[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

@lyd89 sorry cant agree with you on the part where you said Donggu doesnt have tacit understanding or doesnt click with the members. Before Ilyong comes on board, Donggu had already been on 2 trips under Hojin’s direction, and there was nothing that stood out as bad, even from the first trip. And all the remaining 5 members are really nice ppl no doubt, and they have had many guests who come on only one trip with 1N2D, and was able to have good trip and good eps from it. If they could gel with guests even on one trip itself, can they not gel with a new member after 2 trips and more? I think that notion is kinda absurd. Its just the viewers still in their ‘rejection’ or ‘assimilating’ state, thus forming such opinions. Imo, the idea that there would be vague sense of flow being disrupted is absurd. In fact, it could be just that particular disruption that makes it entertaining. To give an example, in Donggu’s first trip itself, when the members planned out to trick Defconn in the rock, paper, scissor game part, and Donggu deviates without telling anyone.. a scene that many international fans dislike.. in all honesty, it was a truly entertaining twist. Who would have thought Donggu would deviate, causing the members to have mental breakdown in the game, and JongMin finally losing in the end. It was a hilarious twist of just a simple rock, paper, scissor game. I think it is up to the PD to have trust on its members and allow their individual character and personality to shine through all circumstances. It is that sort of ‘reality show’ that is the upcoming trend of today’s variety, imo. In any case, that golden period has passed and opportunity lost. 

Actually Donggu got alot of good reception from K-society. It is in direct opposite of International fans. Probably bcos Donggu is pretty well-known and well-liked by koreans because of his clean and good image, and his impressive return from Marine Corps. Korean men esp are pretty critical about conscription. On the contrary, Donggu is not that well-known amongst the international fans of 1N2D, and there remains some resistance to change post-JooHyuk. I wont deny there are also anti-fans of Donggu in Korea, but they are few and the positive reviews are more than the negative ones. Thats how he won Rookie award in 2016. In fact, every member has anti-fans and received negative reviews occasionally too. No one can please everyone. So long as the positive reviews exceed the negative ones, then i think its overall positive and good. There was no need for the ‘damage control’ you mentioned, if based on korean fans feedback, so i dont think that’s the case.

In fact, Hojin was behind the scene for the rest of 2016. While we dont see him on trips, its understood that he does guide Ilyong in planning trips, as well as editing, since its the transition period. The trips throughout 2016 were pretty decent and good actually despite its upheaval amongst its members. 2016 have the highest average ratings, since the beginning of S3. While Ilyong might have come up with most of the ideas and planning, he likely seek Hojin for his feedback as well as guidance to fine tune them. I’ll say Ilyong only fully controlled from 2017 onwards. And its quite obvious there were hits and misses all throughout trips in 2017 since Ilyong goes on board independently. He has had a pretty smooth 8 months so far in 2017, with members who have great chemistry, but his results so far have been pretty mediocre to be truly honest. Its not bad, but its not brilliantly good either. Its the harsh truth. Its not that im against him, i just think there are plenty of room for improvement in him, and i think improvement begins with acceptance of weaknesses. I hope during this resting time for him, he is able to reflect, research and learn more, so he can come back stronger. He needs to come back strong to win ppl’s heart and approval, esp now that someone else is doing the editting and gaining better feedback than he did previously. His position is quite uncertain since this strike i think. I dont deny he has work hard. Like i said, i am not the kind who strike ppl off without giving multiple chances.. and Ilyong PD does have his good points. I just wish he gets better and is able to win ppl over.. 

• Like 3

I'm sorry but I am not painting donggu in a bad image. Please don't go so defensive for him. I can't reply to your post properly when my personal thoughts are deemed absurd.

I'm not saying donggu still has the same problem that persists even now, if that's how you understand it. I'm just stating that donggu didn't fit in perfectly from the start. You can disagree, sure, but I'm not going to keep going on the issue of different personal interpretation. Again, my personal interpretation of his acceptance speech at the awards, was the feedback was below average, that's why he talked about working harder. If there wasn't a significant issue back then that led to donggu thinking he should be working harder, and it is just part of his thank you speech, then it is just as it is.

To say it again, time is needed for donggu and others in the team to understand each other more (I think we can agree on this at least?). Since you mentioned reception was good, there is no need for damage control.  Then my point does not stand.

"Allowing their individual character and personality to shine through all circumstances" definitely shows trust, but is this really feasible under all cirumstances? What happens when you use this criteria for editing? I don't really have time to go further on this, so if someone else can provide an alternative point of view, please do.

