[Drama 2014] Secret Love Affair 밀회

Guest uburoi

mdj101 said:
@lisafransisca :
I just looked back  to page 65 where you posted the layout of the SLA TV  website in Japan.  I happened to click on the link you cited (  http://c7mikkai.jp/  ) and immediately a short Preview video played  (2 min. 20 sec.).   Stunning how it captured so many essential scenes !  Almost a "mini-SLA review" and  I loved it so much. A tribute to the universal appeal of the drama and the efforts of all who created it.

lisafransisca said: mdj101 said:
@lisafransisca :
I just looked back  to page 65 where you posted the layout of the SLA TV  website in Japan.  I happened to click on the link you cited (  http://c7mikkai.jp/  ) and immediately a short Preview video played  (2 min. 20 sec.).   Stunning how it captured so many essential scenes !  Almost a "mini-SLA review" and  I loved it so much. A tribute to the universal appeal of the drama and the efforts of all who created it.

That trailer sure makes me wanna rewatch this masterpiece :x

@seungshinl true, there seems to be a problem with YT video on soompi lately. Try to right-click on it and choose the option "open in a new window/tab" to play the video on YT directly

@mdj101 HTTG is on my to-watch list but there are so many shows and so little time :'(
I hope I can catch up and join the thread if I do

Women leaning on men....
In episode 10 our two lovers are watching the recording of LSJ's first performance. What follows is  2-3 minutes of the best cinematography ever. Even with my very layman's eye, I notice that they took that 3 minutes in one shot. No change of camera angles. The camera moves from left to right to left to right without a break as they go through the emotions of watching his first performance..... I need the director of cinematography's NUMBER!!!
Anyway, they laugh and LSJ looks embarrassed....etc. The music slows as they hold hands. Then OHW lays her head on his shoulder....
1. That action of laying her head on his shoulder was very significant to me. I lurk at a blog where men discuss love, marriage, divorce etc, in male terms, with  flow charts, theories, and equations. ( I kid you not!). In one discussion however, a man wrote about how he made the decision to marry a certain woman he'd been dating. She was the typical  Alpha female, highly achieved at work and leader of a business etc. The guy was not that high on the corporate ladder but I guess he could hold his own.
One day she came home after work, put her bag, sat next to the guy and lay her head on his shoulder. They sat on that couch for a while in silence. He decided at that point to marry her.
To this man, that single action spoke volumes about how she trusted him enough to lean on him. He wrote a very long post about it and I regret not saving it for future reference.
I was very shocked at his post because I didn't think men could be that sentimental.  I also know next to nothing about men, so this was very new. I have never forgotten what he wrote, so when I watched this scene for the first time, I remembered that post.
Of course LSJ doesn't make the same decision to marry at this point,but I thought to myself, "hmmm, so this is how that man's scene played out!"
2. In the same episode, at around 52.06, the chairman has been arrested and his women are all  distraught. However, Madam Han throws her hankie as soon as her step daughter is dragged out of the room. That was hilarious! :-)
3. I also want to know what the purpose of Dean Min was in the drama. Though I liked his inciting ways, he didn't need to be there IMO.....
4. YAI seems to have hit the gym in this drama. His body looked especially yummy under the black and white of the concert suit. His pecs really stuck out under that shirt!! And the way his waist and behind looked in that trouser!!! Eish!

• Like 3

@aficandramalover:
How remarkable that a man in that blog was also deeply touched by such a simple gesture by that woman.   Wordlessly resting her head on his shoulder!  We saw the profound affect that gesture had on Seon Jae, who was moved to lead Hye Won to his special spot behind the stage curtain.
 A long  time ago, in this Forum, @docster6, one of the few men who wrote here made a similar comment about Hye Won, I don't recall which particular action or episode.  But he shared his insight from about how very meaningful it was when just such a spontaneous behavior of hers acknowledged Seon Jae as a man. I was surprised, but we were accustomed to sensitive insights from @docster6. I still have a lot to learn about men and their views on relationships! 

• Like 1

@seungshinl:
I found the article about  fans arranging Food Carts  (plus other gifts) for favorite actors during drama productions:....http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2013/01/evolution-of-fan-gift-culture-rice.html  .
Interesting look at some of the negative  schemes occasionally tangled up in the gifting process.  But that can happen any place people are involved , due to the weaknesses of human nature.  
I am content to keep  a positive view of groups sending food carts  I think it  demonstrates  affection and respect for the actors and their work.     =D> :x

i have been lurking around and loved everyone's comments. I just wanted to say how YAI's lips are divine. I just re-watched JOJ and I must say that he, as the king Suk Jung, kissed JOJ as much as Seon Jae kissed HW in SLA.

