Quantcast

[Reality Show] The Genius Season 2 더지니어스 2 - TVN

actually, Jinho and Yohwan were never in the same alliance. (as far as i noticed)it just seems like they were b'coz when Yohwan is in 'danger' he seek help from Jinho, which rather funny (e.g him following Jinho like a puppy, begging him in his knees etc.) and he always jump team when he feels that will help him survive on the game. That's why even though other players keep saying that the both of them are on the same team Jinho keeps denying it because it's the truth it is Yohwan who keeps following him.
and episode 6 the broadcast alliance/ Sangmin has this belief that it is -them vs. Jinho, Doohee & Yohwan. When in fact IT IS Jinho-Doohee and Yohwan. Aside from that Jinho decides at the start that it is better to have twos on a team and Yohwan decides to play alone. The reason why they were (is th on the same place eg. hallway because they are being outcast.
And the one mastemind of thinking that they were alliance is Sangmin who keeps feeding the thought that they were alliance--- because to Sangmin Jinho is a big threat per se.. isn't it keeps saying that when it's individual game Jinho has the upper hand more-so if he was push in the corner, he shows his real ability.
And poor Doohee, i think f he wasn't betrayed and devastated like that i think he will really really choose Jinho in a Death Match (why? because the way he said it, it feels like to him it is a good chance and honor? to play w/ him/ one-on-one... the boy adores Jinho LMAO)
*oh-- i've seen a gif wherein before Jiwon pushed red, he lowered his head and snark (is this the right word?) "he has this face of YOU PABBO" that's why i'm not sold out on his act of I FEEL SORRY for him after that and saying why am i first. (he seems do it on purpose) cuz' if he really is sorry he should say flatly and straight that he won't help him.
I am sorry for the comparison but i keep seeing Nao-chan on Doohee especially when he said "is it wrong to trust... blah blah" i swear Nao-chan said a line similar to this in Liar Game.. *LOL it's obvious i am shipping Jinho-Doohee this season*
@snowdjinn you were right he was too nice for the game. But i guess he didn't thought something like this will happen on the show b'coz the atmosphere of season 1 is nice and the competitors became friend (heck- i stalk at Jinho's FB- (does he have twitter?) and i saw that he is now friends w/ some of them) and season 2 is just has this intense atmosphere- it was shown that he was upset of what is happening... even Sangmin can pinpoint that.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah jinho does. I have the accounts of a couple of other contestants as well (Although you can probably find them from jinho's)Here: 

JinhoPoongSangminDooheeJungmoonYuramChangyeopJae-kyung
Since the cast of the Genius is (for the most part) not that famous I wasn't really able to find most of their accounts. I tried to find as many as I could though, and there were some accounts (For Sunggyu, Gura, Hongchul, Jiwon) that seemed like they were fakes so I didn't include them. 

SiantL said: Yeah jinho does. I have the accounts of a couple of other contestants as well (Although you can probably find them from jinho's)Here: 

JinhoPoongSangminDooheeJungmoonYuramChangyeopJae-kyung
Since the cast of the Genius is (for the most part) not that famous I wasn't really able to find most of their accounts. I tried to find as many as I could though, and there were some accounts (For Sunggyu, Gura, Hongchul, Jiwon) that seemed like they were fakes so I didn't include them. 

