[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

For me i love this episode except this episode doesnt have interaction between staff and member and a bit flat but i dont care.I wait for this episode and somehow my favourite show IY appeared.I missed the show.I miss the saturday G7 variety.IY used to be the a bit of 2 days 1 night female version at coutryside and it was a rare show to have female variety just like unnies slamdunk(also part of 2 days 1nigt).I love all these show including"qualification of men".However IY cancel due to rating and Runningman start to get big recognition.

I miss this show.

watch IY s1 and you probably will get the same warm like 2 days 1 night but in female version.

• Like 1

the latest ep was enjoyable and had lots of lol moments. shiyoung is doing great as the mc. haha. the editing seems like normal but it does feel weird not hearing and seeing any of the staff members. was this ep filmed after the strike with a new staff team?

i watched invicible youth too. they stayed at one village and did work there. that's why they are close with the villagers. and if i recall correctly even the members are close. but only 3 of the guests are from IY, i dont know the relation of the other 3 guests. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

i watched the clips for the latest 1n2ds episode. i'm not much of a fan of the new editing style. it doesnt feel like i'm watching 1n2ds. huhuhu

I actually dont notice much about editing style. Mind to elaborate?

I also just completed watching today’s ep raw. Honestly, its kinda boring, esp the parts where they were just working. Even the part in the beginning when they performed in front of the villagers wasnt that funny. It looked really awkward, and a badly put on performance, cos it was pretty last minute... Junho’s performance was probably the most funniest of the lot. Maybe the style was just to entertain the elders, so its not the style im used to..  i did notice the editing tried hard to focus on funny parts, which were actually few and far between.. Half the members were just enjoying themselves pointlessly, and the other half worked hard helping out in the farms. And the members who worked were with their respective partners.. so the 1N2D members’ chemistry was lost, and its mostly about the girl guests... 

i actually dont really blame the editing. I think the editing just had to worked with whatever was filmed, so i’d blame the production team for a badly planned trip instead. Trip overall feels abit messy and without a coherent plan... although i understand IY is about working in farms, and 1N2D is more of its bok-bul-bok, ie. whoever gets chosen, but i still feel a trip needs some coherency. Some comments were saying they shouldve fast forward all those boring work parts, but i also understand why KBS kept those boring parts... so that they can extend another week of broadcast. Since there is no new trip, and this is the last trip recorded, they had to extend it as long as they can, given the uncertainty of the strike issue. The farm work doesnt seem to be too hard, and its only for a short time, not even the whole day... probably just a few hours... so it doesnt make much of an impact to leave a heartwarming feel like IY probably, or the country work eps in 1N2D previously...

Earlier i read some comments on Naver about last week ep, and many comments actually preferred the new editing and would rather this being continued post-strike. Many of the knets seems to dislike IlYongPD alot... i am sitting on the fence about this. I think IlYong did keep alot of 1N2D since he has been with 1N2D for a long time, and he seems to like re-using games used in older variety shows. When he did try to come up with something new, its more often than not kinda childish and incoherent... he has hits and misses, overall, i would say. Some of his trip ideas seems brilliant on the whole, but in between, we do get some weird rule or game or something wrong. Like the weird Food Goblin that seems misplaced overmuch, the weird 4D movie that served no purpose other than to torture the members and isnt even a game of chance, the weird deserted island in the monopoly board that delay time for no reason.... 

many knets are calling for HoJin PD to return in fact... and i do notice his trips has more coherency than IlYong’s. Some eg. In Donggu’s intro trip, the games they played centered on Donggu’s strength and weaknesses, which is a good intro abt the new member for the existing team members, production team as well as the viewers to explore. In quit smoking trip, the games they played centered around making the members forget the urge to smoke, at the same time make them healthy by exerting more physical activities. 

Not that i want to pinpoint every little thing, Im just critically analysing.. doesnt mean i dont support 1N2D. I love all the members and wish nothing but for 1N2D to continue being successful and be even better than ever...  so its just a healthy discussion. 

• Like 1

Hi guys.

