[MANGA] Last Game

13infamyss

SUPER ADORABLE MANGA!!!!!! MUST READ!

17972.jpg

Plot:

Yanagi Naoto is the typical shoujo bishounen: rich, smart, athletic, all girls swoon over him, excels at everything; he's very proud of what he does and the glory it brings to him. That is until someone beats him at being the best at everything, the new student Kujou Mikoto. Naoto's competitive streak has gone beyond and above (though he keeps losing every time) yet Mikoto couldn't care less. She just wants to get over school, so she doesn't burden her mom. One day as he contemplates on how to win against Mikoto, he hears people talking about whoever confesses their feelings first losses. He changes his strategies and becomes closer to Mikoto, show her his good nature, make her fall in love with him, then dump her afterwards. This game goes on and 10 years later, they are now in college, Naoto still hasn't made any progress with this game of his! HAHAHAHHA! So hilarious.

He chases her all through elementary, middle school, high school, and college, and all those times he has fallen in love with her more. Everyone could see how transparent his feelings are for Mikoto, but not her. Now he challenges Mikoto for one last game. Will she win this time too?

Comments:

I can't express how much I've fallen in love with this manga! It's very similar to S.A. only this time, the girl is smarter than the guy. I love how Mikoto is taking her baby steps, one at a time, in recognizing her feelings for Naoto. And man I just love Naoto! He's soooo patient with Mikoto (10 years of loving her, and still in friend zone, just wow). just extremely adorable. I also like how this manga is mostly from Naoto's POV.  We rarely see that in shoujo world, so it's nice to read what's going on in a typical perfect bishounen's mind.

I really recommend you guys to read it. I couldn't stop reading after chapter 1.

Volumes: 8 (Ongoing) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=67781

LastGamefull1316795.jpg

last-game-3638467.jpg

last-game-3254345.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

^yup. I thought it was cute that the story started from elementary to college too, and that the jump was fast. We basically were introduced how Naoto fell for her throughout the years.
I thought the story was abit different since it's the guy who goes after the girl, not the other way around. 
I wish there were more chapters ~_~ or better yet, someone licensed this! would seriously love to have this series beautifully stacked on my shelf.

• 2 months later...

sofiny2 said: @13infamyss you can read summary  ch 27 in this blog
http://tatsukida.blogspot.com/2013/12/last-game-chapter-27.html
:D,,, thanks for the link!hahah Naoto's soo cute. Even when he's drunk, he's so careful of Mikoto. Kissing her on spot above her nose rather than going for her lips, I really admire this guy and the way he controls his emotions even if it is overwhelming him. I hope Mikoto becomes more aware of Naoto after this! xDD Rekidai said: so so so good. I always get excited when I see a new update hahaa. 
me too!!!!!!! I wish there'd be new chapter releases soon

• 1 month later...

^The coloured graphics of Last Game make them look really young. I think they look more like their age (in their 20s) in the actual story. 
e020fixed.jpg?v=11343376841

last-game-3254523.jpg

In any case, don't let the art stop you from trying this story out. It has a pretty cool plot line since it's sort of a reverse typical shoujo. The guy chases the girl, and the guy is outsmarted, academically, by the girl. =)

• 10 months later...
Guest SakuToku

Yanagi x Kujou is already a canon pairing since both of them has a romantic feelings for each other. The problem is both of them thought that Kujou and Yanagi likes someone else.

Too bad, we'll have to wait every 1 month to release the new chapter.

^Awww yeah. ;( They have been very careful around each other for the last few chapters I've read. It's unfortunate that Naoto can't fess his feelings up to Mikoto. He's been very scared and careful of his relationship with her. One false move, he thinks, could break everything up.

• 1 month later...
Guest SakuToku

We're almost there! Misunderstanding is getting their way. Why Amano-sensei!? Please don't make us wait any longer! :(

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived