[Drama 2014] It's Okay, That's Love 괜찮아, 사랑이야

Guest sunshine4ever

Lee Kwang Soo confirmed for new SBS drama 'It's Okay, That's Love'
Lee-Kwang-Soo_1395020346_af_org.jpg

Lee Kwang Soo has been confirmed to be joining EXO's D.O in the new SBS drama 'It's Okay, That's Love'!
Lee Kwang Soo will be playing the role of Park Soo Kwang who has Tourette's syndrome. 
The drama is the work of writer Noh Hee Kyung and director Kim Kyu Tae, the same team that created the masterpiece that was 'Wind Blows in Winter'. The drama is a romantic mental clinic drama that tells the story of people who live with mental disabilities.
The drama is a romantic mental clinic drama that tells the story of people who live with mental disabilities, but do not know it themselves. He said, "I'm happy and thankful that I get to work with amazing people. I'll prepare well so I can give people happiness and touch their hearts. I'll do my best, so please look forward to it."
allkpop

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jo In Sung, Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Kwang Soo are confirmed for new drama 'It's Ok, It's Love'
drama.jpg

SBS' new drama "It's Ok, It's Love" revealed the confirmed cast including Jo In Sung, Gong Hyo Jin, Lee Kwang Soo, EXO's D.O, Sung Dong Il. 
"It's Ok, It's Love" which is written by scriptwriter Noh Hee Kyung and directed by Kim Gyu Tae, is a drama about modern people living their daily lives without noticing their mental diseases. 
Jo In Sung will play Jang Jae Yeol who is a perfect presentation of a charisma and romantic man, he works as a popular mystery novelist and also a radio DJ. Gong Hyo Jin as Ji Hae Soo is a psychiatrist who is very passionate with her work and always sympathizes with patients. 
Sung Dong Il will take te role as Jo Dong Min who is also a psychiatrist and he is Ji Hae Soo's first love. Lee Kwang Soo as a Park Soo Kwang who works ar a cafe and suffered from Tourette syndrome. D.O will make his first debut on screen by playing Han Kang Woo who is a mystery high school student and will take an important role in the drama. 
"It's Ok , It's Love" will start filming in mid-April and will be broadcast in July after "Three Days" and "You're Surrounded" end.
dkpopnews

nancykimlee said: With confirmations from the leads and others, I'm officially excited! Agree with @orangeprincess18. Gong Hyo Jin is an amazing actress with great range and versatility and a uniqueness to her. It also helps that she can manage chemistry with just about anyone. I first saw her in Star Biscuit, Teacher Candy and loved her ever since. I'll be rooting for her and Jo In Sung which btw, will make a lovely pair :) 
@etchan So true. SBS is on a roll securing solid dramas and casts because everyone here is so likable and awesome. 

Guest cassia_lela

Thank u Starix for updating the first post.

Oh, so first GHJ's character is ji hye soo, but later it is ji hae soo... That's why in dc, unni corrected her character's name

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: 400; line-height: 1.4em; font-size: 26px; vertical-align: baseline; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; visibility: visible; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jo In Sung, Gong Hyo Jin, and Lee Kwang Soo Confirmed for Noh Hee Kyung’s New Summer Drama
jo-in-sung-gong-hyo-jin-lee-kwang-soo-d.

They have finally been confirmed! Jo In Sung, Gong Hyo Jin, and Lee Kwang Soo have all signed on to the already highly anticipated drama, ”It’s Okay, It’s Love“ (working title). Actor Sung Dong Il and EXO‘s D.O. were previously confirmed.

“It’s Okay, It’s Love” will be the first Korean psychiatric drama. It will portray the reality of the lives and love of modern day people who live with psychological burdens. It will attempt to give an honest and serious answer to the question, “What do you do when your heart gets a cold, or gets cancer, or gets diabetes?”

Jo In Sung will play the male lead role of Jang Jae Yeol, a mystery writer and a radio DJ who suffers from obsessive-compulsive neurosis. He will be working once again with Noh Hee Kyung, the writer and Kim Kyu Tae, the director behind “That Winter, The Wind Blows.”

Gong Hyo Jin will play the lead female character of Ji Hye Soo, a first year fellow in the psychiatric department at a university hospital. She chooses psychiatry for the appeal of not having to work overtime at night and not having to conduct any surgeries. However, her life changes after she meets Jang Jae Yeol. The last time Gong Hyo Jin worked with Noh Hee Kyung was 13 years ago.

Sung Dong Il will play Ji Hye Soo’s first love, Jo Dong Min, who is also her sunbae in the hospital.

Lee Kwang Soo takes on the role of Park Soo Kwang who has Tourette syndrome, which is an inherited neuropsychiatric disorder that involve repetitive, non rhythmic movements – also known as tics . However, past research noted that individuals with the syndrome are unusually gifted on timed tests of motor coordination.

