Watching 14 episodes straight, I hooked up into WY and his chemistry with SN right away. But from that on, I feel the quality of the drama is compromised. Even my friend drops it now,

The reason? First 10 episodes are fast-paced. Even too fast-paced. Then, boom, it became lengthy with many motherbird-baby bird scenes. It was OK at first, fine cos there were certain humorous scenes.  But then such scenes become too much. Even with WY coming back to the palace, there are still redundant scenes like that, or TN and her silly fantasy about WY. With WY, there's no redundant scene - he is always in "action mode" with his plan in his mind, and in pursuing his love. JJM was given very little screentime but he did the best he could with his character, showing people exactly how WY is.

I never deny that TH loves SN. I can see that. He has too many screentime for people to see that. Maybe his character is more popular for viewer.  Maybe JJW is younger and more popular than JJM. Fine, if that's what it is. But we, who loves WY-SN, are deprived of our couple's screentime. We don't complain and still instead we get such comments like: WY's comeback just get in the way of TH-SN (lol) romance, he is the reason for lower rating (seriously).

Non-shipper or anti may call WY boring or whatever. But I dare anyone say JJM's acting is crappy and so far it seems like I don't see any one dares to say so. The most insulting thing they can say is dragging his gay role (which won him critical acclaim anyway) in Frozen Flower into discussion. Cos the problem is not in JJM's acting. It's in the script, which I am afraid is in favour of a more popular ship or to satisfy viewer's demand.

I started thinking about dropping EK twice:

- after SN received WY's proposal. One moment she was obviously happy, one moment later she started crying for TH. I understand she has certain feeling for TH but crying while thinking about him like that is like a direct betrayal to WY. I already felt that she has some feeling (not love) for TH before that, and when she refused to kill TH, I knew in her heart she already forgave him - afterall he has been treating her nicely. But that scene is confusing and so out of SN's character. It makes her acceptance of WY's proposal is like doing a duty rather than loving him sincerely. I hate the writing at that part.

- the CPR kiss. No, I am not jealous of that kiss. I didn't even watch it, but I am sure it was beautifully done. Still, really? Such CPR kiss in a historical drama? No wonder why, since TH-SN shippers even demand for hot bed scene. And yes, no wonder why TH-SN couple is more popular cos the way TH expresses his love to SN is so modern . I felt like watching a traditional love story and a fusion love story in the same drama. If not for satisfying shippers and to increase rating, then what it is? Yes, they get what they want - event a CF together in real life, showing people like me that their on-screen chemistry works.

Then, there's minimum screentime for WY, keeping him busy with a battle which seems to be so trivial compared to internal affairs at the palace. And then forcing him with someone who he absolutely has no chemistry with. Of course he can't have any chemistry with her because she isn't SN and he s not himself anymore. Is it because the actress playing that role seems to be popular now? Or is her character popular with Korean viewer? I will never understand that. I only see a waste of JJM's talent and also a waste of WY's character. Again, JJM has done nothing wrong to deserve that.

I don't like grand actions, I don't like big words. I like it when people can understand each other without saying a lot, cos it shows how a couple truly belongs to each other. The bridge scene where SN dreamt about meeting WY, with petal flying and a dream-like atmosphere is exactly what I (used to) love about the coiple. They can talk and discuss about their people but he held her back from going away just simply by saying he miss her. His eyes say it all. He never really needs to say out loud how he appreciates her but his silent actions show that. He never begs for her love but fights for it. He also never forces her to stay by his side. He also never takes her love for granted.

I didn't want to drop EK because I was in a different ship. We all in a sinking ship from the start. I am disapointed when the drama loses it pace and consistency.

@minnie0103 : Amen to that and i know that these writers really don't get easily affected by the fandom, so i'm sure that the ending that we will get will be the one they wanted.

After watching E28, didn't anyone have noticed that, SN and WY are using the same attack, aka the frontal assault to their enemy, they are so similar even with their actions, it's because of that i will ship them till the end, it's really rare in k-drama world to watch a couple like them, they complete each other, i'm in love with this couple :x :x :x

@vu_hoa1983 : well i couldn't have said it better ;) ;) ;)

vu_hoa1983 said: Today I finally read the lyric for the OST Wind Breeze by Park Wan Gu - the song that is supposed to be about WY's heartbreak.

Honestly, I have been hesitant to come here. I was very disappointed in SN for letting go of WY's hand. We knew they would get separated, but things didn't happen like how I expected it to be. She didn't just let go of his hands to reach her goal. She let go of his hand to reach her goal by choosing to spend her life with someone else and help that man. In that process, she will also help WY's cause but she deprives him of having her by his side. He needs his country but he also needs her.

Witnessing him dying inside, I can't help but feeling bitter towards SN.  He was a broken man. She heals his heart just to break it again.

But I still come to this thread because of what they had before hell broke loose. Even though SN does not love WY the way he loves her, what they had before was still love.

Even until now, there are still people - and popular posters at Empress Ki drama thread- who felt what SN had with WY wasn't love, or the way they felt in love was vague/ arguable. I can only shake my head at that: The way SN cried when WY was taken to the border, the way she missed him in the palace before he return... I saw many couple in ancient/ historical drama felt in love with at first sight or just by much more simple gestures than that. If people still refuse to acknowledge how SN and WY felt in love, then it's because they choose not to accept that, not because there was no chemistry between SN and WY.

misstear said:

minnie0103 said:
Actually, I feel annoyed by the comments coming from some illogical fans/viewers especially on Baidu Tieba. I never thought Baidu Tieba fans could be so rude! During the live recap, whenever Wang Yoo's scenes are on the screen, they are like, "Go back to the palace scenes. I don't like these boring scenes." "Please don't give us a cliffhanger with Wang Yoo." etc. I know everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, but most of the time, their words are in vain. Sadly, they don't even respect the fans of Wang Yoo and I'm one of them. :( Nevertheless, I'm proud to be on Wang Yoo's side, to be a WY-SN shipper, because I think it's better to wait for our time than to demand what we only like just to appease our shippers' hearts. 

