Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

endeavor

[Current J-Drama 2014] Boku No Ita Jikan

tumblr_mzb3n5aZ0j1rb60l9o1_500.jpgBoku No Ita Jikan /  僕のいた時間
Director: Hiroki HayamaWriter: Atsuko HashibeNetwork: Fuji TVEpisodes: TBAAir Date: January 8, 2014 --Air Time: Wednesdays 22:00
Synopsis:Fourth year university student Sawada Takuto is having a tough time looking for a job. The eldest son of the director of a hospital, Takuto's parents had expected him to become a doctor, but they began to focus their hopes on his younger brother Rikuto instead, some time during his junior high school. Although Takuto is popular and good at befriending ladies, he has no confidence that he will be loved and thus avoids deep emotional involvement with anyone. One day, he is informed that he does not have long to live because he is suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), an incurable, progressive neurodegenerative disease. Takuto, who had given only vague thoughts to his goals in life, starts to explore what is left of his life and live with a positive attitude. Credit JDramas (click for a full synopsis too)

Cast:Miura Haruma as Sawada TakutoTabe Mikako as Hongo MegumiSaito Takumi as Mukai ShigeyukiYamamoto Mizuki as Murayama HinaNomura Shuhei as Sawada RikutoFukikoshi Mitsuru as Tanimoto-senseiAsada Miyoko as Hongo ShokoHarada Mieko as Sawada SawakoKoichi Mantaro as Sawada Akio
English Subtitles:DramaFever

Finally, Miura-kun and Tabe-san are reunited. I have always liked them since Kimi ni Todoke and planning to check this series out. Has anyone else seen it yet? Any thoughts??

Someone recommended this drama to me a few days ago. I saw the first episode and I loved it. Nothing dragged and I adore the leads. Why isn't this thread more active? 

LavelyShai said: Someone recommended this drama to me a few days ago. I saw the first episode and I loved it. Nothing dragged and I adore the leads. Why isn't this thread more active? 

I'm really enjoying this drama. I wasn't planning on watching it because it looked like another one of those depressing dramas but I'm glad I started watching it.

Here are 2 of the OSTs:
Yuzu – よろこびのうた Song of Joy (Subtheme Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BamgKDWSEjo

Rihwa – 春風 Spring Breeze (Subtheme Song)

I think now is the right time to start jump in watching this drama since ep 9 has already come out Common, sorrow let's bring you in 

I did not think there would be a forum for this drama! Loved every episode despite its sadness. I loved every aspect of it--from the portrayal of his disease all the way to the end of the road, love. It makes you ponder and reflect on your own life--just being thankful for being alive and healthy is really all you need. :)
I praise the Japanese writer!  ^:)
Brings me back to Liters of Tears--a drama I watched a long time ago, the only thing different is that this had a happy ending. Faith, hope, love--the three is all you need to survive to the very end.

For those of you who are not sure of watching this tragic human story or not, Lets have a sneak peek into Ms. Sawada's life story  

I'm glad to have given this drama a try. It's beautifully sad.I love the part when his company started to understand his illness and re-adjusted themselves to accommodate him. 
And regarding the actors, its great to have Tabe Mikako and Muira Haruma reunite again!  Also, Muira has a knack for roles like this. I mean he did portray Hiro in Koizora the movie.