Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest safiresea

DAESANG COUPLE 2014: Jun Ji Hyun/Cheon Song Yi/Yenicall ♥ Kim Soo Hyun/Do Min Joon/Zampano

I don't wanna spoil the mood, okay chingus? But to me it looks like he temporarily left his phone for a bathroom break or something, and then somebody messed with it. LOL. 

Anyways, looking forward to tomorrow's Assassination VIP Premiere!!! :D 

Guest noctlight_stv

any update or news about them? miss them soo much..11760139_458033297707256_519571006285180

why this words bothers me.. hmmm.. i smll something..

I'm still stoopid on using IG but is that him saying "miss u" or is that from an fan?

Hi new member of soompi here. And idk how this works. I actually made an account in order

to reply to this so you guys wont have your hopes up. That is actually a fan comment.

kim soo hyun's username comes with a capital K but that one is a small k and obviously a

different account if you click the user. 

Anyway I AM A HUGE HYUNHYUN FAN AND I MISS THEM A LOOOT. AND ALWAYS

VISITS THIS FORUM. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS FORUM UP!

and also i have a tumblr. Ssasakii and i see some of my mlfts/hyunhyun edits here and just wanna thank you

for sharing. Hehe. 

The Story about Coincidence

This is a story of a boy from the past (2013), promoting his movie entitled Secretly Greatly, and a girl from the future (2015), promoting her movie Assassination.

11748602_10205783164150640_795479193_n.j

Same pose, same motif, same hue.

11758933_10205783214671903_1398668218_n.

Thom Browne suit.

THE END.

Red is so happy. Man from the stars is here to support his sweetheart for Assassination. Arghhh shippers' feels :wub:

Try not to be too excited but I can't help. Enjoy this day while it lasts my awesome co-shippers! Wehoooooooo.

Guest rochellovesJJHandKSH

Omg omg the VIP premier i just want to cry seeing kim soo hyun there to support her love my gosh why i got tears on my eyes....he is so happy on the pictures and again the black and white on there outfit 

11752523_908498172542623_506274791132183

This is the story of when the boy from the past meets the girl from the future...

BLACK and WHITE...

11780488_10205787963110611_449924867_n.j

Both were happy. 

Especially him...

11780659_10205787963630624_1836847525_n.

He walked in like he owned the night. She owned the night. They owned the night.

11711702_10205784236697453_1392087421_n.

THE END.

Guest KJlovestars111

:PLove the shirt! Man from the star shines brighter than stars coming to support his best Songyi!:wub::D

China’s Love Affair With Irresistible Korean TV

By AMY QIN
JULY 20, 2015

BEIJING — China’s obsession with a South Korean television show about a 400-year-old Harvard-educated alien who falls in love with an arrogant actress reached such a frenzy last year that online streaming companies here began racing to snap up licensing rights for other South Korean television programs, inflating their prices almost tenfold.

Then China’s entertainment regulators stepped in, imposing greater limits on foreign television content as part of a broader campaign to rein in China’s fast-growing market for online video, which has become a popular alternative to Chinese broadcast television. (According to official statistics, there were 433 million viewers of online video — TV shows included — in China by the end of 2014, making it the largest streaming market in the world.) Many in the online video industry in China suspect the new guidelines were issued at least partly because of the popularity of “My Love From Another Star.”

Faced with the limits, popular streaming websites like Sohu, iQiyi and Youku want to develop their own Korean-inspired content to sate the country’s appetite for the programming, part of a broader fascination with Korean popular culture. That has meant trying to tap into South Korea’s secret sauce — the magic formula that has turned the country into a pop-culture juggernaut that churns out viral exports like the singer and rapper Psy, the singer Rain and hits like “My Love From Another Star.”

“We share the same culture and cherish similar social values,” said Sophie Yu, director of international communications for iQiyi, the online video streaming website affiliated with the search giant Baidu. “So Korean content naturally is easy to be understood and accepted by the Chinese audience.”