I'm a fan of 2d1n. I'm not sure if I have ever posted on this thread. I think I did but it was years ago. I have been re-watching the old episodes of season 3 ever since they started the strike. Now I'm still worried thinking of when the strike will stop so that they can start filming again. I'm worried if this case can cause downfall of 2d1n (HOPEFULLY NO) :fearful: . Season 3 is the best of 2d1n because who ever thought they could survive until now. It's all due to the hard work of the members, PD and staffs. I just watched Happy Together episode with 2d1n members. Even Jongmin said they didn't think it actually will work and Cha Tae Hyun told initially they were contracted for 6 months only.

The last few episodes were good and funny, so I was anticipating for the upcoming episodes. I was a bit disappointed to find out that the filming was cancelled due to the strike. Someone please reassure me that KBS won't even cancel and destroy this show right? 2d1n is like the representative show of KBS, just like how important Running man is to SBS. Am I right? Honestly I couldn't stop thinking and feeling worried about them. I love all about this show. I even started to like Yu Ilyong PD, he is quite friendly with the members. :bawling: 

• Like 3

Having watched both Ilyong and Hojin pd's episodes, I would say that the two of them had different directions in directing their trips. So far, I still liked both of them. I've never put much trust in internet comments, since they do not accurately represent the whole viewership, so I take negative comments as just one side of the coin.

Someone commented online that it was possible that part of the team had gone on strike during filming, given that we saw no images of the main pd or writer. I would say that we should not take this as a standard bad episode and treat it as one that we got as a buffer in the midst of all the turmoil.

Sidetracking a bit, since I don't know where to put this paragraph. I've seen people tracking online the writers' team through the ending credits and I can see that for the past year the changes hasn't been limited to 1 or 2. The same situation may have applied to the pd team too. Not really sure what's happening behind the scenes, but it could be an indication that the talent pool in this area is declining across the stations. I don't really find much of the shows appealing nowadays. I watched talk shows, but that's subjective, while the rest don't really hit the mark. Hopefully, Ilyong pd can guide the long time staff well so that we can get better episodes in the future (and really less staff changes for whatever reason other than personal). Back to the point.

As Hojin pd mentioned before, Ilyong pd sticks to the concept more, which makes the hit and miss more obvious for his trips. Even if the concept isn't as good, I watched the show for the interactions between people and that has always been consistent in episodes. Hojin pd tends to let the members' chemistry carry the flow of the events, since in the beginning, they were new, while as time went on, members have established chemistry. Ilyong pd's situation is different, since his arrival was at a time not long after joohyuk left and donggu joined, there is a gap between donggu and the rest. Letting members carry the flow would make the disparity in chemistry look more obvious, so being more concept driven helps with alleviating that problem. Hojin pd could have appointed Ilyong pd to succeed him because of this too. Comparing is ok, but seeing how some people online just bashing the pd for his incompetence or whatever when the style is different really leaves a bad taste (it's not as if his episodes are that bad). This is just my opinion though.

Watched the raw, though I can't understand Korean at all, I found it enjoyable. I don't dislike guest episodes, unlike a lot of netizens, since I find members show something new to them when they come. I haven't found any of the s3 guests to be annoying or disliked them. The guests have interesting personalities that worked in the show. Plus the fact that it is unexpected for me who the show will cast as guests. Any self promotion is just settled with one sentence and the show moves on to member and guest interactions. For this episode, we have people who sometimes appeared in variety and people that we haven't really seen on shows recently, yet they still worked well together  and I think that is due to the reason of 1n2d treating anyone who comes as part of the family and still keeping that bond after filming. (remember each member) Of course, it would be regrettable that there may be some people who didn't enjoy it and we can't change that. But I think we can all agree that the show hasn't gotten to a point where it is just plain atrocious.

I watch the show with a light heart, though it could be different for others. I hope that at least anyone who watched it has at least gotten some enjoyment from viewing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@ixora6 no one knows when the strike will end. Anyway, now they are still on long holiday Chuseok week... probably til Tuesday or Wednesday this week? Not sure... hoping they will reach a conclusion this week or early next week. We will of course get another ep next Sunday, which should be the last ep for this IY trip. If they dont do any filming asap, they will have nothing to broadcast after next Sunday...