I think there's this perception that there are two alliances: boardcast vs non-broadcast. The first one who brought up this theory was Eunkyul, but he was not that smart insisting about wanting to eliminate Jiwon-Hongchul-Sangmin IN FRONT OF HONGCHUL. I'm more inclined to think he had beef with Jiwon as production hinted that Eunkyul's insistence on choosing Jiwon was way too blatant throughout Ep4 which was heavily edited as well. However, that gave Sangmin the 'legitimate' reason from then on to convince that they, the "broadcast" alliance, must eliminate the other 'alliance'. His only target was Jinho anyway, but the way he kept harping about Jinho-Duhee-Yohwan being so formidable both as individual and team amused me - Yohwan couldn't even put up a fight in any of the games save for Ep5 DM.
As for the alleged 'non-broadcast alliance' Jinho-Duhee-Yohwan, I think it is obvious that there is not even a proper alliance among them three. Yohwan had never been in an alliance with Jinho and in fact went all out of his way to make sure Jinho fall. Only until the moment he wanted to save himself from being selected into DM then did he turn to Jinho for help. Duhee allied with Jinho's team (which included "broadcast alliance") for Ep3 and teamed for Ep4 (which again included "broadcast alliance"), but for the rest he basically was up against Jinho. He had reiterated he wanted to eliminate Jinho in Ep5, and his team (hello again "broadcast alliance") left Jinho with only two chips that they thought the bills would nullify and throw Jinho into DM as joint elimination candidates, but both he and Sangmin interpreted Jinho's bill wrongly. Even in Ep6 when he told Sangmin the same he wanted Jinho in DM, just that he couldn't stomach that his ID was stolen rendering him out of the game, so he'd choose one of the culprits. Jinho was close to Duhee personally but it does not mean he brought the same feelings into the game. He shared with Duhee the location of the safe, likely as a personal favour after the game ended, but did not even bother to plead with Duhee who destroyed his chips in Ep5 because he understood that's the way how the game should be played and he respected that. 
Another perception was that viewers who thrashed Ep6 and the 'broadcast alliance' (actually there was only Jiwon-Yooyoung in Ep6; Hongchul and Junghyun were more neutral, the latter was the one who wanted them to return Duhee's card when he found out about the theft; Sangmin was an opportunist who leaned to no one except himself, and manipulated Jiwon-Yooyoung as well) must be Jinho's fans. I'd like to see these people as fans who are passionate about the PROGRAMME. They came to watch it not because of broadcast folks, but only because they love this type of programme and related dramas like Liar Game and Kaiji. What they are peeved at is that games and wit, the selling points of the show, had been sullied, overshadowed and destroyed by mindless antics by both participants and production team. Hongchul, Yooyoung and Duhee were heavily chastised during Ep4, though they seemed nothing now when compared to Ep6. Sure, there were 'betrayals' in season 1 (the mass under-table exodus for the Election Game, Eunji lied about her clue for Scamming Horse Race; Sunggyu lied about the potion in Zombie game), but they were restricted to the games as a way to win and they knew there were lines that should not be breached, like totally depriving a fellow participant the right to play. They played their games to win for themselves, not just about ousting or outcasting people. If they want to watch such 'drama', they'd watch Survivor series and not this programme.
It has been a trying and controversial week. The only hope is that the programme will turn its focus back on games from Ep7 onwards, since the PD promised it would be individually based from then on. We'll have to wait and see.

oohh someone pointed out in this forum http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=433754&currentpage=36that Jinho didn't play the game... now that i remember he is just leisurely sitting  (e.g)in the hall w/ Yohwan and Doohee... he didn't even care if Doohee plays for him using his card. ( i mean he traded w/ Yohwan but after that...none)

@Jenny T, yeah that's my sentiment about this season as a Liar Game fan... i feel terrible at what i am seeing.if the production staff are having a hard time making the games -IMO the games feels like the same, just throw too many rules and blah blah blah)they should read/watch Lar Game or Kaiji to have an Idea for games... just like in season 1. Liar Game fans knows what game in LG is the game of the episode came from/similar. 
Like when i watch the preview of the Zombie Game my reaction was. "AH!! that's just like the LG's Angel/Demon"

Guest EvelynG

Another thing I just can't get over is that Sangmin is so focused on winning and money. Ever since season 1, that episode where they brought a friend to help in the scamming horse race, I remember Sunggyu used A LOT of garnets to buy clues. Sangmin was so surprised and shocked that Sunggyu is wasting the garnets (=money) away like that. When I heard that I knew exactly what kind of person Sangmin is. Usually at the beginning of the game, people would go "ooooh and ahhh" over the garnets. But as the game goes on, people tend to forget about the garnets and focus on the games and not being eliminated. But the fact the Sangmin always keep in mind how many garnets are shared amongst everyone which equates to the reward money, that just shows his personality clearly. Even if a person thinks that, he/she should not have said that out loud. No wonder he is so selfish. I think everyone in Season 1 was smart not fully trusting him. 

