DAESANG COUPLE 2014: Jun Ji Hyun/Cheon Song Yi/Yenicall ♥ Kim Soo Hyun/Do Min Joon/Zampano

Guest safiresea

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Source: @stars88jo

Korea "Entertainment Weekly" China version "Stars from Korea" episode 3 will invite Kim Soo Hyun as guest and he will also reply fans question through "Flitto". Fans can ask in Chinese and English and with "Flitto" it can translate very fast to Korean to the stars.
This program will be telecast on next Friday 24th July 2015 which is Kim Soo Hyun's 8th anniversary via Sohu.tv
News link: http://www.yule.com.cn/html/201507/5011.html

Sohu TV link: http://m.tv.sohu.com/album/s9029846.shtml

\

Guest MrsKimJiHyun

any update or news about them? miss them soo much..11760139_458033297707256_519571006285180

why this words bothers me.. hmmm.. i smll something..

Guest hyun2hyun

any update or news about them? miss them soo much..11760139_458033297707256_519571006285180

I'm still stoopid on using IG but is that him saying "miss u" or is that from an fan?

Guest rochellovesJJHandKSH

KSH probably misses someone...he misses working with her, talking and laughing together...

We too oppa we misses both of you to work together were dying to see you both again on screen...:(

I don't wanna spoil the mood, okay chingus? But to me it looks like he temporarily left his phone for a bathroom break or something, and then somebody messed with it. LOL. 

Anyways, looking forward to tomorrow's Assassination VIP Premiere!!! :D 

Guest noctlight_stv

I'm still stoopid on using IG but is that him saying "miss u" or is that from an fan?

Hi new member of soompi here. And idk how this works. I actually made an account in order

to reply to this so you guys wont have your hopes up. That is actually a fan comment.

kim soo hyun's username comes with a capital K but that one is a small k and obviously a

different account if you click the user. 

Anyway I AM A HUGE HYUNHYUN FAN AND I MISS THEM A LOOOT. AND ALWAYS

VISITS THIS FORUM. THANKS FOR MAKING THIS FORUM UP!

and also i have a tumblr. Ssasakii and i see some of my mlfts/hyunhyun edits here and just wanna thank you

for sharing. Hehe. 

The Story about Coincidence

This is a story of a boy from the past (2013), promoting his movie entitled Secretly Greatly, and a girl from the future (2015), promoting her movie Assassination.

11748602_10205783164150640_795479193_n.j

Same pose, same motif, same hue.

11758933_10205783214671903_1398668218_n.

Thom Browne suit.

THE END.

Red is so happy. Man from the stars is here to support his sweetheart for Assassination. Arghhh shippers' feels :wub:

Try not to be too excited but I can't help. Enjoy this day while it lasts my awesome co-shippers! Wehoooooooo.

Guest rochellovesJJHandKSH

Omg omg the VIP premier i just want to cry seeing kim soo hyun there to support her love my gosh why i got tears on my eyes....he is so happy on the pictures and again the black and white on there outfit 

11752523_908498172542623_506274791132183

This is the story of when the boy from the past meets the girl from the future...

BLACK and WHITE...

11780488_10205787963110611_449924867_n.j

Both were happy. 

Especially him...

11780659_10205787963630624_1836847525_n.

He walked in like he owned the night. She owned the night. They owned the night.

11711702_10205784236697453_1392087421_n.

THE END.

Guest KJlovestars111

:PLove the shirt! Man from the star shines brighter than stars coming to support his best Songyi!:wub::D

China’s Love Affair With Irresistible Korean TV

By AMY QIN
JULY 20, 2015

BEIJING — China’s obsession with a South Korean television show about a 400-year-old Harvard-educated alien who falls in love with an arrogant actress reached such a frenzy last year that online streaming companies here began racing to snap up licensing rights for other South Korean television programs, inflating their prices almost tenfold.

Then China’s entertainment regulators stepped in, imposing greater limits on foreign television content as part of a broader campaign to rein in China’s fast-growing market for online video, which has become a popular alternative to Chinese broadcast television. (According to official statistics, there were 433 million viewers of online video — TV shows included — in China by the end of 2014, making it the largest streaming market in the world.) Many in the online video industry in China suspect the new guidelines were issued at least partly because of the popularity of “My Love From Another Star.”

Faced with the limits, popular streaming websites like Sohu, iQiyi and Youku want to develop their own Korean-inspired content to sate the country’s appetite for the programming, part of a broader fascination with Korean popular culture. That has meant trying to tap into South Korea’s secret sauce — the magic formula that has turned the country into a pop-culture juggernaut that churns out viral exports like the singer and rapper Psy, the singer Rain and hits like “My Love From Another Star.”

“We share the same culture and cherish similar social values,” said Sophie Yu, director of international communications for iQiyi, the online video streaming website affiliated with the search giant Baidu. “So Korean content naturally is easy to be understood and accepted by the Chinese audience.”

