[Reality Show] The Genius Season 2 더지니어스 2 - TVN

tumblr_mzngd78xJ31qm73qio1_250.giftumblr_mzngd78xJ31qm73qio2_250.gif
tumblr_mzngd78xJ31qm73qio3_250.gif
tumblr_mzngd78xJ31qm73qio4_250.gif
tumblr_mzniqqPYlF1rmcdx6o1_250.gif

I adore all the hugs from this ep~ They hugged at least 5 times in this ep.. so many hugs! Yeah... spread the love!
It's highly likely Sangmin's winning this season. We'll see. ^_^
I reckon the reason Jiwon chose Jinho for the DM was because, if he were to lose, it's better to lose to someone like Jinho. This is just my observation without subs, but it seems like Jiwon just wanted to have this DM game over and done with. At first, he wanted both of them to only have 1 garnet each so they would only need to have 5 chips each. But in the end, he compromised with 3 garnets each.
Jiwon may have convinced Jinho to go all in (again, I think he just didn't want to prolong the game.), but I don't think Jinho would be convinced to go all in unless he saw he also had a high chance of winning. Sure enough, they both actually had number two. The rest just became like a game of bokbulbok. It pretty much became a game of luck by the end, but the match was won fair and square. It could've been Jinho who had gotten the 10 card and won the DM.
Anyways,  Eun Jiwon go! Jiwon go!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jessicaajuent

Jenny T said: jessicaajuent said: no matter what they say about its is a reality program, there is still a script for everything, just like Master Chef or Next Top Model. I'm still wondering why there should be an ID for every player in ep 6. It is probably because the producer already think about the "stealing" ID plot. It might be just an accident, a Doohee'' mistake but that scenario is already facilitated by the PD right from the start. 

anyway its just a show, yeah its better be just a show because if its in real life, people dont need to care about their public images, things can be even worse. that's how scary life is, just like in Kaiji - one of the most depressing anime about gamble, where The Genius show takes its inspiration I guess :)

I still remember what Kyungran said in season 1 "I think I will never participate in a game like this again, the fact that I can't trust anyone is so sad..."

Guest snowdjinn

Episode 7

Best Episode of Season 2 so far ! As expected, Episode 7 onwards they concentrate more on the games. I felt the same in Season 1. Episode 7 in Season 1 was also the turning point when the players started to act more comfortable and it was more individual play.

Sangmin: is getting stronger and stronger. He was the Best in the Main Game. He still has the Immortality Token. He has 30+ garnets ! i think it was a bit naive of the other players to use up ALL their garnets for the dice game. Now they have no garnets. This might become a big problem for them. However, this might backfire on him. His strongest skill is social skills aka know-how-to-build-up-power aka manipulation. Now that he is so far ahead of the others and the absolute favorite to win... no one will ally with him in the remaining 5 eps. Still, Sangmin is the absolute favorite to win S2.

YooYoung: very powerful death-match player. She is also very ambitious and will do anything to survive. That means it will be very hard to eliminate her. She has sharp senses and is smart. She seems to be the biggest threat for Sangmin.

Jiwon: Who would have thought he survives so many death matches ? There is also some luck involved. Jiwon is not strong player but he has been very good at social skills. He has connections to YooYoung, Sangmin and a very deep connection to HongChul. His biggest strength is that his direct rivals are eliminated and he is somewhat surrounded by friends.

Hongchul: He is like the dark horse. i am still not sure how good he is. He survived a death match but was that just luck because it was a situation in which all other players helped him to beat his opponent ? i dont know. When i think about Hong Chuls performance so far in Genius then its all a big ???? And also, i have no idea how good he is as single player.

JungHyun: i think he was not lucky. He just has the gift of a politician. he made the right alliances at the right time. Mostly, he stayed out of trouble and tried to appear as harmless as possible. He acts weak and tries to be the comedic element of Genius but he survived episode after episode. If he is strong in death matches (i think that possible) then he has a good chance to get to the last three or even with some luck win S2.

