Director: Jang Young- Woo
Scriptwriter: Jung Hyung-Jung
Network: tvN
Genre: romance, comedy
Episodes: 16
Release date: 13 January 2014
Running time: Mondays & Tuesdays, 21:40

PLOT

Season 3 of "I Need Romance"s franchise will take place at a home shopping TV station and focus on the alpha girls who works there together, telling the stories of their friendships, their workplace rivalries and their love lines. The heroine, Shin Joo-Yeon (Kim So-Yeon), a 32-year-old fashion marketing director, is an ace in the workplace but constantly licking her wounds when it comes to love. She used to have a kind and warm personality but ofter 9 years in the business she becomes cold. She tells people that she does not believe in love but deep down she can´t give up on real love.
Her love interests will be a work sunbae who mentors her (Namgoong Min) versus a younger man ( Sung Joon) who comes along and heals her jaded sense of romance. (Credits: Dramabeans, AsianWiki)

CAST

Kim So-Yeon- Shin Joo-Yeon
Sung Joon- Joo-Wan
Namgoong Min- Kang Tae-Yoon
Wang Ji-Won- Oh Se-Ryeong
Park Hyo-Joo- Lee Min-Jung
Yoon Seung-Ah- Jung Hee-Jae
Park Yoo-Hwan- Lee Woo-Youn
Jung Woo Shik- Han Ji Seung
Alex- Joo Yeon`s ex- boyfriend (cameo)
Joo Sang- Wook (cameo)
John Park (cameo)
Kim Ji-Suk- Shin Ji- Hoon (cameo)

Yoo Ha Jun- Ahn Min Seok
Lim Sarang- Se Ryong`s assistant

CHARACTERS

http://www.koreandrama.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/I-Need-Romance-3-2.jpg  Shin Joo Yeon (Kim So Yeon) 32 years old

Shin Joo-Yeon (32 years old)  works at a home shopping network as a fashion marketing director. She is a tough lady in her workplace ( after 9 years of harsh working experience in a competitive world she became cold) , but she used to have a warm personality. After the last failed romantic relationship, she declares she doesn´t believe in love anymore but its easier said than done.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS8lsLv5_V3kJ62CWFVEuW  Joo-Wan  (Sung Joon) 26 years old

Joo Wan is a 26 years-old talented songwriter who returns in Korea after 17 years. He has happy childhood memories of growing up with the heroine and finds her again and the two of them will live under the same roof, where he will have his heart stolen by her all over again.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTZ7A_-GRox3UnYX-xwOp9  Kang Tae-Yeon(Namgoong Min) 36 years old

Kang Tae-Yoon is heroine´s sunbae and mentor, an workaholic perfectionist who does whatever it takes to succeed. He is smooth, refined romantic but he inwardly, doesn´t really believe in love.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqW3mD2BHCOForL2LeLfy    Oh Se- Ryeong (Wang Ji Won) 32 years old

Oh Se- ryeong is a former model who becomes a celebrity stylist and she is the heroine´s friend but in the same time she is her rival at her workplace. She is uninhibited, honest, true to her emotions and she genuinely loves Tae-Yoon.

Park Hyo-Ju-p2.jpg  Lee Min-Jung (Park Hyo-Joo)  36 years old

Lee Min-Jung is another member of the team who enjoy her single life at 36. She has a bright personality, she has a positive view on life, she enjoys both online and offline dating and generally keeps to casual short-term relationships.  
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXzh1Xu_ySs1g2VEdJg03   Jung Hee-Jae ( Yoon Seung-Ah)  25 years old                                                                                                                                      

Jung Hee Jae is a 25-years-old new hire at the company who prepared hard for a salary job mostly because she’s told that’s what you have to do in life, only to realize she doesn’t even have a dream on her own. She’s in a five-year relationship with a guy studying for the civil service exam but she`ll come to confide in her coworker, Lee Woo-Young and then fall in love with him.

Image-Park Yoo-Hwan.jpg     Lee Woo-Young ( Park Yoo-Hwan)  29 years old                                                                                                                                                                        

Park Yoo-Hwan is the team’s 27-year-old maknae, a sweet guy who gets along fantastically with all the noonas in the workplace due to a lifetime’s worth of experience growing up with an overbearing mom and strong-willed older sister. He’s the peacemaker, the good listener, and all-around perfect dongseng.                                                       

Yoo-Ha-Joon.jpg  Lee Min-Jung`s boyfriend (Yoo Ha Jun)

Teaser/ Trailer

Long Preview- Press conference

KDRAMA & MOVIES FORUM RULES

Don't post any requests for subs!

Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images.01.Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately.02.Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.03.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, Etc.. should be report to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here.04.Those who are caught breaking the soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their Id/IDs reported the mods. 05.Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs ( those without permission from the orginal subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki,Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their Id reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions.PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE IT'S DUE

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kim So-yeon headlines I Need Romance Season 3 by girlfriday | November 18, 2013 | 113 Comments

KimSoYeon_SungJoon1.jpg

Eeeeeee, Kim So-yeon (Two Weeks) and Sung Joon (Gu Family Book) in a potential noona romance? I’m officially excited. Cable network tvN’s single-girls-in-the-city romantic comedy franchise I Need Romance is gearing up for a third season, which I was totally ready to let fly under my expectation radar, but then this happened: Kim So-yeon has confirmed that she’ll be headlining the series as the main character (Love. Her.) and Sung Joon is considering playing her leading man. All aboard!

The third season (or spinoff, technically, since it’s a new story with similar themes) comes from the same writer-director team that brought us the first two seasons, and will again focus on a trio of girlfriends with Kim So-yeon front and center. The I Need Romance franchise is not without its faults (Second Lead Syndrome is particularly deadly in this universe), but they’re all marked with a stylistic flair and a frank telling of sex, love, and singledom from a woman’s point of view.

This time many of the characters will share a workplace, with Kim So-yeon playing a 33-year-old fashion marketing director of a home shopping company. Her love interests will be an older work sunbae who mentors her versus a younger man who comes along and heals her jaded sense of romance. Sung Joon is being courted to play the younger man, while Namgoong Min (Unemployed Romance) is considering the work sunbae role. So far the character descriptions haven’t been 100% definitive about one guy getting bigger billing over the other, so we might have to find out the hard way—with hearts on the line—if the tables are set to be flipped.

Yoon Seung-ah (Empire of Gold) is also considering a role as a rookie at Kim So-yeon’s company, which I’m guessing places her in romantic rival territory since the trio of girlfriends is usually a tight-knit group of thirtysomething women. Kim So-yeon’s character is described as having developed a tough prickly outer shell to succeed in the workplace, but she hasn’t fully given up on the idea of true romance even after countless failures in the love department.

I Need Romance Season 3 will air Mondays-Tuesdays on tvN, and will follow Basketball in January.

NamgoongMin_YoonSeungAh1.jpg

Sung Joon and Namgoong Min confirm I Need Romance Season 3 by girlfriday | November 21, 2013 | 60 Comments

SungJoon_NamgoongMin1.jpg

Kim So-yeon has secured her leading men for the upcoming third season of I Need Romance, and she’ll have the best of both worlds — a noona romance with Sung Joon (Gu Family Book) and an oppa romance with Namgoong Min (Unemployed Romance). Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?

The third installment of tvN’s rom-com franchise will take place at a home shopping channel and focus on the alpha girls who work there together, telling the stories of their friendships, their workplace rivalries, and their love lives. Kim So-yeon stars as the 33-year-old fashion marketing director who’s an ace in the workplace but constantly licking her wounds when it comes to love.

This season it looks like the noona romance will take center stage, and Sung Joon will be starring as a 27-year-old geeeenius songwriter who heals the heroine’s heart. The genius part is silly, but I’m always happy to see Sung Joon doing anything remotely Shut Up-esque, so yay for that. He’ll have happy childhood memories of growing up with the heroine (I smell childhood first love), and then returns to Korea after being away for seventeen years. He finds her again and the two will eventually live under one roof, where he’ll have his heart stolen by her all over again.

Namgoong Min has been cast as the heroine’s work sunbae and mentor, a workaholic perfectionist who does whatever it takes to meet his goals. He’s a smooth, refined romantic, but inwardly he doesn’t really believe in love. Wang Ji-won (Good Doctor, pictured below) will play his other love interest, a model-turned-stylist who is both the heroine’s friend and constant rival in the workplace. She’s uninhibited, honest, and always true to her emotions, and though she’s had a line of guys waiting to date her since her school days, Namgoong Min will be the first man she genuinely loves. Eep, don’t be the guy who breaks both girls’ hearts AND busts up their friendship. Don’t be that guy!

I Need Romance Season 3 will air on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in mid-January.

WangJiWon1.jpg

One of love triangles in INR3.

tumblr_mwmsfeV3401sdd1ivo1_500.jpg

"´More casting news for I Need Romance 3Wang Ji Won (Good Doctor) has joined the cast as a romantic rival to Kim So Yeon for Nam Goong Min‘s heart. Nam’s Kang Tae Yoon is a perfectionist and a workaholic who can be a perfect gentleman but doesn’t believe in love. Wang plays Oh Se Ryung, a former model who becomes a celebrity stylist and holds a torch still for Tae Yoon. I feel like Kim So Yeon has more romantic rivals than best friends. What the heck? Just because she looks like a tough cookie doesn’t mean she can’t get girly and vulnerable either! I want the besties casted now!´  (Kaedejun)

Thanks larus for opening this thread ^^

Ok, at first I dont like Sung Joon much coz his express face is not natural ~~ But anyway, hope he and So Yeon can create much chemistry in "Romance 3" :) I think if they can throw away their shyness, they will be a nice couple \:D/

ibdUhhZ0QqT0Dl.jpg

Thank you @larus for starting the thread .. It is been a long time since I haven't watched a rom-com so I think I will watch this one, besides it is Kim So Yeon :) 
I think I watched both guys in somewhere.. Don't remember the second guy but I saw Sung Joon in Lie To Me with Yoon Eun Hye. His age wasn't mentioned in there as far as I remember but he had a crush on YEH's character, so a noona romance again ;)) Hmm he was a painter in LTM, and a song-writer here? Has an artistic side, OK. And he was healing the heroine's heart there too, making her laugh, consoling her. So he loves being daddy-long-legs.. OMG he indeed has long legs, look at his height!! And he is 1990 born in real life :-? 

Thank you guys! :\">  I am glad now that I started this thread. I hesitated at first but I really wanted to find people to talk about this drama. :)

I love all the cast so far. I never watch Sung Joon, Namgoong Min or Wang Ji Won but I already like them a lot. It is a feeling I got from them. Let`s hope the script is good.

Hi, @petito, :-h Glad you will watch this drama too. Wait a minute, I saw Lie to me. So I saw Sung Joon acting. But unfortunately I don`t remember anything about that drama. I remember vaguely the plot and the two protagonists. He was involved in other noona romance?  ;))  I see many similarities with other dramas as well. The younger man & older woman romance or potentially romance is not new to kdramas. It is sweet and could be funny but I admit that it is not my favorite. We`ll see what the writer prepared for us this time.

petito said:  So he loves being daddy-long-legs.. OMG he indeed has long legs, look at his height!! And he is 1990 born in real life :-? 

I never watched I Need Romance season 1 and 2. But I checked some videos and I read comments about those shows. If they are consistent we`ll see plenty of kisses, bed scenes and women friendship. I am looking forward to all this and I pray I don`t catch the Second Lead Syndrome. I heard is lethal here. :))

What I am looking the most in this drama are the girl power and their friendship. In season 3 we have two friends liking the same man. I smell trouble. Hope they are not ruining the friendship over a guy. Doesn`t matter if he is charming, sexy, a perfect gentleman.

I can`t wait to see the cast for the other girls.  :x

Bravo!!~ @larus Billion thanks for this thread  :D :xI'm one who have never seen I Need Romance first two season. Anyway there are many good review both INR1 & 2. Hope this season more sensational :Dquite longing Soyeon Ssi in rom com drama since PP. I'm not sure to ship Noona Romance or Oppa Romance right now :P
Cast for "I Need Romance Season 3" Finalized: Kim So Yeon, Sung Joon, Nam Goong Min, Wang Ji Won. 

1456701_756905974326134_681941058_n.jpg

Kim So Yeon has secured her leading men for the upcoming third season of I Need Romance, and she’ll have the best of both worlds — a noona romance with Sung Joon (Gu Family Book) and an oppa romance with Nam Goong Min (Unemployed Romance). Who says you can’t have your cake and eat it too?

The third installment of tvN’s rom-com franchise will take place at a home shopping channel and focus on the alpha girls who work there together, telling the stories of their friendships, their workplace rivalries, and their love lives. Kim So Yeon stars as Shin Joo Yeon, the 33-year-old fashion marketing director who’s an ace in the workplace but constantly licking her wounds when it comes to love.

This season it looks like the noona romance will take center stage, and Sung Joon will be starring as Joo Wan, a 27-year-old genius songwriter who heals the heroine’s heart. The genius part is silly, but I’m always happy to see Sung Joon doing anything remotely Shut Up-esque, so yay for that. He’ll have happy childhood memories of growing up with the heroine (I smell childhood first love), and then returns to Korea after being away for seventeen years. He finds her again and the two will eventually live under one roof, where he’ll have his heart stolen by her all over again.

Nam Goong Min has been cast as Kang Tae Yoon, the heroine’s work sunbae and mentor, a workaholic perfectionist who does whatever it takes to meet his goals. He’s a smooth, refined romantic, but inwardly he doesn’t really believe in love. Kang Tae Yoon is experienced with women and is good at wooing them but deep inside, he doesn’t believe in love. In the drama, Nam Goong Min will be having a love triangle with Kim So Yeon and Wang Ji Won.

Wang Ji Won (Good Doctor) will play Nam Gong Min's other love interest, Oh Se Ryung, a model-turned-stylist who is both the heroine’s friend and constant rival in the workplace. She’s uninhibited, honest, and always true to her emotions, and though she’s had a line of guys waiting to date her since her school days, Nam Goong Min will be the first man she genuinely loves. Eep, don’t be the guy who breaks both girls’ hearts AND busts up their friendship. Don’t be that guy!

I Need Romance Season 3 will air on Mondays and Tuesdays beginning in mid-January.

cr: dramabeans, soompi / 
https://www.facebook.com/kimsoyeon.ssofans

wow fan art time.. i missed this :) kim so yeon in the first fan art looks superb!

omo many kisses and bed scenes!! i am too shy to watch them so i will just fast forward them i guess.. i hope they are not as many as to make me miss the whole drama ;))

@minkie_p: Thanks, dear! Love the fan arts! :x  I feel the same as you. I did not know who I will like better at this point. I always root for oppa romance if I have to choose but I am sure I would like noona moments as well. I hope for a good script. I want to like the stories.

@chrissydiva: I don`t want SLS so I want a vaccine or something. Help! :)   Kang Tae-Yoon ( NMG) will have two beautiful ladies interested in him. Unlike the first two seasons he will have one of them in the end. ..or not!

@petito: Don`t be shy! :))  I don`t think It would be so many. For me...au contraire. I want plenty of them. I heard this dramas have a realistic portrayal of reality. I really want true feelings. All kind of emotions. But this time, I will wait to see what they prepared for us. I will not create a scenario in my head!!! :))  Our heroine will be in a dilemma: on who to choose. Until she is deciding, the drama ends...or maybe she will kiss both to help her make a decision.

Archived