For Chinese companies, part of the strategy includes making Chinese versions of popular South Korean fare, particularly variety and reality shows. Some of the hottest Chinese programs, like Zhejiang Television’s game-variety show “Running Man” and Hunan Television’s reality show “Where Are We Going, Dad?,” were based on South Korean formats. Nearly all of China’s top online video websites have signed agreements with South Korean television stations and production companies to co-produce television shows tailored for Chinese audiences.

But after the success of “My Love From Another Star,” Chinese companies are setting their sights higher. Millions of viewers in China last year tuned in to watch the 21-episode mini-series, which originally aired on the Seoul Broadcasting System, a leading South Korean network.

The show ignited a nationwide frenzy. Fans were hospitalized for binge-eating fried chicken and beer (the star actress’s favorite food on the show), and even the first lady of China, Peng Liyuan, became swept up in the fever. She was quoted by the state-run People’s Daily commenting on the physical resemblance between the lead actor, an extraterrestrial heartthrob with a mop of jet-black hair, and her husband, President Xi Jinping, in his younger years.

The target audience for dramas like “Star,” as is it known, consists mostly of women in their teens to early 40s who prefer to watch shows known as naocanju, or “brain-dead dramas,” instead of popular series from the United States, like “Game of Thrones” and “House of Cards.”

Maggie Xiong, senior director of international acquisitions at Youku, the streaming service, said the show “brought Korean content to the mainstream.” It was streamed more than 2.5 billion times in the first three months after its premiere in December 2013.

“ ‘My Love From Another Star’ was a very exceptional show, just like ‘Friends’ in the 1990s and early 2000s,” said Grace Guan, who manages Sohu’s Korean content strategy. “We would all love to make a show like that, but there are so many elements involved.”

For years, entertainment industry observers in China have sought to explain Korean television’s foothold in China. They say it comes down to packaging.

“The Koreans continue to do well because of the details,” said Fan Xiaojing, a Chinese journalist and long-term analyst of the Korean entertainment industry. “China just can’t capture the romance.”

Unlike in China, where experts say up to 70 percent of a production’s budget can be spent on actors’ salaries, both Korean and Chinese producers say that Korean shows tend to spend more on production sets and screenwriters, avoiding fake props, brands and backdrops in favor of the real things. And since in Korea shows are broadcast soon after they are filmed, scriptwriters and directors can get feedback quickly, allowing them to make tweaks according to audience demands.

Actors in Korea are also groomed from a young age and taught how to walk and dress, said Ms. Guan, who previously worked at an artists’ management agency in Seoul. They are taken in for plastic surgery,  and as part of their training are instructed on how to “let just one teardrop fall.”

The Chinese are catching on, producers on both sides say, as they also learn what content resonates most with Chinese audiences. According to producers, the show must be fast-paced, and if it is a drama, it should be a love story.

“Chinese people think the good dramas are ones with nonrealistic themes,” said Ma Xue, a cultural critic and producer. “All involve a Cinderella who falls in love with a prince.”

As for love, the expression of it is usually restrained. In “Star,” when the alien character, Do Min-Joon, and the star actress, Cheon Song-yi, even so much as kiss, Do Min-Joon falls violently ill.

According to the new regulations, which were issued in September, foreign television shows cannot constitute more than 30 percent of TV content on Chinese online video-streaming sites. In addition, all foreign television shows must be reviewed by censors before they can be streamed.

Korean production companies are still finding ways to take advantage of the fast-growing online market in China. HB Entertainment is partnering with a Chinese company to produce two new dramas similar to “Star” specifically for the Chinese market, one in Chinese and one in Korean with subtitles.

“China is a big part of our strategy now,” said Bomi Moon, head of the Korean company HB Entertainment, which recently opened a Beijing office. “Many Chinese companies want to work with Korean partners because we’re good at writing scripts.”

Whether this will result in a show as popular as “Star” has prompted much debate in China. During the annual session of the National People’s Congress last year, some members spent a full morning panel discussion bemoaning that China could not have made “Star.”

One high ranking Chinese politician, Wang Qishan, said he watched the show. “Actually, I have been wondering why Korean dramas have such a strong foothold in China,” he said, according to The Beijing News. “After watching I finally understood — Korean dramas are ahead of us.”

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/07/21/arts/television/chinas-love-affair-with-irresistible-korean-tv.html?_r=1&referrer=

Jeong Woo-seong VS Kim Soo-hyeon-I, all smiles photo615093.jpg

The VIP premiere of the movie "The Assassination" was held at COEX on the 20th. Jeong Woo-seong and Kim Soo-hyeon-I were there. "The Assassination" is about a group of assassins who were brought together for the eradication of pro-Japanese movements in the 1930s. The movie stars Jeon Ji-hyeon, Lee Jeong-jae, Ha Jeong-woo, Oh Dal-soo, Jo Jin-woong, Choi Deok-moon and other major stars. The movie releases on July 22nd.

photo615094.jpg

photo615095.jpg

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v... Read more

http://www.hancinema.net/jeong-woo-seong-vs-kim-soo-hyeon-i-all-smiles-84605.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#$$nrtxbz&&2LizCC+DEeWPZwqKIICJFQ$$

Archived