[Awards 2013] 2013 KBS Drama Awards

Felicia Soh

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to everyone who won, especially to the Secret cast, whom i grew to love the more i followed the drama and deserve every award they got. But also congrats to Good Doctor, which I didn't follow, but I love MCW so... :X Finally congrats to IU, who has truly solidified her acting career and although still needs improvement, has made promising starts; the other person I want to congrats is Jung Woo,who I briefly followed during Answer Me 1994, and was left rather impressed through one brief scene in the last ep, and i am glad he has gotten recognition at last (even if it was for YTBLSS) :) The kbs awards was given fairly I think (*coughs, unlike Mbc which was a total mess in some places) happy new year all :)

Congrats to all the winners! Seems like it was a fun show, can't wait to watch it later!
And I was right about the Grand prize! Wohoo!Kim Hye Soo definitely channeled Senorita Kim in her red carpet outfit lolI think I'm a little bit in love with her cape... 20131231232517546475.jpg

January 1, 2014
Actress Hwang Jung-eum gives tearful speech
By Ock Hyun-ju, Intern reporter The Korea Herald

20140101000188_0.jpg
(KBS)Singer and actress Hwang Jung-eum gives a tearful speech during her acceptance address after winning the best actress award in the 2013 KBS Drama Awards on Tuesday night, New Year’s Eve. 
In her speech, she expressed affection toward her long-term boyfriend Kim Yong-joon, a member of vocal group SG Wannabe, by saying, “Thanks to my other half for always being by my side. Love you.”

The KBS Drama Awards Part 1Last year, the KBS drama awards wear my clear favorite, not because of the dramas but because of the dynamic of the MCs. The three hosts really played well of each other. This year there were again three MCs, two guys and a woman but last year's hosts were a little bit better. I think one guy is the older brother from last year's Bridal Mask and the other was in Good Doctor. I only really watched one KBS drama this year, The Queen of Office, but I was familiar enough with the big winners Secret and Good Doctor to enjoy the show. But still because SBS had a really good MC and watched a lot of SBS dramas this year, the KBS drama awards are only 2nd place. But still they did a great job when somebody who only watched one drama enjoyed the show a lot.vlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h16m59s167.png

Best entrance
All the other hosts came in and introduced the show, KBS had the male MCs introduce their female co-host who then joined them by walking on the runway to the stage. It looked so awesome. KBS would have won best dressed MCs for me if I only had counted the first part because the female host's white dress looked awesome and the guys wore black good-looking suits.vlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h20m03s240.pngWorst dressed MCsBut then THIS happened. I really didn't like the flower jacket from the MBC awards but then I saw this jacket with a pattern usually reserved for carpets or Bilbo Baggins dressing gown in the first Hobbie movie and a a white-black dress that looked more a like a bathing suit due to the strange white stripes. In the second half, they changed clothes but also their female co-host.vlcsnap-2014-01-01-17h01m41s207.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-01-16h39m46s217.png
And then there was the balloon/curtain dress...vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h14m24s47.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-01-16h47m02s62.png
Best StageKBS' stage looked a little bit different this year. They had a little runway and the lighting and effects just looked awesome. vlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h23m48s201.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h09m19s59.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h28m22s9.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-01-16h37m25s97.png
2nd Favorite dressIt was a close call between Ha Ji Won's white queen dress and Moon Chae-Won's golden Cleopatra dress but both actresses looked absolutely stunning in it.vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h38m14s57.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-04-14h20m03s238.png
vlcsnap-2014-01-04-14h19m45s115.png
Besides Moon Chae-Won's gorgeous dress there was another gold dress that stood out lol...the TROPHY DRESSvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h44m19s7.png

The KBS Drama Awards Part 2Best SpeechIf Bae Suzy's was the worst, this speech was easily the best. The little girl wasn't the tiniest bit nervous. She walked on stage and gave a short speech like a pro. And the whole audience was charmed by her cuteness.vlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h32m44s157.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h33m31s188.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-01-15h17m11s112.png

Entertainment: Since KBS only has best screenplay and no Best drama award there was enough time for 2 musical performances by Ailee and , a song from the OST from Good Doctor and Secret, and a little comedy sketch. vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h29m46s91.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h10m34s53.pngThe comedians did really a good job of involving a lot of the attending actors. My favorite moments were when they dragged Hwang Jung Eum on stage and made her do faces and when they played entourage for Kim Hye Soo.vlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h40m53s190.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h41m38s192.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h39m01s212.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h38m25s91.png

@cassopeia, thanks - I enjoyed reading your entertaining posts about the award show. LOL about the curtain dress - I don't know if you watched 49 Days, the presenter Seo Ji Hye was BSB's co-star in that show. And then when BSB presented an award to Lee So Yeon, he smiled ever so sweetly because he acted with her in three dramas ... 
Agree about that little girl, she was so ;charming.