For Chinese companies, part of the strategy includes making Chinese versions of popular South Korean fare, particularly variety and reality shows. Some of the hottest Chinese programs, like Zhejiang Television’s game-variety show “Running Man” and Hunan Television’s reality show “Where Are We Going, Dad?,” were based on South Korean formats. Nearly all of China’s top online video websites have signed agreements with South Korean television stations and production companies to co-produce television shows tailored for Chinese audiences.

But after the success of “My Love From Another Star,” Chinese companies are setting their sights higher. Millions of viewers in China last year tuned in to watch the 21-episode mini-series, which originally aired on the Seoul Broadcasting System, a leading South Korean network.

The show ignited a nationwide frenzy. Fans were hospitalized for binge-eating fried chicken and beer (the star actress’s favorite food on the show), and even the first lady of China, Peng Liyuan, became swept up in the fever. She was quoted by the state-run People’s Daily commenting on the physical resemblance between the lead actor, an extraterrestrial heartthrob with a mop of jet-black hair, and her husband, President Xi Jinping, in his younger years.

The target audience for dramas like “Star,” as is it known, consists mostly of women in their teens to early 40s who prefer to watch shows known as naocanju, or “brain-dead dramas,” instead of popular series from the United States, like “Game of Thrones” and “House of Cards.”

Maggie Xiong, senior director of international acquisitions at Youku, the streaming service, said the show “brought Korean content to the mainstream.” It was streamed more than 2.5 billion times in the first three months after its premiere in December 2013.

“ ‘My Love From Another Star’ was a very exceptional show, just like ‘Friends’ in the 1990s and early 2000s,” said Grace Guan, who manages Sohu’s Korean content strategy. “We would all love to make a show like that, but there are so many elements involved.”

For years, entertainment industry observers in China have sought to explain Korean television’s foothold in China. They say it comes down to packaging.

“The Koreans continue to do well because of the details,” said Fan Xiaojing, a Chinese journalist and long-term analyst of the Korean entertainment industry. “China just can’t capture the romance.”

Unlike in China, where experts say up to 70 percent of a production’s budget can be spent on actors’ salaries, both Korean and Chinese producers say that Korean shows tend to spend more on production sets and screenwriters, avoiding fake props, brands and backdrops in favor of the real things. And since in Korea shows are broadcast soon after they are filmed, scriptwriters and directors can get feedback quickly, allowing them to make tweaks according to audience demands.

Actors in Korea are also groomed from a young age and taught how to walk and dress, said Ms. Guan, who previously worked at an artists’ management agency in Seoul. They are taken in for plastic surgery,  and as part of their training are instructed on how to “let just one teardrop fall.”

The Chinese are catching on, producers on both sides say, as they also learn what content resonates most with Chinese audiences. According to producers, the show must be fast-paced, and if it is a drama, it should be a love story.

“Chinese people think the good dramas are ones with nonrealistic themes,” said Ma Xue, a cultural critic and producer. “All involve a Cinderella who falls in love with a prince.”

As for love, the expression of it is usually restrained. In “Star,” when the alien character, Do Min-Joon, and the star actress, Cheon Song-yi, even so much as kiss, Do Min-Joon falls violently ill.

According to the new regulations, which were issued in September, foreign television shows cannot constitute more than 30 percent of TV content on Chinese online video-streaming sites. In addition, all foreign television shows must be reviewed by censors before they can be streamed.

Korean production companies are still finding ways to take advantage of the fast-growing online market in China. HB Entertainment is partnering with a Chinese company to produce two new dramas similar to “Star” specifically for the Chinese market, one in Chinese and one in Korean with subtitles.

“China is a big part of our strategy now,” said Bomi Moon, head of the Korean company HB Entertainment, which recently opened a Beijing office. “Many Chinese companies want to work with Korean partners because we’re good at writing scripts.”

Whether this will result in a show as popular as “Star” has prompted much debate in China. During the annual session of the National People’s Congress last year, some members spent a full morning panel discussion bemoaning that China could not have made “Star.”

