[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

I love 1n2d and it hurts to see s3 being marred by this big black history forever. It was the longest, and the best, imo. Dont sell me s1, imo its too old and doesnt suit my taste. Even if they comeback, they might want to rebrand with new season or new members. The existing members might feel they dont want to return together as the memories might be too painful. Or KBS will want a new variety show with new ppl to erase everything. Whatever the reasons, s3 is as good as over i guess.. sadly. The one i pity the most are the staffs. Bcos they dont earn much, and will suffer this loss more than the members who have other programs and earn more than the staffs. Cant help it.. but thanks for the good times..

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

At the back of my mind I expected this to happen specially with the scale of the scandal. I don't really comment here much but I've been a 1n2d S3 fan since the beginning and to say that I am angry or frustrated that this is happening to a much beloved show would be an understatement. As a fan I wish they can comeback from this, but the word indefinite makes it seem like this is the beginning of the end for the show. What makes it worse is that the show is actually still rating and has so much to explore, specially with the new intern/PD but because of one person's "crime" and "duplicity" everyone has to suffer the consequences. 

I truly hope the members, most specially the staff who has tirelessly worked through a decade of 1n2d can overcome this and come back stronger and better. 

• Sad 2

11 minutes ago, feignedreality said:

I truly hope the members, most specially the staff who has tirelessly worked through a decade of 1n2d can overcome this and come back stronger and better. 

This! I feel bad for the staff especially. Hopefully they have other projects. Or KBS has plans to distribute them to other projects or maybe they have new projects to explore. 

• Sad 4

@katakwasabi true, granted that KBS/1n2d is also at fault for welcoming him back so easily to the show when the initial scandal happened but I guess since the police force cleared him and he possibly acted differently in front of them, they never doubted him. It's really sad that other people such as the shows production staff are already paying for the consequence of JJY's crime with their jobs jeopardized like this while he himself is still just being investigated 

• Sad 2

Well, this indefinite hiatus definitely came from the upper management in KBS, else there's no reason why they would film today and do this announcement. The staff are definitely the most affected by this hiatus. I hope KBS will find a way to still get them work. 

With that said, if they return with a new cast, it's likely that I won't watch it again. I've only watched s3 but also watched other variety shows. For me, this is the best cast I've seen with friendship and chemistry. I don't think there will be a comparable one in the next few years, especially since there hasn't been "new" variety stars at all.

• Like 5

This is what I have been afraid of after all hell breaks loose because of the sc*mb*g. He is totally a sc**m who betrays every members, everyone who has been working so hard for 1N2D. He damages, ruins and destroys the reputation of 1N2D I wish he could just go die. As a fan of this show since Season 1, I'm totally devastated! No words could explain my feelings currently, how mad and angry I am at that criminal! Yes, he is a criminal. A sex maniac, a rapist and I'm not suprised if he is also a pedo. I hate him so much! He fools everyone after the incident with his ex-girlfriend. Thinking he was an innocent person in that case makes me hate myself, so blind! To think that Taehyun's children have been on the show with a sex maniac makes me shiver. Luckily I'm not one of the investigators, I don't know what I will do to him. Please don't defend him. We know he is the smartest member, he knows what he is doing, not influenced by anyone and HE ENJOYS DOING IT!! He makes a fool of everyone, laughing behind the cast and fans of this show. He is only using 1N2D to gain more popularity and more girl fans, then use them for his immoral activities. Is he happy now that his crimes have affected everyone and this show greatly? If they cancel it totally, I know there'll no more Korean variety show for me. I'm done with them all.

The episode where they went to Ewha Womans University must be like sitting on a gold mine for him. He told those students about his break up with his girlfriend, acting like someone who is broken hearted & loyal to one only, definitely to lure them to sympathize with him.

This will be the member to be forgotten and erased from everyone's memories forever.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

A mixture of anger and sad...

more to sad...

why why why is this happening...

This is one of the best reality shows there is in the world. And there are a lot of families love this show. Just because of that one person!!!!! 

What about the staff and especially the other members??!!! Not their fault that he’s a sinner. Gosh....

I hate this!!!! :rage:

• Sad 1

2days 1night is my first variety, thanks to the drama The Producers. But it wasn't til the first Cha Siblings trip that I got hooked on the show. He was my bias/fave at first before YSY joined. Not really a fan but became to like him. It just so sad that it becomes to this, to him, more importantly to the show. Just like @mentarisenja, I don't mind a season 4 with 2 or 3 s3 members just like how Season3 started. No to cancellation of the show. I remember they started ng Hangover race is route 1. Actually, I searched it earlier. The full list of full episode from KBS World is in private but some episodes outside of it is still there. And in Hangover race episode, someone said that since there's 51 national highways they have plans as to other route. Ilyong PD says "until you cover all 51 of them, you won't be able to ever leave  2 d 1 n" and the caption "they are contracted for life". I want to hold on to that.  :cry: although there's TRoS that I became a fan just recently, 2d1n is different. I don't want to say goodbye... to the show, to this thread. I registered here on Soompi and was a lurker when I read that KBS YT uploads 2d1n 3 weeks delayed and made me watch it on VIU.