To make things clear, I think Hojin pd is better than Ilyong pd. One reason would be his episodes have greater entertainment value. But I appreciate what Ilyong pd tried to bring into the show (lectures, costume design, lyric writing, short videos, some of these could have been touched on similarly by Hojin pd) and I like the sentimentality that comes with it. Others may not like it and I won't say anything about that.

Hojin pd went into s3 blind, found the winning formula and continued to get high ratings. Ilyong pd could have gone with the same formula but didn't, should we fault him for it? His episodes are not on par with Hojin pd's, but I'll appreciate the good stuff when the bad isn't taking up that much of the episode. There is room for improvement for Ilyong pd, but I can't say I enjoyed fully all of Hojin pd's episodes either. I believe Ilyong pd isn't stagnating at where he is now and wish him luck in achieving his goals through hard work. The comparison will never stop, hope he won't be affected too badly by it.

I'll refrain from replying to this, since these are conflicting views that are hard to resolve. It takes very long for me to write this and I don't really want to dampen the cheer that's in this forum.

• Like 1

watched the episode with subs and i enjoyed it. it still felt weird without the normal staff and directions but it was fun. LTE is very lucky, they got to avoid working and went on a shopping spree lol. 

looking forward to more games next week.

btw, are they filming any new episodes? i havent seen any fan pics circulating. huhu

@lyd89 You’ve misunderstood my point. Im not defending donggu or thinking you’re painting him in a bad image. You seem to believe Ilyong’s methods helps Donggu’s transition and integration with the other 5 members in the beginning, and im telling you it is not. Why?

Because in the first place, Donggu already went on 2 trips with the members and Hojin, before IlYong came on board. If a new guest could gel well with the team previously in just one trip, is there any reason DG cant even after 2 trip? And, im sure they even have group dinner that the whole team goes together, off camera. Doesnt it seem weird if we still believe DG cant get along with the other members after 2 trips together? And everyone knows how nice all the 5 members are, will they ill-treat DG in anyway, their new member, when they can treat other new guests in the past nicely? Definitely not in their nature to do so. Furthermore, DG is a polite and well-mannered guy, so there is just no reason for them to dislike him, or outcast him in any way.

Secondly, even if there is any perceived ‘awkwardness’ amongst the members, and lets just say DG somehow cant keep up with the other 5 in the beginning even after 2 trips, well those moments are in fact entertaining points that could be used if edited well, like how Hojin did during DG’s first trip, and even in the beginning of S3 when the original 6 members come together and were awkward.  

Dont you think, given the points above, the excuse you have, that IlYong’s method of sticking to the concept and being rigid in that way is a good way to smooth DG’s transition period, doesnt make sense? There is no need for transition, because the ‘transition’ already happened when Hojin directed the first 2 trips, and there is no need to smooth any awkwardness, because those awkwardness are great entertaining points by itself. 

Another misperception you seem to hold is that DG didnt get a good reception from the start, and im telling you that is not the case in actuality. Not from knets, which is where the feedback matters most. International fans probably, but their concern with ratings is with korean viewerships only. Why such contrasting opinions? Well, because DG is well-known amongst korean households, and he has all the wholesome image and criterias that all families and elderly likes. But DG is not that known by international fans, so misperception exists. Thats why there is no ‘damage control’ needed in terms of korean viewers, so no excuse for Ilyong not to play up whatever ‘awkwardness’ amongst members. The proof that DG got mostly positive reviews from Koreans since the beginning itself, is the rookie award he got end of 2016. I have also browse through the top comments during those times. Of course i dont mean he dont get any hate at all. There are some minority who posted things like ‘no jam’, and DG being the hardworking passionate person he is, just meant he wants to work harder to overcome any criticism. But he isnt the only one getting such comments, everyone gets such comments too... this doesnt mean the feedback was below average.. it never was. 

the time you think is needed for DG to understand the others more, im telling you he had that time already, in the 2 trips with the other 5 members before ilyong comes on board. That is about 1 month’s time. The perception that DG needed more time is actually the international fans misconception only, because international fans are still getting to know him, and adjusting to the change, with some rejections as usual. Thus, many created such excuses like DG needs more time, DG is still adjusting, etc, etc. Some even ‘sees’ that DG is an outcast amongst the others... well, its true, when one sets their mind on something, they tend to see it... because the eyes focus on confirming what the mind believes..