One high ranking Chinese politician, Wang Qishan, said he watched the show. “Actually, I have been wondering why Korean dramas have such a strong foothold in China,” he said, according to The Beijing News. “After watching I finally understood — Korean dramas are ahead of us.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/arts/television/chinas-love-affair-with-irresistible-korean-tv.html?_r=1&referrer=

Jeong Woo-seong VS Kim Soo-hyeon-I, all smiles photo615093.jpg

The VIP premiere of the movie "The Assassination" was held at COEX on the 20th. Jeong Woo-seong and Kim Soo-hyeon-I were there. "The Assassination" is about a group of assassins who were brought together for the eradication of pro-Japanese movements in the 1930s. The movie stars Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae, Ha Jeong-woo, Oh Dal-soo, Jo Jin-woong, Choi Deok-moon and other major stars. The movie releases on July 22nd.

photo615094.jpg

photo615095.jpg

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... Read more

http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-woo-seong-vs-kim-soo-hyeon-i-all-smiles-84605.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#$$nrtxbz&&2LizCC+DEeWPZwqKIICJFQ$$

Embedded image permalink

cto:

Buwahaha...ha.... it's so funny chingu @RachelleN. What more is interesting I watch the original drama kekeke.... This is so creative :) 

Jun Ji-hyun: “I know how I look. So I don’t mind my make-up.”

Jun Ji-hyun (image courtesy of Yonhap)

Seoul, July 21 (Korea Bizwire)-Recalling the time when Jun Ji-hyun(34) started to gain attention as a star actress, many would choose the film ‘The Thieves’, which was directed by Choi Dong-hoon and released in 2012.  

At a sly comment degrading her looks by asking if her pretty face was the result of plastic surgery, ‘Yenicall’ from ‘The Thieves’ shouts, “Do you know how hard it is to be born like this?” It was the perfect character for Jun Ji-hyun, and her acting was praised as well. 

As if she were saying thank-you to the director that gave her a new opportunity, Jun decided to star in director Choi’s next film, ‘Assassination’ even before the screenplay had been released.  

At a café in Samcheong-dong, the star said she was very confident and had no worries when she made the decision. 

“When I was shooting ‘The Thieves’, the chemistry between the director and I was really good. Likes and dislikes and even the parts that we weren’t sure about were mutual. Since we had an understanding, I felt great pleasure whenI was acting. Once when we were shooting, the director ran towards me and told me to act without breathing. I didn’t fully understand, but I did as he said. Afterwards, when I looked at the monitor to check my performance, I was surprised to see how effective his advice had been. That was a time when I had a new epiphany about acting.” 

The influenced she absorbed continued to show on her next film,’Berlin’(2012), directed by Ryu Seung-wan, and the drama that hit China as well as Korea, ‘A Man from Another Star’(2013). The positive appraisals that she received for those performances were huge helping hands on her recent film, Assassination. 

Jun Ji-hyun2

“I think confidence is more than half of what I need when I act. If I had starred in ‘Assassination’ before ‘Berlin’ and ‘A Man from Another Star’, there might have been a lot of pressure. I think the timing was right. You experience more as you age. Even if you play the same character in the same film, the way you express that character would be different last year and this year.” 

The character Jun Ji-hyun plays in ‘Assassination’ is more than a sniper fighting in an army for national independence. Her role is not that of a female character who spices up a film dominated bymale actors. In a movie that shows the lives of independence fighters that didn’t have a name, her character represents the whole independence army. 

“I really wanted to play that character well. It is a character that can seldom be seen in Korean films, and also an opportunity that doesn’t come along often. Actress Jun Ji-hyun shouldn’t be the weakness of the character.  

When I was preparing for the part of Ahn Ok-yoon, I told the director I would show my improvement. But when I started to study the character, there was so much that I didn’t know where to begin. So I narrowed it down. The events actually occurred in Korea, and the movie is adding fiction to that fact, so I focused on the history and facts and started to build up my character. Then I began to feel a bit more comfortable.” 

She also comments that she is happy with her life now that she can concentrate on acting.  

“There aren’t many things that a person can concentrate on. After all, we all do the same things starting from the moment we wake up, and among those things, how many can we really focus on? When I’m acting, I am so focused, and I don’t feel hunger or pain. It feels like the fact that I am concentrating on acting is my only pleasure in life. I think I became able to express more and get more positive feedback because I’m having fun and enjoying myselfas I act.” 