Yohwan: *sigh* he is so helpless and random. Honestly, i dont think he can survive this. At first, i thought he is just acting (like JungHyun) and tries to stay out of trouble. But the more i watch him, the more i think that the Genius is not his style of show. I dont believe he will survive til the end. Maybe he surprises me in future episodes.

my Favorite Players  - (after episode 7)

1. Sangmin

2. Hongchul

3. Yohwan

4. Junghyun

5. Jiwon

6. YooYoung

Most Likely to win - (after episode 7)

1. Sangmin

2. YooYoung

3. Jiwon

4. HongChul

5. JungHyun

6. YoHwan

Ep7

What i can say is that this ep was way better than previous eps. Everyone was playing the game. Minimal betrayals and alliances. Even though NHC was feeling slightly betrayed by Jinho, i felt that he himself understood that at this level, everyone are just trying to survive.

Sangmin is gaining more and more garnets, getting 1st most of the time. If someone doesn't stop him, he will win this season.

Junhyun is not the weakest link as he appears to be. He seems neutral so everybody seems to trust him. Somehow i feel that he is someone to watch out for.

Yooyoung is a strong player. Knows how to chose her alliances. She is serious about the games. Strong determination to win.

NHC is always laughing..hehehe and i don't think he had shown anything yet. Now he is the one providing laughter and lightening the mood a bit.

Yohwan was more active in this ep. He should be more proactive from now on since he might be Sangmin's target next.

Jiwon was weak in the main match. He didn't find out about the dices until the last minute.

I would expect Jiwon to chose Jinho not because of the alliance but because that was the best choice at that moment. Sangmin and Junhyun had immunity. That left him with Jinho, Yohwan, NHC and Yooyoung. Yohwan will not be a safe choice since he is still pretty unpredictable. NHC have been helping him and between Yooyoung and Jinho, its better to lose to Jinho, S1 winner.

Death Match

Jinho vs Jiwon

This match was short but very nerve wrecking.

My point of view, Jiwon won due to pure luck. Something even we cannot question. It could be the other way round and he could be the loser but that didn't happen.

Jinho reason to go all in:

Many have been cursing Jiwon for making Jinho go all in.

Jinho has a reason to go all in. The card on Jiwon head was the worst card. Since Jiwon went all in, he would guess his card was also a low number. So although it was risky, he would expect a win since he got a better community card. Jinho is a very smart guy. He knew what he was getting into.

Jiwon reason to go all in:

Although the game was won by luck, it was clever of Jiwon to level the playing field by going all in. He knows he couldn't beat Jinho in a card game. Jinho is smart and can memorise the cards and by making him go all in too, the game will be only be based on luck. That's the very least he can do to save himself.

But he definitely did not expect to get 2 ties and a good card in the last round. He was really very lucky indeed.

alynwiz said: Ep7 What i can say is that this ep was way better than previous eps. Everyone was playing the game. Minimal betrayals and alliances. Even though NHC was feeling slightly betrayed by Jinho, i felt that he himself understood that at this level, everyone are just trying to survive. Sangmin is gaining more and more garnets, getting 1st most of the time. If someone doesn't stop him, he will win this season. Junhyun is not the weakest link as he appears to be. He seems neutral so everybody seems to trust him. Somehow i feel that he is someone to watch out for. Yooyoung is a strong player. Knows how to chose her alliances. She is serious about the games. Strong determination to win. NHC is always laughing..hehehe and i don't think he had shown anything yet. Now he is the one providing laughter and lightening the mood a bit. Yohwan was more active in this ep. He should be more proactive from now on since he might be Sangmin's target next. Jiwon was weak in the main match. He didn't find out about the dices until the last minute. I would expect Jiwon to chose Jinho not because of the alliance but because that was the best choice at that moment. Sangmin and Junhyun had immunity. That left him with Jinho, Yohwan, NHC and Yooyoung. Yohwan will not be a safe choice since he is still pretty unpredictable. NHC have been helping him and between Yooyoung and Jinho, its better to lose to Jinho, S1 winner. Death Match Jinho vs Jiwon This match was short but very nerve wrecking. My point of view, Jiwon won due to pure luck. Something even we cannot question. It could be the other way round and he could be the loser but that didn't happen. Jinho reason to go all in: Many have been cursing Jiwon for making Jinho go all in. Jinho has a reason to go all in. The card on Jiwon head was the worst card. Since Jiwon went all in, he would guess his card was also a low number. So although it was risky, he would expect a win since he got a better community card. Jinho is a very smart guy. He knew what he was getting into. Jiwon reason to go all in: Although the game was won by luck, it was clever of Jiwon to level the playing field by going all in. He knows he couldn't beat Jinho in a card game. Jinho is smart and can memorise the cards and by making him go all in too, the game will be only be based on luck. That's the very least he can do to save himself. But he definitely did not expect to get 2 ties and a good card in the last round. He was really very lucky indeed.