KBS Drama Awards Part 3
Busy people: There were several actresses that had a really busy night because they rushed from the KBS drama awards to SBS and the other way round. And it's not like they can wear the same dress, they have to change as well..stressful... Park Shin-Hye,  Lee Da-Hee and Yoo In-Na were the ones I noticed. Looks like they all decided to wear something a little more colorful than for the SBS awards...vlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h25m44s80.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h08m03s71.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h55m09s202.png

Best presentation: KBS used a little bit more exiting music and visual effects to present their nominees. Almost like a music show.

vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h42m43s203.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h42m52s43.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h40m02s133.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h39m50s3.png The best couple thing: Almost everything is awesome about KBS' award show but having 5 couples win the best couple award is little bit much. I hope that we have reached the limit now because I don't think that they will be able to fit 6 couples next year on stage. If SBS has the Ten Star Award and the New Star Award that slows things down, spending nearly 20 minutes with this segment, honestly gets a little bit boring. I mean at least the SBS awards mean a little bit more to the actors than that best couple thing so I don't mind being a little bit bored. I really hope they will have less couples next year, KBS seems to be the shipper under the Korean Networks but 2-3 couples should be enough...*sigh*vlcsnap-2014-01-03-19h07m22s50.pngAnd Ji Sung looking really good in a blue suitvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h13m45s4.pngvlcsnap-2014-01-03-18h51m12s124.png 

Thanks @cassopeia for providing the link to watch the show and appreciate your comment too – like you, I also enjoyed the Drama Awards but compared to previous years, I think they reduced guest performances.  We were only entertained with songs by Joo Won and Ailee  and thrilled by comedians with their  funny gig through the popular “Bboom Entertainment” Gag Concert segment.  I think actors and guests had more fun in other broadcast stations as they were more entertainment in-between the announcement of awards. Anyway, it was a night of fun and thrill for most k-drama addicts like us – I am quite pleased with the KBS results except for one unexpected winner.  

I can’t agree with you more on the little girl’s thank-you speech, Kim Yoo-bin was awesome – she showed great maturity at her age and in fact, she stole the show in “Mandate of Heaven”.  Her short speech probably makes up for other length speeches – the production crew must be very happy with her.

I think Kyung Su-jin was all nervous with her gomapta-speech, she was shocked when the results were announced and went on stage in a "blur-blur" condition.  Actually, I didn't recognize KSJ as she has gained some weight - quite different from her Eun-hui's character. Other than that, I think all the actors/presenters did not create any unwelcome-response by medias and netizens – I noticed Suzy was not in her usual smiley-mode when she stepped on the stage to present an award.  After what happened in MBC, she must be taking every precaution not to be in another unpleasant limelight. 

Some random-discovery…..

Moon Chae-won neckline’s button was loosened when she went on stage to collect one of her awards – she was wearing the gold glittery gown (2nd Part of the show).  You can't detect the minor flaw at the front view but when she was walking to the stage, it was obvious that the button was unintentionally released.

There were some odd moments when two winners ( actors “ Jo Jung-suk and Jo Sung-ha)  from “The Best of Lee Soon-shin” and “Wang’s Family” received the awards – at least two actors from “Wang’s Family” camp went on stage to congratulate their colleague with a bouquet of flowers but none from TBLSS.  Luckily, one of the actors from “Wang’s Family” passed one of the bouquet of flowers to JJS. Unfortunately, it was not the same when Lee Tae-ran and Lee Mi-sook went on stage to receive their respective awards – LTR were holding two bouquet of flowers while LMS was standing there looking so awkward without any flowers.  It’s not the fault of the actresses -  probably a slipped-up by the production crew members.  Unlike in KBS Entertainment Awards, there were abundance of congratz-flowers shoved on the winner....I wonder whether it is a customary practice?!?.

On a personal opinion, I don’t like the idea of hosting this kind of award show with a T-designed stage – the tables were split into two sections. It was inconvenient for actors of both sides to congratulate each other and after the count-down to New Year, they couldn’t hug or shake-hands to wish each other Happy New Year.   They had to resort to bowing to their fellow members on the opposite side of the stage.

20140103171122579776.jpg

Backstage pictures : Joo Won  and 2nd picutre - Ji-sung with Lee Yoon-ji – both of them are from the same agency, “Namoo Actors”

2014010523042511_1_rstarkja.jpg

Backstage....in the Waiting Room, Jo Jung-suk busy with his cellphone?....

Credit : Nocutnews and Hankook

Felicia Soh said:

There were some odd moments when two winners ( actors “ Jo Jung-suk and Jo Sung-ha)  from “The Best of Lee Soon-shin” and “Wang’s Family” received the awards – at least two actors from “Wang’s Family” camp went on stage to congratulate their colleague with a bouquet of flowers but none from TBLSS.  Luckily, one of the actors from “Wang’s Family” passed one of the bouquet of flowers to JJS. Unfortunately, it was not the same when Lee Tae-ran and Lee Mi-sook went on stage to receive their respective awards – LTR were holding two bouquet of flowers while LMS was standing there looking so awkward without any flowers.  It’s not the fault of the actresses -  probably a slipped-up by the production crew members.  Unlike in KBS Entertainment Awards, there were abundance of congratz-flowers shoved on the winner....I wonder whether it is a customary practice?!?.

Felicia Soh said:

On a personal opinion, I don’t like the idea of hosting this kind of award show with a T-designed stage – the tables were split into two sections. It was inconvenient for actors of both sides to congratulate each other and after the count-down to New Year, they couldn’t hug or shake-hands to wish each other Happy New Year.   They had to resort to bowing to their fellow members on the opposite side of the stage.

Credit : Nocutnews and Hankook

yoeda said: Felicia Soh said:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived