[Variety] Beating Hearts / Heart is Beating (심장이 뛴다)

Watching episode 26 now, and I'm so glad to see them back in Busan.  Awww...I guess I missed those guys.  The cast members seem happy to be back too.  I had been thinking of rewatching the earliest episodes for fun at some point, but I think we'll be getting a lot of flashbacks of those with them back in Busan, so maybe I don't need to. :)   It'll be fun to be reminded of how far they've come and see how much they've improved.

Also, really surprised to hear music from Thao with The Get Down Stay Down in this episode!  Right after they walk into the Busan station, about 17 minutes in.  Here's the youtube link just in case anyone wants to hear the rest of the song (super funny video, too).  Love her.  Nice job, music pickers.  She really isn't even well-known here.  I wonder how many Korean fans she has, lol.  I guess she has at least one, and he/she works at SBS.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kjmcth said: ki woong tweeted today

건강히 잘 다녀오겠습니다! 여러분도 건강하세요^ ^

with googletrans
Well I Been healthily ! Take care of you ^ ^

Gah!  Don't remind me.  (Where's the cry reaction when you need it?)

Also an article:
Park Ki Woong to Enlist in the Military Today
On May 8 at 2 PM (KST), actor Park Ki Woong will be enlisting through the Nonsan training camp to receive basic training, after which he will serve as a conscripted policeman.

At the end of last year, after being accepted to enlist as a policeman, Park Ki Woong has adjusted his schedule accordingly, waiting for his specific enlistment date. Just last month, the actor wrapped up shooting for the SBS show “My Heart Beats” and withdrew from the show.

Park Ki Woong has received a lot of love for his performance in works such as the movie “Secretly, Greatly” and the drama “Bridal Mask.” Before he enlists, the actor is leaving us with one last movie, called “Mad Sad Bad,” which is set to premiere on May 15.

source
2 pm KST was 17 minutes ago...

Noooooo.... no more Ki Woong in the show T______T I'll miss him for sure.I hope if he come out of the army and if the show is still ongoing, he can return to the show...
He's my favorite member in the show but I'm also loving the whole cast, Wooshik, Jeon Hyebin and the two Donghyuk(s),

Actor Park Gi Woong left a comment for starting his military service.

On May 8th, actor Park Gi Woong wrote on his Twitter, "I will have a safe military service. Please stay sound and safe until then!"

Park Gi Woong will be getting 4 weeks of basic military trainings in Nonsan, and serve in the military for 21 months.

Park Gi Woong said, "I got to start my military service on Parents' Day. I told my parents thanks for giving me a birth. I feel very sorry to start my military service on such a meaningful day."

Meanwhile, Park Gi Woong debuted back in 2005, and grew famous after casting in various films and dramas, such as 'The War of Arrows,' 'Secret To Greatness,' and 'Heart Beats.'

Park Ki Woong bids farewell as he enters military service

Actor Park Ki Woong enlisted on May 8 for his military service, bidding farewell to fans with a message on Twitter as well as giving a salute at his enlistment site.

The actor wrote, "I will go and return in good health!  All of you be healthy, too."

Then, before entering training, he stated to the fans and the press who had gathered at the site, "It so happens that I've enlisted on Parents' Day [in Korea].  I called my parents in the morning and thanked them for giving birth to me instead of saying I would go and return well.  I feel extremely sorry for leaving on Parents' Day like this.  My parents gave me a boost, saying it was a relief I was going when it was neither too hot nor too cold."

In relation to carrying out his duties as a conscripted policeman after the initial training at the military base, Park Ki Woong said, "I wanted to become a conscripted fireman, but my injury proved an obstacle, so I could not apply to be one.  I will return after doing the two years of service." 

source: allkpop

So it is possible to be a conscripted fireman...I did wonder if that existed.  Sad that he didn't get to do it though...

Guest adikkeluangman

Owh, PKW. So no more pretty-handsome couple for awhile in the show. Maybe I 
So what will happen with the program or cast? Will they add new celebrity to make it permanent five or just add a celebrity guest on per episode. I like the current cast and the come-and-go actors like Lee Won Jong and that guy from NRG. 