Guest snowdjinn

Sangmin already in the Finals ? my Analysis:

Sangmin has approx.30 garnets. YooYoung has a small amount of 8 and the rest have 1 or 0. To put it simple, Sangmin has ALL garnets. We also know how powerful the Immortality Token is.

I am supercurious if this total mismatch in power between Sangmin and the other players will change the gameplay. I thought about it and i think its almost impossible to attack the owner of the Immortality token. Only 5 episodes left that means only 4 players get eliminated before the finals. The player who risks to target Sangmin to force the usuage of the immortality token will get kicked into the deathmatch with the power of the token. What for ? There are only 4 eliminations left. You would have to get Sangmin into the deathmatch 2 out of 4 times to kill him before the final. Highly unlikely and too much risk for such a small chance. i think most people will just try to survive until the Finals and then fight Sangmin. As soon as you reach the finals the Token becomes useless. So Yeah.. the Token is a very very very strong protection. Almost impossible to break since 1 player has to sacrifice himself. And who wants to sacrifice himself for the other rivals ? no one.  Yes, in theory, for the group it would be the right thing to do. But none of the other 5 players will risk to get killed for the team.There is a chance to get Sangmin in the Deathmatch 2 out of 4 times. He will not always be the Main Match loser but the loser can pick him as opponent as long as Sangmin is not the game winner or received protection from the game winner. However, because Sangmin has so many garnets he can probably avoid even that potential threat.

And if they dont do it next episode.... then they would have to get him 2 out of 3 times into the deathmatch to stop him before the finals. Almost Impossible. So if he survives Ep8 WITH the Immortality Token, Sangmin is in the Finals.

Thank You for Reading.

Teaser for <The Genius Behind>

Preview for <The Genius Behind>

I really want to smack Lin Yohwan so badly  X(
(Edit: forgot to mention that this is a new show

announced just after Jinho's elimination.  It will be aired just before the actual <The Genius> show, an obvious attempt to rescue the viewership after his elimination. (dammit, they know Jinho will not reject it since he owed his current surge of popularity to the programme.) Basically it'll focus on discussing the nuances of the previous episode. So in this first episode, Jinho will have to analyse why HE got eliminated. Duh.

Ep 8

Yooyoung and Sangmin were joint winners.

Junghyun lost the main match game, and he ended up choosing Noh Hongchul. The game was the same from season 1, the one where Sangmin lost. Junghyun was really good. He grabbed the opportunity of having the upper hand. It was a bit of a gamble, but it was a really great tactic. He just let Hongchul opened the letters.. and Junghyun didn't risk opening one by himself so as to not give Hongchul an advantage.

craptelly said: Ep 8

Yooyoung and Sangmin were joint winners.

Junghyun lost the main match game, and he ended up choosing Noh Hongchul. The game was the same from season 1, the one where Sangmin lost. Junghyun was really good. He grabbed the opportunity of having the upper hand. It was a bit of a gamble, but it was a really great tactic. He just let Hongchul opened the letters.. and Junghyun didn't risk opening one by himself so as to not give Hongchul an advantage.

The numbers auction games of The Genius have always been draggy. I felt myself getting bored watching the auction game from season 1 too, although it was fun watching Sunggyu gambling recklessly in that episode.
Jiwon and Yohwan had the same plan: Take the -30's and collect as much chips as they could since no one would go for it. But of course, Jiwon goes earlier than Yohwan and had the opportunity to use that tactic first.
These guys' plan was to make Sangmin use the token of immortality to bring them all in the same footing once more. Because at this point, Sangmin is pretty much invincible with most garnets and the token of immortality at hand as well.
Thing is, Yohwan focused more on messing up Jiwon's numbers rather than Sangmin's. If Jiwon had gotten enough chips, he might've won and even shared the immunity with Yohwan. But Yohwan was already prepared for the DM so it appeared like he didn't care about low numbers anymore. He just wanted to get in the way of the other players. I have a feeling he's confident of winning the DM.
It's just that Yohwan's goals were a bit scattered in this episode. What does he really want? He said it was alright for him to end in the DM, so long as he could make Sangmin use his token. But for that to happen, they had to make sure Sangmin doesn't go first. However, it seems like he got flustered with Jiwon also doing the -30s tactic and wanted to put a stop to that as well.. And he ended up focusing on that rather than his own equation and Sangmin reached his goal easily. 
Sangmin and Yooyoung didn't even need to play much since no one got in their way. Hongchul was pretty much a puppet in this episode.
In this episode, we get to see Junghyun's gambler side.. He's shown a new side of him and that indeed, he's not just a lucky guy who happened to end up in that show. He does have his skills and have a pretty good perception of things. The way he played this episode was very risky, but thankfully, luck was still on his side. 
It would've been nice to already see the token being used.. especially before the final 2 eps since it would be more exciting that way.. just for me though.

