[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

@sarasona I know :) I'm an avid reader of DB too (though sometimes I can't connect with their dramas selection. Hehehe) I read SLA articles in DB from different writers, and they all have the same conclusion about this story, which they simply call as "not my cup of tea". I know they don't mean bad and it's their own opinion. I just think they shouldn't dismiss it by saying it doesn't fit their morale. Oh well I just rambled here and ended it here with Some will, some won't, so what. :P Thanks for your reply ^^

Guest tinybelle

I think, as most (hopefully, all) of us are, she's against extramarital affairs. As she commented, she may have been more interested in the drama if Hye Won was just 40 yrs old and single. Though, she's already swallowing a bitter pill over the age gap.

Lest I misquote her, lemme put up her comment: "I really agree with you regarding the atmosphere, and I’m glad you mentioned it b/c I wish I would have in my post! The age gap doesn’t bother me at all morally; it just makes it harder for me to feel invested in the relationship (dating someone 20 years younger or older isn’t remotely appealing to me personally, and sounds more hellish and annoying than anything). I do think it’s good that dramas are tackling suck issues, but I can’t help but feel that it would be better without the affair (since the affair just reinforces that such relationships are something to be ashamed of)." -Fanderay

Just wanted to put up as many sites where this drama gets talked about because I think the subject matter makes for substantive discussion. Wheewwww. Few more hours til we get our dose! :x

lisafransisca said: @sarasona I know :) I'm an avid reader of DB too (though sometimes I can't connect with their dramas selection. Hehehe) I read SLA articles in DB from different writers, and they all have the same conclusion about this story, which they simply call as "not my cup of tea". I know they don't mean bad and it's their own opinion. I just think they shouldn't dismiss it by saying it doesn't fit their morale. Oh well I just rambled here and ended it here with Some will, some won't, so what. :P Thanks for your reply ^^

lisafransisca said: @sarasona I know :) I'm an avid reader of DB too (though sometimes I can't connect with their dramas selection. Hehehe) I read SLA articles in DB from different writers, and they all have the same conclusion about this story, which they simply call as "not my cup of tea". I know they don't mean bad and it's their own opinion. I just think they shouldn't dismiss it by saying it doesn't fit their morale. Oh well I just rambled here and ended it here with Some will, some won't, so what. :P Thanks for your reply ^^

Guest tinybelle

I'd be in a very big trouble if the reason I watched shows was because they 'fit my morale'. Because I love Breaking Bad but I have no iota of thought of becoming a drug dealer. Hehehe.

I watch this mainly to get inside the heads of people who live the way the characters do. I mean, these things happen in real life but there's very little chance that I'd meet them and get to know what's in their heads. And I think this drama can provide insight that are realistic and intellectual.

star2010

said:

i dont know why these people are against SLA. I say many times, i dont support infidelity, but that doesnt mean that i cant watch this drama and appreciate the story. If people can read and watch Lolita, and appreciate its aesthetic beauty and literary value, i dont understand why they dont give this drama same judgements. Many people complain how boring kdrama are and they are like soap without realistic values. Then, when one of the rare gem appears, they say NO to it. What kind of logic is that?   

sarasona said:

lisafransisca

said: @sarasona I know

:)

I'm an avid reader of DB too (though sometimes I can't connect with their dramas selection. Hehehe) I read SLA articles in DB from different writers, and they all have the same conclusion about this story, which they simply call as "not my cup of tea". I know they don't mean bad and it's their own opinion. I just think they shouldn't dismiss it by saying it doesn't fit their morale. Oh well I just rambled here and ended it here with Some will, some won't, so what.

:P

Thanks for your reply ^^

Guest jreal

If Secret Love Affair is not their cup of tea~ Well THEY ARE MISSING AN EXCELLENT PIECE OF AN ART. I feel bad for them~ We are so LUCKY that we will gonna WITNESS a GREAT Korean Drama. Pwahahaha!

With the ever-growing popularity of SLA YAI is getting more and more attention from the media. They is a new interview where he discusses the success of the drama and his acting. Can anyone some it us for us who can't read Korean? Thank you so much advance.

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.php?g_menu=700210&g_serial=811148

http://starin.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRead.edy?SCD=EA31&newsid=01521926606026600&DCD=A10102

ga6F9b8.jpg488uUjf.jpgpkjNL0t.jpg

source: news24

Guest ichah

well, i'm actually not really agree about Fanderay's thoughts (especially about that "moral" thingy. it's okay if s/he don't like the affair theme (who like it anyway?) but there are soo many postive aspects about this drama (esp. story-wise such as how we need to pursue our own happiness)) about this drama tho. but well, can't we just appreciate her "Kolorful Pallette" :D.
at least DB post something about this drama (actually i hope HeadsNo2 would recap this drama but she's still busy with IG. I hope she will post some reviews about this drama someday).

Guest ocdee

star2010

said:

lisafransisca

said: @sarasona I know

:)

I'm an avid reader of DB too (though sometimes I can't connect with their dramas selection. Hehehe) I read SLA articles in DB from different writers, and they all have the same conclusion about this story, which they simply call as "not my cup of tea". I know they don't mean bad and it's their own opinion. I just think they shouldn't dismiss it by saying it doesn't fit their morale. Oh well I just rambled here and ended it here with Some will, some won't, so what.

:P

Thanks for your reply ^^

briseis said: I 'm not here to argue about good/bad reviewers nor do I want to trun this friendly thread into a place of quarrel. It's not bashing if you are stating your opinion in a constructive way. She stated her opinion about the drama and I stated mine about her review of it which is as much subjective as is hers. I don't agree with her opinion which is positive only in the way she praises the actors and cast but sees the actual story and the topic of the huge age gap and extramarrital relations as something not fit for TV, something difficult to understand. I'm not bashing her when I say she seems to live under some preconceived notions that there are only older single women who are involved in a relationship with much younger man. These are stories that happen quite often, many people and couple experience these problems and situation in the real world, that's what I so like about this drama that it isn't afraid to show the less known or publicized side of the life. We live in an era where almost every second marriage ends in divorce, yet it is something that is rarely shown in Kdramaland where everyone seems to end up with his/her first love, marry him/her and live happily ever after.