D.O. is cast in the role of Han Kang Woo, a high school student aspiring to be a best-selling writer to make his mother happy. He is also a fan of Jang Jae Yeol. Han Kang Woo is a mysterious character who will have a large influence on the development of the drama with his innocence.

“It’s Okay, It’s Love” is slated to air in July on SBS after “You’re Surrounded,” which follows “Three Days.”

Soompi

SBS drama reveals big stars

17203533.jpg
After a long casting process, SBS finally announced yesterday the lineup of actors who will star in its coming drama “It’s Okay, It’s Love.”

The new series has attracted much of the industry’s attention because of its high-profile production team and cast.

Leading the series will be 32-year-old actor Zo In-sung, who most recently starred in “That Winter, the Wind Blows,” and 33-year-old actress Kong Hyo-jin, from SBS’s “Master’s Sun” (2013). 

Over the past decade, the two celebrities have become beloved icons of Korean dramas, acting in many of the biggest hits and becoming stars around Asia.

SBS said that “It’s Okay, It’s Love” will be a light romantic comedy, with Kong playing a psychiatrist who falls in love with a novelist, played by Zo. The broadcaster said that the show will depict the humorous struggles of characters trying to overcome some minor anxiety disorders. 

Kong emerged as the “queen of rom-com” through the 2003 drama “Sang-doo, Let’s Go to School!” which she starred in with singer and actor Jung Ji-hoon, better known by his stage name Rain. 

Recently, the actress has enjoyed a string of hits and acclaimed performances, including the MBC dramas “Pasta” (2010) and “The Greatest Love” (2011), as well as “Master’s Sun.”

“I decided to join ‘It’s Okay’ because I have trust in writer Noh Hee-kyung. Actually, the first TV drama that I appeared on was the 2001 drama ‘Good Old Days,’ which was written by Noh,” said Kong yesterday through a press release.

The actress noted that there was one other reason that led her to join the new drama. 

“Contrary to the popular practice in the Korean drama industry, quite a lot of scenes for the new drama will be filmed prior to the airing in July,” said Kong. “That will certainly give the actors time to interpret the characters more extensively. Also, the production team will be able to come up with a higher quality drama.” 

As for Zo, he said he was also excited to reunite with Noh, who wrote “That Winter, The Wind Blows.”

In addition, rising K-pop star Do Kyung-soo, better known as D.O. from the boy band EXO, will make his TV drama debut on the series, playing a school boy who idolizes Zo’s novelist character.

“It’s Okay, It’s Love” is slated to begin airing in July. 

BY Kim Hee-eun, CONTRIBUTING WRITER [estyle@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdaily

If this one is really going to RomCom land, as per above mentioned/written  by article... yes! i am so in....
One can never make a mistake in casting Gong Hyo Jin in RomCom.. Yes she can also do melo but RomCom is her niche no doubt about it... so yup, I totally agree, she is the QUEEN of ROMCOM!!!
Okay this is gonna be a weird ramble.. but let me just say first omygashness.... OMYGASH! OHMYGOODNESS! SO GOOD!Jo In Sung and Gong HyoJin.. I didn't want to say and post anything until it was finalized but I was crossing all fingers, mine and those everyone around me, for this to come true...and yes! Yes! YESSssssszzzzzzz!
Jo In sung and Gong Hyo Jin!!! So so so Excited. this will be an epic match! Wuri Jo In sung and Gong Hyo Jin!!!
I mean how much was the chance for melo and serious drama man Jo In sung to pick a light romcom show... close to none... okay maybe 25%... or as close as So ji Sub did.... and hahaha! Okay this two, SJS and JIS, are just my leading men fixtures of melo shows. it never occurred to me they would ever dip a finger, much less whole body (body Gag included) into romcom.. but now Jo In Sung is... as So ji Sub did first... 
I knew if there was one person who can lure these melo leading men to romcom world it was Gong Hyo Jin..... She is the Queen of RomCom after all!
First there was So Ji Sub: from his somber melos, she lured him with her touchy ways and innuendos until they melted and giggled me to everlasting love... okay scratch that, if luring to romcom is Gong Hyo Jin's thing as the queen of Romcom, then I need to set this straight from the beginning, cause SJS was not the first.
The First was Rain: From his dancing singing career with abs and awesomeness extraordinaire, she lured him to be Sangdoo -- a properly awesome, quirky and loveable student in SangDoo let's go to school. I still have pictures of Rain in my head as the a student wooing his first love teacher. I still love it....
Then she schooled another star in the form of Gong Yoo about the art in being swoon worthy while at the same time being Jjang super irresistible awesome yet cute and funny in Hello my teacher! Gong Yoo! Jjang! Jjang! JJANG!Then there was 'the voice' Sun kyun who was awesome on his own but then Pasta came and 'Yes Chef' has been a very deliciously bossy funny giddy worthy fun ever since.Then, there was Cha Seung Won who may have given a good fight to maintain his badass persona but got whipped and cuddled by Her in her Best Love until he was like those pet-potatoes they raised... I mean, who would think to kill those much more who would do that do Dokko Jin, he is too crazy and adorble singing his 'heartbreak' Gdragon style?
Then Of course So Ji Sub,  who followed her like the sun and has since made all types and shapes of loyal SHIP. With the sailing hearts a flutter with his teloscopey and shelter touchy ways!
And now Jo in Sung! yes now it is Jo In Sung!!! wuri heart wrenching tear jerker leading man Jo In sung... I just can't imagine how and why they will make him do some romcom stuff but I just want to say yay Yay  Yay! I am all for it by all parts, angles and sides of the world that I'll be singing!!!Drama-ye-Gods are GOOD!