It seems you wanted to create excuses for ilyong being different from hojin has its benefits.. i can understand your wanting to stand up for him, but to create excuses from misinformation and misinterpretations seems abit too much dont you think? it seems harsh, but im just stating the truth, accepting the truth that ilyong is lacking doesnt mean we want him removed immediately. We can still support him even accepting his weaknesses. No one is perfect after all, and i dont expect him to be. But i wont lie to myself and not accept he has weaknesses. Thats just my philosophy. 

Yes, comparison will never stop, and ilyong is at a disadvantage. When Hojin tookover, S2 was so bad, there was no expectation for S3 at all. So it is much easier for him, cos there was no comparison. But ilyong tookover when S3 is at its peak... when you are at the top, maintaining the spot itself is tough enough, but to go higher is even tougher. There’s lot of expectations he have to meet, and hojin’s spot is definitely a big shoe to fill.. thats why to be fair to him, i always give him chance after chance... he isnt doing too bad a job.. at least he still maintain the standard on average.. but he hasnt move further, and thats where i hope he can comeback stronger. This strike is actually a reprive for him. Without the strike, i dont know how the 10yr anniversary plan could have been. If he used the time properly to review his plan, and come up with a good one, it could win ppl over. But if he still fail that, im afraid the complaint will be very very harsh, duno what will happen then. -_-

@katakwasabi they are not filming yet! :bawling: hope to get good news of filming soon... 

• Like 1

You have already mentioned DG's public perception before and I'm not countering it and taking it as it is, so I don't see a point in bringing it up again. Wasn't it mentioned in the previous reply? It's my mistake to state that DG didn't get good reception and I accepted the correction.

I'm not accusing members of leaving out DG at all, so I'm not sure why do you mention that? Interactions on the show can have effects that aren't optimal and I won't know how much of the members' chatter and interactions are actually shown to us after editing. Some things work and some things don't work as well. From the beginning of the show, it took time for members to establish an identity and work with each other to build on it. They did the same for donggu and it ended well. Let's just say Ilyong pd's contribution in this is just minimal because I really don't know what happens for their editing direction and the rationale behind it.

It can be argued whether including DG's awkwardness would have been better. That can only be confirmed by the reception. The same tropes have different effects in different genres and since 1n2d is kinda unique in this, I'm on the fence about its effects. The timing has passed, as you mentioned, so we would never know what it could have been.

Now for Ilyong pd, he and Hojin pd's styles are different, we can all agree with that. Ilyong pd's has more obvious weaknesses while for Hojin pd's, we can't really find any. I could be standing up for him, but in no way did I misunderstand that the situation is that bad that people want Ilyong pd removed. As you mentioned, he is maintaining the standard on average, but is this average due to the concepts weaknesses and the members' strengths balancing out? It's kind of depressing that only these 2 are mentioned most of the time and we really don't get to know people's views on the production's strengths (maybe there isn't lol, work harder then).

The filming for 10th year anniversary was planned to be during september, which meant preparations were already in place. The strike happened and now we don't know when it will be filmed. The timing in september was likely includes weather as the reason. If it gets too cold, it's really hard to bring out sentiments and waiting for the cold weather to be gone would really take a long time.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lyd89 said:

You have already mentioned DG's public perception before and I'm not countering it and taking it as it is, so I don't see a point in bringing it up again. Wasn't it mentioned in the previous reply? It's my mistake to state that DG didn't get good reception and I accepted the correction.

i know. I was just continuing on the misinterpretion explanation in general. Didnt mean to target you or anything. No offense.

I'm not accusing members of leaving out DG at all, so I'm not sure why do you mention that?

im not refering to you. I meant it generally, as in some of the international fans comments who thinks DG seems like an outcast in the beginning and even til now. 

Interactions on the show can have effects that aren't optimal and I won't know how much of the members' chatter and interactions are actually shown to us after editing. Some things work and some things don't work as well.

those are times that were missed. We dont know if there could have been better or worse interactions. Ilyong’s strict directing on site might have probably caused many limitations on possibilities. One thing for sure is, he got bad feedback (knets) even from the start. It could be a normal resistance to change, or it could be real weakness that he needs to look into. And i believe he has, but still miss the mark sometimes. 

