[Drama 2014] Doctor Stranger 닥터이방인

SongMira

Guest ariel6

I hope whatever I write does not hurt anyone's feelings cause I feel that it's very tensed here right now as everyone's comments are hurting/irritating someone else. I wanted to say that although my past posts show that I like JSY and support the heartbeat that doesn't mean I don't like kang sora and soo Hyun! I think because my posts have been all about trying to defend and argue for certain thoughts or other people's comments that I didn't properly get to show that I also support KS cause I think she did a really good job as her character. :x with this, I wanted to say something about the ratings at ep 9 and 10. In my opinion, I really believe that the drop was cause of frustration towards the real identity of seung hee. since ep 3 we viewers have been trying to decipher SH is jae hee with little to no clue. This upset a lot of people who just wanted to know the truth already and plus the scenes like one where we see jae hee being possibly evil (like when hoon was unconscious in ep 10 and jae he comes out and buttons her shirt to show she is planning alongside cha) made us even more confused and angry and that's why i understand why some people decided to change channels when those scenes came on cause it makes people frustrated and mad. So it's not really the jae hee/ JSY's fault since it's the way the script was written and presented. I also think that if the script change was to "correct" the mistakes of the drama then I don't understand why ep 11-14 especially did not raise since we could have had a easy getaway for jae hee and hoon's break up and hoon and hyun's pairing given the storyline in those episodes (hoonhee unstable/fighting and hoonhyun building a relationship). In other words, why aren't there so many people watching (with ratings of 20%) if they get to see hoon and Hyun together a lot in those ep which would make the production team to continue with this script change. ***i hope to make this clear that I am not saying hoonhee would have increased the ratings to 20%*** I'm just trying to understand why it's easy to blame female actresses for the faults of the script and the show. I also don't understand why the ending has been such a shock. I'm really really sorry for being insensitive but I feel that they have been clear since the beginning of the show about their main couple and premise. Like from press conference to first two episodes to the actual storyline, it's kinda really clear and if people didn't like it then they should have never set themselves up for disappointment. That's why I feel that to some degree people need to accept some responsibility cause they had these really false hopes and stuck to them. Even though they can argue that they were led on especially after ep 10, there were moments that really gave it away though and this is very harsh but I have to say that people had been selecting what they wanted to see and happen and just relentlessly held on to that and once it didn't go that way it just turned to anger. I understand people's feelings and that's why I am not blaming them for this but I feel at the same time we knew at the back of our minds who hoon loved. To be honest, this is my first drama on soompi and I wished I could go to both shipping sides to say how much I like KS and JSY but with the dislike towards JSY I could only go to the heartbeat thread since over there I can also talk about a happy ending for soo Hyun and jae joon (who many don't like cause of the way he treated soo Hyun which I completely also agree to some level cause I think there is good within him)! But I wanted to say to the quack followers that kang sora is awesome and it's cool that she has a lot of passionate fans! :) and I hope that this tension between the two sides can end cause I don't think that heartbeaters hate KS and soo Hyun! Really there have been positive posts about soo Hyun and if there were any negative ones i really think it's from feeling hurt/frustration for all the hate that JSY/jae hee receives that makes them defend her even more against kang sora/soo Hyun. Really, the heartbeaters are really friendly and accepting! So I hope that this difference in opinion does not stop all of us from talking again on a separate thread in the future! ;;)

• Replies 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunshine4ever

I went to Naver to search for news for Doctor Stranger movie and found these. These are pictures of the filming location for Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee's date in episode 10.

Sorry, I don't know Korean so I have no idea if this is a park or a national park or a university, but it is so beautiful. Awwww...I love it.

Credit goes to HERE. You can go to this CAFE to view more pictures including the pictures that Hoon and Jae Hee sat and play the piano with spoon-keyboard.

You can also go HERE to view pictures of the last scene of the drama.

btUcEsm.jpg
HOyKLUw.jpg
^Pictures of the ship that Hoon and Jae Hee went on.
wQMxSWS.jpg
qZRsOZq.jpg
^Hoon wrote his name and Jae Hee's name here.
m9DlV4O.jpg
^They took pictures together here.

Pictures credit to http://www.sjzine.com or as written above.

-edited-
Here is the picture for the piano that both of Hoon and Jae Hee played during their date in episode 10.
eQ3C04Z.jpg

credits to this Cafe

The rest of the pictures not shown in the drama:
cywYAYX.jpg
p9rx5RO.jpg
mKNbanQ.jpg
N201bPt.jpg

crazy-monkey-emoticon-001.gif
TO READ:The thread is now locked for the next 72 hours due to continuous bashing, personal threats on fellow drama fans and off-topic contents.Firstly, we do not promote offensive behavior leading to shipping wars/fan wars.Secondly, shaming other members in public with derogatory remarks is strictly forbidden.Thirdly, shipping is not the focus of this thread and shall be discussed in the allowed forum of shippers paradise.Finally, moderators including an administrator from Soompi have already launched many reminders about off-topic discussions.
As @Lyrayoo and I are the main managers of Doctor Stranger, level 5 warnings will be now issued to constant rule breakers after this closure.On the second major violation by the same offenders, more severe consequences will be taken into consideration.Duplicate accounts will also result into a permanent ban on these and extend your probation on your main profile.
As a fair reminder, if you have any questions regarding the rules of usage of our community, please refer below:
Soompi forum ruleskdrama & movies forum rules
If you find any content that may not respect our staff policies or the social integrity of any individual,
do not attempt solving the problem on this thread. Send a private message to the moderators instead!
PS: @sunshine4ever - That area is from Pyeongtaek lake which is located between Cheongju and Suwon if my memory serves right. It is widely popular recently on Daum and Naver since Doctor Stranger. I'm glad Park Hoon and Jae Hee were kind of doing some touristic promotions there as well. The region is sometimes set off-limit to visitors due to frequent military exercise coming from the airfield. It is a complex with an artificial lake fairly close to the ocean and is surrounded by a built-in park filled with activities near the city.

This interview wz Sora was posted in Jong suk DC I am curious to know what she said about jong suk and Dr. Stranger since it was marked wz a Star .... @rynn_peace can u help wz the trans plz :D
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=117&aid=0002488723 

wpijbx6.jpg 

actually those 3 links from DC include parts from Sora interviews where she mentioned Jong suk and DS 
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jongsuk&no=213592&page=1
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jongsuk&no=213589&page=2http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jongsuk&no=213591&page=2 
http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=jongsuk&no=213640&page=1 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Kang So Ra BTS Dr Stranger

taken out with full credit from: DC inside and cafe naver kangsora0218

Guest sunshine4ever

XA12Qcf.jpg
Hi everyone, it's been 2 weeks since Doctor Stranger ended. I just finished watching episodes 19-20 over the weekend and would like to share my last thoughts for the drama. I know I wrote a general note saying thanks to everyone last week, but I would like to be more specific this time around.

Before I'm leaving Doctor Stranger community, I would like to say thanks so much to all of you as well as the Quackers, and the Heartbeaters in this thread who contributed so much insights, news, information, BTS, videos, and discussions into this thread. I hope to see all of you in another drama thread where we can have fun.

For the Quackers, although I didn't share much in common with you in this thread since we didn't really go for the same couple, but I hope to see you in another one where we can have the same views/thoughts and then we can really click awesome on each other's post. For the Heartbeaters, I just wanted to say the same. :) Maybe we won't end up in the same ship next time or go for the same couple next time, but we will always have the same Heartbeat for Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee.

Below are my thoughts for episodes 19-20. I know some people are still sensitive with the ending about 3 days ago. If anyone's still sensitive about it, please do not read my message below as I do not want to hurt anyone's feelings in anyway. If you choose to read on, do not flag my message if you somehow feel offended. Thanks.

Please do not quote my message because it has a lot of pics and text. Thanks soooo much.

First I wanted to congratulate Mr. Cheon Ho Jin and Jin Se Yeon for surviving in this drama. :) Both of them appeared in another drama about 2 years ago and both died. Anyway, the prime minister was evil, but Hoon decided to rescue him because the PM was a patient at the time. However, bad karma comes to bad people and I'm glad the PM was in jail by the end of this drama. Agent Cha also got killed and I don't think that Cha committed suicide. I think Lollipop Ajusshi killed Cha and rescued both Hoon and Jae Hee.  So the scriptwriters wanted Cha to die so Jae Hee can be free since she won't be associated with the North Korea if Cha was killed and she won't be pulled back to North Korea. Also Hoon will also not be killed either because Cha's gone for good. With PM in jail and with Hoon and Jae Hee in the country area, I think the OTP can live happily ever after without worrying about people chasing after them. :) *thumbs up for the scriptwriters* Yay!!! I just found out that this drama has two scriptwriters by looking at the drama poster although post 1 only gave us 1 writer's name. :) Their names are: Park Jin-woo and Kim Joo.

MQOD8D6.jpg[
^awww...although I never really comment on Dr. Moon, but master was one of the funniest characters of this show. I enjoyed a lot of scenes with him in it and he was just so funny. :)

aP77ALr.jpg
I was seriously crying when I watched this scene. I felt so happy for Jae Joon. He finally found justice for his mom and dad because Soo Hyun's dad actually changed as a result of JJ's saving him. I guess it doesn't really happen in real life that often, but I think maybe there can be times when people are changed when something dramatic happens to them. In this case JJ was changed because of his love for Soo Hyun, so the revenge thing disappeared when he saw SH's dad as his own dad so he couldn't let him die like that. I was so scared when JJ did not let SH's dad touch the phone to call for help. It was sign of an attempt to kill. Thank goodness he didn't kill SH's dad or he will regret for life for doing that to her. I'm so happy for him. I believe fully that SH had deep feelings for him and was really just distracted by Hoon's love for Jae Hee. Like I said before that SH was just into Hoon because he was like a dream guy to have in  the first place, but with Jae Joon because JJ had always treated her poorly due to his revenge, so she couldn't accept him. But later when she reflected through what happened between them in episode 19, I think she liked Jae Joon and was mad that he was playing around with her, so she decided to kick him out of her hospital.

eiV2Csd.jpgvMCIo7L.jpg
Jae Joon actually loved Soo Hyun so much that he was willing to let go of her hand. He even asked Hoon to take care of Soo Hyun and when Hoon said that he can't because he already found his Jae Hee, Jae Joon still insisted on asking Hoon to take care of Soo Hyun as Hoon's friend. I just found that it was significantly important that between SH and JJ neither of them ever needed to say sorry or something. The connection between the two seemed like it should be awkward, but somehow they were closer than before. He approached him even when she told him to never come to her hospital again and she held on to his hand when he was the one that let her go. It is definitely true love as it is. I know that the scriptwriter didn't give them both much of a love line as most of it was pulling back and forth and with a lot of frustrations from JJ while SH was really busy with Hoon, but still I found it was so cute they got to have each other at the end of this show. Perhaps he will help her run the hospital again and they will run the hospital like @azrulilp was saying in his long message in this thread. :) Anyway, I like the second capture that I captured because it showed both of them looking very similar together. She was actually smiling in that scene. It was just so awesome. I wish them the best. ^^ It's kind of nice to have a year later because then their feelings for each other if they start again, then those are real feelings and they are true. He has no reasons to go after for her for revenge, but only with a sincere heart and even if she had feelings for Hoon, it would have been gone already since she had been living without him for a year.

On to Hoon and Jae Hee's love story. I just have to agree with some people who stated episodes 1, 2, 19, and 20 were the best episodes. Also episodes 9 and 10 were great, too. However, I still find that it was conflicting if I were to rewatch the show and to abandon other episodes while just focus on those episodes alone since episode 5 has Hoon crying and missing Jae Hee. I'm not sure what episode 4 had him missing her and thinking of eating instant curry with her, but that was a sweet scene. Episode 6 has Hoon and Jae Hee meeting up together for the first time. Episode 7 they had a date scene with Soo Hyun where he hinted to her that he wanted to know the reason for her being here and why she wanted to save the twins (which we found out later that she was here because of him but she was forced to do whatever Cha wanted her to do so that she can have opportunity to be with him). Gosh, I can list on and on...episode 16 was a very good one because Jae Hee's love was shown along with everything else that led up to that point. I know the PD had come out to say that he regretted not focusing on first love for the drama; however, I think even though they had reduced things like crazy, but the romance was still shown and it was obvious. I just don't understand why they wouldn't just show a love triangle? It's weird, but okay, whatever, I know the drama was criticized by many for inconsistency; however, it will still be one of my favorites to rewatch because of the happy ending. So plot wise, it wasn't the best, but because it had a happy ending with a least a lot of consistency on my end, I want to give this drama a 10+++++++++ like someone else who just made the EPIC Entrance even though that person just talked mostly about Cha. Haha. The OST of this drama is 11 over 10. LOL. I liked all the songs including the instrumentals. I rarely listen to instrumentals, but I did listen to most of the instrumentals. ^^

SREi5w7.jpg
As I finished this drama. I had some reflection about this scene above. I thought through a lot about Hoon and Jae Hee. I wondered a lot as to how he can  be so faithful to Jae Hee and waited for her because she got taken away from him for the first time just right after he proposed to her. I mean in normal circumstances we all would like to move on since if our boyfriend or girlfriend (fiancee) was taken away, we will definitely mourn for that person, but we will have to eventually move on, right? But here Hoon waited for Jae Hee for like 5 years long!!! I really did wonder why Hoon can be so faithful to wait for Jae Hee not moving on to another girl or something.