It's a shame to see Hongchul go- he's a really nice guy, albeit very noisy, but yeah, he's better off on other shows. And I agree, he doesn't have much confidence in this show. His smiles were always forced.. 

Guest snowdjinn

Episode 8

The Genius PD is really smart. Episode 8 has the perfect game to fix the garnet-problem. Now Sangmin has lost a few garnets and the other players have gained a lot of garnets. I am not sure how much each player has but JungHyun has 20 now. So i think that was a very important step for the other players. They were unable to remove the "Token of Immortality" but at least they have garnets now. Maybe that was even more important than the "immortality token".

Sangmin.. he played Genius the way it should be played. He manipulated other players very well. He got the Immortality Token. He keeps winning Main Match after Main Match. He is on a total winning streak. If he wins Season 2 then he deserves it.

YooYoung... she stays out of trouble. nice strategy. She lets Yohwan battle Sangmin and meanwhile she can silently survive the last few rounds.

Yohwan... i am not sure. I still think he is a bit weak and so random. He comes up with a plan but its not really a masterplan. He is like a Jinho-wannabe. I think he will fail sooner or later. It would really surprise me if Yohwan wins The Genius.

JungHyun... more and more he shows his intelligence. He is good in the Main Game but i think he is weak in many deathmatches. I feel that JungHyun will soon end up in a deathmatch that he cannot win. Some of the other players are really strong Deathmatch players. Yooyoung and Yohwan can probably defeat JungHyun. it would really surprise me if JungHyun wins The Genius.

Jiwon... i dont know but Jiwon seems to be the person you cannot trust. Even in Ep8 he keeps going back and forth. I also get a strange feeling that he still wants to help Sangmin and is still Sangmin's secret ally. Then he should clearly say that and not act as if he helps Yohwan. Hmmm.. i dont know.

Honchul.... its a big problem for Yohwan that Hongchul is out. Hongchul was the only person that was clearly willing to help Yohwan fight against Sangmin with all his power. Yohwan needs allies he can trust. Now he lost Hongchul too.

Most Likely to win - (after episode 8)

1. Sangmin

2. YooYoung

3. Jiwon

4. YoHwan

5. JungHyun

Next EP will be fun when Season 1 players make a special guest appearance.

Guest coffeeluva

yeah this episode kinda suckedit was boring, no strategies rly, and in the death match i understand junghyun's strategy but it's like boring... don't get to see the players real strengths shineif they have any.... lee sangmin's hair srsly bothers me LOL like why....and yea im yo hwan im rly sick of him he seems kind of stupid? he's got no direction whatsoever. kept saying they had to take lee sangmin down but came up with no plan and was just doing random stuff while lee sangmin easily won. i rly wonder what lee sangmin is thinking. im fine with him taking it all. but remember how in an earlier episode he said he missed the warmness of the season 1 cast.... hahai don't think the season 1 cast was perfect bc there were times when i was frustrated with them too, always going with the safe majority instead of playing the game, but there were a lot more players that i rooted for. the top 4 was like the dream team man.... but yeah i miss hong jin ho im a fan definitelyand i'll be looking forward to the guest appearances! esp sunggyuive been lurking this thread for a while and finally signed in to stick in my thoughtsmostly this ep i was just rly annoyed with im yo hwan lolbunker rush? whatever... hong jin ho all the way

Yeah, Sangmin is very unstoppable at this point. He was able to manipulate the other players into doing things his way. A very highly likely winner of season 2 and he deserves it if he does make it as the champion. But still for me, it would be more fun to watch all the players at the same level once more. It just seems more challenging that way. Since Sangmin doesn't seem to have a hard time playing anymore. The matches have become too easy for him to win. It's just too predictable right now for me. 
As for Yohwan, he has his goals but he is really not good at sticking to his plans. He's pretty much all over the place in this ep, with no direction to go to.

