Search Function

Guest kujaichi

Guest kujaichi

Hi!

I hope there isn't a similar thread already, but I couldn't find one, which actually directly brings me to the problem at hand ;)

As you can see, I'm not long a Soompi member yet, and at first I only visited my two or three threads and was happy with that. But when the present hunt started, I tried to use the search function and honestly thought it was simply broken.
Now I just discovered - purely by chance! - that I always searched in the "1 day" range, which - surprise, surprise - most of the time didn't get me any results.
To be honest, I think it's kinda, erm, not so smart, to have that as the default setting... especially when it's not obvious how you can access the advanced search options.

The second problem is that even with the advanced search, you can only search 1 year ago... And I mean, really?

Therefore my suggestions would be:

1. Change the default from 1 day to, I don't know, at least a month or so, though I think it'd be better to not have a time limit there.
2. Add the search and the above problem to the "How to"
3. If you leave the time limit as a default setting, it would be good to have some kind of notice of that at the top of the search results.
4. Make the access to the advanced search options more obvious than only that arrow.
5. Make it possible to search for stuff that's been posted longer than a year ago - I mean, come on, seriously!

Thanks for reading and I hope you'll consider my suggestions! :)

Archived