From the beginning of the show, it took time for members to establish an identity and work with each other to build on it.

yes, it takes time, but its not during Ilyong’s time. Hojin had already adressed it in 2 trips i believe. I believe it doesnt take that long a time, because the members are nice ppl. We have no reason to not believe in the members, given how we’ve seen them treat guests who came on 1N2D before, as well as what we know of them. If they can welcome ppl who join 1N2D for just one trip, i think they definitely can do more for a new member who’ll join them longer. We dont have to see it on screen to know they’ll do that. 

They did the same for donggu and it ended well. Let's just say Ilyong pd's contribution in this is just minimal because I really don't know what happens for their editing direction and the rationale behind it.

agree, though imo i dont think he has any contribution in it, Because i dont think there was anything to be done. Haha. Nevertheless, i dont blame him for whatever perceived weakness in 2016. Imo, Hojin was still involved, though we dont know to what degree. Its not fair to blame Ilyong if we dont know whose idea saves or fails which part. Not fair to just blame ilyong for every failure, and praise Hojin for every success, like how knets did. Besides, 2016 was a year with much upheaval in members line up, not because of anyone’s fault in particular. They did their best despite it all, so i’ll say both Ilyong and Hojin did a good job in 2016. 

It can be argued whether including DG's awkwardness would have been better. That can only be confirmed by the reception.

Hmm.. The most awkward moment could only be at the beginning, the first trip, and Hojin had already covered that part with his typical style to great success. Feedback on the first trip was awesome by knets. Can subsequent trips get any more awkward than the first? In fact, the second trip was also covered by Hojin. And the 3rd trip wasnt even just amongst the members, it was at Ehwa Uni, with students. Nothing can get more awkward i think. If reception to those 3 trips were good, i think thats as good as confirmed.

The same tropes have different effects in different genres and since 1n2d is kinda unique in this, I'm on the fence about its effects. The timing has passed, as you mentioned, so we would never know what it could have been. Yup. Members have great chemistry now, and i think thats whats important moving forward.

Now for Ilyong pd, he and Hojin pd's styles are different, we can all agree with that. Ilyong pd's has more obvious weaknesses while for Hojin pd's, we can't really find any. I could be standing up for him, but in no way did I misunderstand that the situation is that bad that people want Ilyong pd removed. As you mentioned, he is maintaining the standard on average, but is this average due to the concepts weaknesses and the members' strengths balancing out? It's kind of depressing that only these 2 are mentioned most of the time and we really don't get to know people's views on the production's strengths (maybe there isn't lol, work harder then).

Im not implying you misunderstood that the situation is bad. I only meant we could be honest of our feelings and opinions in this forum for discussion purposes. I sometimes wonder if all failures could be blamed on Ilyong. I dont think its fair really. There are many ppl involved in a production this big, and there are writers and PDs, etc. So whose idea is which, we cant really tell. There has also been many changes in writers and PDs. But whatever it is, i think as a main PD, ilyong’s leadership is important to keep 1N2D going smoothly. I think he does have leadership skills to some extent, but its also lacking in some sense because it seems he sometimes doesnt know when to be strict, and when to relent, when to be flexible, and when to be firm. Maybe all the negative feedback gets to him and he becomes too insecure to make a firm decision. I dont think overall concept is weak. I actually think all concepts have been pretty good as a whole.. just some minor parts in the trips thats lacking, like the coherency of games and activities to the overall concept. Because its hard to judge without knowing the full details, i think its better to just focus on what works in a trip, and what doesnt. That i think is a better feedback than just requesting for change in PD, or blindly agreeing that everything is good. At least then, they’ll know what to work on to improve and be better. But too bad we’re not Koreans, and koreans are harsh in their criticisms. :huh:

The filming for 10th year anniversary was planned to be during september, which meant preparations were already in place. The strike happened and now we don't know when it will be filmed. The timing in september was likely includes weather as the reason. If it gets too cold, it's really hard to bring out sentiments and waiting for the cold weather to be gone would really take a long time.

thats why i hope he review his original plan and see if it needs changes and be flexible on change. Hopefully he consult ppl who can give him good guidance, like Hojin. I can only hope he do a good one, though i do feel worried that whatever he do might still get attacked. Prejudice is really hard to break. If knets have a fixed mind that whatever he do is no good, then there’s little much he could do to change their perception. 