With Jiwon, I think all he wants is for Sangmin to already use his token so he's into helping Yohwan. But still, he doesn't want to become a target to Sangmin as well. So he's trying to balance things out. But that ends up with him becoming not trustworthy as an ally. Especially with Hongchul gone, whom he has the closest alliance with. 

Guest snowdjinn

Since the next game (Episode 9) will be a new version of the Foodchain game, i will post my Foodchain game analysis here that i wrote after watching ep1.

SNOW ANALYSIS EPISODE 1

FOODCHAIN GAME

Its a bit sad that half the players didnt understand the basics of the game. (even after playing the test round !!) Especially the IQ173 player made a lot of mistakes. Basic Rule is that you are an animal that has a main habitat. you can move to another habitat but then you have to return to your main habitat the next round or you die. That means you have 2 possibilities how you can move during the game (which has 4 rounds):

A:) main habitat - one of the other 3 habitats - main habitat - one of the other 3 habitats

OR

B.) one of the other 3 habitats - main habitat - one of the other 3 habitats - main habitat

you could also stay in your Main Habitat more often and just visit another habitat once. For example: Main Habitat Round 1, Round 2 and Round 3 and only go to another Habitat in Round 4. But thats usually a bad idea because there is not enough food in your Main Habitat to stay there all the time. It makes sense for non-predators for example the few animals that can fly can hide from many predators if they just stay in the sky. Still, its tricky because the predators will keep moving around to find prey so you better change habitats every once in a while. i would go with A.) or B.).

Winning Condition and not just Survival

Some animals/players sacrifice themselves for other animals. Thats because you dont have to survive to win. For example: The Crocodile Bird will try to find out who the Crododile is and offer himself as food to the Crocodile because the Crocodile bird wins if the crocodile survives, NOT if it survives itself. That can be a little confusing. So the goal is to meet your Winning Condition. If the Winning Condition IS Survival then yes, the player must survive but only if its the winning condition. Many of the players seem to misunderstand that. They were surprised that JungHyun won. They shouldnt. He was the Crow so if he survives or not is of almost no importance to him.

Strategy - How to play this game

The most important thing in this game is which animal moves to which habitat AND that the predators need food. The 4 predators are NOT the best animals. Its actually quite balanced and Predators are not better than prey. You just have to use a different strategy: predators try to meet many other animals, prey tries to avoid all the other animals. Predators need food all the time and there is not much prey and the prey moves constantly from habitat to habitat. There is almost no way to know that you find food/prey when you move to the next habitat so Predators have a hard time surviving in round 3 and round 4 when only very few animals are left.

First, lets look at the Main Habitats and their animals: (*marks the predators)

Field (3): Lion*, Hyena*, Deer.

Forest (4): Rabbit, Mouse, Snake, Chameolon.

River (3): Crocodile*, Otter, Crocodile Bird.

Air (3): Eagle*, Mallard, Crow.

Not many animals can go up into the air. This is why the Eagle desperately needs Mallard and Crow for his 2 Air-Rounds as Food. Lion has to eat every round. This is why he desperately needs Hyena and Deer as Food for his „field“ rounds. Everyone knows that the Lion and the Hyena BOTH have to visit the "field" TWICE so most animals will stay away from the "field" the entire game. A big problem for the lion !! Crocodile has it a bit easier. Many animals can come to the River so it has a higher chance to get a tasty visitor in its Main Habitat. Forest has no natural predator which means many predators will move HERE when they leave their habitat.

As you can see..... 1.) every habitat is different. 2.) if you eat a prey from a different habitat you increase the chance of death of another predator a lot. For example if the Hyena (who has to make the lion lose) eats the deer THEN the lion will have a hard time to survive in the field.

Best Animals (Ep1 Food Chain Game)

1. Hyena: Probably the best animal by far ! you win if the lion loses and you can eat all his food to make him starve to death. Thats very powerful. Also, you only need to eat 2 rounds out of 4. The chance of starving is a lot lower than with other predators. You can effect the game greatly because you can eat prey. You dont mind eating all the animals because in the end, you dont need to survive. Just make sure the lion dies. Basically, KILL ALL animals and you win. there is almost zero chance that the Hyena loses this game because there is almost zero chance that the Lion can survive. If Hyena finds 3 or more prey and eats them... the lion has almost no chance to survive round 4.

