[Hong Kong Mini Drama 2014] A Time for Love 愛情來的時候

sugarplum892

Screenshot_3.png

Details:Title: 愛情來的時候 / Ai Qing Lai De Shi Hou
English title: A Time for Love
Genre: City / Modern, Tragedy, Comedy and CartoonEpisodes: 4Production Company: TVB
Broadcast Period: January 26, 2014 - February 16, 2014Broadcast Days: Sundays
Cast:Charmaine Sheh Kenneth MaKate Tsui Linda Chung Wong Cho LamJames Wen Chris Wang Aaron YanNaomi Watanabe
Yeon Jung HoonHank ChenRaymond Lam
Synopsis:The four themes will be City / Modern, Tragedy, Comedy and Cartoon.
A Time of Love in MALAYSIA
Theme: Tragedy Cast: Kate Tsui, Chris Wang, James Wen 
A car accident took away SHAN (Kate Tsui) memory, even the one she loved! The only thing she knew was SING (Chris Wang) risked his life to rescue her from the accident. Because of the rescue, SING had trouble walking and cost him his career as a racer. It was also because of this accident, SHAN and SING developed a romantic relationship and eventually moved in together. The couple had a sweet heart warming life together, SHAN thought SING was the love of her life and the two decided to get married. The couple spent a few days preparing for their wedding, but then SHAN encounters her Taiwanese ex-boyfriend HO (James Wen). HO said SHAN was his ex-girlfriend and took her to many different places that looked familiar to her...(aZnangel) 

A Time of Love in SINGAPORE Theme: City / ModernCast: Charmaine Sheh, Kenneth Ma, Hank Chen
Singapore creation company's female high executive CRYSTAL (Charmaine Sheh) received a wedding invitation from her ex-boyfriend. When she was thinking about whether she should go, she coincidentally encountered a young employee OSCAR (Kenneth Ma), who had just transferred to Singapore from Hong Kong. CRYSTAL used her authority to force OSCAR to be her partner and accompany her to the wedding, so she can upset her ex-boyfriend! Unfortunately, the two encountered a chain of misunderstandings along the way. OSCAR thought CRYSTAL was bring a bag full of dangerous weapons to the wedding, and the two ended up at the police station! OSCAR later saw the soft side of his authoritative female superior and realized she had her weakness towards love too. When the two were released from the police station, the wedding was already over, but CRYSTAL still insisted that they go meet her ex-boyfriend, OSCAR had no other choice but to continue being her partner...(aZnangel) 

A Time of Love in KOREA Theme: ComedyCast: Linda Chung, Yeon Jung Hoon 
Korean illustrator KING (Yeon Jung Hoon) is not only an artist, but also works part-time as a Korean tutor. One time, a gorgeously dressed girl from Hong Kong LINDA (Linda Chung) hired him to teach her Korean because she and her boyfriend were preparing to move to Korea. During her lessons, LINDA's arrogant attitude made KING dislike her, but in order to make a living KING continued to be her teacher. However as time goes by, KING's impression on LINDA began to change and he discovered the cute side of her. At the same time, KING also found out about the secret between LINDA and her boyfriend...(aZnangel) 

A Time of Love in JAPAN Theme: CartoonCast: Wong Cho Lam, Naomi Wantabe, Arron Yan 
CHAN DAI TIN (Arron Yan) is from Taiwan, he flew to Japan because he wanted to know the secret of the 300 year old fruit shop "Wadaya". In Japan, he went around looking for Wadaya's 10th generation descendant YOSHIKO WADA (Naomi). Unexpectedly when TIN got to Wadaya, he was surprised to see YOSHIKO was actually a fat and ugly girl. YOSHIKO had to follow her family tradition of marrying before age 30 otherwise "Wadaya" will end in her second Uncle's hands! To prevent this from happening, YOSHIKO set the terms with TIN, she wanted him to pretend he's married to her until she turns 30...(aZnangel) 
Previews:

Malaysia

Japan

Theme Songs:Tragedy Malaysia Story: Forgetting Love  - Joyce Cheng

City/Modern Singapore Story: Pause  - Jinny Ng

Comedy Korea Story: Piano's Cry - Linda Chung

Behind the Scenes:Episode 2 - Singaporehttp://youtu.be/OgscvpKgQDo

Kate Tsui Kisses Chris Wang Two Days After Meeting Him
Friday January 3, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily
Translated by: aZnangel
Posted Image Posted Image

Earlier Kate Tsui was shooting for TVB mini movie A Time For Love in Malaysia with two Taiwanese actors Chris Wang and James Wen. The schedule was tight, Kate and the crew only had five days to complete one hour of screen time. It had only been two days since Kate met Chris, and they already had to do a kiss scene. Kate was extremely worried: "We had a kiss scene on the second day, I feared we would look awkward and unnatural, but Chris is a great guy. He chatted with me to help me quickly get into character. Also it was a simple kiss, everything went smoothly." Kate's other co-star James Wen was all praises for Kate. He expressed they had more scenes together, thus they quickly became good friends. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
___________________ class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Raymond Lam is Out for "Fussing", Kenneth Ma Replaces him in 'A Time For Love'Friday January 3, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Oriental Daily

