[Variety] Beating Hearts / Heart is Beating (심장이 뛴다)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ecs707a said: No episode this week, but the cast was interviewed on some SBS show:

ikahishak said: hopefully someone will translate this interview..want to know what are they talking bout esp for Donghyuk and Hyebin hehe

I can't translate, but I think I know what was going on with PKW based on gestures and the picture of Han Chae Ah, lol.
As for Hye Bin and Dong Hyuk, I found this article (unintelligibly Google translated):

'Midnight' jeonhyebin "in good health and very sweet man"

Learn jeonhyebin favorite men's style to the public.

1 day broadcast SBS 'Midnight TV Entertainment' from 'heart beats' jeonhyebin, choewoosik, bakgiung, Lee, Won - Jong, jangdonghyeok drawn fastball interview.

Lee, Won - Jong jeonhyebin day is a "man Kinnikuman some soft feeling well this feeling well," he asked.
Jeonhyebin is "very sweet person and good health," he said. And jangdonghyeok is "very sweet side but what about the ugly man hanya" he doemuleotda. Jeonhyebin the "internal things more important," he said.

But she said, "Well jangdonghyeok Liked" the question of the cast in "It's not," he said laughing clung

So maybe it was some kind of ideal type question, based on that and what I suspect of PKW's answer (he has talked before about liking the shape of a woman's head, and Han Chae Ah is his ideal, lol).

I realized something this weekend when I was watching some 1N2D S2 episodes (I usually watch this show on weekends, because that's when I used to watch 1N2D.  Beating Hearts filled the void, or shall I say, the 1N2D-shaped hole in my heart. :)  But no new episode this week, so I watched a couple of 1N2D episodes instead.).
Anyway, I was watching the second part of the bartering race trip, when they called celebrity friends (Joo Won called PKW) and saw this:
vlcsnap-2014-01-06-16h15m08s226_zps175ff
and suddenly realized that that was probably when they were filming the first few episodes of this show in Busan (the 2 pilot episodes, and episodes 1-4).  The 1N2D episode aired September 1, and probably was filmed a couple weeks prior to that.  The Beating Hearts pilot first part aired September 6.  It makes me wonder how/when they film this show.  How many days do they film to get one episode?  And how long do they actually spend filming at each location to get enough footage for 4 episodes/location?  I think they at least did the pilot separately from episodes 1-4, even though all 6 episodes were in Busan.
I also wonder if that resulted in extra time spent in Busan, and that's why they seemed to form closer relationships with the people there compared to later episodes.  They did those outings where they just goofed off together and some of the cast even went back to attend someone's wedding.  It seems like they are focusing less on the people they're working with in later episodes (not a criticism, just an observation).  I wonder if that was an intentional decision on the part of the production team, or it just turned out that way because of the less time spent there, or just random chance.  Of course, physical location may play a role too; since Busan is so far from Seoul, maybe there were more overnight stays there since they wouldn't be very likely to go back home in between with that distance.  I wonder if they'll go somewhere far away from Seoul again.  Their last two locations (Suwon, Incheon) have not taken them far from home.

Guest adikkeluangman

I love this show. I wonder how the casts filming this since are they not busy with their own dramas/movie or what not.
2014010701019_0_59_20140107101104.jpg<Absolutely adorable Woo-Shik in SBS 'The Heart is Beating' with his shower hair and flame masks!>http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=023&aid=0002656642&sid1=001

201401072327773231_52cc10c92d1ec_59_2014
Woo-Shik met the robot Charlie in SBS 'The Heart is Beating'! Woo-Shik demonstrated his outstanding ability to control Charlie http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=109&aid=0002689279&sid1=001

BdXg7jZCYAALlt5.jpg@/gagshouting  바보들 돌격 앞으로

adikkeluangman said: I love this show. I wonder how the casts filming this since are they not busy with their own dramas/movie or what not.
<Absolutely adorable Woo-Shik in SBS 'The Heart is Beating' with his shower hair and flame masks!>http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&oid=023&aid=0002656642&sid1=001

@adikkeluangman, thanks for the links and pics!
But I can't believe they forgot my favorite "adorable Woo-shik" moment:
Yeah, most of the cast are actors, and most of them have stuff going on right now.  Lee Won Jong was absent from episode 12 again.  Apparently he's in Empress Ki.  I'm not watching that show, so I didn't realize.  PKW has that movie, Jo Dong Hyuk is in Inspiring Generation, Hye Bin has a drama special coming up, I think.  Movies and single-episode drama specials wouldn't be so difficult to work around, I think.  But filming a drama and a show like this one at the same time must be difficult.  I wonder if Jo Dong Hyuk will be absent from any future episodes, since he's in Inspiring Generation now.  I'm still trying to figure out what schedule they are filming on too.  I noticed in episode 12, there was a calendar on the wall and it was still turned to November.  But that doesn't mean it actually was November, I guess.  Maybe they just forgot to turn the page.

kjmcth said:

last week at my country -onehd .. just finidsed aired epi they last week at suwon...( i want know this  which epi)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZADd7vCMAAeEqF.jpg

And yes, I caved and watched episode 12 before the weekend.  So I know what episode the seagulls are from now, kjmcth - they are in episode 12.

• 2 weeks later...