Someone on TL forum posted that the production team had come out to apologise for the ID card theft and that they should not have allowed it to happen. They said they will be stricter about this in future. Well, Duhee is gone now, the reputation of the programme tainted, rating for this season downvoted to below 2 (last season's rating was 9+, out of 10), so that's scant consolation. Sigh. 
From the trailer, it looks like every one has refocussed on playing the games in Ep7, so that's some good news. 
By the way, this is the only episode in two seasons that the production team will not be releasing any Behind-The-Scene cut, something that I always look forward to after every episode. :( 

I've just watched ep 6 and yes, ep 4, in comparison, is much more simple and harmless!! But I felt a little bit sad as Jinho did not have much scenes, and seemed like he did not have chance to be on screen, like he was isolated :'(I expect Jinho and Yohwan to have deeper connection, like 'chemistry', later on, haha!!Anw, I felt really bad for Doohee :'( Cannot believe that such twists could happen in a sequence of one episode.

Guest snowdjinn

Reply Evelyn G. (about Sangmin being selfish)
Sure, Sangmin wants the garnets. He wants to win. And he wants to win as many garnets as possible. Thats normal. Thats what all Genius players want. The Genius is not a feel-good K-Variety Show like "We got married" or a K-drama. Its about Players eliminating each other to get a lot of money. Do you really want to make Sangmin a bad person just because he wants to win ? The Show wants the players to do mindgames. Thats all Sangmin is doing. The same goes for making alliances. If Sangmin is able to make a 5 vs 3 alliance then this is a social skill and not a superevil selfishness. Its part of the game. If Jinho did a 5 vs 3 alliance and kicked out Jiwon everyone would be like "he is such a hero how he got everyone to accept him as leader and eliminated Jiwon." I think we should stop making some players superevil and some players pure good. I mean Jinho killed his ally in S1 Ep1. He also eliminated his ally Poong. "i thought i get no more allies, so i killed Poong." He is no angel, and he shouldnt be. It would be stupid to act too nice. if you are too nice to the other players you get eliminated. Just like Doohee.

Reply to Jenny T (about existence of Alliances)
Obviously, Jiwon+Hongchul help each other. Hongchul betrayed his team in Ep4 to save Jiwon. He stopped Eunkyul from eliminating Jiwon not only in the Death Candidate Selection but also later in the Ep4 Death Match itself. There are many moments in Genius 2 when HongChul and Jiwon help each other and join the same team. Sangmin is ALWAYS on the same team as Jiwon and you can see them help each other all the time as well. Jiwon was the one who helped Sangmin to get the Immortality object. Jiwon is the one person that Sangmin tells all his secrets. In my opinion, its quite obvious that there is a strong alliance Sangmin-Hongchul-Jiwon. Jiwon is the one who holds this alliance together. i am pretty sure they meet outside the show and make strategies. Come On, its about real money, they know each other, and you see them help each other during the show.
Now, Jinho-Doohee are obviously a team. They are always working together in all episodes so far. The only exception is Ep2 but thats because their randomly-picked numbers dont go together. Yohwan is trying to stay out of trouble. He is not a full member of this alliance but he IS a friend of Jinho. Because of that real life friendship he will help Jinho if Jinho really needs help. He even admitted that he wants to eliminate Jinho at the end of the game. ("I want Jinho to get 2nd place." is what he said in Ep6). So yes, he is not officially part of Team Jinho but he will always help them because they are more reliable allies for him than Broadcaster Players. He can trust them more since he is a personal friend of Jinho.  Thats why there are 2 strong alliances.