• Like 2

if never watch old epi this show please dont talk this show having crisis with only visit elderly  village ... doing farm works etc... 1n2d usully basecamp at villlage and meet old people there and who lose games in end will help them with their farming works or go sea  

they already doing  since s1 ... when they visit village got good response from viewers ...

https://i.imgur.com/jUWdjyG.png

Two days and one night 20071104

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gqav2BluBA

• Like 4

@kjmcth Why would that poster reply to an SBS account? ahahaha.  Or was he/she being sarcastic with that "puppies rainbows" comment? Agree with you that going to rural villages and visiting the elders is a 1n2d trademark, which isn't being done by other shows. And documentary? I'll take that as a compliment especially when you refer to the 4th part of Harbin special.:D

Also, let's chill on the speculations and overanalyzing. It's not doing anyone any favor. Let's just enjoy and hope for the best.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sujin-a said:

@kjmcth Why would that poster reply to an SBS account? ahahaha.  Or was he/she being sarcastic with that "puppies rainbows" comment? Agree with you that going to rural villages and visiting the elders is a 1n2d trademark, which isn't being done by other shows. And documentary? I'll take that as a compliment especially when you refer to the 4th part of Harbin special.:D

Also, let's chill on the speculations and overanalyzing. It's not doing anyone any favor. Let's just enjoy and hope for the best.

it's my first comment here, and i never knew i would read an essay too in here  :). Thanks @Sujin-a your last sentence is jjang. I'm tired with all the speculation, lets just wait and lets hope the best for our fave show. 

• Like 2

@Sujin-a we already chill when you add that sentence for no reason.

@ferika if you dont want to read an essay, you dont have to. Besides, none of it was targetting you. This is a forum for discussion, for ppl who want to come here and share their thoughts for discussion and speculation. Just like those in the drama threads or shipper threads. And if ppl want to read others’ opinion, they can come to the forum. If you dont want to read, why are you here? If no one shares in the forum, then the thread will die off quietly. What is the purpose of a forum then?

seriously, stupid comment that just irritates ppl. Sorry to others for the rant, im just having a bad mood day.

It's been a while since my last visit and had so much to read.. I got tired and just to comment. Didn't know there's so many concerns from others. Analysis and alike! But this uncertainty of 2D1N saddens me.

Feeling bad cause I haven't watched the current episode. The account user on YouTube that I follow suddenly disappeared. huhuh... :'( 

Then I read a comment about YSY being on 2D1N for 2yrs made me all disturbed! Oh yeah, I remember that! I hope he'll extend! 

Just like @Sujin-a said, just chill everyone!! :-)

• Like 1

NEWS released but not mention country they go today...

Spoiler

1 post dc1n2d say they go Kazakhstan   / canada  (same 1 post on ig say go canada ) .. not official 

team 1n2d go abroad  today for 10th anniversary .. they can't hold anymore where they  preparing a special 10th anniversary since the beginning of this year.... ..will be broadcast from October to November

1507881855.jpg

p/s when go abroad = they already started plan  with  visa member and all staff  .... 

fanpic -- donggu-junho defconn seem like 1 team 

kjm-cth=jjy 

• Like 1

1N2D usually only in Korea, but this trip they go overseas. I stalked on 1N2D naver chat, one YSY fan mentioned she saw on his fan cafe that this trip is for 10yr anniversary. Supposedly its mentioned in the fan cafe abt location, but she cant disclose info.

edit: naver article on the 10yr anniversary shoot

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=213&aid=0000993144

Strike is still going on though, but bcos the 10yr special was planned earlier on, and they cant delay longer, so they go on with the shoot. Whoever is leading the shoot, im just grateful! duno if ilyong is there cos dint see any pic?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow.....I was away for quite some time because I was too scared to find any bad news about the show. But turned out there are long posts from the fans :D:D

Well, good to know this forum is still very much alive, however lets keep the agree to disagree attitude that I love so much in this forum ✌

With the new trip on shoot, we can let out long breath of relieve that the show still goes on.

No Ilyong PD to decorate the screen seems too sad, I've been a fan of his since....can't even remember when. He's quite good looking when he's quiet. But when he starts talking, he has the dorky aura as his golden halo. So cute *hearts*

I just hope the strike, whatever the reasons are, will end in good terms and all will be well in 1n2d varietyland. I just can't without the icon of badluck, a pair of tom and jerry, a weird actor and an even weirder musician and the worrier. And the adorkable pd. 

Lets hope for the best for them.

• Like 3

Think part of the reason is the overseas visa expiry since it is taking place overseas.

Not really sure how many of the staff were part of the 1n2d team originally, but sincerely hope that this anniversary would be a great memory for viewers.

Edit: a great memory for the staff and members too.

• Like 1