But then in episode 20, we learned that Lollipop Ajusshi was the one that rescued Hoon in Budapest and even saved Hoon's mom was because Hoon once gave him a lollipop. That's crazy and that's extreme for some of us. But considering the fact of the "warmth" and the "dignity" that the little Hoon gave to that man named Secretary Kim. I think Hoon gave Secretary Kim his significance and maybe Kim was a lonely man who served the Prime Minister just because of loyalty. And perhaps the PM was great to him also, but Hoon's polite and act of kindness for the first time touched his heart.

And then I recalled this scene below.
Qm4RrmJ.jpgPO1ecOR.jpg
ZRs86G6.jpgGO2vOE1.jpg
Although this scene was very simple, but it told us a lot about Park Hoon and Song Jae Hee. The first time Hoon met her, he was excited about his dad's surgical skills. He told her he wanted to be a doctor to save people and then she told him that it was cool!!! And then she smiled and extended her hand to shake his but he was in a rush so he didn't shake her hand. However, he did come back and smiled back at her and gave her the bracelet he made. Ahhh, but as we know that after this scene he was not allowed to come back to South Korea, so he was trapped here. I don't know any of you have been to a strange place or a new place before. You know especially if you're going to spend a whole day in someone else's place and you have no idea who were at the party and you were lonely. Don't you feel like it's nicer if you have someone who is nice who welcomes you there? I don't know either how many of you have felt home with someone who is competely new to you whom you have never met before, but that person's smile and gestures just made you feel like you're home when you met them for the firs time because they were just so friendly to you? Well, I think that was how Hoon felt when he saw Jae Hee. She was the first one to extend her smile and her hand. She was the one that praised his dream "That's cool." It was rather disappointing that we didn't see a well fleshed-out characterization for Jae Hee, but I think this little gesture helped us understand that Jae Hee when she was 8 (not sure if she was 8 but Hoon was 8 when he met Jae Hee). She was friendly and she smiled a lot. I think Jae Hee must be a very positive person and someone who exerted a lot of joyfulness because Hoon said he loved her smiles. Anyway, the scene above made me understood why Hoon waited for so long for Jae Hee in that medical research center even though he was mentally tormented in there. It was because when Hoon lost Jae Hee for the first time she wasn't just a girl whom he wanted to get married to, but she was also his best friend and his "family." I recalled, too, since Hoon kind of thought that his mom abandoned him through his dad's phone conversation, he was hurt at the time he met Jae Hee, so I think Jae Hee was very important to Hoon since childhood until the time that he lost her for the first time. She pretty much probably went through a lot of things with him and her positiveness brought joy and healed his wound of not being able to live without his mom.

WAz7DAC.jpg
In this scene, Hoon said "Jae Hee ah, I said letting your hand go before has been the worst regret of my life." I have always been one of the few people in this thread who tried to dig out and dissect certain things about Hoon. I think I focused a lot on Hoon's pain because I wrote about his life in that research center where he had to follow orders to operate. He also kind of "kill" to survive because he had to operate people according to orders from Cha. I know that that was part of Park Hoon's past and deep dark secret. I think Hoon only revealed that to Jae Hee. I mean people had asked him in the meetings and stuffs, but with Jae Hee he was very open and honest about his pain..of how he felt like a monster inside and how shameful he was when he met her again. I think he was telling her about his meeting her again and escaping to Budapest. At that time he felt like that? But again I had stressed that at that time she really thought that he was a doctor so she called him "doctor" before she fell down the bridge in Budapest. Aside from that past of his, he also was naive to think that his dad will be able to escape through the route that he was telling his dad; however, his dad knowing that Hoon really loved Jae Hee, his dad decided to just let Hoon had his way back then. Because of that, Hoon's dad died tragically. It was gruesome and honestly I didn't want to watch that scene again because Hoon was watching his dad got shot and he wasn't able to do anything about it. And then at this very same time, after having promise Jae Hee's dad that he would take good care of her or protect her, she just let go of his hand in Budapest. Gosh, I can't imagine so many things happening to Hoon at the same time when Hoon met Jae Hee again the first time after he lost her. He had to deal with a horrible past, his dad died, he actually killed Jae Hee's dad to get Jae Hee's dad kidney to give to to Jae Hee so that she would live, and add on to that he just lost her again in Budapest. If you talk about Park Hoon's wounds, then it was just too much when Hoon lost Jae Hee the second time. I do think that Hoon might feel guilty that he lost Jae Hee in Budapest due to the burden of promising to protect Jae Hee's dad, but that didn't mean that he didn't already love her too much. As such I found that it was so reasonable that he was looking for her day in and day out like that. He was restless. And then when I thought through about what Hoon was telling Jae Hee...that letting her hand go at that time was the "worst regret" of his life. I mean when you feel regret, don't you feel horrible? I think feeling regretful is a terrible feeling...it can last for months or even years!! Here he was saying "WORST REGRET" meaning it must be a lot horrible than the horrible feeling you would feel, right?

