[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

stervamerzkaya0 said: briseis said: I 'm not here to argue about good/bad reviewers nor do I want to trun this friendly thread into a place of quarrel. It's not bashing if you are stating your opinion in a constructive way. She stated her opinion about the drama and I stated mine about her review of it which is as much subjective as is hers. I don't agree with her opinion which is positive only in the way she praises the actors and cast but sees the actual story and the topic of the huge age gap and extramarrital relations as something not fit for TV, something difficult to understand. I'm not bashing her when I say she seems to live under some preconceived notions that there are only older single women who are involved in a relationship with much younger man. These are stories that happen quite often, many people and couple experience these problems and situation in the real world, that's what I so like about this drama that it isn't afraid to show the less known or publicized side of the life. We live in an era where almost every second marriage ends in divorce, yet it is something that is rarely shown in Kdramaland where everyone seems to end up with his/her first love, marry him/her and live happily ever after.

Guest Eloo Dpx

Hello guys !! I'm back from work~
I'm sorry I could reply to you sooner T.TI'm enjoying so much this thread it makes me feel guilty every time I'm not here ! lol

@briseis : OMG ! The photos you posted on page 36 are so beautiful ! *-* Natural & Classy ! I love !
About the kiss : I hope in episode 3 or 4 (I think more about episode 4 because they seem to made preview mix between 2 episodes every time...)Still, I would be very grateful to the director to let this happen (but not just one time until the last episode... You know what I mean ! lol)
About your argue : I think morality in this way is not a problem for both of the character since in Episode 1 we know what the husband thinks of Hye Won (phonecall recorded) but it's a problem on the outside. I don't think it's right to dumb his/her fiancee BUT in Korea, 2/3 men have already dumb his wives at least 1 time. A korean friends told me that a long time ago... So talking about morality in Korea... It makes me laugh ! :D

Guest Eloo Dpx

@NovitaP : Bless you ! LOL
The photos are amazing ! They seem to be very good 'friends' as actors ! I looooove the middle one ! *-*So cute together. KHA is absolutely gorgeous ! *-*
@jreal : You too ! Thanks for the sharing :D They are amazingly beautiful (and I suppose : very HAPPY ! )

Guest uburoi

I think the main difference of opinion is how we percieve these writers (and of course how they identify themselves). If you think they are just simple bloggers  - or position themselves as that - expressing their opinion, than anything goes. If they are even semi-professional reviewers, than there are certain responsibilities, all depends on the medium. DB is just a giant fansite, with fans writing for each other, so I don't think you can apply regular critical standards there.
But all of this review-talk is veering into off topic territory.

On a diferent note, there was another press conference today. I've never thought the show would get this much attention.

139565232439_1_181311.jpg
cr joynews

@stervamerzkaya0 and the others, I'm sorry if what supposed to be my rambles and feelings make you upset. I didn't mean to bash anyone, just shared my feeling with friends here in this forum. I already said that those are their opinions (and I have mine), and already put it to an end by saying Some Will, Some Won't, So What. I respect your views and I won't argue with it. I won't talk about opinions anymore here and will just enjoy the show together with you all :) Thanks!

briseis said:

With the ever-growing popularity of SLA YAI is getting more and more attention from the media. They is a new interview where he discusses the success of the drama and his acting. Can anyone some it us for us who can't read Korean? Thank you so much advance.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700210&g_serial=811148

http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01521926606026600&DCD=A10102

ga6F9b8.jpg488uUjf.jpgpkjNL0t.jpg

source: news24

ocdee said: I think it's because alot of people don't look to kdramas expecting to be challenged like this. People just wanna ship easily and enjoy the romance guilt-free. Which is fine. If you want a guilt-free shipping experience, there's plenty of kdrama out there for you. I'm not here for that. I'm here for a story first and foremost, that doesn't shy away frm the ugliness and the messiness of life and love.  And I suspect another reason why this drama is getting so much flak is that the protagonist is a WOMAN. If the genders were reversed, people wouldn't bat an eyelash. People are a heck of lot more forgiving to men who behave badly (how many jerk male leads do we squee over?!), but as soon as it's a woman who behaves like a person with flaws, needs, desires, and acts questionably as HUMAN BEINGS do, bring out the pitchforks.  

