❤Chilbong &Na Jeong❤ "Cider~Miracle" Couple: Our Beautiful Memories of Reply 1994

candid59

• Replies 13.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's funny, but when I was thinking of Najung and Chilbongie today, I actually thought of Hakchan+Youjung from Reply 1997.

I know that one argument against Cider is the time they've known each other - just 2 years - versus the lifetime of Oppa/Najung. Yet, Hakchan+Youjung only knew each other for basically the same amount of time (even less). Yeah, they started dating but still they had a 6 year separation and as 18 year olds, weren't the most mature.

Yet even then, 6 years later, Hakchan returns at JUST the right time and it's as if those 6 years didn't matter.

I feel like it's more than likely that will happen. Despite what observers might say, I think the scenes where Najung is troubled with Chilbong isn't just guilt - that here is a wonderful friend she genuinely cares about, but can't like. I think she is somewhat affected, but her blinding love for Oppa just blocks out all else. If she and Oppa end, however, and she sees Chilbong in the news, sees her photo in Chilbong's hat...bam. That moment 4 years later or so.

Also, I do feel like next episode, that Chilbong+Oppa scene, Chilbong WILL give him the baseball. Remember when Binggrae asked him, "Are you taking that with you?" and Chilbong goes, "No, I'm leaving it to someone." I have this feeling it's Oppa and that is why he calls Oppa to meet him.

BUT I don't think that's the person who will ultimately hold it. Even if he gives Oppa the baseball in a, "This was my dream in the beginning, and now I have no right to my dream of Najung. Take it and take care of her", from what I know about Oppa - in fact if I was Oppa - why, no matter what reason, would I keep for 20 years a symbol of ANOTHER man, who is still close to my wife, and his life for her? Honestly, it makes no sense for me. I can get Oppa accepting it, but why would Oppa keep it for so long and leave it in public in his house? When his wife and 3 kids, and the man who loved his wife so much in his 20s, is right there? No matter what, I can't accept it. I can't imagine it.

But what if, when Oppa and Najung break up...Oppa gives it to Najung? Handing it off, telling her that someone who had her as a dream let that dream go...but maybe it's time for her to go to it?

I don't know. I just really, really have this feeling Chilbong is giving Oppa his baseball, his prized baseball, as a message. But nothing in my head can make me understand why Oppa would keep it in the open rather than just put it somewhere it'll never be seen, if he and Najung married. You can't be that generous to the guy who loved your wife so much.

So I guess what I'm saying is - everyone here, don't be heartbroken/feel like your ship is not only sunk but totally obliterated, if we see Chilbong giving Oppa the baseball. Because it doesn't matter who has the baseball in 1996. It matters who has it in 2002.

tiffanyndo said: Why do I love Joon and ship the Miracle Couple?

My affection toward Joon grows bigger and bigger everyday. And the reasons are not only the obvious things that he says or does but also his subtle body language.

For example, these are two moments that I feel his angst the most:

I know that all is fair in love and war, and that I can not blame SRK for telling CB that he loves NJ. But while SRK was all like "now I think about it, I love her, too blah blah blah", all I can see is how CB stood there silently absorbing that harsh truth, and it BROKE MY HEART!

The way he looked at NJ then averted his eyes away here saddens me a lot, too; I can see his loneliness from it.
When "Magic Castle" (the BGM) kicked in, I was like MY FEELS! I JUST CAN'T...
Here is that scene again:

There is another one that is less depressing:

Haha I laughed at that little jump he had there. I wonder what he was thinking then ;))
And of course I also adore that little smile he cracked afterward:

I am not really sure what I feel during those moments are more toward CB the character or YYS the actor. But, you see, it is hard to know because there is a thin line between them. And at the end of the day, CB is YYS and vice versa :)

P/s:

By the way, am I the only one here think that Joon looks so hawt in this throw? I don't know if he still plays baseball in 2013, but if he does, he must be the VISUAL one :))

Guest kimchiflavoredplot

POGA said: ...
So I guess what I'm saying is - everyone here, don't be heartbroken/feel like your ship is not only sunk but totally obliterated, if we see Chilbong giving Oppa the baseball. Because it doesn't matter who has the baseball in 1996. It matters who has it in 2002.