2. Snake: probably the 2nd best animal. you just sit and wait if 9 of 11 animals die. (2 of the 13 animals cannot die!) There is a good chance that will happen unless the 4 predators all starve of hunger very quickly. Highly unlikely (all predators must be superstupid for this to happen) so there is a very good chance that the Snake wins.

3. Crow: probably the 3rd best animal. you can guess the winner of the game. Just guess "hyena" or maybe "snake" and you have a good chance of winning. Also, you can feed yourself to your choosen animal (if its a predator) to help him win. Interesting idea would be to pick Crocodile. The Crocodile Bird will sacrifice himself to feed the Crocodile, Crow can sacrifice himself to feed the Crocodile, Crocodile only has to eat 3times so it only needs to eat 1 more animal in the whole game to survive and thats an easy victory.

4. Crocodile: only has to eat 3 times, Crocodile Bird will volunteer to be food 1 time that means you only need to eat 2 animals in the whole game. To find prey 2 ouf of 4 times, especially in the early rounds with a lot of animals alive, should be possible. Crocodile is okay.

5. Crocodile Bird: help the Crocodile win and sacrifice yourself to feed it. Same chance to win as the Crocodile.

Worst Animals (Ep1 Food Chain Game)

1. Deer prey that has the same habitat as 2 predators: Lion & Hyena. you have to go there 2times and the 2 predators also have to to go there 2times each. That means one of them will eat you. I doubt that there is any chance the deer survives.

2. Lion Hyena will eat all your food, there is only 1 other animal (deer) for your habitat. you have to eat EVERY round that means you must always find a tasty animal in every habitat you enter otherwise you are out immediately. Since you enter your Habitat at least 2 times and there are only 2 animals that live there.... if other animals just avoid your habitat.... you will be unable to survive. A little beacon of hope is the Mouse. It wins if you win so it will help you. I still think the Lion will die 9 out of 10 times.

3. Mouse: needs to help Lion win. Almost impossible. Feed yourself to the Lion in the Lions habitat „field“ to raise the chances of the Lion. But i think 9 out of 10 times the Lion will not win and that means 9 out of 10 times the mouse will not win.

4. Chameleon: it sounds like a good animal but its pretty useless. Disguise yourself as the snake: it is also the same Habitat „Forest“ so you cannot be identified by the way you move from habitat to habitat. You cannot disguise yourself as 1 of the 4 predators because the moment the real predator eats an animal its obvious you are the chameloen ! All the other animals dont pose a threat and that means its useless to copy them. For example if you copy the Rabbit, they will just try to eat you and then they will eat the Chameleon instead of the Rabbit. Doesnt help you much. Posing as the „snake“ you can survive a few rounds but in the end, when there is no food left, the predators will take the risk and eat 1 of the 2 snakes because otherwise they would starve anyway. And then the Chameloen surely dies.

5. Mallard: At first, i thought its a pretty good animal. Its prey but it can fly so not many predators can catch you if you stay in the air. The problem is that the Eagle can keep his own personal „Snack bar“ up in the air and in the last rounds (round 3 or round 4) the eagle just goes up there and waits for the Mallard to return to its Main Habitat and then eats you ! There is almost no way to prevent that since the Eagle can just stay in the air through round 3 and round 4. The Mallard CAN survive (for example if Rabbit, Deer and Otter died and it became invincible) but i think the chance of that happening is not too high.

SPECIAL RULE: Rabbit – Deer – Otter – Mallard

this rule is quite interesting and gives the game a special dynamic. One of these 4 animals will be invincible and win. Its the 1 of them that survives the longest. So you win if you are the final survivor of these 4 animals. Also, when there are only 2 of them left, they can help each other by moving together. In that case, it doesnt matter if they visit the hungry lion on the field. He cannot eat them. This will be disastrous for all predators cause they lose even more food.