a5jfvRr.jpgxio4k3w.jpg
PhHrJ6i.jpgxXROmC1.jpg
A lot of you know how much I like to tell you about Hoon's looks at Jae Hee. I really can't capture everything here because if I do capture every scene Hoon was looking at Jae Hee, I would definitely clog this thread lol and you won't be able to load this page!!! Anyway, he looked at her with a lot of admiration, a lot of care, and a lot of attention. I think this scene helps a lot in saying that Park Hoon was very grateful to have Jae Hee back in his life....the fact that he had found her again after losing her 2 times, it was like a miracle or an awesome grace from God. By the way, the capture that showed him closing his eyes actually had a little tear drop that it's hard to view with the small capture I give you. :) But he looked like he was very touched by seeing Jae Hee and was about to cry.

nAmRGG6.jpgdGrEw2F.jpg
By the way, he has tear on his right eyes, too as she was calling his name and approached him and hugged him while he was so shocked. Yes, she had always been with him and he knew that that was his Jae Hee, but you know this is like personal space. This was where he could be himself without revealing her identity. This was where she could be called Jae Hee for the first time, so when she called him "Hoon ah" it was important and sacred since he was only allowed to call her "Dr. Han" or she was only calling him "Dr. Park" when they were working together. I think this scene a lot and I just thought it spoke a volume about how vulnerable he was whenever he was with Jae Hee. He was off guard and shocked. It was like a mix of happiness, sadness, and deep joy, so he wasn't sure how to react.
A8z7SKI.jpgPmMslkf.jpg
PYcoYGB.jpgsRnsXlU.jpg
And this last scene while he was waiting for her as she was approaching him with such cheerfulness. He was still sad inside for some reasons. He looked so serious even until she approached him with a beautiful smile and hugged him tightly. He was just approaching her, but she was running hard towards him with this big smile while he looked all concerns. For me, I saw in his eyes this deep pain and hidden happiness. It's an exerting joy inside your heart when you felt so happy when you were with the one that you love. It's a hard feeling to describe and I don't know how I'm capable of even using words to describe Park Hoon's feelings for Jae Hee, but she was very important to him. And to see it I could understand why he would react that way....~~ You know the time that Hoon found Jae Hee....if that time Jae Hee's dad did not donate his kidney, then even though Hoon was a genius or the greatest surgeon, he would fall into some type of deep depressions or will be in great despair since he had like "god's hand" yet he could not save Song Jae Hee from death. I think Jae Hee's dad's gift for Park Hoon and Jae Hee when he decided to give away his last kidney was like graces from God to Hoon. That in order for him to be able to talk to her, touch her, hug her, and kiss her the way he did in episode 9, it was all because of Jae Hee's dad's gift for Hoon and Jae Hee. So don't you think Hoon feels grateful when he found Jae Hee again in episode 9? That deep gratefulness definitely is overflowing in him. I bet you he was really sad when she fell down that bridge because he did save her, but she was lost again instantly or something. So it was definitely Hoon's deep regret, so no wonder he was looking for her tiredlessly and restlessly.

Whenever I thought through about what Hoon went through and how much he loved Jae Hee, I really could not imagine seeing Jae Hee dying because it would mean Hoon would live a life of "emptiness" and inside of his heart he will always feel empty despite that he is a happy person himself. He's goofy and playful by nature, but he was very serious whenever he was with her and especially when it had something concerning her!

The song Strange Road was definitely a beautiful soundtrack for Hoon's and Jae Hee's love.

I difficultly take a step
Trying to survive somehow
Before I meet you
I will keep walking, just wait

At the end of this road, this strange road
You will be looking for me as you cry
You’ll be waiting for the faded and rusty love

At the end of this road, this strange road
I’ll look for you, who is hiding and calling out to me
I’ll go to you, wherever you are
Just wait a little bit

Lyrics credit HERE.