In the past year Raymond Lam had been focused more on his romance with his girlfriend Karena Ng. Last year because he was ill, he couldn't take part in the Tung Wah Charity Show performance and Chin Ka Lok had to fill in for him. Recently TVB invested nearly HK$10 million on a mini movie A Time of Love and invited stars from Taiwan, Korea and Japan to collaborate with their artists. However, it was rumored Raymond was "fussing" to change roles because he didn't get to collaborate with the other stars and just got to pair with Charmaine Sheh. TVB got upset by his "fussing" and replaced him his role with Kenneth Ma.

This year Raymond Lam had a high chance of getting the Most Popular Male Singer award at the JSG Music Awards, but it looks like things might change now! Although this year TVB changed the rules by allowing the Most Popular Male/Female Singer awards to be determined all on the audience votes, TVB had been repeatedly trying to get music fans to vote for Alfred Hui instead. As for the Female Singer Award, Joey Yung is the hot favorite, but Kary Ng and GEM Tang are strong opponents too.

Yesterday Kenneth Ma accepted a telephone interview and responded to the rumor. He expressed its an honor to be part of a Lunar New Year mini movie: "I was notified a few days ago. I'm very pleased to have the opportunity to collaborate with Charmaine. (Fear the public may say your just a filler?) No, I knew Raymond initially had this role." It was rumored because Raymond felt he had been "downgraded" because he only got to collaborate with local artists? Kenneth laughed and said its better to collaborate with local artists because its easier to communicate. He also disclosed TVB hired a Taiwan filming crew and they have the freedom to develop the mini film as they wish, and there is Miss Singapore in the cast. Kenneth said: "It's not downgrading at all, I'm excited to work with Charmaine!" As for Raymond, he did not respond in time. 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Kenneth Ma: Happy to Work with Charmaine Sheh; Charmaine: Hope To Create New SparksTuesday January 7, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: Mingpao

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image(Charmaine & Kenneth filming in Singapore, credit @原味小宝@Weibo)

It was sure a lively atmosphere at the airport yesterday. Not only were Hawick Lau, Yang Mi and their family was seen, Stephen Chow was seen dressed all black in a hurry to enter the gate. He did not stop for interviews. Kenneth Ma and Charmaine Sheh were also spotted taking off to Singapore to work on their new mini movie A Time of Love

It was rumored Raymond Lam was suppose to shoot this mini movie with Charmaine, but because Raymond didn't get to collaborate with the non-local artists, he gave up the role and Kenneth Ma replaced him. Did Kenneth fill Raymond's shoes? Kenneth expressed he did not feel upset by the rumor. He laughed: "I'm very pleased to have the opportunity to work with Charmaine, so I won't feel unhappy. I definitely don't mind." Charmaine helped with the defense: "Why would he mind?" Charmaine anticipates to create new sparks with Kenneth, she said: "We have never officially collaborated before. I'm very happy, hope its something refreshing." 

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Charmaine Sheh joins in the chase for Kenneth Ma?Posted Image

Hong Kong stars Charmaine Sheh and Kenneth Ma were recently seen on a date together, sparking rumours that Charmaine has joined in the 'chase' for Kenneth, after Rebecca Zhu and Tracy Chu, both of whom were rumoured to be close to the TVB heartthrob.

Charmaine and Kenneth were in Singapore recently to film a special TVB telemovie series called A Time of Love, in which Charmaine plays the role of a haughty boss, who's constantly dressed to the nines. But the generally 'dull' Kenneth appeared to be indifferent to her sexy dressing, causing Charmaine to 'sigh in mock resignation'.

The pair had a sweet and intimate cycling scene in Singapore with lots of close contact, and both actors seemed to be very comfortable with each other. They were later sighted having dinner together.

In response to the rumours, Kenneth said: 'Charmaine actually guessed what the headlines would be! We knew there was a reporter there, and she guessed that we would be in the news the next day.'

In an interview with local media last Thursday, when Charmaine was asked if she'd consider Kenneth as a potential boyfriend, the actress laughed it off and said: 'There's no rush in this, right? We've only started filming for two days!'