ABOUT THE PLAYERS

IQ173 Player : the worst Genius player ever

The IQ173 player has to be the worst Genius player ever. He doesnt understand the FoodChain Game at all. He thinks Predators are the Best Animals and the lion is the strongest because he is on top of the foodchain. The biggest problem and disadvantage of the lion is to feed EVERY round. If you think about the game rules you realize that his is very very very hard. Again, this IQ173 player didnt understand that. He celebrates his victory long before the game is over. He verbally provokes other players (never a good idea.) he is so full of himself and brags about it. Oh boy, how NOT diplomatic of him. How can he make so many enemies in so little time ? To make it even more pityful he allied with the other predators. That has to be the definition of bad gameplay. oh man. He deserved to be eliminated.

Hongchuls Alliance: the worst Alliance ever

The Foodchain game cannot be won with an alliance right at the start. Instead, when you have your animal you have to ally with the right animals. Dont just pick players, pick the right animals.

In fact, i believe you can only make alliance DURING the game when you meet animals in habitats and then make a strategy depending on which animal is already eliminated and which animal is in which habitat. To just form a group before the game and before knowing the animals is useless. Yes it has 1 advantage. A Big Group can peak at all players and find out all animals of all players. Thats a good thing but the big alliance is too much of a burden for this advantage.

Sangmin tells Hyena about the Chameleon

Sangmin is so smart for doing that. I would have been so dumb and not tell anyone that i am the real snake because i would think that its better for me if they dont know and then they will try who is the fake snake and maybe they bite me and i can poison 1 player. But Sangmin thinks long-term and is so smart. By doing so, he regained a lot of trust in his relationship with Jinho for future episodes and the Snake still won the game. Thats the strength of Sangmin who always knows when he will win and when its okay to share information or help another player without risking his own victory.

The Unstoppable Alliance Snake + Hyena

They share the same goal: kill as many animals as possible and you win.Basically what they can do is go to the same habitat in the beginning and stay together. The Snake can physically (with his body) block all other predators from eating the Hyena. The Hyena can then eat all non-predator animals and as a result of that the predators will starve. The fact that the 2 strongest animals have the same winning goal AND that the snake can physically attack the lion and grab him and stop him from doing anything, its a very very strong combination.

So to sum it up, based on the preview:

The next game for Ep 9 is called "Layoff", based from the Food Chain game.

Apparently, it would be something like an office setup where instead of eating a prey, you can fire or layoff someone beneath you.

And also, another variable has been added, it seems like they'll be making use of chips.. or something. They have that white pouch again.

Episode 8 was such a drag. It was boring and Yohwan...sigh!

He just blew a chance to stop Sangmin. No offense to Sangmin's fans. He is really great player.

It started with everyone agreeing to oust Sangmin. It was a common goal for all players, it seems. The thing was nobody had a plan. Even if they have any plan at all, nobody wanted to risk being targeted for DM in case the plan failed. (Sangmin always wins Main Match, therefore immunity) Everyone was just being wary and promised not to interfere with each others' play. Their 'plan' was not to allow Sangmin to come 1st.

Now comes the irritating part. Yohwan was the one saying they shouldn't interfere with each others' play. He ends up cutting off Jiwon's number twice.This was when i felt Yohwan was insincere in taking Sangmin out.

I feel that Yohwan, in this episode, was desperate to prove himself. A lot of comments about him not being as smart as he was thought to be. So i believe he wanted to win the game selfishly (using Jiwon & NHC) to prove them wrong.

At first, i thought that maybe he was overly enthusiastic when he bought -30 but when he took -34 , i begin to doubt his actions. If he was sincere, he should cut Sangmin's number off but instead he cut off Jiwon's not once but twice. It made me question his intentions.

Junhyun was showing more this time. Since there are less players to target for DM, Junhyun might feel more vulnerable. He also felt that it was weird for Yohwan to take -30, which i felt made him go back to Sangmin since the alliance cannot be trusted.

NHC was being himself. Trusting people and sticking to the plan. Cheering up the show and adding humour.

Yooyoung was being all cute and fragile in this episode. She wants to appear less of a threat She wins easily.

Sangmin was expected to win as well and with no hindrance from anybody, it was easy. He is smart not to ruffle anyone's feathers in this episode.

Jiwon just wants to stop going to DM. It was psychologically draining for him. Thus when Yohwan cut him off, he got angry at the possibility of being last again. I didn't think he betrayed Yohwan since it was fair for him to collect -30s and followed through his plans (which accidentally was the same plan as Yohwan's - collecting big numbers) when he got -33 first. He bought the -31 to save himself since Yohwan already cut him off twice at both ends which was contrary to what was agreed.