@sj15elf0hjw1023: I know SN loves WY. It will be an insulting to her character if I says she doesn't love WY.

I remember my last posts in EK thread, where I said letting go of WY is never easy and I also felt sorry for her for having to make that decision. As much as I am disapointed in her decision because of WY, I knew it is hard for her too and her life has been in pain.

I never say her decision for coming to the palace is for her greed of power or anything similar. She came there to get revenge for people who died under the hand of cruel people, and in the end to change things so that such situation won't happen to people in her homeland anymore. No pratice of slave offering anymore. By "training" TH into a proper empror, she will help the relationship between the two countries.

In the process of doing so, she will help with what WY is aiming for.

You can say it's a sacrifice. Sacrifice her own happiness with WY for these things to happen. It's her own way of loving WY.

But yes, I think she doesn't love WY like how he loves her. And she will also never love TH like how he loves her. TH for sure will choose her over his own country.  And in WY's case, he can have SN if she wants to stay by his side. As a man, he never asks her to make such sacrifice.  He never asks her to do that for him. He never wants her to follow that path. How helplessly and frustrating he will feel when the woman he loves has to do such things for him - and he is a like a useless man who can't even protect her but have to see her protect herself and protect him by becoming someone else's wife?

There's a truth that can't be denied: that she gives up her dream of being with WY. She does that for his cause as a King and for ultimately for her own goal. She is in pain. And that pain is too much for her to handle without standing still and doing nothing so she has to take action, even at the cost of losing WY. That's why she will become the powerful Empress.

No I don't judge her action as SN the warrior- she is doing according to her personality. In the end, what she will achieve will help her overcome her loss of WY. Her goal is more important to her than her happiness with WY. She can't push that goal away just to be by WY's side.

But what about WY? Is his country more important than SN or is SN more important than his country? It's a question that's not easy to answer.  But at least,  once, after rescuing her from being raped, he wanted to take her away. And when WY knows she is in the palace, I think he will kept fighting for her and want to take her out. With WY, I feel nothing can stop him from his dream of being with SN - except of course when SN chooses not to do so with him.  SN decides his fate for him - he is like someone with no say in that.

SN knows WY won't die without her. He will live and rule his nation. But she chooses to break her own heart and break his heart too. Just for the two of them to reach their political goal. Before she entered the palace, she didn't lose everything - she still had WY if she wanted to. She chose to let go of the last precious thing in her life and no one forced her to choose but herself.

One chooses her own goal over her happiness with the man she loves, one chooses to fight for her no matter what (until it's clear to him she doesn't want him to). That's why I think WY loves her more.

I asked myself once that if she chose to be by WY's side and help him fight, would she be happy with all the pain she suffered? Well, that's a question that I can't find the answer since she doesn't seem to trust that WY can make it on his own and she doesn't let WY help to heal her pain also.  Instead, she chose a path where hearts are broken.

Oh and, no wants force WY to get marry for revenge. But do you think WY will easily accept that if SN is alive, by his side? Even though he got married when he thinks she is dead, he leaves his new bribe in his homeland (and who knows, probably doesn't even spend his first night with her, lol - but that's not important). Just because the drama doesn't give WY enough screentime to search for SN doesn't mean he doesn't think about her all the time or try to find her. There are many loop holes in the drama - we'd better leave it at that,

P/S: Anyway, we all have our own interpretations of the same scene or action. I think WY loves SN more than she loves him, yep. But is that really important who loves who more now when she is on her way to become someone else's wife? I don't care about that anymore, really.

Thank you, anjshin, for lowering the tension here. We've been thinking too too much lately.

I also do apologize if I've offended someone's feelings with my previous post, I guess the majority of people like beds etc. of roses. It's my problem that I find this kind of things a little bit cheesy. And it's not ship related.  

Guest anjshin

welcome at WangNyang thread my dear @vu_hoa1983 :)
I can feel you with your sentiments about what our dear SN did, making decisions all by herself without consulting WY's opinion, in short she made a solo act. With my frustrations towards her, I almost thrown her in the sea after she decided to go on that path. But after some episode i came to realize that i already saw some sort of situation like theirs. It may seem that she doesn't care about WY's feelings and she's like being rude to him, but after seeing the confrontation between her and TH, that made me understand that WY is the one important to her that she abandoned, the one she gave up. But on the other way around doing that act of hers will not make all things easy, to her and to WY, but rather they have to fight in the different sideways to clash those hindrances that comes on their way. It will be hard, but knowing this both characters strong willed personality that i'm counting, i know they will win their battles. And i partly agree with the writers for giving this major misunderstanding with them, it gives both an opportunity to understand that they are not just born for each other, but there are people who will also be a part of theirs. This two have great minds, even if fate will offer a bitter-sweet situation like this, they can widen up their minds for each other. But despite of those, the only one and only objective of that love conflict is to to let their love for each other live in their hearts and make it stronger even in distance, i would like it better than being with each other and chased with worries of what's coming. :) :) :)

Each time i read: " i skipped WY's scenes..it's boring..." , "is it just me that changed to my ipod each time there's WY scenes.."  or something like that i really want to write : " I was watering my garden each time there is serving tea , reading book before sleep and teaching scenes.." 
=)) 

Archived