@POGA
Thank you for your encouraging words. I feel like that moment is bound to come to us.I can see Chilbong giving the ball to Trash Oppa. More Sad moment for us.I can see Chilbongies having an even harder time after EP15. But I have faith.
The fact that from EP14 unward,It's the story of CB and The traveling Ball gives me hope. Maybe CB won't be the end game.But I'm glad that after the ending of EP14 and how CB went into deep thoughts looking at that ball,Now AM1994 is telling the story through CB's eyes.Yes We are seeing things through CB's perspective.That's what I believe is happening. Cheer on everyone.CB's development We all were waiting for is finally happening.

@tiacosas OH THANK GOD YOU'RE HERE. I was just about to send out another stalker-like mention to drag you over hahaha. <3 
live streaming isn't working on me guise :'( Hopefully we'll have some amazing bongies (LOL) to update us all :D

updatingsjpoll said: tiffanyndo said: Why do I love Joon and ship the Miracle Couple?

My affection toward Joon grows bigger and bigger everyday. And the reasons are not only the obvious things that he says or does but also his subtle body language.

For example, these are two moments that I feel his angst the most:

I know that all is fair in love and war, and that I can not blame SRK for telling CB that he loves NJ. But while SRK was all like "now I think about it, I love her, too blah blah blah", all I can see is how CB stood there silently absorbing that harsh truth, and it BROKE MY HEART!

The way he looked at NJ then averted his eyes away here saddens me a lot, too; I can see his loneliness from it.
When "Magic Castle" (the BGM) kicked in, I was like MY FEELS! I JUST CAN'T...
Here is that scene again:

There is another one that is less depressing:

Haha I laughed at that little jump he had there. I wonder what he was thinking then ;))
And of course I also adore that little smile he cracked afterward:

I am not really sure what I feel during those moments are more toward CB the character or YYS the actor. But, you see, it is hard to know because there is a thin line between them. And at the end of the day, CB is YYS and vice versa :)

P/s:

By the way, am I the only one here think that Joon looks so hawt in this throw? I don't know if he still plays baseball in 2013, but if he does, he must be the VISUAL one :))

"On December 31, 1999, exactly at that instant when it becomes January 1, 2000, nuclear bombs will explode, planets will collide and black holes that suck will appear all at once. They say that the earth can fall to ruin."
 My, my, my. If this is alluding to what WE ALL THINK it's alluding to then...*fans herself* I envy Na Jeong.

credits to DB for recaps/voice-overs (EP7-EP13). sorry for the long post.

Episode 1 - Seoul Person (NJ's voice over)

Episode 2 - We're all strangers (NJ's voice over)

Episode 3 - A New Generation's love(NJ's voice over)

Episode 4 - Lie (NJ's voice over)

Episode 5 - Words I cant bear to say (T-oppa's voice over re story at the hospital)

Episode 6 - Introduction to gift giving (NJ's voice over)

Episode 7 - Summer that year

Chilbongie: At a time in my life when I had nothing left if you took baseball away from me, I found a person who made me more excited, more fired up than baseball. The hottest summer in history was beginning, and my age twenty was following suit just like the season. It was the summer of 1994.Someone once sang that summer is the season of youth, and the season of love. In the summer of 1994, the season was passing, but my—and our—summer was just beginning.

Episode 8 - A moment's choice decides your life

Samcheonpo: “Whichever path you choose, there are always lingering thoughts of the road not taken. That’s why there are no choices without regrets, and no one right answer to life. All you can do is believe that the road you’ve chosen is the right answer, and turn it into the right answer. The right answer to life is to believe that you don’t regret your past choices and live on.”  “Believing in my past choices without regret and loving them—that is the right answer, and that’s how to grow old with style.”

Episode 9 - So the thing i want to say is...

Chilbongie: When I get ready to really say it, my head fills with tens of thousands of thoughts, and my mouth shuts closed. When that happens, I just need to take a deep breath and catch those floating thoughts one by one. In doing that, I discovered that what I really want to say boils down to just two or three simple words. I just need to start it like this: So, the thing I really want to say is…

Episode 10 - It might be the last

Na-jung: “First love, and age twenty. Could there be anything as delicate and heart-thumping as those things? On December 31, 1994, our twentieth year came to an end, and our first loves awaited a new start.”“Like our first kisses that we couldn’t have foreseen, that’s how our loves that couldn’t be predicted, our twenty-first year, and 1995 began.”