Reply to Jenny T.  (Ep7 they play the game)
That makes sense. Sangmin+Jiwon+Hongchul have destroyed the other alliance. Jinho only has his friend Yohwan. So right now, the situation has changed. Now its single players. I still think, if a good opportunity offers itself, the Broadcaster alliance will use that to push Jinho into a death match. He is Season 1 Champion and all players must try to eliminate him before it gets to the Semi-Final and Final. Thats just a good strategy, its not something pure evil. He is the most dangerous player.  Once again, "The Genius" is no feel good K-drama or "Happy Together". Its an strategic elimination show for real money. Yes, its a bit cruel. I think thats the nature of the show.

snowdjinn thanks for your response. However, I think you did not fully read all my points? 
I agree Hongchul helped Jiwon in Ep4 because of their friendship, and that Eunkyul was blunt in insisting he wanted to break them IN FRONT OF HONGCHUL. However, in Ep6 Hongchul had nothing to do with the 'hiding' of the card nor the betrayals, though he and Junghyun tagged along to exchange cards. Sangmin used whoever he wanted depending on who's useful to him at that point of time, including Jiwon. He used Jinho as well for Ep3 to become joint winners. The only true ally he ever had was Sunggyu in S1. 
Besides Ep2 where Duhee cut off Jinho's lineup several times, Jinho-Duhee did not cooperate in Ep5 either. In fact Duhee destroyed Jinho's chips as I mentioned earlier, not sure if you missed that part. I also mentioned that Yohwan was never with Jinho except when he needed help to get out of DM, and he was originally with the other team for Ep5 until Yoonsun pulled him in. For that episode Jinho was alone except when he went in to suggest Yoonsun-Yohwan for the infinite red chip idea, though he himself had already sat out of the game. Yohwan gave away the safe location to Sangmin and bomb card to Yooyoung in Ep6, again nothing to do with Jinho, except when they had to chat to while away time with Duhee in the lobby since every one else were ignoring them. So again the Jinho-Yohwan 'alliance' was non-existent despite what Sangmin kept harping on.

I think we have to agree to disagree since it seemed that we are repeating the same points over and over again inconclusively.

I believe what bears reiterating that there is nothing wrong with using your skills, abilities or even fluid alliances or betrayals to win, but this is ultimately a game show, not a Big Brother. Like I said, people have Survivor and BB series to go to if they want to watch such programmes, but The Genius is not one of them. Games should always be the focus as in Season 1. Even Sunggyu, the self-admitting 'king of betrayal', did not go about taking away people's means of playing games, because every one well knew there are limits that should not be breached even if there is money at stake, because everything you do will be amplified on TV - and rightfully so. If you were willing to risk your reputation with such antics, then you should be prepared to bear the backlash that comes with it.
What people are not liking in this season is that players are too intent about eliminating others rather than playing the games, even to the extent of fixing a target even before games had started (Ep4) and 'hiding' of an item which shut a player totally out from playing the game (Ep6). Even the PD admitted that the flow and focus of the programme had gone awry far from what they intended, and that they had tried to steer the flow back but were not very successful because of the reactions of certain participants (they did not state who). Now that they had to even issue apology for the "hiding" of the card, though it was scant consolation to every one involved in that episode.

I'm most likely one of the very, very few people who is still rooting for Jiwon. Perhaps, nothing I'll say or will happen could ever redeem him in your eyes because of the 6th ep. I respect that. 
Not a single person was happy in this episode. It wasn't just Doohee who ended up crying during filming, airing and the aftermath. 
Everyone was in so much pressure during that round that I think Jiwon was no longer able to weigh the consequences of his actions. He just did what he thought would benefit his team. 

This week has been too hard. I would sometimes come across hate messages on Jiwon even if I'm not looking for them. It just sucks. Just because of the wrong decisions he made just in this very episode, almost everyone hates him now. It was a colossal betrayal, I know, but as his fan, it hurts a lot. But I'll always stand by him.
Reading here is already quite tough for me. But thank you, everyone for not being as harsh as the others would have been. 