The first golden age of Jun Ji-hyun came in the early 2000s when the movie ‘My Sassy Girl’ (2001) was a huge hit, and the commercial where she danced to techno music became a cultural icon. 

Now, she just smiles and says she was young back then. 

“I had confidence then too, but I was so eager to do a good job, I didn’t even know whether I was doing it right or wrong.”

Between that period and the second golden era now, she didn’t have a piece that could count as something memorable. But she recalled that she wasn’t anxious at all.  

“I was in my mid 20s. People in their 20s are young. I knew that this was rather a start than an end. It was part of being an actress, and it was what I had to continue. I still have the same standards when it comes to choosing a role. I just choose what I want to do.” 

Jun Ji-hyun3

About her recent performances, she calmly states that she was just lucky to have such a huge success. 

She selected ‘Berlin’ as a piece that received positive feedback when it was the last thing she expected, and about ‘A Man from Another Star’, which is definitelythe role she is most known for now, she explains, “It was lucky for me to come across the drama. And I didn’t act, I was possessed by CheonSongi”. 

After ‘Happy Together’(1999), where Jun was featured in a supporting role, there was a 14-year gap before she starred in ‘A Man from Another Star’. 

“Did you know it was my first time being the main actress in a drama?” Her eyes twinkled. 

“Once I started, there was no coming back. I had some time on my hands after agreeing to star in ‘Assassination’. While director Choi was writing the scenario for ‘Assassination’, I came across the script. Writer Park Ji-eun had a good vibe, so I decided to do it. But once I started, it was so different from shooting movies. I was only sleeping properly once a week, and the scenes are shot as if it was a live show. I had no personal time.  

As it came to the end, the scripts were running late, and I hardly had time to practice my lines. Then I was just possessed by the character. And that character has a lot of lines. Everyone was worried that I would forget the lines and have to cut. But I could see the script floating around in my head. It really felt as if I were CheonSongi.”(laughs) 

Mid-thirties can be hard times for actresses. But Jun was comfortable with comedic scenes in ‘A Man from Another Star’, as well as the action in’Assassination’, and as she was acting, she didn’t mind her appearance.

“I’m not in my 20s anymore.  

And people know what I look like. Also, people who lived during the time of ‘Assassination’ wouldn’t have had much makeup on. (laughs) I was worried, but you can’t act freely once you start to think about so many things. I had to throw away my thoughts so that I could act decently, expressing a fine character, and pleasing the people who saw the film.” 

Jun got married around the same time that she started to show a change in her development as an actress. Some say marriage has brought her stability and helped her to be a better actress. But she says that she was a positive soul way before her marriage and hasn’t changed because of it.  

“I think people seem to be more generous to me after I got married. There used to be people that thought I’m a ‘star’ rather than an ‘actress’. I just think they had high standards. But I guess that some people see me changed after my marriage more than me.” 

When asked what it was like to live as an actress, she replied that she only needs to be ‘special in front of the camera’, and had pretty much the same life as everyone else as a wife.  

“I guess I had way too many thoughts when I was young. I thought I was special, or sometimes I thought the world around me was trivial. Now, I think that I only have to be special in front of the camera. I’m the same as everyone else at home. I do things all by myself. I’m quite industrious so I keep doing something at home. I know exactly where everything is.” 

http://koreabizwire.com/jun-ji-hyun-i-know-how-i-look-so-i-dont-mind-my-make-up/38935#respond

Stars stars stars............

