Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SongMira

[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

TENASIA class="entry-title" style="margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: white 1px 1px 0px;"Lee Jong-suk to Play Doctor in New DramaimagePosted on 2014/02/05 by Jessica Kim 

Lee Jong-suk

Actor Lee Jong-suk [Wellmade Entertainment]

Actor Lee Jong-suk has decided to star in an upcoming medical melodrama, according to his agency on Wednesday.

Wellmade Entertainment said through a press release that Lee will appear in SBS’s Monday-Tuesday drama tentatively titled “Doctor Stranger” that is set to premiere in April.

The series will revolve around the life of Lee’s character named Park Hoon, a genius doctor and North Korean defector, who gets to work at the top hospital in South Korea.

In the statement, Lee was quoted as saying, “I’m very excited and looking forward to playing Park Hoon who is a very attractive character.”

Actor Park Hae-jin, who had decided on his appearance in the show two weeks ago, will also play a doctor.

The drama itself will be helmed by Jin Hyuk, who has produced a number of top dramas including “Princess Prosecutor,” “City Hunter,” and “Master’s Sun.”

Reporter. Jessica Kim

Courtesy of Wellmade Entertainment

<ⓒ Korea Entertainment Media Co., LTD. (www.tenasia.com) All rights reserved.>

http://www.tenasia.com/archives/76935  

So,It's a Lee Jong Suk,after all.There were news that he didn't take the role,and Park Hae Jin was confirmed.What now?Oh,well,they are two confirmed.They two will play a role of doctor-

Park Hae-jin in the new SBS drama

photo395724.jpg

Actor Park Hae-jin is starring in the new SBS drama called "Doctor Stranger", his first medical drama. He takes on the role of Han Jae-joon, a mid-thirty Harvard University associate professor and genius chest surgeon. He leaves Harvard for Dong-woo University Hospital and has a secret.

"Doctor Stranger" is coming this April and revolves around a North Korean escaped doctor working in the best hospital in Korea. This drama is directed by Jin Hyeok from "Shining Inheritance", "City Hunter" and "Master's Sun" and written by Park Jin-wu from "Land of wind". Park Hae-jin joins the project as soon as he is done with "You Came From The Stars".

Source : www.seoul.co.kr/news/....

Rania Zeid said: SongMira said: So,It's a Lee Jong Suk,after all.There were news that he didn't take the role,and Park Hae Jin was confirmed.What now?Oh,well,they are two confirmed.They two will play a role of doctor-

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); visibility: visible;"Park Min Young Will Not Join “Doctor Stranger,” Is Looking Through “You’re Surrounded” Insteadjnkm February 5, 2014 

Park Min Young Will Not Join “Doctor Stranger,” Is Looking Through “You’re Surrounded” Instead

After news of Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin‘s additions to the upcoming drama “Doctor Stranger,” Park Min Young, who was a strong candidate for the female lead, has announced that she is looking through a different drama.

According to television insiders, “Park Min Young has become a strong candidate for another drama, ‘You’re Surrounded.’ Therefore, her ‘Doctor Stranger’ appearance possibility has fell through.”

Previously, Park Min Young received a lovecall for the female lead for “Doctor Stranger.” However, due to many different reasons, she decided to not join the drama.

It is said that Park Min Young is positively looking through “You’re Surrounded.” If this is confirmed, it will be her first TV drama since 2012′s “Dr. Jin.”

“You’re Surrounded” is a story of rookie policemen in their twenties. If Park Min Young joins this drama, she will be playing the role of a strong female detective.

Park Min Young’s agency reps commented, “It is true that she received the offer. She is currently positively looking through the script.”

Meanwhile, “You’re Surrounded” will be written by “Ojakgyo Brothers” writer Lee Jung Sun. It will also be directed by the “Incarnation of Money,” “Giant,” “Salaryman Chohanji” director, Yoo In Shik.

“You’re All Surrounded” will air after “Three Days” comes to an end.

http://www.soompi.com/2014/02/05/park-min-young-will-not-join-doctor-stranger-is-looking-through-youre-surrounded-instead/#.UvKLxvmSzQs&nbsp

Hello !
Thank you https://twitter.com/Dimple_Couple for the information : 
Kang So Ra in talks for new SBS medical drama 'Doctor Stranger' (28 january 2014)
Kang So Ra is in talks to possibly get into a love triangle with Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin on upcoming SBS medical drama 'Doctor Stranger' ! Her agency Will Entertainment rep told Xports News on the 29th, "Kang So Ra is positively reviewing the role of Oh Soo Hyun for 'Doctor Stranger'."As for her potential role, Kang So Ra is in talks to the character Oh Soo Hyun who is an instructor at the cardiothoracic surgery department and also the daughter of the hospital's chairman and gets entangled in a love triangle with Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin. With her casting, she'll join Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin, who have been reported to be starring in the drama.'Doctor Stranger', to be directed by 'City Hunter' and 'The Sun of My Master's PD Jin Hyuk, will portray the story of a genius North Korean defector, Dr. Park Hoon, who enters South Korea's top hospital and adjusts to life as an outsider in his workplace.'Doctor Stranger' will premiere following the drama 'God's Gift -14 Days' this April.cr : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/kang-so-ra-in-talks-for-new-sbs-medical-drama-doctor-stranger#axzz2rlGxPeBJ
Today (5 february 2014), Kang So-ra confirmed to formed love triangle with Lee Jong-suk and Park Hae-jin in "Doctor Stranger"

( http://mobile.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/1311318.htm ).