okay, I know I need to calm down, cause knowing Noh Hee Kyung, she may as well have a differnt way to define light romcom... so I need to set a realistic expectation... cause with her, "light romcom" would really be "feather light" to actually being light melo in my standards.... with her I just can feel that there would be some melos -- deep melo somewhere from the middle to end of this show... 
but still I am up for however RomCom she might write you... light or otherwise. I'll take what I can get.
With jo In sung and gong Hyo jin.. I am all ears, eyes and senses, even the sixth sense! So if and when we dip to some melo waters I'll be along the ride as well!
So romcom with Jo in Sung and Go Hyo Jin, come!  Hit me with your best shot!
Whatever the genre, I just know I will love it!

class="post-title" style="margin: 0px 0px 5px; padding: 0px; line-height: 30px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-size: 20px !important;"Actress Gong Hyo Jin to star in the new SBS drama “It’s Okay, That’s Love”

20140317104822096.jpg

Master’s Sun actress comes back after a year in the new SBS drama It’s Okay, That’s Love.

Last year, Gong Hyo Jin was casted in the SBS drama Master’s Sun where she played as Tae Kong Sil, a woman who was able to see and hear ghosts. This year, she will be casted in the new SBS drama It’s Okay, That’s Love as Ji Hae Soo, a first year fellow in the psychiatric department in a university hospital.

The drama’s screenwriter, No Hee Kyung worked with actress Gong Hyo Jin in the 2001 drama Beautiful Days. After 13 long years, No Hee Kyung decided to collaborate again with the actress in her story It’s Okay, That’s Love. Gong Hyo Jin shared, “I debuted in No Hee Kyung’s 2001 drama ‘Beautiful Days’ and I am really thankful to her for casting me again in her new drama,” and she added, “As an actress, I also desire for a chic character and when the drama was offered to me, I found it interesting and accepted it without hesitation.”

Gong Hyo Jin added, “The production team really works hard to create a wonderful drama. We, the actors, will also give our best efforts to make this drama successful. Our preparations are already made. We try to immerse ourselves to the characters so that we can show you a great performance.”

It’s Okay, That’s Love will premiere in July 2014.

credit koreandrama

More write up on the drama!!! and yes yes yes!!! I think I can't say that enough with this drama!
Jo In-sung and gong Hyo-jin confirmed for Noh Heekyung's upcoming drama it's okay it's love
3usg.jpg
7a1h.jpg

drama.jpg
m9i5.jpg

credit koalasplayground

And that character description of DOng Il Appa (yup I call him Appa that is because it's who he is for the past year of me watching DWAYG) is just good, so complicated and human. Finally characters and roles that Dong Il appa has been waiting for, roles that aren't 2nd fiddle of side kick or gang member to the male lead... I think since last year, SDI is really having a progress in his career... JOJ live in love, Answer me series, Gapdong and this! Jjang! I just know he is gonna ace this!

I am all offecial windblower ! I am a big fan of last year great drama That winter the wind blows .. such a masterpiece with great quality in everything ! 
Now with long legs oppa again ;) \:D/  I am so happy ,,,, adding other LONG legs oppa Kwang SOO  :x :x   I can not wait to watch this one .. 
and as many said , I am saying the same , Thanks SBS ! 
Since That winter the wind blows and I have been fan of each wed-thud SBS drama !! I am recalling them ALL :D

Guest sakura11111

Romatic-Comedy will be bck on SBS after 3 days and You're all surrounded, both are actions, revenge kind of genre. I think this one will be light-hearted and easy to follow story line with amazing acting fr all those great casts. I m anticipating a lot for this drama. Since the writer also want to produce quality drama by filming early than set-to-air date which is around July, that's super good for actors to express their characters naturally to the viewers.

Guest heeltoe22.

Hyo Jin unnie in posh chic! High status professional!! SO Very Yes! Passionate and Confident! I can't wait!!!Hit it out the park! Awesome woman!

Guest cassia_lela

read the koalaplayground, the writer wrote that JIS and GHJ will meet as a guest on a TV Program first, hohoho... can't imagine the scenes =)) will they fall in love at first sight? :))

Archived