Embedded image permalink

CKfqR2LUkAAefq6.jpg

CKfrqNPVEAUb2n3.jpg

CKfrqsTUkAE4d1y.jpg

CKfrdmFUMAA5jy6.jpg

CKfrd-8UcAAeZiU.jpg

CKfrqgDUsAAHXRr.jpg

CKfrdoiUEAAHAnh.jpg

Indeed the story of these two was written in the star.

cto:

Hi chingu I guess most of you knew about JJH's pregnancy new. The biggest-nightmare is here. Lol. I was shaking when RachelleN told me. And my mind totally went blank. I've have an experienced in shipping a Filipino couple before. Does it hurt this time? Yes! Of course. I'm sad yet I'm happy for her. Yes I am that bipolar, right now I can happily accept the news, I just need 30 minutes to be okay. LOL

Been here for more than a year. I guess the old members knew how difficult it was. I know this news will eventually came. I know shipping them is wrong. I feel like I'm loving a drug addict, when the family and the whole world would like me to stop. But I just can't help but to keep n loving them. People hate us for existing. And I know some people will laugh at us right now. Some people will be  happy not because of JJH's pregnancy but they are happy we are sad. But I don't mind, as long as I have you guys I don't care what others say.

Yes, all this while I'm still following this thread. I can be hiatus for years, but my heart won't. 

I'm so much thankful for the experience in shipping Jericho Rosales and Kristine Hermosa before. I taught me A LOT. Yes, I'm giving up on them but this time that experience made me stronger and I WILL NEVER STOP shipping Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun.

I told myself before that even though everyone in this ship even uri President will leave, I can forseen that I will always stay here in bad or good time. This is the future that I've seen. With JJH's pregnancy news, Red is still here. And I guess when the news about KSH's dating, Red will always stay. I guess, no matter how much this heart getting hurt, Red can never be stop. Can you see how much I really love them? Yes, all this time I'm struggle to move on yet, my heart still keep on loving this two people. Kim Soo Hyun and Jun Ji Hyun.  

So chingu. I know you are sad but don't worry that feeling will go away. Time heals almost everything. Trust me. We just need time. I said this based of my experience. Let's pray for JJH and KSH happiness. This is not the end chingu. I will be on another long hiatus again this time. My heart needs time too.

Thank you so much chingu. Congrats to JJH and husbanned and also for JJH's fan who had been waiting this news.  I bet the baby will be so beautiful. So, chingu if you want to still ship them, if you are truly love them. Don't talk bad about the people around them. There's no point, it will just bring a temporary happiness to us. "If you love someone, you let them go."

Cheers chingu. 

I'm redspider and still a proud shipper of KSH-JJH. :wub:

There is one article mention that JJH actually turn down the offer of MLFTS. But KSH refused and the directer refused to give up on her. I don't know about you all chingu...but let's learn from KSH... 

With this the most bitter sweet news, I would like to say RED REFUSED TO GIVE UP too. How can you give up on someone that you loved right?

Takecare chingu. Please don't forget me Redspider! Peace yoooo. :)

Hi yall!! I know jjh' pregnancy isn't at the very top of our "news we want to hear" list. It's okay to be a little upset. We are entitled to our own feelings:) don't feel bad. It's okay to be delusional. Really. 

think about how sweet ksh (as if he wasn't already before) will be to her especially now she is with child and is all vulnerable and precious<3 

i do hope that jjh will still attend whatever Chinese talent show that she's suppose to be on? I mean that is really the last time we can see 2 hyun together:))) 

also the other half of our ship is also facing some problems of his own. If you all haven't already know, news broke that he has a half sister. It may not be the truth but his 'sister is trying to use her so called relationship with ksh to gain attention as she dreams of becoming an artist. It may not be the truth but it could be... Just saying.  .. Imagine how upsetting it is.

Hi yall!! I know jjh' pregnancy isn't at the very top of our "news we want to hear" list. It's okay to be a little upset. We are entitled to our own feelings:) don't feel bad. It's okay to be delusional. Really. 

think about how sweet ksh (as if he wasn't already before) will be to her especially now she is with child and is all vulnerable and precious<3 

i do hope that jjh will still attend whatever Chinese talent show that she's suppose to be on? I mean that is really the last time we can see 2 hyun together:))) 

I'm happy for JJH and I love her so much as much as i love KSH. Yet my heart  still goes for Hyunhyun. There's no turning back.

Gotten really pissed reading one comment from the alkpop article of ksh. Grownups with the mindset of a twelve year old. I feel sorry for that one particular commentator.