Sora will wear again a white coat !   :x   (this photo was on her twitter, 23 september 2013, in the backstage of "Ugly Alert") 
bu2cuehcuaarehm-large.jpg

Hello there, thank you for this effort & this thread  , I hope that this series is beautiful and with a different theme , and if it were not so then I will follow this series only for kang sora , I love her so much I love her natural beauty her acts she is very talented , Indeed she deserves all the support........ watch her .

sky5joyous said: Hello !
Thank you https://twitter.com/Dimple_Couple for the information : 
Kang So Ra in talks for new SBS medical drama 'Doctor Stranger' (28 january 2014)
Kang So Ra is in talks to possibly get into a love triangle with Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin on upcoming SBS medical drama 'Doctor Stranger' ! Her agency Will Entertainment rep told Xports News on the 29th, "Kang So Ra is positively reviewing the role of Oh Soo Hyun for 'Doctor Stranger'."As for her potential role, Kang So Ra is in talks to the character Oh Soo Hyun who is an instructor at the cardiothoracic surgery department and also the daughter of the hospital's chairman and gets entangled in a love triangle with Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin. With her casting, she'll join Lee Jong Suk and Park Hae Jin, who have been reported to be starring in the drama.'Doctor Stranger', to be directed by 'City Hunter' and 'The Sun of My Master's PD Jin Hyuk, will portray the story of a genius North Korean defector, Dr. Park Hoon, who enters South Korea's top hospital and adjusts to life as an outsider in his workplace.'Doctor Stranger' will premiere following the drama 'God's Gift -14 Days' this April.cr : http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/01/kang-so-ra-in-talks-for-new-sbs-medical-drama-doctor-stranger#axzz2rlGxPeBJ
Today (5 february 2014), Kang So-ra confirmed to formed love triangle with Lee Jong-suk and Park Hae-jin in "Doctor Stranger"

( http://mobile.sportsseoul.com/read/entertain/1311318.htm ).

Sora will wear again a white coat !   :x   (this photo was on her twitter, 23 september 2013, in the backstage of "Ugly Alert") 

HanCinema :: The Korean Movie and Drama Database, discover the South Korean cinema and drama diversity

Lee Jong-suk to start in "Doctor Stranger"

Source | 2014/02/05 | 385 views

photo398748.jpg

Actor Lee Jong-suk confirmed yesterday that he will be appearing on the new SBS drama "Doctor Stranger" (tentative title), according to his agency Wellmade Entertainment.

The program, which will air Monday and Tuesday evenings, is about Park Hun, an intelligent doctor who came from North Korea, but who gets shunned because of his background.

"I am very happy to play such a charming character like Park Hun", said Lee. "As he is a surgeon in the story, I am putting a lot of effort in it. I plan to shown a mature side".

Lee rose to stardom through his starring role in the 2013 SBS drama "I Hear Your Voice", playing a student who can read other people's minds. That year he also appeared in the films "The Face Reader"(2013) and "NO-BREATH" (2013), and is now starring in "Hot Young Bloods" with actress Park Bo-yeong.

"Doctor Stranger" is scheduled to begin in April. It is produced by Jin Hyeok, who also made "Master's Sun" last year and the 2011 hit "City Hunter". 

By Jin Eun-soo [estyle@joongang.co.kr]

Source : koreajoongangdaily.jo...

http://www.hancinema.net/lee-jong-suk-to-start-in-doctor-stranger-65692.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter 

anneyong!
been stalking the thread since Kang Sora been rumored to join the cast,  yayy! fighting,
now this thread is open, soo excited for updates ! thanks @SongMira for opening this thread ...
thank you for the updates and more updates  @Rania Zeid and pretty pretty @sky5joyous, hi5.. been seeing
your daily Sora updates in our other sora thread... thanks much!

special mention to unni @lolowaw... ameesyuh! hope you miss me too kekeke. glad you joining doctor stranger thread too!

yoonmi66 said: Will definitely be looking out for this one after the noona-killer caught my heart in IHYV. Even though medical dramas - especially ones with copious amounts of hospital board politics - don't really click with me. Oh the things I do due to actor biases. :P