DM

Junhyun took a great risk and was lucky. He was smart about not revealing the image on the board. If NHC were to get a few more of them right, his plan would have failed. NHC just couldn't chose the right board.

My conclusion for this episode, Yohwan secretly has the desire to sent Jiwon to DM and finally finish him off. He will be hail as a hero since Jiwon is having a bad reputation in the game.That will definitely boost Yohwan popularity and image. His actions speaks for itself. So it seems that everyone has accepted that Sangmin will be in the final. The other players are now fighting it out to see who will challenge Sangmin.

Who might actually win

Sangmin

Yooyoung

Jiwon

Junhyung

Yohwan

Guest snowdjinn

alynwiz said: Jiwon just wants to stop going to DM. It was psychologically draining for him. Thus when Yohwan cut him off, he got angry at the possibility of being last again. I didn't think he betrayed Yohwan since it was fair for him to collect -30s and followed through his plans (which accidentally was the same plan as Yohwan's - collecting big numbers) when he got -33 first. He bought the -31 to save himself since Yohwan already cut him off twice at both ends which was contrary to what was agreed.

alynwiz said: Episode 8 was such a drag. It was boring and Yohwan...sigh! He just blew a chance to stop Sangmin. No offense to Sangmin's fans. He is really great player. It started with everyone agreeing to oust Sangmin. It was a common goal for all players, it seems. The thing was nobody had a plan. Even if they have any plan at all, nobody wanted to risk being targeted for DM in case the plan failed. (Sangmin always wins Main Match, therefore immunity) Everyone was just being wary and promised not to interfere with each others' play. Their 'plan' was not to allow Sangmin to come 1st. Now comes the irritating part. Yohwan was the one saying they shouldn't interfere with each others' play. He ends up cutting off Jiwon's number twice.This was when i felt Yohwan was insincere in taking Sangmin out. I feel that Yohwan, in this episode, was desperate to prove himself. A lot of comments about him not being as smart as he was thought to be. So i believe he wanted to win the game selfishly (using Jiwon & NHC) to prove them wrong. At first, i thought that maybe he was overly enthusiastic when he bought -30 but when he took -34 , i begin to doubt his actions. If he was sincere, he should cut Sangmin's number off but instead he cut off Jiwon's not once but twice. It made me question his intentions. Junhyun was showing more this time. Since there are less players to target for DM, Junhyun might feel more vulnerable. He also felt that it was weird for Yohwan to take -30, which i felt made him go back to Sangmin since the alliance cannot be trusted. NHC was being himself. Trusting people and sticking to the plan. Cheering up the show and adding humour. Yooyoung was being all cute and fragile in this episode. She wants to appear less of a threat She wins easily. Sangmin was expected to win as well and with no hindrance from anybody, it was easy. He is smart not to ruffle anyone's feathers in this episode. Jiwon just wants to stop going to DM. It was psychologically draining for him. Thus when Yohwan cut him off, he got angry at the possibility of being last again. I didn't think he betrayed Yohwan since it was fair for him to collect -30s and followed through his plans (which accidentally was the same plan as Yohwan's - collecting big numbers) when he got -33 first. He bought the -31 to save himself since Yohwan already cut him off twice at both ends which was contrary to what was agreed. DM Junhyun took a great risk and was lucky. He was smart about not revealing the image on the board. If NHC were to get a few more of them right, his plan would have failed. NHC just couldn't chose the right board. My conclusion for this episode, Yohwan secretly has the desire to sent Jiwon to DM and finally finish him off. He will be hail as a hero since Jiwon is having a bad reputation in the game.That will definitely boost Yohwan popularity and image. His actions speaks for itself. So it seems that everyone has accepted that Sangmin will be in the final. The other players are now fighting it out to see who will challenge Sangmin. Who might actually win Sangmin Yooyoung Jiwon Junhyung Yohwan

@snowdjinn

Initially, that was what i thought of Yohwan too but in this episode, he was all over the place. Messing up the alliance and going against his own allies. It was the only explanation I can think of when I looked back at his actions. I mean he can't be that daft and clueless, right? Or maybe he is...

I am excited for next week. It's going to be very exciting.

Archived