I was trying to join isubs weeks ago, but I could never get an approval, hence I created this thread. @snowdjinn are you snow from that forum? If yes, I've always appreciated how you analyze every bit of the games in each episode. :)

NgocV said: I've just watched ep 6 and yes, ep 4, in comparison, is much more simple and harmless!! But I felt a little bit sad as Jinho did not have much scenes, and seemed like he did not have chance to be on screen, like he was isolated :'(I expect Jinho and Yohwan to have deeper connection, like 'chemistry', later on, haha!!Anw, I felt really bad for Doohee :'( Cannot believe that such twists could happen in a sequence of one episode.

Guest snowdjinn

Reply to Craptelly
hehe. Yes, i am snow from ISUBS forum. Yes, i did a little bit of analysis of genius games on ISUBS. Thank You very much for Your nice words. i am happy someone enjoyed my postings.  :-)

Reply to Jenny T.
Okay, sorry if i missed this in Your previous postings. Okay, just like You said, we just agree to disagree about alliances. But we DO agree on the fact that the focus should be the games. I love Genius because of the awesome mindgames and just like Craptelly said, i am very obsessed with analyzing the games. I think Season 2 games are super-interesting and super-awesome and its a shame that the players refused to play them correctly. I feel many good games are wasted and ruined because of Season 2 players. I also think The Genius staff has tried to fix it by choosing games that are more about individual play (it made no sense to betray in the 5 vs 5 game, it is actually designed to make betrayal useless since the loser team will have both death match candidates. The same with ep5. The different goals should make many small teams of 2 players instead of this superbig superstrong team.) Its just the problem that the players kept ignoring the rules and just decided to join forces and bully 2 or 3 single players. Thats also why i suspect strong alliances that the players try to hide from the viewer.

Genius is what the Players want it to be

About your statement that Genius is not like Big Brother.... that IS the problem. The players have much influence on the show. Season 1 players tried to solve the mindgames and concentrated on the games. we loved that. Season 2 players play it as if it was Big Brother or any other tough Survival Show. They ignore the games and just concentrate on eliminating certain players. we hate that but it is also a legitimate way to play the Genius. i dont like it but i think Genius can be a nice show like Season 1 and with the same rules it can also be a cruel show like Season 2. Its up to the players and how they play it.

the sad Truth ?
Maybe... in the Genius its most effective to ignore the games and the game rules and just concentrate on having the majority of players in your team and then bully the others into death matches. Maybe its just the sad truth.

my Favorite Players  - (after episode 6)

1. Sangmin

2. Hongchul

3. Yohwan

4. Junghyun

5. Jinho

6. YooYoung

7. Jiwon

Most Likely to win - (after episode 6)

1. Sangmin

2. Jiwon

3. YooYoung

4. HongChul

5. Jinho

6. Yohwan

7. JungHyun

In private he hangs out often with Doohee and Super Junior's Heechul as they stay close to one another. He is also on good terms with Dahye (the Go player eliminated in Ep3) and most players from Season 1. Incidentally he does not meet Yohwan that often, they are probably 'sick of seeing each other' after more than ten years. J/k, it's because Yohwan's partner is quite possessive, haha.

Episode 6 was just too upsetting for me. This is a GAME show and not a drama with villains and heroes but somehow it's turning into one UGLY GAME show now. At the end, I'm feeling so sorry for Doohee, even though he was the weakest link.  I hope the final winner is not from this alliance- Yooyoung, Sangmin & Jiwon. (I'm also wondering what's the viewers response and rating from Season 1  vs 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boe2fezIcQw.

Talks about Jinho's career options, his recent popularity because of the Genius, his relationship with Yohwan, Doohee, Heechul. Also talks about how he's the "desire of Korean women" right now. (Their words not mine)

Subbed by Bumdidlyumptious as always.

Guest StarryAyu

Yay finally found this awesome post on soompi !
Hi everyone I am new here...I just want to find a place to rant about episode 6, just watched it today, kinda pissed off
Dulhee was my favorite in the show, I was rooting for him the whole time. Right now I just hate Jiwon and that girl. Chinese netizens are bitching about them too on weibo and baidu. Also Chinese netizens said K netizens especially PC world are bitching about those two too. 
I hope Jiwon or that girl get eliminated in ep 7!

Archived