I personally think that this actually is about both Hoon's and Jae Hee's waiting and coming towards each other. I know the lyrics seem to fit Jae Hee more because Hoon's doing a lot of waiting for her to be with him as she was not really a South Korean, but at the same time I thought that both did a lot of similar thing. Jae Hee was suffering a lot in the camp that 5 years without Hoon while Hoon was also suffering a lot in that medical research center. She suffered physically probably because she came back and was almost dead with 2 damaged kidneys while he was suffering mentally since he was forced to do things he didn't want to do. Then come to the time when she was lost again, he was trying to search for her. She tried her best to come towards him and he waited for her for another one year. Gosh, I was thinking through about this couple and I think these two people spent like 8 years of their life waiting and searching for each other. Waiting for hopes to be together and searching with hopes that they would find each other again. I know Jae Hee was consistent throughout this show as the one who will sacrifice willing for Hoon...like the two times that she was falling in the bridge and Hoon was holding on to her, the only way for her to part his hand was because she was so afraid people will kill him. She also protected him a lot throughout this show. She definitely was shown as more of a protector to him and him as lover to her. I'm not even sure if that's even the right word to describe both of them as I'm sure she loves him more than life itself...cuz then she would rather die than to see him die before she dies. In any case, I just felt like the reason why she could smile so brightly was because she was the one who sacrificed while he was the one who was protected so he had more to lose. I'm not sure how to describe this kind of situation, but I have always emphasized that I would hate to be left behind like Hoon, hahaha, as the one who died doesn't have to feel as much as those who are being left behind, right? So *coughs* Jae Hee could smile that brightly when she approached Hoon because she wasn't afraid of losing him since she was willing to sacrifice to give him life and Hoon looked like he was all nervous was because he was afraid of losing her. Throughout this whole thing I felt very grateful to the scriptwriters for their storyline although it wasn't perfect. Park Hoon and Jae Hee reminded me a lot of people like my mom and dad....my uncle and aunts..my older generations who lived through wartime and survived together. My mom and dad went through a lot of rough time...my dad went to jail while my mom waited for him before I was even born and my dad never told us any stories and I know why. I think people don't like to tell other people sad stories because it reminded them about the past, so that's why Jae Hee and Hoon never told anyone about their past. But they did tell each other a little bit about what they experienced. I was told about my dad's imprisonment through my sister and how my mom waited for my dad for years....*coughs* well Jae Joon learned about Hoon and Jae Hee's story through an outsider and then telling Soo Hyun the story. I found that it was amazing that even towards the end of this show when Soo Hyun met Hoon, he never said anything about his life story or what he experienced. A lot of memories of Jae Hee and him he never mentioned either especially the painful ones. And the amazing thing is that Jae Hee rescued Hoon's mom. Anyway, you know how hard it is to find someone and you know, too, how frustrating it can  be to wait for someone if you don't even know their whereabouts. At least towards the end of this show I think Hoon knew where Jae Hee was and was waiting for her. I just thought since he had been standing there to wait for her, I wonder if he waited for her like that, too for the past one year..confused..or was that 4 months ago? lol. In any case, waiting or searching, it's always a painful process, so I'm happy for them when they found each other again. A lot of people in my dad's generation that I know also went through something similar and they still had each other, so if you ask me if this can be a real story, then I would say yes it can be real although it can be idealistic for some, but people in my dad's generation had gone through the waiting and finding each other and have found each other, too.

ylVcwVB.jpgbP6ZwaK.jpg
5iOwUN2.jpgw3wXx74.jpg
Their hug was so tight and it just felt like they meant to say to each other "I miss you so much and I'm so glad you're here with me." I like this simple scene and although it ended like within 1 minute of the time lol, but they were hugging each other so tight and then he just kissed her hair so softly. It was just so sweet for me. I agree with ockoala when she said, "This story was the story of Park Hoon, a doctor from North Korea who was a stranger in a strange land no matter where he ended up, and the only safe haven in his entire life was in the arms of the woman named Jae Hee who gave his life purpose and ignited his dreams." Quote taken from HERE. I always felt like Hoon looked so vulnerable towards Jae Hee whenever he looked at her especially the scene above and then I felt to myself, well, she was harmless to him anyway. She had always wanted to just protect him the entire time. Whether she was Jae Hee or Seung Hee, she had always been protecting him invisibly or visibly...seen or unseen.....in front or in the back of him...she really is harmless and I'm so glad he has her arms around him. ^^

Sorry, I spent 0% time talking about Hoon and his mom, but I'm so happy Hoon had his happy ending with Jae Hee. I can't imagine him losing Jae Hee again because even with Hoon's mom being alive, she is not as normal as she was when Hoon was younger. It was just so sad and so tragic and I'm so glad that Hoon still had Jae Hee to comfort. I'm sure they'll miss Hoon's mom in the hospital and I hope they will visit her since they have each other again now.

