[THE OFFICIAL] WINNER Thread

Admin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest samara18

I watched all of the WIN episodes and I can't wait till these guys finally debut. I think I follow WINNER on all my social networking sites ^^'. I love their song 'Smile Again'.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest magicaanisa

I can't wait for them to debut! I heard that it was going to be in April, but I guess it got pushed back even further ;~; 

Guest adikkeluangman

[MV] Yoon Jong Shin Monthly Project March 'WILD BOY' (Feat. Kang Seung Yoon, Song Min Ho of WINNER): http://youtu.be/xmH9A2cZ80c The MV is so random but the song is nice as usual by YJS. The collaboration with the boys made it good.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

GOT7 deny that they feel a rivalry with WINNER + reveal 2PM to be their role model
BqbbzdDIYAAEcQs.jpg

At GOT7's comeback showcase held on June 18 at the Ax Hall in Seoul, the boys revealed their thoughts on their rivals and role models.  They received a question in relation to YG's first boy group in eight years, WINNER, which has often been called the rival for JYP's rookie group, GOT7.  

JB said, "This is a tricky question.  We do not think of them as rivals, at all.  Rather than looking at them in a competitive way, I will look at their strengths to work even harder and I hope that the both of us will come out winners."
In relation to GOT7's strengths, JB continued, "I don't think there is anything that can be called a strength, yet.  I do think we are a bit good at martial arts tracking.  There's nothing special as of yet, so looks like we need to work even harder."
As for their role models, GOT7 chose their senior label mate group, 2PM.  They said, "2PM seniors have the best skills and personalities.  They take care of us a lot and there were many times when we were moved by them.  Even when we were filming reality program 'I GOT7,' they advised us a lot to not feel burdened and show our normal personalities."
In relation to J.Y. Park, they said, "Producer J.Y. Park is always like a father to us and buys us a lot of food.  He is normally kind like that, but when we go into recording, he is like a knife and very detailed when working on his song.  He's a true professional and has charisma."
Their second mini-album will be released on June 23 with title track "A"!
http://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/got7-deny-that-they-feel-a-rivalry-with-winner-reveal-2pm-to-be-their-role-model

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lalalala823

I die like everytime they release a teaser!! OMG Jinwoo is soooo friggin hot. I was set on Taehyun and Minho being my bias but now I don't know anymore. Hahahaha! Every member is my bias. They're all so hot. And the fact that they prefer shorty shorts over pants. Daebak!! Winner saranghae!!  :x :x

Guest elladohra

I just want to share this ^~^ it's really awesome  

Credit : Agnes Ashman

There are all these theories about the O.Wilde circling around, and actually, I  was so intrigued, I read the whole 5 stories to see whether it all fits. (if anyone reads this; thumbs up!! It is only a theory :P) The Visitor theory is at the veeery bottom! 

The Selfish Giant: Jinwoo - because the Giant waited for the little boy to arrive and kept looking into his garden.
The Nightingale and The Rose: Taehyun - the Nightingale, that had to bleed for the roses to become red.
The Remarkable Rocket: Mino - The fizz, the bang (broken pencil sound) and the earth shaking, just at the end when the rocket blew up. 
But the remainder of the 2 is a bit tricky. If I were to sort of piece them together, I'd say that the;
The Happy Prince: Seungyoon - it just doesn't make sense. The waterfall in reverse could mean that after the Sparrow died and the statue had been melted, they went to heaven and lived there? (died and came back to life - the reverse waterfall?) But what's with the tuning forks?
The Devoted Friend: Seunghoon - The lady that follows him could be the little Hans and Seunghoon is the Miller, who neglected his friend by thinking he is doing good deed, while actually being quite selfish. (although the way it is portrayed in the short doesn't look that way :/)

Actually, I read another 5 shorts (A House of Pomegranates) by Oscar Wilde, and I would love to put two stories with Seunghoon and Seungyoon, because they seem to fit the best. 
The Fisherman and his Soul: Seungyoon - the forks represent the sweet melody the mermaid sang (the very beginning of the short) to lure the Fisherman and make him fall in love. And then the two forks (when Seungyoon is putting the forks to his ears) - one sort of shows his fight with the Soul that would tell him do things he didn't want to, and the other is his own mind and will (because he was separated from his own soul), and the power of love the Fisherman had for the Mermaid. 
The Young King: Seunghoon - There was this bit in the story about the young king, and I quote: "Upon these journeys of discovery, as he would call them - and, indeed, they were to him real voyages through marvellous land, he would sometimes be accompanied by the slim, fair-haired Court pages, with their floating mantles, and gay fluttering ribands; but more often he would be alone, feeling through a certain quick instinct, which was almost deviation, that the secrets of art are best learned in secret, and Beauty, like Wisdom, loves the lonely worshipper." (O.Wilde). Hence the lady following Seunghoon as he goes into the amusement park and wanders alone. But who knows. It could be many stories by O.Wilde fused into one short or it could be completely irrelevant. 