Episode 11 - “The only way to end a one-sided love”

Garbage: Love and life are a lot like baseball. No matter what dangerous situation lies ahead, no matter how you try to avoid it, you have to win against someone else in the end to have victory. One-sided love hurts the heart, but you do it alone so there’s no other way—whether you win love or get rejected indifferently, the only way to end a one-sided love is to confess it. Only when you choose a frontal attack will you know the outcome. Maybe love is a lot like baseball.

Episode 12 - “The miracle that will happen to us”

Na-jung: Some people say there are miracles, and some people say there’s no such thing. But in moments of urgency, people inevitably pray and wait for a miracle. Thus, miracles need to exist—so that in all times of urgency there is some glimmer of hope for people to dwell on. Miracles need to exist.

Na-jung: In the end, miracles are a matter of probability. Miracles only exist to one person, and to the 9,999 others, are simply empty talk of that thing they call miracles. Life is cruel with its absolute and overwhelming probability. But still, miracles are needed. Rather than the despair of a zero probability that will never come to pass, a ten-million-to-one chance is better. That is how hope exists.”

Na-jung: But miracles are miracles because they aren’t common. There are far more misfortunes we don’t think of than miracles we don’t expect. That is the world. Life is too cold and harsh to live believing only in miracles.

Na-jung: What is the probability that out of seven billion people on the planet, the person I like would like me back? Right now a miracle might happen to me.

Episode 13 - “The 10,000 hour rule”

Chilbongie: “Effort isn’t seen—what people see is only the result. That’s why other people’s success might get called genius or luck.”

Chilbongie: “It is said that in order to achieve success in one field, ten thousand hours are required. The ten-thousand-hour rule. For Mozart and the Beatles and Steve Jobs and Kim Yuna, it wasn’t an innate genius or good luck that created their success, but the effort and pain of more than ten thousand hours of work. It could be that work, relationships, and love are like that. In order to achieve that accomplishment, you can’t wait for an innate something to show up or a stroke of luck—you have to work hard and try and suffer till the very end. It ain’t over ’til it’s over.”

Episode 14 - “The People who changed me” (cr to Viki)

Najungit's the rule that you can look good realizing your dreams finally by enduring family and triumphing over circumstances. Generally we cannot step on those we love to get ahead. So in the end, we end up letting go of our dreams on our own. But its alright. By losing confidence before something like dramatic success story that doesn't amount to much, there is no need to let ourselves be overwhelmed by frustration and a sense of defeat. To us, as important as dreams were, it was just that PEOPLE were too. The decision to change myself for the people i love is quite decent and charismatic thing to do.  

@updatingsjpollPlz remove photos/gifs from your quote.
i believe most of you here have watched Shrek. It is one of my favourites. Its OST is a perfect NJ's reply to J
It Is You (I Have Loved)

There is something that I see
In the way you look at me
There's a smile, there's a truth in your eyes

But an unexpected way
On this unexpected day
Could it mean this is where I belong
It is you I have loved all along

It's no more mystery
It is finally clear to me
You're the home my heart searched for so long
And it is you I have loved all along

There were times I ran to hide
Afraid to show the other side
Alone in the night without you

But now I know just who you are
And I know you hold my heart
Finally this is where I belong

It's no more mystery
And it is you I have loved all along

Over and over
I'm filled with emotion
Your love, it rushes through my veins

And I am filled
With the sweetest devotion
As I, I look into your perfect face

It's no more mystery
And it is you I have loved
It is you I have loved

I have completely lost my mind.Was walking around my house and suddenly remembered one of you saying "If Chilbong is not the husband,Then he is an extremely rude guest walking around that house" And Laughed my a&^ off,I am so weird right now.Thank God No one is home.ROTFLMAO 
not+crazy.gif

I hope there's scene where YJ just talk everything regarding what she feels about cb /oppa/najung without get drunklike she really want to fix everything straight, but she will be broken heart today because of seo taiji
anyway i really want chilbong related to this guytumblr_lkwp03Dm121qjmob6o1_r1_500.jpg
because this what this guy like to dogray_fullbuster_by_xsonx.jpg
yeah 
maybe for our chilbong
ps : just nothing to post but i miss you guyscause in the endthis how happily we gonna reunitedzuko_and_uncle_iroh_by_rider4z-d4256g9.j
sorry

Archived