I thought the scriptwriters were awesome to show Jae Hee and Hoon's team work towards the end of this show. With her being an anesthesiologist and with him being a surgeon, wow, that's awesome. They can really open a hospital of their own and work for people in the countryside. Hoon can really go back to basic again like he did with his dad in North Korea to help people in the countryside. And then Hoon will have someone to take care of him since he had always been eating out lol the last scene showed he was ordering take-outs!!! Jae Hee was shown as an awesome cook in the show. :D And you know, he's always so good at making people smile, so she'll be laughing and smiling a lot whenever she's with him. ^^ But like seriously, they should be making a lot of money with their profession right? lol Since they're so good at it. Hopefully they make enough money for a good house and live a good life in the rural area. ~~ Free from a lot of things and Hoon can fulfill his dream and his dad's dream of being a good doctor to save people staying with the love of his life. I always thought of Hoon's dream of being a doctor was a dream,  but I think being with Jae Hee is also Park Hoon's biggest dream....that's why when he lost her,  his dream of being a doctor was shaken. So glad he got both of his dreams back. I'm so happy for the happy ending for Hoon and Jae Hee.

I'm gonna miss their team work at Myung Woo
uLvj2c2.jpgFkugCDF.jpg

Ahhh, but then they'll have more free time to do this together......AGAIN....in the countryside like how they used to together when they were 21....sadly they're like 29 now... >__< Kinda old like me...hahaha...

hb5X9M7.jpgPFlOpTj.jpg
Maybe the passion is not the same anymore, but the love is just as deep as or maybe deeper than even before because they went through so much sad stuffs to finally have each other again.....

dQR4uqt.jpg
Thank you so much for reading this long message. And I'm very sorry it was long. I hope it is not too confusing as I won't be editing it since it's late here. Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of this thread and thank you for all the time that you allowed me to talk about Park Hoon the way I wanted to talk. Thank you. I will miss Park Hoon's love for Song Jae Hee a lot. See you all in another drama thread. :)

Many  Articles / Interviews where Kang Sora talked about DS and her Co-stars

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109910590
http://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=201407230748362410
http://www.mydaily.co.kr/new_yk/html/read.php?newsid=201407221859261110&ext=da
http://www.sportsseoul.com/?c=v&m=n&i=88890
http://star.mt.co.kr/view/stview.php?no=2014072216433443170&outlink=2&SVEC
http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1406070000735331002
http://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?no=1021029&year=2014
http://www.obsnews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=822363
http://www.ahatv.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=252286
http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/07/21/2014072102343.html

http://www.breaknews.com/sub_read.html?uid=323274
http://www.interfootball.co.kr/bf_news/view.php?gisa_uniq=2014072216433443170&key=&page=1&field=&section_code=ZZZZ

http://news1.kr/articles/?1782431

http://tvdaily.asiae.co.kr/read.php3?aid=1406070000735331020

http://news.nate.com/view/20140721n41032

http://news.nate.com/view/20140722n41478

http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2014/07/21/2014072102617.html

related pic 

Cr as tagged 

------------------------------------------------------------

Kang Sora Mentioned Jong suk in many of her interviews but  she spoke about his aegyo in this one  :D 
Eng Trans By @rynn_peace
"Jeongseoki and I are friend. Jeong Seoki has a great affinity (being friendly, intimate). Can you believe that he even calls senior Lee Bo Young with nickname "Bo Young jjing" ? I also freezed for 3 seconds when experienced with his intimacy and expression of affection. Before I have known about actor Lee Jong Suk but I haven't known him as individual in the beginning. And there wasn't information too. I only knew that he is a model before and I got sense he is good at acting. So it's quite hard to accept. (I think she said she can't believe that LJS has many aegyo or she is surprised with his friendly/intimacy act first, but the word is in past form so it means she get used to with his aegyo"

source:  http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109910590  

Rania Zeid said:
Many  Articles / Interviews where Kang Sora talked about DS and her Co-stars

Kang Sora Mentioned Jong suk in many of her interviews but  she spoke about his aegyo in this one  :D 
Eng Trans By @rynn_peace
"Jeongseoki and I are friend. Jeong Seoki has a great affinity (being friendly, intimate). Can you believe that he even calls senior Lee Bo Young with nickname "Bo Young jjing" ? I also freezed for 3 seconds when experienced with his intimacy and expression of affection. Before I have known about actor Lee Jong Suk but I haven't known him as individual in the beginning. And there wasn't information too. I only knew that he is a model before and I got sense he is good at acting. So it's quite hard to accept. (I think she said she can't believe that LJS has many aegyo or she is surprised with his friendly/intimacy act first, but the word is in past form so it means she get used to with his aegyo"

source:  http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1109910590  

Kang Sora mentions Jongsuk in her interview 

"I am friends with Jongsuk now. He’s very friendly and his aegyo is really good. Can you imagine that he calls Lee Boyoung-sunbae "Boyoung jjang!"? I’ve also been surprised by the way he expresses his feelings. In the past, I only knew about the actor Lee Jong Suk but didn’t have any personal contact with him. I thought he was just a model turned actor who has very good sense in acting. It was difficult accepting him (his character)."