And cue the biggest shock face.. ;))

iqqEM0j5aLIqV.gif
(in reaction to rappel jumpers in ep 5)

I'm watching Jo Dong Hyuk in Inspiring Generation and I can't take him seriously as the villain after seeing him in his green underwear with butterfly tattoo next to his abs :)) It'll take me a few more episode, if ever. My brain can't process the old ladies-helper JDH and the children killer JDH in one dose.. :-t

dr25 said: And cue the biggest shock face.. )

(in reaction to rappel jumpers in ep 5)

I'm watching Jo Dong Hyuk in Inspiring Generation and I can't take him seriously as the villain after seeing him in his green underwear with butterfly tattoo next to his abs ) It'll take me a few more episode, if ever. My brain can't process the old ladies-helper JDH and the children killer JDH in one dose.. :-t

Yay!  You're watching! :)
I'm watching Inspiring Generation too.  Whenever he walks in all scary and killer-y, I can only think about his extensive and complicated skin care regime.

adikkeluangman said: SBS reveals the behind-the-scenes clip for '심장이 뛴다'.

I have watched this at least 3 times already.  I kind of want this show to exist now.  Just put them in a house and let the cameras roll, lol.  The two shows could run in parallel.  Make it happen, SBS!
dr25, you might want to stop watching at about 5:30 if you are really trying to see JDH as Shinichi, lol.  Or, y'know, don't.  Because he's kinda adorable here   I say, embrace the dichotomy.  It just means he can act, right?

Another from the SBS Entertainment awards:
sbsentpkwgroup_zpsfdba8494.jpg~original
Edit: I just realized that these guys are from the Gangnam episodes (isn't muscle-y, scary Terminator guy the one in the back row, far right?).  So they were filming there when the award ceremony took place?

And maybe we'll see them working with rescue dogs in future episodes?
dog_zps646a6191.jpg~original
(or maybe this is just a random cute dog.)
source: PKW twitter

In the middle of watching episode 14 right now...had to pause to post this...how is it not a law to pull over and yield to an emergency vehicle in Korea?  I've never thought about it before, having only ever lived in places where it is the law.  I kept wondering in earlier episodes if it really wasn't a law when I kept seeing them getting stuck in traffic and getting cut off by other drivers.  And I think maybe that's what the sign in the photo from the SBS Entertainment awards is about?  Maybe using the show to raise awareness and convince people that yielding to emergency vehicles is a good idea?  I don't know, haha.  But this article's headline (bad Google translation: Citizenship bakgiung appeal "fire engine out of your way") would seem to suggest that that's the case.

Hmm...who knew this show was going to be so educational? :D

Edit:  Auggghh...this episode is stressing me out, lol.  I cannot even imagine how frustrating it must be to be stuck in traffic, knowing that someone is in terrible pain or even dying because traffic is too bad and people won't get out of the way.  I shouldn't be watching this right before bed.  Oh well, back to watching :)

Park Gi Woong's new Twitter post is becoming a hot issue.
20140130154713_52e9f5702211a_1.jpg
On January 29th, actor Park Gi Woong wrote on his Twitter, "Did you watch 'Heart is Beating'? One thing that I can tell you clearly is that firetrucks never put their sirens on unless they are in an emergency situation. Please make way for them."

January 28th broadcast of SBS 'Heart is Beating' showed Park Gi Woong transporting an emergency patient with his limbs cut to a hospital, but the ambulance had a hard time while moving through cars.

Park Gi Woong even saw a car blocking the ambulance's way, and showed a great disappointment and despair.

The photo that Park Gi Woong uploaded along with the post shows him holding a sign that says, 'Make way for firetrucks!'

Netizens who saw the post left comments, such as "I strongly agree!", "I was very surprised as well", and "I wonder if that person still would've blocked the ambulance's way if the patient was his own family."

Meanwhile, 'Heart is Beating' airs on every Tuesday at 11:15 PM.

starnews

Did anyone ever figure out what they were talking about here?

I assume they were giving each other nicknames or something.  You guys who actually get to watch with subs (was it only @ikahishak and @kjmcth?) will have to fill the rest of us in when you get to episode 12. :)

ecs707a

said: I wonder if they'll go somewhere far away from Seoul again.  Their last two locations (Suwon, Incheon) have not taken them far from home.

Haha, I say this and then where do they go next?  Seoul.  Must be a lot more convenient for the cast this way, though.

dr25 said:

Lol, I read your post before watching the video and, for a sec, I was like...what other show  XD Thanks for the much needed warning Glad to report I mustered enough courage, went past 5:30 and...awwww ....srsly awwww I was thinking to myself, if I'm fine seeing Shunji saving a stray cat and warmly singing for ajummas & haramonies and still allowing him to give me the creeps with every rewatch of Gaksital, it's totally bias of me not to give uri JDH the same benefits of me suspending my disbelieve, lol. To be frank, JDH's Shinichi is somewhat like the Inspiring Generation's Kajyyama (spl) don't ya think? *^* I can't complain about that..

I'm still on episode 6 Turtle-speed I know..but I need to find me some watching time & apatite T__T

dr25, I think Shinichi has the advantage over Katsuyama (yeah, I don't think I spelled that right either)--at least he gets to speak.  And (presumably) has a back story. 
And episode 6 gets you a dose of action hero-style JDH, at least.  That should help counteract the cuddliness, haha.

@ecs707a  sorry i not reply becoz i not watch episode last week.. but this week i already watch  .. yes go seoul (episode 14  -140213 -onetv ) and this episofe related with tweet & news abt  park kiwoong .. i crying with patien his leg need cut -- time ice accident at gwangju  becoz she out his car to  help another person ....

yongsun and hyebin....
:D

Hi @kjmcth!  It sounds like episode 14 stressed you out too, haha.  It stressed me out, but I liked it.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.  That was a good episode.
And in the ongoing saga of me trying to figure out the delay between filming and airing episodes, in last week's episode (15), they celebrated Lee Won Jong's birthday (January 1).  So I think, based on that and other evidence, it's at least a month delay.  Which explains (at least in part) why the editing in this show is good.  They have lots of time to figure out the best way to construct a narrative for each set of episodes (at each location).

Archived