Son Ho Jun | 손호준 |

czakhareina

September 16, 2015

Son Ho Joon Confirmed to Join “Three Meals a Day” Fishing Village Special 2

Source: Soompi

son-ho-joon-2.jpg

Actor Son Ho Joon is set to reunite with Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin for the second fishing village special of “Three Meals a Day.”

While previous reports claimed that Son Ho Joon has turned down the offer due to scheduling conflicts, the actor has now confirmed his appearance after organizing his drama schedule for “Mrs. Cop” to fit a trip to the fishing village. He will join the filming taking place on Manjae Island in early or mid-October.

Meanwhile, the two original cast members and new face ZE:A’s Park Hyung Sik have already made their successful first trip to the island. The anticipated second season of the tvN variety show is expected to premiere at the end of October.

Source (1) (2)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

October 12, 2015

Son Ho Joon, "I'm in the process of becoming an actor"

Source: STARNEWS via Hancinema.net

photo643073.jpg

Son Ho-joon, from the movie "Secret", was surprising. He wasn't the guy from "Three Meals A Day" where he ran errands for Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin and played with the puppies and cats there. He played Nam Cheol-woong, a man who spent 10 years planning his revenge for his girlfriend.

His acting didn't come out of nowhere. Son Ho-joon was completely engrossed in his character who spends 10 years waiting for revenge. He explained what he was thinking when he acted out every scene and he was sincere about it.

Son Ho-joon didn't get his popularity from fanciness. His appearance in the TV show "Three Meals A Day" with Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin made him look friendly. He answered all questions about acting without hesitation and although he says he's only in the process of becoming an actor, he's got what it takes to be called an actor now.

Son Ho-joon is taking step by step to become the actor he wants to be.

photo643074.jpg

"I have many discussions with the director no matter what the role is. I want to know his intentions and thoughts, then think about it. I thought it might be hard because there are two directors this time. But the female director helped me with emotional parts while the male director gave me the big picture. There's a choice when there are two directors. I could choose what helped me understand the most".

Ho-joon is working hard to become a good actor. He starred in the movie "Secret" with Lee Soon-jae and Seong Dong-il who gave him advice that he treats as nutrients. He calls Seong Dong-il his 'father'.

"I didn't have a big part in the drama "Answer Me 1994". Seong Dong-il taught me how to stand out while I played small parts. Cha Seung-won and Yoo Hae-jin tell me I'm doing well. I asked Lee Soon-jae how I can be better and he told me he didn't know. For someone like him to say that, I'm still a beginner".

Son Ho-joon has become an entertainer thanks to "Three Meals A Day". He starred in many other shows after that. Because of his dark role in the movie, he must've hesitated to be in the second season of "Three Meals A Day" but he says no.

"I think the public has matured much more so I think they'll be able to tell the difference between Son Ho-joon on TV and Nam Cheol-woong in the movie".

photo643075.jpg

Son Ho-joon wasn't always this sincere. He talked about Yoo Yeon-seok, who he's friends with. He planned to travel with Yoo Yeon-seok but they never were able to figure out a time to.

"We can't seem to work out our times. When I'm in a drama, he's free, and when I'm free, he's in a musical. I don't have a choice because Yeon-seok travels a lot. I don't know much so he always tells me. He draws up my travel course when I tell him what I want to do or see".

Son Ho-joon wants to be acknowledged. He said, "This is the time when everyone reviews me. I want to do any character or genre after that. I succeeded in changing my image for "Secret" but it's too soon to call myself an actor". Son Ho-joon made achievements on TV by doing his work quietly. The same thing goes for his path to becoming an actor.

October 14, 2015

Sanchae The Dog From “Three Meals a Day” Sends Son Ho Joon a Hilarious Wreath

Source: Soompi (Writer: JiwonYu)

Sanchae The Dog From “Three Meals a Day” Sends Son Ho Joon a Hilarious Wreath

Sanchae the dog who appeared on “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village” has sent actor Son Ho Joon a hilarious wreath for support.

On October 14, a photo uploaded on online community sites garnered much attention. It is a picture of a wreath with the caption, “This wreath is for Son Ho Joon, from Sanchae.” On one ribbon, it reads, “Woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, woof, Sanchae.” On the other ribbon, it says, “tvN‘s ‘Three Meals a Day’ staff.”

This wreath was sent from the “Three Meals a Day” staff to Son Ho Jun when he attended the VIP press conference for his film “Secret.”

During the first season of “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village,” Son Ho Joon showed a close bond with the dog Sanchae, and their special relationship caught the eyes of many viewers.

Meanwhile, Son Ho Joon’s film “Secret” is slated to premiere on October 15, and he is expected to appear on the currently airing second season of “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village” in November.

Source (1)

October 14, 2015

Son Ho-jun's Movie 'Circle of Atonement' Released Tomorrow!

Source: BNTNews

8p9qkj86pdsk9dxbolg8umjy8l11hxke.jpg

[by Yoonjung Yi] Actor Son Ho-jun’s highly anticipated movie ‘Circle of Atonement’ will be released on October 15. 

Son Ho-jun plays Nam Chul-woong, a mysterious man who holds the key to every secret in the story. He is expected to act with surprising depth and great emotion.  

‘Circle of Atonement’ narrates a thrilling story of a killer’s daughter, the detective who raised her, and the man with the answers to the secret, whom encounter 10 years after the tragic incident. The film will feature with Kim Yoo-jung, Sung Dong-il and Seo Ye-ji. 

Meanwhile, ‘Circle of Atonement’ will be on theatres on October 15. (photo by MBK Entertainment)

• 2 weeks later...

October 27, 2015

‘Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village2’ Reveals Its Second Poster

Source: BNTNews

flulogv1x4s98wfrsylq1qxcoryt9z0e.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] tvN ‘Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village2’ disclosed its second poster. 

In the picture, the casts Cha Seung Won, Yoo Hae Jin and Son Ho Joon gathered around at a front yard to have a meal. 

While Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin looked at each other and made chemistry, Son Ho Joon just glanced at the big pot and ate no matter what happened around him. 

After its first premiere, the program has ranked first among the other programs airing at the same time. Previously, Park Hyung Shik showed up as a guest and appealed his innocent charms. This time, Son Ho Joon joined to disclose a family’s daily life in fishing village to catch the audience’s attention. 

Meanwhile, ‘Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village2’ airs on Fridays at 9:45pm KST. (photo by CJ E&M)

October 30, 2015

Son Ho Jun and Yoo Yeon Seok’s Friendship Put to Test Due to Sanchae the Dog

Source: Soompi by JiwonYu 

Son Ho Jun and Yoo Yeon Seok’s Friendship Put to Test Due to Sanchae the Dog

Son Ho Jun can’t seem to decide who he likes more, Sanchae the dog or his best friend actor Yoo Yeon Seok.

On the recent episode of “Three Meals a Day-Fishing Village,” Son Ho Jun arrives on set and immediately starts looking for Sanchae the dog.

The actor even talks to the dog, saying, “Why didn’t you call me?”

When he appeared on the show last time, he even told the staff, “I want to buy Sanchae a phone and ask for his number.”

The staff had asked him last time, “Do you like Yoo Yeon Seok more or Sanchae more?” and Son Ho Joon couldn’t make up his mind easily.

son ho jun three meals a day2

During the interview portion of the most recent episode, Son Ho Joon revealed, “Yeon Seok saw that episode and called me. He told me, ‘Am I worth less than a dog to you?’”

Meanwhile, “Three Meals a Day-Fishing Village” airs every Friday at 9:45 p.m. KST.

Source (1)

October 31, 2015

Son Ho Joon and Sanchae’s Love Is Still Going Strong

Source: Soompi by kiddy_nights

Son Ho Joon and Sanchae’s Love Is Still Going Strong

Son Ho Joon, who has always been a huge fan of “Three Meals a Day” mascot Sanchae — and Sanchae a fan of Son Ho Joon — seems to be still in love with the dog.

On November 1, the official Facebook page of “Three Meals a Day” uploaded a photo of Son Ho Joon and Sanchae kissing each other at the “Three Meals House” on Manjae Island, which is the scene of the fishing village edition. You can really see their love for each other in the photo.

The staff for “Three Meals a Day” clearly seem to be in love with the adorable couple as well, as they teasingly commented, “Pushovers for love” on the photo.

Source (1)

October 31, 2015

‘Three Meals A Day: Fishing Village 2’ is the Viewers’ Favorite Show!

8fbmz8cqgu28q2dx8gs8srxuwiflyxbv.jpg

[by Yoonjung Yi] ‘Three Meals A Day: Fishing Village 2’ is the most viewed show at the time of its broadcasting for 4 weeks in a row.

According to Nielsen Korea, the recent episode that aired on October 30 at 9:45pm KST scored average of 13.6% and highest of 15.4%, which make it the most viewed program at the time of its broadcasting.

In the recent episode, Cha Seung-won entertained the viewers by adding a can of tuna that he secretly brought from the land to his kimchi stew soup. Later, he claimed that the kimchi soup he made was one of the top 3 best food he has ever had.

Moreover, Yoo Hae-jin earned the title of ‘MacGyver’ with his improvisational skills, while constructing a small-scale water supply system, and surprised Son Ho-jun and Cha Seung-won.

Meanwhile, ‘Three Meals A Day: Fishing Village 2’ airs on Fridays at 9:45pm KST. (photo by tvN)

삼시세끼

November 6, 2015

Son Ho Joon Reads 19+ Comic Books On Air?

Source: Soompi by kiddy_nights 

Son Ho Joon Reads 19+ Comic Books On Air?

The November 6 episode of “Three Meals a Day – Fishing Village Edition 2” showed Cha Seung Won, Yoo Hae Jin, Son Ho Joon, and the guest Lee Jin Wook enjoying idyllic life on an island.

sonhojoon

One of the highlights of this episode involved Son Ho Joon. He had a little bit of free time before starting the preparations for lunch, so he browsed through the comic books equipped in the house. He picked up a 19+ comic book, and after looking around furtively, he started paying attention to it.

Yoo Hae Jin, ever so perceptive, realized immediately what was going on, asked Son Ho Joon whether it featured adult content, then sagely said, “That’s why you’re so focused.”

Source (1)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest adikkeluangman

Yoon Kye Sang Explains Why He Doesn’t Often Cook at Home on “Three Meals a Day”

On November 27′s episode of “Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village,” the cast members are surprised when one of the crew tells them that guest Yoon Kye Sang has studied cooking.

When Yoon Kye Sang confirms that she’s right, Son Ho Jun asks him, “Did you learn at a school?”

201511272226773670_56585a1d2fa9b_99_2015

“Yeah,” says Yoon Kye Sang. “I learned with some middle-aged women. But I’ve forgotten it all.”

“Don’t you cook at home?” asks Yoo Hae Jin.

Yoon Kye Sang replies, “No, I do. But I learned how to cook enough servings for four people.” He adds with a laugh, ‘So if I cook, there’s so much left over.”

Check out more of Yoon Kye Sang on Manjae Island with Cha Seung Won, Yoo Hae Jin, and Son Ho Jun in November 27′s episode of “Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village”!

http://www.soompi.com/2015/11/27/yoon-kye-sang-explains-why-he-doesnt-often-cook-at-home-on-three-meals-a-day/ 

December 3, 2015

Yoo Yeon Suk and Son Ho Jun, ‘The Besties’

Source: BNTNews

6ggga6b3ckgk0r04xe6ll7hfve8g7wk2.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn, photo by Hwang Ji Eun] ‘2015 Mnet Asian Music Awards (2015 MAMA)’ held its red carpet event at AWE in Hong Kong on December 2.

The event is on its 7th year hosted by CJ E&M and it is a music festival representing Asia. For this year’s event, PSY, Park Jin Young, Bigbang, Taeyeon of Girls’ Generation, 2NE1 CL, EXO, SHINee, 4minute HyunA, GOT7, Pet Shop Boys, f(x), SanE, Jessi, Zion.T, BTS, iKON, MONSTA X, Seventeen, Basick, Lil Boi and others will attend and show their performances.

Moreover, Han Hyo Joo, Park Bo Young, Park Shin Hye, Han Chae Young, Kim Gang Woo, Jung Suk Won, Lee Jung Jae, Kong Hyo Jin, Ko Ah Sung, Yoo Yeon Suk, Son Ho Jun, Lee Kwang Soo, Ha Suk Jin, Stephanie Lee and others will present the awards. (photo by bntnews DB)

December 4, 2015

Cha Seung Won and the Cast Make Their Own Seafood Buffet

8lcinxfjcz0z5x3nwr0v0539vkru23jz.jpg

[by Woorim Ahn] Cha Seung Won challenged to make his own seafood buffet in tvN ‘Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village2’. 

On the upcoming episode of the program, the casts got a mission to make seafood buffet with more than 10 menus. 

Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin rejected the staffs’ order, but in the end, they went through a discussion to make a buffet. Particularly, Yoo Hae Jin made a special item to make Cha Seung Won’s seafood buffet shine. 

Yoo Hae Jin made Cha Seung Won’s seafood restaurant’s sign and table for a perfect setting. Moreover, he made his own Michelin guide and said, “This is 3-star restaurant” and Cha Seung Won added, “He admitted it” and smiled. 

Not only Cha Seung Won and Yoo Hae Jin, Son Ho Joon and Yoon Kye Sang did their jobs to help out them. 

Meanwhile, ‘Three Meals a Day: Fishing Village2’ airs on Fridays at 9:45pm KST. (photo by tvN)

jhjdhe20151205122742_P_03_C_1.jpg

• 1 month later...

January 25, 2016

15 second commercial spot on ‘Three Meals A Day’ worth W25m image
Three Meals a Day (tvN)

Cable channel tvN’s top two reality shows, “Three Meals a Day,” and “Youth Over Flowers,” now boast the most expensive 15-second commercial slot among Korean television programs. 

It surpassed the amount of commercial fees on major networks such as MBC, SBS and KBS. For now, the commercial spot for KBS’s hit drama, “All About My Mom” is the costliest among shows aired on the three terrestrial broadcasters -- with a price of around 15.3 million won. 

Spoiler

Reply 1988 (tvN)

TvN’s MVP of the year, “Reply 1988,” with a viewership of 19.6 percent for its final episode, had a price of 22.5 million won. The drama profited approximately 17 billion won just from the commercial fees.

Cable channel commercials in South Korea differ from commercials broadcast on mainstream television, since there are two or three 60 second commercial breaks in-between a show. 

Notable TV programs from MBC and SBS, such as “Infinite Challenge,” and “Running Man,” all fell below tvN’s dynamic duo, when judged solely on their fees for commercial spots.

“Commercial packaging,” is also prominent at all broadcasting companies. The system only allows companies to broadcast their commercials through purchasing spots on less popular programs in ties with the popular one. 

Spoiler

Youth Over Flowers (tvN)

The “Youth Over Flowers,” and “Three Meals A Day” package includes 200 million won worth of an item called “Position in Break (PIB),” which allows companies to place their commercials in the order they favor. 

An associate in the advertising industry revealed that most in-demand shows of the moment such as “Three Meals a Day” offers a package price of 300 million won that allows advertisers to broadcast their commercials once a month -- if they’re lucky. 

By Jung Min-kyung (mkj1105@heraldcorp.com) 

• 4 months later...

June 7, 2016

Cha Seung Won And Son Ho Joon To Return For Next Season Of “Three Meals A Day”

Source: Soompi by JiwonYu

Cha Seung Won And Son Ho Joon To Return For Next Season Of “Three Meals A Day”

“Three Meals a Day” will be coming back with its fifth season, and Cha Seung Won and Son Ho Joon have been confirmed to appear together on the show once again.

Producer Na Young Suk recently revealed that the casting for the show’s fifth season has been complete, with Cha Seung Won and Son Ho Joon confirmed. This duo was loved by many fans during the fishing village edition, so they are looking forward to seeing the two interact again this time.

Unfortunately, actor Yoo Hae Jin, who also had great chemistry with Cha Seung Won on the show, will not be appearing on this upcoming season.

tvN’s fifth season of “Three Meals a Day” will premiere on July 1.

Are you excited for the show to come back?

Source (1)

June 8, 2016

Casting complete on new ‘Three Meals’

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Actors Cha Seung-won and Son Ho-jun will continue to star in the tvN reality show “Three Meals a Day,” a source from the entertainment industry told Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, on Tuesday. 

“Shooting [for the fifth season] is scheduled to take place this week, and it has been confirmed to air on July 1,” according to the source. “But whether actor Yu Hae-jin [who took part in the previous seasons along with Cha and Son] will take part in the upcoming season has not yet been confirmed.”

Casting for the new season is complete, according to a tvN production crew member, but further details will not be disclosed until it is aired. 

By Jin Min-ji

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit confused here. While it retains the same 3 cast, this new TMAD is no longer on Manjae-do but a countryside area in Gochang County, North Jeolla. Should there be a new thread or perhaps, some amendments on the existing thread title?

June 29, 2016

‘Three Meals a Day’ cast is all set

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

SSI_20160617105013_V.jpg

The first episode of the tvN reality show “Three Meals a Day,” starring Cha Seung-won, Son Ho-jun, Yu Hae-jin and Nam Joo-hyuk, will air on Friday. 

The upcoming series will be the fifth season of the variety program, which launched its first season in 2014. The program features celebrities in rural settings making home appliances with wire and wood and foraging for cooking ingredients.

Cha, Son and Yu previously took part in two seasons of the series last year on Manjae Island in South Jeolla. Nam has been added as a new member for the new season, which will take place in Gochang County, North Jeolla. 

“As it was released in the media, Yu originally could not join the new season due to his hectic schedule,” the program’s producer, Na Young-seok, said at a press conference held in Sangam-dong, western Seoul. 

“The production crew was going to cast a celebrity similar to Yu, but then we decided to cast someone completely different in case Yu could join back the next season.”

Yu was able to join the program at the last minute, and the four members have been confirmed for the upcoming show. 

“The four members are like a family, each fully fulfilling their role,” Na said. 

By Jin Min-ji

June 29, 2016

'Three Meals a Day' aims to promote slow life

By Kim Jae-heun The Korea Times

16-04(279).jpg
From left, Son Ho-jun, Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin and Nam Joo-hyuk are seen in a scene from a "Three Meals a Day" episode in Gochang, North Jeolla Province, which is set to premier this Friday. / Courtesy of CJ E&M

"Three Meals a Day," tvN's popular reality cooking show, begins a new season ― this time in Gochang County, North Jeolla Province ― to promote healthy cooking and the slow lifestyle. Last season was shot in Jeongseon County, Gangwon Province last year from May to September.

"Many vegetables and fruits grown in Gochang will appear in our new episode," said the show's producer Lee Jin-ju during a press conference at Standford Hotel in Mapo-gu, Seoul. "If you find yourself interested in the show please try cooking at home with the ingredients. Our show is successful if people start to use organic ingredients after watching our series.

The reality cooking show invites popular actors Cha Seung-won, Yoo Hae-jin, Son Ho-jun and Nam Joo-hyuk to stay in the countryside and cook using only ingredients they find on the local farms. The show aims to deliver a message on the importance of preparing meals and eating together as a family, which is often ignored in fast-moving modern cities.

"We are trying to focus on the process of preparing the meals you would find in the countryside, which we believe is another fun part of watching the show. Meanwhile, the members of the cast will build a stronger fellowship among themselves through working together," Lee said.

Actors Lee Seo-jin, Ok Taec-yeon and Kim Kwang-kyu appeared in the previous season's episodes in a fishing village to show off the picturesque scenery of Manjaedo Island in South Jeolla Province. For the Gochang series, the production crew plans on showing both the seaside and mountains of the town.

Actor Cha's cooking skills are another interesting feature to watch as his unique seafood cooking style grabbed audiences in the episodes shot in the fishing village. This time the actor has to use ingredients grown in the fields and mountains.

"When I told my wife I would do this show again, the first question she asked me was ‘what kind of dishes will you make?' I think it will be the audience's common question as well," Cha said.

"In the episodes at Gochang, the actors cooked food they wanted to eat at that time," said script writer Kim Dae-joo.

"What Cha cooks in the episode is not commonly seen in ordinary life. They are his own recipes. However, if Cha has 100 different dishes he can cook, he can only make half of them in countryside because of the limitation of using available ingredients. So we decided to provide him some tools," said producer Na Young-seok.

Na also added that not all the necessary ingredients are available to cook different dishes in Gochang although there are small fields near where they are shooting. Na allowed the actors to work part-time for local residents and earn money to shop for the necessary ingredients in nearby towns.

"Of course we had the actors farm the crops for their part-time jobs as part of the entertaining segments of the show. But we used a documentary filming technique when shooting the actors working in the rice paddies, because rice is the main source of food for Koreans and it is important to show how rice is farmed," said Na.

Three Meals a Day will premier at 9:45 p.m. this Friday.

jhkim@ktimes.com

Archived