[Awards 2013] 2013 KBS Drama Awards

Felicia Soh

hopefully shark wins something...esp Kim Nam Gil ! he deserves an excellence award AT LEAST! but ill cross my fingers that he will get the actor of the year award:)))

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello3.gif

Welcome to the thread - @rubie, @cynkdf, @yoeda, @mslee, @rintintintin @smse89 and thank you for your contribution @yoeda.  Based on the article that you have posted on the nomination list for “Rookie of the Year”, here’s the list :

2013122615351406426_1.jpg?time=101454

2013122615351406426_3.jpg

IU – The Best of Lee Soon Shin and Bel Ami

Kim Da Som (SISTAR) – Melody of Love

Im Seu-long (2AM) – Mandate of Heaven

Jo Kwon (2AM) – The Queen of Office

Lee Joon (MBLAQ) – IRIS 2

Yoon Do-joon (BEAST) – IRIS 2

Han Seon-hwa (SECRET) – AD Genuis, Lee Tae-baek

Kim Hyung-joon – Melody of Love

Kim Young-gwang – Good Doctor

Park Se-young – Sincerity Moves Heaven

Jung Woo – The Best of Lee Soon Shin

Jo Jung-suk – The Best of Lee Soon Shin

Lee Ji-hoon – The Best of Lee Soon Shin

Han Ju-wan – King’s Family and Yeonu's Summer

I hope the main lead actors (especially those who will win) will be present during the ceremony.  Since this event will clash with SBS Drama Awards, I hope not many actors are affected by the schedule and looking at the list of actors nominated, it’s quite safe to say that most of the main actors are not active in SBS dramas.  Anyway, in my opinion, it’s not a difficult task to choose which TV Station to attend as I am pretty sure the actors will most probably attend the one that has the most likely chance to win. 

Yes, I have to agree that the overall KBS Miniseries and Mid-Length series did not achieve success in terms of popularity and rating except for Good Doctor and Secret.   The Queen of Office wasn’t too bad with an average rating of 13% and Kim Hye-soo stole the show with her outstanding performance. KBS has a long history of success in their Daily Dramas especially on the evening slot and Weekend Drama – so, it’s kind of comforting.  In fact the Daily Dramas morning slots are not to be taken lightly as they manage to snatch a place in the rating race on the Top 20 list (TNmS).

Like everyone here, I am also hoping Kim Nam-gil will go home with a trophy (at least one) - who knows he may win Best Couple with Son Ye-jin since they were so many rumors about them and like HJW and LYJ couple in King's Family, these two exude heart-palpitating chemistry especially their physical contact...(forbidden kiss?).  As always, KNG never fail to delivery the revenge-vendetta-goods - he did a brilliant job playing Han Yi-soo. 

Another article that highlight the following actors as hot picks to win major awards (sorry not very sure of the exact meaning,,,,)

2013122612204717_1_rstarsjh.jpg

Through google translation, I think Kim Hye-soo, Joo Won, Kim Hae-sook and Hwang Jung-eum are vying for "Daesang" or if not, Top Excellence Award.
For fun-sake in this thread, let's vote for the following actor to win Daesang Award?
1)  Kim Hye-soo
2)  Joo Won
3)  Kim Hae-sook
4)  Hwang Jung-eum

Source of News : NATE 

2013123010443208953_1.jpg

According to this article, "Prime Minister and I" and "Cool Kiz on the Block" will not be aired on Tuesday, 31st December 2013 to make way for the 240 minutes (4 hours) of LIVE telecast of KBS Drama Awards to be held at KBS Hall in Yeouido, Seoul. 
Source of News : STAR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Speaking on this lengthy award show, I wonder who are inviting to perform (so far, no news...) - or will they promote the up-coming drama "Age of Feeling/Inspiring Generation", like what they did last year with main actors from IRIS 2 performing some stunts on stage to promote the drama? Anyway, it may not be possible, if the main casts are busy filming overseas.  This is a big budget drama, so it would be great if they showcase snippet of the drama for all to enjoy.  

Felicia Soh said: Another article that highlight the following actors as hot picks to win major awards (sorry not very sure of the exact meaning,,,,)

Through google translation, I think Kim Hye-soo, Joo Won, Kim Hae-sook and Hwang Jung-eum are vying for "Daesang" or if not, Top Excellence Award.
For fun-sake in this thread, let's vote for the following actor to win Daesang Award?
1)  Kim Hye-soo
2)  Joo Won
3)  Kim Hae-sook
4)  Hwang Jung-eum

According to this news, the following actors will not attend KBS Drama Awards due to personal reasons and schedule conflict ....

Son Yeh-jin, Kim Nam-gil, Uhm Tae-woong, Jang Hyuk, Jang Geun-suk, Lee Dong-wook and Yoon Eun-hye
Lee Bum-soo who is busy filming "Prime Minister and I" has not confirmed his attendance as it depends on the production team schedule.

Source of News : MYDAILY

OK. If it's between those four actors, I would say it's gonna be Kim Hye-soo. I don't really like Queen of the Office, the storyline is really over-the-top and you just know by the first episode that it's an adaptation from a Japanese drama, but Kim Hy-soo's character had quite a big range to go through so I think they could pick  her. Personally, I would love to see Kim Hae Sook win. That woman is busy, she was in two SBS' dramas as well this year and I just loved her in IHYV.
For Rookie of the year, I would pick Cho Jung-Seuk but I would love to see Park Se-young win. 
The MBC drama awards are today right? Is there thread for it already?

@cassopeia, appreciate your insightful thoughts on the actors. I think some of the news are focusing on Kim Hye-soo and Joo Won for the main awards and I honestly wish all four of them will get an award each for their outstanding contribution in their respective dramas. 
Sorry dear, I don't think there is a thread for MBC or SBS Drama Awards 2013.  
EDIT : Joo Won will attend MBC Drama Awards today and if I am not wrong, he will be performing a special opening stage show tomorrow @ KBS Drama Awards. 

I just found out there's a thread for this, thanks for making it. I agree about Bae Soo Bin, he deserves an award for Secret, I hope he attends the awards night tomorrow. For the daesang, it would be great if either KHS or JW wins, I loved both QOF and GD, and they certainly deserve the recognition. I've always watch more KBS dramas every year, thanks to kbs world so I'm excited for tomorrow. I'll definitely be camping here while watching the live stream.

Welcome all the posters at this thread @AyuRashid, @chane019, @Bwear and @hell59.
I am going to watch the award show on TV - KBSW channel. @Bwear and @hell59 here's one reliable live streaming site that you can try :
http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/tv/17803_1346064088384.htm
I'll let you all know if there's a possibility of them airing it through YOUTUBE KBSW channel.
Good luck!

PREVIEW OF KBS DRAMA AWARDS 2013

20131231095301146673.jpg

Brief Gist of the Above Article 

Apparently as compared to other broadcasting stations, KBS boost a high rate of attendance and it will be difficult to predict the winners. Many actors from the popular dramas has confirmed their attendance – Kim Hye-soo, Hwang Jung-eum, Joo Won, Joo Sang-wook (one of the MCs for this event) Moon Chae-won, IU and Jung Woo.

Rookie of the Year is one of the highly anticipated awards due to the intense competition among all the categories.

A special stage show will add to the festive excitement and Joo Won will be one of the entertainers of the night.

Note : Joo Won’s name is everywhere in all the articles that I come across and I think the media are rooting for him to win big time.

Looks like "The Best of Lee Soon Shin, "The Queen of Office", "Secret", "Good Doctor" and "Wang's Family" are guaranteed-winners but having to guess which category they will win excites me the most. Good Luck to all.... 

Archived