Also, since the topic is sort of about O.Wilde, I had two another theories come to mind. The meaning of S/S - it could be either Short Stories, or it could really represent 8/8, and O.Wilde's "The Happy Prince and Other Tales", was first published in 1888. Which also got me thinking, that 8, in Chinese numerology, is a number of fortune/luck, so YG goes with a book that was published in 1888, has two S/S's to (perhaps) represent double 8's and ends up with shorts from O.Wilde? (forgive my mind, when it goes into theory mode, it's a mess lol)

ANOTHER thing, is with the Visitor they mention... and this is from the Remarkable Rocket (O.Wilde): "'Oh! dear no," cried the Rocket. "I am merely a visitor, a distinguished visitor. [..].. for I know that I am destined to make a sensation in the world."'.. '"I am made for public life," said the Rocket, "and so are all my relations, even the humblest of them. Whenever we appear we excite great attention. I have not actually appeared myself, but when I do so it will be a magnificent sight."' 

But of course those are VERY far fetched theories lol!

• 2 weeks later...

class="svtitle" style="font-size: 30px; margin: 3px 0px 14px; padding: 0px; line-height: 1.2em; font-weight: normal; clear: both; display: inline;"YG Family Concert to hit Singapore September 13 & 14BIG BANG, 2NE1, PSY, WINNER and more will hit Singapore for the sole Southeast Asian stop for the YG Family Concert tour
773556A29E5F75D568F47DA7A.jpg

Fans of YG artistes such as BIGBANG, 2NE1, PSY, Epik High and WINNER, rejoice – your wishes are finally coming true. After giving our sunny island (and most of Asia) a pass for their 10th Anniversary World Tour and 15th Anniversary Concert Tour, they will make their mark in Singapore on September 13 & 14 with the YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore in the tour's only Southeast Asian stop.

BIGBANG and 2NE1 are no stranger to our shores, having graced us with their respective solo concert tours and fan meetings before. PSY also rocked out to a crowd of 4,000 in 2012, just after the release of his mega-hit ‘Gangnam Style’. Fans of soon-to-debut group WINNER and Epik High, however, have much to cheer about as this will mark their first local performance here.

Kicking off their 2014 tour in Osaka and Tokyo earlier this year, the agency has so far only announced their Shanghai stop, which will take place on August 30. The Korean fans will also be treated to an extravaganza at their AIA Real Life Now Festival in Seoul on August 15.

VIP (BIGBANG fans) will be happy to see all five lads standing on one stage as the members are currently focusing on solo activities and rarely perform together. Likewise, fans of WINNER, who have been dropping teasers of their long-awaited debut after coming out tops in last year’s reality show WIN: Who Is Next?, will finally be able to see their beloved quintet do what they do best.

The last entertainment and previously only agency to hold its group concert here was SMTOWN LIVE WORLD TOUR III in Singapore, which thrilled a 24,000-strong crowd despite the sudden downpour that night.

After a year without any joint concert after the infamous last-minute cancellation of the MBC Korean Music Wave in Singapore, fans are undoubtedly eagerly awaiting the return of such star-studded events.

YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore is organized by ONE Production.

YG Family 2014 Galaxy Tour: Power in Singapore Concert Details 

Date: September 13 (Saturday) & 14 (Sunday) 

Time: 6PM & 5PM respectively 

Venue: Singapore Indoor Stadium 

Ticket Prices: S$398 (VIP), $268, $198, $168 (excluding ticket charges)

VIP packages will include a Category 1 concert ticket, an entry pass to the VIP Soundcheck Party, an exclusive laminated pass, merchandise and a chance to get up close and personal with the artistes via a Meet & Greet session. Tickets will go on sale on July 19 (Saturday), 10am across all SPORTSHUBTIX channels

Cr: xinmsn

• 4 weeks later...