Starting a Kpop (cover) Girl Group in California (singing and dancing)

seriouslystarryeyed

Hey everyone! SO basically as the title says I want to start a girl group in California, it's ideal if you live in the central valley or bay area but honestly if you live in Southern or Northern California I'm sure we can come up with something. ******* ALSO please don't worry if you can't sing well and are more of a dancer or if you can't dancer super well but sing, the whole point is to grow together, as individuals as well as group, this is a group that supports it's members and helps them improve so please if that's what your worried about don't even worry about it! I'm not a super great dancer either.*******
uhh for the details... probably an english cover kpop group, just because Korean is super tricky, although if people are interested in doing Korean versions too I'm totally willing to learn. Preferably we'd all be 14-18 age range but I don't think thats SUPER important haha, if your easy to get along with and are really interested in doing this then I don't think much else matters. (I'm only excluding guys because it's really hard to change the songs to fit both girl and guy parts... for me at least, I'm not experienced enough with this yet.) I'm really flexible with the ideas and the concept and everything, I think that everyone involved should have an equal say so really there isn't much I can say yet. Originally I was thinking like the English version of SNSD (Girl's Generation) I really like how they change their style often but don't stray too far away from what their fans fell for originally. But like I said I'm not super attached to the ideas or concepts and I don't want to do anything that another member would hate. I listen to a lot of different groups mainly:-B.A.P. -EXO-2NE1-SNSD-IU-Big Bang-G-Dragon-Rainbow-CNBLUE-Tiny G -Lee Hi(I also like Japanese and English music too, but as far as Kpop goes)But honestly that doesn't even begin to cover the amount of groups I like, just to give you an idea of the music I typically listen to. I'm not saying anything about auditioning or anything because I think that for a beginner it would be super difficult to learn a piece on your own for the first time, so just if your interested let me know. =^.^=
Although if you have anything you want to show me it's appreciated even just a vocal clip so I know what we're starting with, it's not required though. :)

Oh I forgot to put my information haha :)Age: 17Grade: 11Speciality: Singing, I'm ok with piano and (I'm currently learning) guitar, and I'm ok with lyrics (writing them to fit songs)  
I'm continuously trying to get better with singing right now I'm a Mezzo-Soprano but I can sing most light lyric soprano, soprano, and alto parts if given enough time. I think my range is like 2 octaves and 4 notes? haha if you don't know what that means don't worry, I didn't know what it meant either 2 years ago. 
Idk if your even remotely interested in joining, or you want more info then please please please just say something, I promise I'm super kind, so no worries =^.^=

Guest harlequinangel

I would so be interested in this but I'm over 18 :( If you were to need help with anything like scripting or designing promotional posters or something I would be happy to help in anyway. Good luck!

Guest harlequinangel

Oh...haha maybe I made a mistake and glossed over that tid bit..sorry. I am really interested in this so I will do as you did and post a little bio.

Job: Currently looking
Specialty: I can video edit and I am familiar with simple graphic designing and I sing. I am also good at organizing stuff. This isn't really a specialty but I like to be helpful in anyway that I can.

Lol, 23 isn't that old, the main reason why I said 14-18 as an age range was because I figured a 14 year old would be more likely to get along with/have more in common with a 17 year old or 18 year old versus a 25 year old (since we wouldn't be under a contract we'd have to have everyone be able to resolve all issues within the group, so more common ground can come in handy), also sometimes it's harder to work with people with a very obvious or large age gap. Video editing is something that I am super new to so if your really good then that is definitely a plus :) If you don't mind being agreeable and patient with people who are younger than you then I would have no problem with including you in the group, you seem nice so I'm not too worried about that. Although you are in California, right? haha just because practicing is hard even without members not being in the same state. =^.^=

Guest harlequinangel

Haha..that makes total sense.  I'm cool with all ages, I'm SUPER calm and laid back and super friendly, so I like to think I am easy to get along with.Yeah I'm in California ^^

Guest harlequinangel

Do you dance? I do alittle but i'm still a beginner OTL. Have you thought to branch out to find CA people, like use a video media site? I've seen it done and it seems to be effective, just a thought.

Guest harlequinangel

I believe where I live is considered part of the Central Valley, but I'm not too sure ^^''. I live near Sac, so I guess Sacramento Valley, but maybe not cause I live in Yolo County.

• 8 months later...
Guest happyvirusyeollie

Grade: 10

Specialty: Singing and dancing but I absolutely love dancing. I have a good singing voice (soprano 1 in my choir class) but dancing is my life. I think I'm an awesome dancer that has great potential!

Oh wow! Sorry I just saw this! Yes we are still looking for more members, it's really important that you'd be able to get to the Bay area for practices but other than that we don't really have any set requirements right now its four girls including myself. We're working on three songs at the moment one would be strictly a dance cover and two vocal covers so if you really are interested then it'd be best if you could start learning those. AH sorry I'm rushing so I might not have included everything that I needed to, if you have any other questions or anything message me here or just comment again =^.^= 

Archived