Posted Image

Source

• 2 weeks later...

class="ipsType_pagetitle" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 26px; font-weight: 300; line-height: 1.3; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; color: rgb(50, 50, 50); background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);""A Time Of Love" Mini Movie Premiere EventWednesday January 22, 2014 Hong Kong
Source: On.cc 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Yesterday Charmaine Sheh, Kenneth Ma, Linda Chung, Kate Tsui, Yeon Jung Hoon, James Wen, Chris Tong, 6 Wing, Wong Cho Lam, Ben Wong and Ikehata Reina attended the premiere of TVB mini movie A Time Of Love. Kate and James are in the Malaysia chapter, Kate expressed she had great chemistry with James while they rehearsed the script and looks forward to their next collaboration. Asked if they had any memorable moments? James smiled and said it was very tiring because they were filming 8-12 hours each day which consumed a lot of his physical strength. Kate expressed there was a scene where she got her memory back and went sobbing to the train station to find James, she said: "That day we had to wait for the last train departure before we could start filming, so if I missed it, I would have to wait until the next day. For this scene, I had to be crying while banging on the train. I remember scaring the real passengers." 

In the trailer of the Singapore chapter, Charmaine was seen opening fire with a gun, but she later explained because the scene was about how she broke up with her boyfriend and she imagined killing him, so it was a little exaggerated. Kenneth added: "When I got the script, I thought this was a romantic film, but now I don't know how it turned into a suspenseful film? But the story is actually quite interesting." 

Chris Tong finds Kenneth Tall, Skinny & Attractive 

Chris Tong will be involved in a love triangle with Kenneth and Charmaine. She praised her two co-stars with fluent Cantonese. She expressed the two are her idols, but she recalled when she first met Charmaine, she was really scared: "Because Charmaine is a Big Sister, and since she's my love rival in the series, she was really rude and had a murderous expression. Of course, she isn't rude/mean in real life though, it is just I felt pressure working with her. I thought Kenneth added a lot of his own style into the character, it feels very comfortable working with him. He's very cute." There was one scene Chris shook hands with Kenneth, she said he gave her a hard handshake. "I even told him not to use so much strength because my fatty parts will start moving. (He's the seun poon in HK, did he electrify you?) Well in Asia, he's considered a seun poon too. In person, he's really tall, skinny and attractive. (Do you want this seun poon?) Haha, he's a seun poon. I don't think I'll get my turn." Chris expressed she has a long time boyfriend, who is not in the industry. 

Linda Addresses Yeon Jung Hoon Intimately "Fun Fun" 

Linda and Korean actor Yeon Jung Hoon are in the Korea chapter. Linda disclosed on stage when she first arrived in Korea, she immediately went out to dinner with Yeon and crew to get to know them more. At the dinner, she found out their language barrier vanished because Yeon knew English. Linda even addressed Yeon as "Fun Fun" (part of his Chinese name), the MC teased and asked whether Yeon liked Hong Kong girls? Linda responded for him: "He already has a very beautiful wife." 

Linda expressed she learned the professional spirit from the Korean artists and praised their acting is very natural. There were many scenes they completed in one take. Asked if she learned Korean too? Linda laughed: "I learned a curse word, it is a vulgar way to describe a bad person. (Yeon taught you?) No, that scene was about me yelling to vent out my anger." 

When speaking of Linda addressing Yeon as "Fun Fun", does Yeon know what she said? Linda asked Yeon the same question in English, he expressed it felt very good and familiar because Koreans usually address one another by their full names. Asked whether his wife had any jealousy that Linda BB is addressing him so intimately? Yeon laughed: "No, my wife is open and not that sensitive. Koreans have a lot of respect for their seniors and strong views on social class, therefore they don't address one another too close, so this feels quite refreshing." Linda expressed the most intimate scene she had with Yeon was when she fed him fishballs and when they went ice skating romantically.

Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: aZnangel @ http://asianuniverse.net 
TVB Rating Report (01/20/2014 - 01/26/2014) 
Dramas Outbound Love - 單戀雙城 (EPS 01-05) - 26 PTS (Peaking at 27 PTS) 
Queen Divas - 新抱喜相逢 (EPS 01-05) - 25 PTS (Peaking at 28 PTS) 
Come Home Love - 愛•回家 - 24 PTS 
Variety Shows A Time Of Love - 愛情來的時候 (EP 01) (SUNDAY MINI MOVIE) - 18 PTS Miss Chinese International Pageant 2014 - 2014國際中華小姐競選 (SUNDAY) - 17 PTS (Peaking at 19 PTS) 
Notes TVB received 39 praises from audience that Kate Tsui had an excellent performance in 'A Time Of Love', the story was very touching. 

• 3 weeks later...

TVB Rating Report (02/10/2014 - 02/16/2014)
Source: KuangaiTVBTranslated by: aZnangel
DramasOutbound Love Finale - 單戀雙城大結局 (EPS 21-22 SUNDAY) - 32 PTS (Peaking at 35 PTS)
Outbound Love - 單戀雙城 (EPS 16-20) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 31 PTS)
Gilded Chopsticks - 食為奴 (EPS 01-05) - 28 PTS (Peaking at 29 PTS)
Come Home Love - 愛•回家 (EPS 446-450) - 26 PTS 
Variety ShowsA Time of Love (Japan) - 愛情來得時候 (EP 04) (SUNDAY MINI MOVIE) - 23 PTS (Peaking at 25 PTS)

Archived