• Like 2

@mdj101 , I remember @docster9's comments... I'm not sure if I took a screen shot. lemme check. @zenya22 ..... his lips..... we can write sonnets and poems and everything about his lips. He struck me as a very sensual person, in a very understated way. You'd not notice him until you look at him, like REALLY look at him. He's one of those people that doesn't grab your attention at first sight but grows on you more and more and just gets under the skin. The way he used to hold KHA head in the kiss scenes..... very confident about he is doing...... I started to wonder how it would be to kiss him in real life. If I can ask anyone he's acted with or kissed in real life, I bet they'd say it was memorable. If you focus on him, he starts to look very hot.... :-)

• Like 1

Guest rama0

Hey lovelies :x This is my first post here :\"> But I've been an avid reader of this thread. I'm a huge fan of Secret Love Affair, and as a result became a fan of Kim Hee-ae and Yoo Ah In :x Here is my attempt at translating what Kim Hee-ae said about Yoo ahin: In regards to male actors, Kim Hee-ae considers Yoo Ah in(from secret affair) as her most powerful/intense partner. She says: "That is a friend whom I really like.His acting is too good,and has a perfect figure. I like his immediate concentration and solid acting.Even though he's a junior,acting is too easy for him,(to the extent that he should make me feel irritated), but on the contrary, he rather motivates me. If he met with a really good director, he could become an international actor. Out of all male actors, I'm rooting for his future the most."

@lisafransisca  and  @rama0 :     
Thank you for the lovely picture of Kim Hee Ae and for the translation of her comment about Yoo Ah In.

I've been looking around to find an easy "link" to give for the photos, but I like your site a lot.  I am going to try my "Google translate" on it since it's rather long!Soompi has photos of her in three dresses, one is a slightly more "provocative" shot in the white dress.  But so cute!
While hunting around online, I landed on a facebook page in her name  (probably by fans). Three short videos from 2014,  "post SLA".  In one video she mentioned the movie she appears in:......"C'est Si Bon".  It opened in Feb. 2015 in Korea.  I totally forgot about it  (even though I read up to page 7)  in a Soompi forum!   And YAI's movie, "Veteran" (still the same title?), comes out in May.     :-/       Maybe a few post-it notes atop my computer screen?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure I live on the same planet as some drama fans...... I automatically assumed that everyone found the OHW/LSJ couple hotttt.... till I saw some comments to the contrary on the interwebs!!!! HOW NOW!!

How do you watch the stairs hug in episode 15 (when LSJ and OHW leave the police station and announce the newest divorced couple in Korea?) and still say that the couple didn't look good? Didn't look real? Wasn't a good noona romance? Help!!!

iON, that hug at the police station stairs GAVE ME LIFE!!

• Like 1

God, KHA is a goddess! One can't look away from her :x

@africandramalover I feel you my friend! Sometimes reading comments on some sites makes my blood boil, like do those people have eyes? Do they have a stone instead of the heart? How can one not see the passion and intensity of their interactions? I don't understand to be honest.
And don't get me started on the "she's too old" comments, those take the cake. It's as if any woman who isn't some prepubescent girl should retire or go dig a grave and disappear.

These are dark times we are living in. I've been in dramaland for quite some time and I'm aware of the demographic of dramas "consumers" shifting age-wise to younger people but I can't help but feel bitter at how immature it all has become

• Like 2

@eunsuhae , grrrrllllll I FEEL your pain! But there's no accounting for tastes. I go crazy when people keep ogling at LMH and all those young people ( I like LMH btw) but people have got to elevate their palette! ! Lol.

There have been discussions on the "morality" of SLA (which I didn't care for because I love noona romances even if it's with the devil himself), but I think it was a major contributing factor to the popularity of SLA.

• Like 2

@africandramalover lol I admit that I have a shallow side myself and drool over attractive people, it's only natural but it becomes a problem if that's all people are looking at. Looks are a bonus but they can never ever make up for the lack of talent and actors worth have nothing to do with their appearance.
I think SLA was too mature for the new generation of younger drama fans to handle. I don't watch shows or read books to teach me lessons or tell me what's wrong or right. I like it more when it just tells a story and shows things as they are and raises questions leaving it to me to interpret and find the answers on my own. SLA did just that and I personally think that's what sets it apart from other works. It's art and art shows the pretty and the ugly but never judges.

• Like 3