"Sometimes when I think he is like this, he turns out not to be, it’s really hard to figure him out. He’s very attractive in many ways, he’s very serious in a joking manner, he’s sometimes like a child and sometimes matured."

About Jongsuk, she said that he is a “smart friend who has a lot of sense. She knows why people will be attracted to him. Even under very tight time constraints, he performs really well. He works really hard. When time is tight, he’ll be nagging about what to do, but at the same time he’s memorizing his lines.”

translations via xina5959@weibo

Source

Eng Trans by: 07160914 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cr: Jong Suk DC

@sunshine4ever you really spent some serious time here wrapping all the things out. I'm not really against that Jaehee and Hoon is the end game. What's really depressing is the lack of sense of their story, to put things straight the writer make people love So Hyun because of clear character background and good acting. The writer didn't give Jae Hee a good background and the actress made is really difficult for us to love the character... I've watch a dual perasonality a thousand times, but the actor/actress pulled it off successfully, maybe a year or so, she really needs to learn acting from the heart. I'm glad that you are seriously considering the HeartBeat Couple. Maybe in another thread we will become allies... hahaha Lol.

Guest sunshine4ever

There are some articles translated about Se Yeon's feelings toward Doctor Stranger's filming, first love and her feelings towards Jae Hee/Seung Hee character as well as what she thought of the DS cast, you can go HERE to read all of those articles.

Here is a translation about Se Yeon's kissing scene with Jong Suk in Doctor Stranger.

lNDQv4o.jpg

Jin Se Yeon, "The kissing scene was so intense that I was very surprised."

1. Talking about the kissing scene with Lee Jong Suk at the Garibong Clinic, Jin Se Yeon shared, "The kissing scene was so intense that it made me shock (losing my soul is the literal words). Jong Suk oppa was very good at leading. I felt like I was acting with an actor around my age. At that time I went through a magical experience. Before I have never experienced something like this. When we were filming the kissing scene, the camera rolled and both of us were standing in the disc where the staff had to spin us until their hands were tired. At first the director asked the staff to bring the disc over I thought that he was joking around just for fun, but it turned out to be really fun."

2. "If I have to choose between Jong Suk oppa and Hae Jin oppa then Hae Jin oppa is serious like my ideal type than Jong Suk oppa who is insistent. Unfortunately, Hae Jin oppa and I did not have a lot of scenes where we worked together, so we are not that close."

Source: Newsen (sunshine4ever's link not the original translation's link)
Vietnamese translation: Kul @ Lee Jong Suk Vietnam Fanpage
English translation: sunshine4ever @ Soompi
Pictures credit to Newsen

Note from sunshine4ever:
Please note that I have no idea how Se Yeon would address Hae Jin. I know she called Jong Suk oppa and in Vietnamese we tend to just use the word "anh" which is an equivalent to "oppa." Since the news I translated did not come from the original source, so please just accept that Se Yeon  called Hae Jin "oppa." I believe the news above came from the same article with picture including the kissing scene above since I did some Google translation and it seemed similar.

class="content-title"Kang Sora: “It Was Hard to Accept Lee Jong Suk’s Aegyo” Fotor072321207-800x450.jpg
In an interview with OSEN, actress Kang Sora shared a little information about her co-star in “Doctor Stranger, Lee Jong Suk.

The actress who played the character “Oh Soo Hyun” in “Doctor Stranger” said about her co-star Lee Jong Suk, “I’m friends with Lee Jong Suk. He’s really very sociable. Would you believe that he gave actress Lee Bo Young the nickname ‘Bo Young Jjing’? I froze for three seconds after I knew about that.”

The actress who has always been known for her social skills seems to have found a match in Lee Jong Suk. “Although I knew about the actor Lee Jong Suk, I don’t know anything about him at all so [aegyo] added to my knowledge of him. I only thought [Lee Jong Suk] was somebody who was a model and acted really well, with sensibility. It was hard to accept (that he had a lot of aegyo too),” added Kang Sora.

Kang Sora, who recently finished the drama “Doctor Stranger,” will be making her return to the small screen soon with “Incomplete Life.” 

“I read the webtoon ‘Incomplete Life’ last year. It’s even scarier to work on a project that is an adaptation but I have big expectations of ‘Incomplete Life.’ It’s a project that hits close to home. Although I’m a bit afraid, I’ll try my best to portray the role I’m given,” added Kang Sora.

The Friday-Saturday drama “Incomplete Life” will be shown on tvN starting this October.

Who would’ve thought that Lee Jong Suk has a lot of aegyo in him from his character in “Doctor Stranger”?

cre: Soompi News

Archived