i wasnt aware that this kind of discussion was running wild in the forum!
I looked at the DB review, the reviewer is not even sure she will continue to follow SLA till the end , so for me that she liked  it or hate it , itss really a subjective opinion, she is free to do so, but its an incomplete one therefore i dont take it that seriousely, i prefer much to read reviews of people who are commited to the drama till the end like it or not.
And since when morality was an issue in asian dramas in general? like really, a close look at asian dramas and you will find zillions of forbidden subjects, that we adhere to them or not was never an issue, at least for me, i watch the drama, enjoy it if the actors are good, and fandoming as usual!
Adultary is a bad thing we all know, i personnally would never do it under any circonstances, but hello, people do cheat and a lot in real life, dramas are just a  reflection of that,specially in the korean society where cheating is a huge part of the high rate of divorce ; should we bann a drama because its immoral, thats silly then we should bann videogames because its preaching violence, we should bann McDOnalds because of its bad food!
I advise the fans in here to just keep watching and enjoying the SLAt and maybe refrain from posting those kind of reviews who are not really serious!!!

PS: The new pics are hot , they make such a nice couple, we should never forget why we watch this drama !

I see that the review from DB is causing quite the heated discussion in our lovely thread so I guess I'll put my two cents in. DB and all the blogs that review dramas are nothing more than places where ordinary fans just like us express their personal opinion on the show so I've stopped caring too much about those. I don't think there's any reason for us to argue about how right or wrong a certain review is so I suggest we take the reviews for SLA just as another point of view without any judgement about how qualified the author/s is/are and just enjoy the story :).

P.S. My all time favorite drama got dismissed as boring by DB but that doesn't change the way I feel one bit :)

Guest uburoi

Yoo Ah In Says ‘Secret Love Affair’ Helped Him Get Rid of Negative Comments

CJ E&M enewsWorld An So Hyoun

2014-03-24 17:57

Yoo Ah In expressed his satisfaction regarding his newest drama Secret Love Affair.

During press conference for JTBC’s Secret Love Affair on March 24, Yoo Ah In started by saying, “I keep going back to the perspective of the viewers.”

61803002.jpg

btn_viewLarger.png

He said, “I think about what the viewers would like to see from actor Yoo Ah In and what kind of drama they would like to see. In that sense, Secret Love Affair is a satisfactory drama. I can’t put down my previous dramas, but I thought, ‘What I’ve been waiting is finally here.’”

“I think this drama might allow the viewers think, ‘Yoo Ah In has that kind of charm?’ or ‘He’s not just pretentious,” he added. “I’ve been quenching my thirst for acting. My fans and I have been sad, as my previous dramas weren’t so successful. That’s when I met Secret Love Affair. I’ve been struggling with many negative comments recently, but they have been going away. I learned that an actor has to communicate through acting.”

Photo credit: JTBC

source: http://m.enewsworld.interest.me/news/news_view.asp?nsID=61803

PS. I've been reading back and there was some interest in a Kim Hee Ae thread. Should I start one? I tend to update some underappreciated actresses' threads anyway.

HW's husband in his car, cleaning his hand after seeing SJ's modest home while SJ's friend come to visit him. SJ is taking care of HW's foot in the bathrooom while they come but he throws them out before they spot HW and while he is at the doors he rearranges neatly HW's shoes. Sweet, SJ says sorry fot what happened, HW isn't angry she thinks it's funny. WHile HW washes her her foot SJ can't terar his gaze from her bare skin. Clearly aroused by the sight. SJ tells HW to go because her husband is waiting out there and he tells her she is her teacher she tells him it is her husband but he argues it was decided from the moment they met.Edit1: SJ tells HW how she inspired him and made him enjoy the piano and she is touched, then she leaves. SJ'S family is curious who was visiting SJ but he doesn't want to talk to them about it and goes to chat to his "Hyung" only telling "hi" about his meeting with HW. she asks who was it and he tells her it was OH Hye Won, she is shocked and happy by the suprise. SHe realises it's him, she connects the dots about the injury and all.SHe keeps asking question what he thinks about her, he tells her about her foot, he even tells her she smelled nice, she asks how and he asnwers like a woman. SJ mentions their duet earlier and HW wonders how it was and he tells her Edit2:BUt after reading his answers she leaves the conversation, staring to get conscious about the feelings he has for her. SHe even checks her vision in the tablet and later takes her of her feet because SJ liked it so much. Then she goes to sleep , I only now notices that her husband and her sleep in separate beds. But she can'T fall asleep and goes again to bathroom and gets the nail polish down from the nfeet nails.I love this scene.

Guest Eloo Dpx

What the hell did they said to each other during the chat time ?! I'm dying !!! I want to knooooow !!
EDIT 1 : @briseis ! Thank you !! I didn't see your edits !! So happy