[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

Guest rizwinc10

Can't wait to watch this drama. I really love Yoo Ah In's acting and I've been having a small love crush on Kim Hee Ae after watching Noonas Over Flower (she's so classy but adorable at the same time!). While the promo pics seem nice.. the trailer seems somewhat boring to me. I hope the real drama is better tho.. can't wait for the 1st ep!!

Guest Eloo Dpx

Hello everybodyyyyy !
I didn't now there was a thread here so I couldn't come as soon as possible but now I'm here to enjoy the premieres with you !!

I am so impatient !! I saw the 21 min trailer... It seems AWESOOOOOME !! *-*

The couple is so hot, I love the chemistry !! I read a lot of interview and I give my opinion : I'm looking a lot foward this drama and this couple !!

Big love everyone ♥

I noticed her looking at the pedal too, and the fact that he doesn't use it, and I figured that he's self taught (hence him going on about learning stuff from youtube, which a blogging buddy of mine who can understand Korean confirmed when she saw this). 

Here, this is something else she explained to me:"That bit that he keeps obsessing over after he leaves her house, is where she asks him to play a certain stretch of the piece again. He nervously asks if it’s coz he didn’t play it well the first time, and she answers, “No.. It’s because I want to hear it again.” And those are the words that keep echoing in his mind as he silently squees on the bridge. ^"  :)

Since jTBC released the 21-minutes long preview during the press conference, Nate has been abuzz with it ever since, with SLA being 1.- 5. most searched the whole day long (a huge success for a cable drama). I can’t really blame the Korean netizens since 50 seconds into the new preview and I was already shipping them like crazy. Hook, line and sinker - I’m on board for the premiere. Well, one thing is certain - Yoo Ah In, the noona killer, is back with vengeance as he banishes all my doubts about the plausibility of the romance between him and his co-star Kim Hee Ae. They are both perfect for their roles as they demonstrate during the charged piano-playing scene which lasts for the most of the preview, yet reveals intriguing insight into the main protagonits’ characters. From the moment when Lee Sun Jae first lays his eyes on Oh Hye Won you can almost physically feel the electric sparks start flying between them and the next you know the sparks turn into an explosive sexual tension that will be hard to be denied in the future. 

tumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo1_500.png

When SJ (20), a young man from modest backround, comes to a private autidition of-sorts to HW’s house (40, a planning director of Seohan Arts Foundation), neither of them can’t even imagine what the outcome of their meeting would be. Sun Jae is shy, awkward, warm-hearted and adorably positive as he possesses almost a child-like innocence in his love for piano and music, whereas HW seems to be his complete opposite - reserved, disillusioned and seemingly dispassionate, however, SJ’s arrival changes that all. It turns out SJ is a Mozart-like prodigy, a diamond in the rough with an immense talent, who reveals to HW when she noticed he doesn’t use the pedals that he taught himself to play by watching youtube videos.

tumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo4_500.png

I can’t praise enough YAI’s sublime performance because from the first moment SJ touches the piano keys you are mesmerized like HW by his ability to convey so many deep emotion through his music, he appears to be in rapture when he plays, in a world of his own. It’s a sight to be seen when he delivers such strong, turbulent emotions with such child-like innocence.  I have to admit when SJ performed the excerpt of Beethoven’s Appassionata I got goosebumps. I like KHA’s acting very much so far as she’s managed to showcase multiple emotions in this scene starting with skeptic, incredulity, emotion, passion and all her reaction seemed so natural.

tumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo3_1280.png

tumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo2_1280.pngtumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo5_1280.pngtumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo8_1280.pngtumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo6_1280.pngtumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo7_1280.pngtumblr_n2bs79Dq7F1s8t96qo10_1280.png

MY FEELS! He adorably asks her to play a duet with him and she agrees! It’s beyond intense and the brief glimpses of their hands in such close proximity while they move over the piano keys in an intimate dance are unbelievably sensual. I love how HW gradually relaxes, lowering her barriers, and gets fully immersed in the moment.

tumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo3_500.png

I think SJ was smitten with HW when he first saw and I find it cute how everytime she wants to end their meeting he always finds another excuse to prolong it. It looks like he admires her and is both giddy, shy and insecure to show her his abilities. He is unsure how to express himself, how to describe how he learns, yet when he answers questions about his playing he turns more confident and animated. He is a man-child and YAI with his boyish features and emotive eyes is simply pitch-perfect for this type of role. Actually, SJ reminds me of his character in Antique Bakery (perhaps my favourite Korean movie ever), a movie from 2008 where he actualy was 20 years old and it seems like barely a day passed since then.  He is such an adorable bundle of shyness, giddiness, insecurity, eagerness and vulnerability when he asks her whether she want him to play again because he did it wrongly before. I literally squealed when she told him it’s because she wants to her him play again! And when he is on the bridge reminiscing, the way YAI expresses SJ’s raw emotions so immediately and distictly proves that he truly belongs among the best of his generation.

tumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo1_500.png

I’ve read some complaints about KHA, particularly from YAI’s fan, that she is too old for the role, for him, not enough pretty and therefore they’d rather see someone else in her stead, Kim Su Ah. With all respect, I find these opinions rather illogical, prejuduced and biased and so typical for casting in kdrama. SLA is a story about two people who face 20 years and it’s only appropriate that they would be portrayed by actors who have the same age difference to make it plausible and realistic. YAI is 27 and KHA is 47 which is perfect for the story. Casting someone like KSA who is still in her 30’s and is barely 10 years older than YAI would be something SBS, MBC or KBS would do to placate the viewers and public opinion. Thanks for the cable TV because it would jeopardize the whole story and render it worthless. I find it rather chauvinistic that people don’t mind when a young actress is cast opposite far more older actor while praising her for her beauty and him for his manliness and charisma but when it goes the other way round everyone is quick to comment how the actress is too old, acts badly, dresses badly and so on.

tumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo2_1280.pngtumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo7_1280.pngtumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo8_1280.pngtumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo5_1280.png

http:tumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo4_1280.pngtumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo6_1280.pngtumblr_n2bsm0rAsw1s8t96qo10_1280.png

Dramabeans and Girlfriday translated some KHA's and YAI's quotes from the presser:Yoo Ah-in, on skinship:We already shot a kiss scene.(YES!!!!) I’ve left my heart wide open. I’m sure Kim Hee-ae sunbaenim feels uncomfortable around me too, but we’re leaving ourselves open to the idea, ‘So what, we can do that.’ We have the desire to overcome the awkwardness and be natural.”

About his co-star, he added: “Kim Hee-ae sunbaenim’s charm is her honesty and frankness. You just automatically fall in love with her.” Kim Hee-ae in turn said, “If you see the drama you’ll understand the reason you can’t help but fall for [Yoo Ah-in's character]. I haven’t looked at someone younger than me and seen him as a man before, but the more I look at him my standards go up. Yoo Ah-in has cute and sexy sides.”

And when asked how far the romance will go, Yoo Ah-in replied, “I don’t know what the writer has planned, but I’ll go all the way (Laughs).” 

eRBL68o.jpg

http://www.dramabeans.com/2014/03/secret-love-affairs-leads-cozy-up-for-press-conference/

Guest NiN1430293605

KHA and YAI are sublime. after seeing the cinematography, and the way both actors act and play the duet, I am having a serious visual orgasm*        
PS. KHA is sooooooo beautiful...

Guest jreal

I've read some comments on Dramabeans and I think, Secret Love Affair will be the most intriguing drama of all time, I think :)

Guest tinybelle

jreal said: I've read some comments on Dramabeans and I think, Secret Love Affair will be the most intriguing drama of all time, I think :)