I just thinking why don't they asked the help from the actors/celebrities from their agency to promote more about their Moses Project. Maybe just a picture tweet and what not. Well, Choi Woo Sik is under JYPE and they got popular idols group there. 

Watching EP24 it is special episode right since it was aired on the first few week of ferry tragedy. It was so sad to see the situation again.

adikkeluangman said: No show tonight.

Due to the new pilot program being on-air, #Choiwooshik 's SBS '심장이 뛴다' will take its absence tonight.

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS)

May 13, 2014

kjmcth said: seem like this show will be finished soon >>>>>>

Hmm...I hope not, but that might be the case.  It might depend on audience response to the new show.

If it does end, they could end it with PKW's last episode.  That's still a few episodes away (I'm pretty sure he is still going to be in the set of episodes in the location that comes after Busan).  I don't know if the rest of the cast has continued filming beyond that.  I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Edit:
Let's also not forget that pilots don't necessarily air in the show's final timeslot.  This show's two pilot episodes aired on Fridays, and then took a break of a couple of weeks, and then came back with episode 1 on a Tuesday, where it's been ever since.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like no episode next week because of election coverage.

Google translated excerpt:
22 afternoon, according to published listings come SBS 26 and 27 days, 29 days before the 6.4 major candidates for local elections appeared that the debate will take place live. As a result, 'Healing Camp', 'heart beats', 'one hundred years guest-Honey' are not scheduled for broadcast.

Source

SBS schedule for May 27 also confirms this.

Well, at least there was a new episode this week...

Guest adikkeluangman

I missed a couple of episode already. Anyway no show tonight. Seriously for a branded content, it is a long program. In my country it will be like 13 episode max.

Due to district election debate broadcast, #Choiwooshik 's SBS '심장이 뛴다' won't be on-air tonight.

— JYPACTORS (@JYPACTORS)

May 27, 2014

Is this article saying what I think it's saying?  Excerpt (Google translated):

'
Heart beats' is abolished.

May 28 23:00 SBS broadcast official said Tuesday the release of SBS 'heart beats' is likely to be abolished.

I would be sad (but I would understand) if it was cancelled, but I'll be really annoyed if they don't even show the remaining episodes first.

Edit: Okay, there are lots more articles all saying the same thing.  It seems like the new show starts June 10, which doesn't give them much time to burn off the remaining episodes, does it?  Grrrr...

@ecs707a  just read news they cancel heart beart  with new show/program  will be airing 10 june... so sad .. last filming with park kiwoong already airing or not?  this week rating only 2:7 % ... how  their project??  

@kjmcth, yeah, I was just trying to figure out how many episodes they're wasting.  I am pretty sure they were still filming up to the end of April (with PKW), which is when the Busan episodes started airing.  So that leads me to believe that there are 4 more episodes after the one remaining Busan episode...but there's only one week between now and June 10.  So I guess they're not going to air the last 4 episodes.  Which makes me angry...*shakes fist at SBS*

Okay, well now I'm seeing a bunch of articles saying that the new show doesn't start until July 8, so that gives us 5 more weeks (which adds up to the number of episodes that I thought were left).  So maybe we do get to see the remaining episodes.

Here's an excerpt from one article (Google translated):

SBS will be carried out in June a massive reorganization . According to SBS firefighters Experience Program ' heart beats ' is abolished. July 1 to the end of the TV broadcast disappears. Firefighters rescue efforts and covers the importance of life- long ambulance to the household gods of the ' miracle of Moses ' craze to arouse a big impact in terms of public interest , such as that caused program.

' Heart beats ' , and then the yihyori , Moon Sori , ipdam of honest agents gathered hongjingyeong pilot program ' Magic Eye ' is a regular organized.
The first broadcast was decided in the coming days, July 08 .

source

July 1 - last Beating Hearts broadcast; July 8 - first Magic Eye

Archived