Petition done

• Like 3

On the one hand it is sad not to see our dear members every week, but on the other hand I think it is the best decision.          :cry::thumbsup:

At this moment everything is still on fire and I believe that anything is a motive for speculation. I hope the members are well and are not being supported by the press because as we all know they all enjoyed a unique brotherhood that can lead to misunderstandings, where you see it is the best decision and I support them in this.:sweatingbullets:

I have the certainty that after a prudent time they will return, when everything becomes clearer. At the end of the day all these people, both members and staff, are employed by contract and nothing of what is happening with JJ and has a direct influence towards them.

Maybe it's the end for 2d1nS3 and come back with the 4 season that for me would be the most ideal, not always for a new season they have to change members maybe add some, anyway I will always wait for them and love them all, and I'm here in good and bad, (I think that everyone has their own vision of things and tries to understand according to that).:mellow:

So do not be discouraged as it is only a hiatus and not the cancellation of the program. They also apress how much we love them and I'm sure they want to come back, so for all of us a FIGHTING !!!!!:blush::thumbsup:

Edited by aqua123
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, lyd89 said:

With that said, if they return with a new cast, it's likely that I won't watch it again. I've only watched s3 but also watched other variety shows. For me, this is the best cast I've seen with friendship and chemistry. I don't think there will be a comparable one in the next few years, especially since there hasn't been "new" variety stars at all.

Did you watch s3 from the start? Or watched midway? The cast were all over the place during the early days of s3. They picked up momentum as the season progressed.

If viewers were not willing to watch S3 in the beginning, assuming it won't be as good or at par with the other seasons...season 3 might have ended way earlier

If there ever will be a 1N2D comeback with a new cast, I'll give them a try. For all we now, they could be better and just as fun or even more.

• Like 1

^ the golden era of season 3 was during the beginning.. When Kim Joo Hyuk and PD Crawfish was still there, it all came downhill when both left.

I think the best thing for the show to do now is to take a break and return with Season 4 with new members

This is too sad ... From the very beginning of the scandal, I was most worried about the participants of the show. Only they recovered from the death of a friend, as a new blow ... :bawling:

This is all too unfair !!! And most importantly, the Koreans still shout that the producers did the right thing. And do not even try to sympathize with the participants.

Madden! It would have hit the Korean netizen on the head!:rage:

• Sad 2

12 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

Did you watch s3 from the start? Or watched midway? The cast were all over the place during the early days of s3. They picked up momentum as the season progressed.

If viewers were not willing to watch S3 in the beginning, assuming it won't be as good or at par with the other seasons...season 3 might have ended way earlier

If there ever will be a 1N2D comeback with a new cast, I'll give them a try. For all we now, they could be better and just as fun or even more.

Your post and the post below yours kind of shows the differing opinions on which era of s3 stood out. If people took Joohyuk's time in s3 as the best part, then the show technically revived and died in 2 years. For me, I've watched the episodes since start of s3 though not in real time (weekly following the episodes). I didn't really find any difference in enjoyment from the start to the end, even though what the cast portrayed changed over time. I didn't watch s1 and s2 so I can't comment on the quality of those seasons. My statement is mostly based on what I see from current variety and thus making a speculation on the future for s4.

S3 was mentioned to only have 1 or 2 months planned for broadcast in its initial stages. So, even the pd himself doesn't have confidence that the public will respond well to the new season. There wasn't a good level of popularity to build on from S2 if the opinion was that S3 won't last long. JM himself thought that there wouldn't be a S3. I think we can all agree to a certain extent that Hojin pd brought the program back from the dead at the start of s3. Will we get another person like him for 1n2d? That's hard to say. In a similar vein, it's possible s4 can surpass s3 but I guess it is my bias that in my eyes, this team has achieved much more than any other shows that I have watched.

Another difference between now and the start of S3 is the staffing situation at KBS. Both Hojin and Ilyong pd aren't there anymore. I'm not sure whether Sung pd is willing to do S4 with a new cast. I haven't seen any mention of In Seok pd recently. The other pds in the current team are pretty much almost all new. There's probably one or two ex pds still at KBS, but if you get someone not familiar with 1n2d to direct s4, I'm not sure if it will be a disaster with complaints that s4 lost its tradition etc. 

Then comes the issue of casting. For a new cast in s4, it is highly likely JM and TH won't remain. I don't think other members would be willing to stay on their own, so it's likely the whole s4 team would be all new. But given the current state of variety, when everyone is comfortable doing indoor observational styled shows, who is willing to do outdoors now? It's a tougher casting challenge compared to s3.

To conclude, I'm skeptical of the programme's future if a s4 were to happen. I could be proven wrong though, especially if they go with something game-changing like removing bokbulbok or having female members. There's not even news of a s4 happening so everything is up in the air and talking about s4 for me now is just something similar to theorycrafting. I would be happy if the same team and staff come back eventually but the future is uncertain at this point.

• Like 1

@lyd89 and @mishlee

I think you have misunderstood what I wrote..

I wrote the 'earlier days'..I wrote nothing about Kim Joo Hyuk. I meant during first couple of months s3 started they were not in tune. But as the show progressed their bond between the cast also improved.

I didn't say anything about S3 is not the best. I didn't say any season is the best out of all. All were different. 

My biggest concern is that the other members might have seen the videos or even shared them.

Saying they'll be going on an indefinite hiatus sounds is concerning. Why not  till investigations are completed? Do guys think some other members might be involved? They probably know that their names will come up in the course of further investigations. They also mentioned thoroughly screening the other members. I desperately hope I'm wrong.

• Sad 1