I doubt KBS will cancel 1N2D yet... it has good ratings in its timeslot on Sunday, always ranking #1 so far... it’ll be stupid to remove the show at its peak when most of its Chuseok pilots are under criticism for plagiarism. They’ll have nothing to show if they cancel 1N2D. However, KBS does seem to have a lack of creativity in its current PDs now... with the strike, i dont know if KBS is losing more talented PDs or not...

I cant say for IlYong PD’s spot though.. there are many comments online wanting the removal of IlYong PD, esp after the top execs takeovr the editing. Knets really dislike IlYong PD alot. :unsure: To the extent they even prefer the current editing style... totally at odds with many international fans opinion. IlYong PD suddenly leaving his spot due to the strike is creating trouble in the company, though not entirely his fault i know. But for an organisation, after going through such crisis, wont they plan a future business continuity plan? I think all organisation would, and they’ll likely reflect that its not good to have all PDs of a program being part of the union, because when the union goes on strike, the program is left dry... and with so many bad comments about IlYong PD during this break... the future just doesnt seem so good for him... 

watching this week’s ep, im also worried over Junho’s health. He may seem like he’s skiving off work, but we know he mentioned before that he hurt his waist, and he is in pain. I’ve seen him on I Live Alone ep, and he was really hurting. Having to do all those tough work, even ran a marathon... i dont know if he can withstand more hard work. I just hope he dont suddenly decide to stop 1N2D because of his health... although, he really does love 1N2D alot. So hopefully not! -_-

• Like 2

anniong chingus!!!!!! B)

I will only say that I need the voice of command of Il yong PD-ñim !!!!:unsure::bawling:

the truth the raw is a little boring, I would have loved that instead of being a couple vs, between the two programs, I think it would have been cooler<_<:wink: the edition itself was boring, lacked that spark and creativity

mmm well I would not say bored, I always complain when they say that, LOL but it would have been BETTER !!!!:wub:

KBS is having problems with its new plagiarism programs, LOL hopefully this will prompt KBS senior officials and officials to listen to the strikers, stop the strike and return to key programs so they do not sink.

runningman returned to position itself as number 1, I think KBS loses more with this strike-_-

I do not want to say this but the longer the strike lasts we will have less episodes with Donggu, do not forget that he is for 2 years, we do not know if he will renew his contract again, it is what most worries me and saddens:o:bawling:

I miss a lot of PD dhaaaaan !!!

e24ade2d22cdf9c661e3f5a49fa0dda0.gif

• Like 2

@lyd89 quote: Hojin pd tends to let the members' chemistry carry the flow of the events, since in the beginning, they were new, while as time went on, members have established chemistry.

this part is probably the difference that Ilyong lacks. I seem to rmbr Hojin gave some interviews awhile back, and he mentioned he takes 1N2D like a scientific exploration of human nature or something. Ilyong should really learn this part from him and allow things to flow...

It actually shouldnt matter whether Donggu joined or not. In fact, Donggu’s first and second trip was with Hojin PD, and even then i honestly dont see that much glaring awkwardness. Whatever ‘awkwardness’ are actually the funny points maybe, so it doesnt feel hard to watch. Even S3 in the beginning with Hojin, the members were also new and awkward, but it all became laughing points! Those human reactions are what sells! If awkwardness is to be avoided because they are failures, then Hyori’s B&B would fail! The whole program reeks of awkwardness, IU and Hyori and her husband, and those 3 with the guests... guests with guests themselves... but on the contrary, Hyori’s B&B was a huge success! Why? Because thos awkwardness are turned into funny points, and viewers are allowed to see the growth in relationships amongst ppl who were once awkward. If it is as you said, Ilyong’s methods circumvented around the awkwardness amongst the members, then he might have actually missed some of probably the best parts that could have been, as well as the growth between the members! What a waste! 

P/s: Hojin did not appoint ilyong. True to Hojin’s nature, he allowed the members to choose the PD they are more comfortable with. Of course, he thought that was for temporary, but KBS blindsided everyone with Hojin’s sudden ‘promotion’ and subsequent removal. There’s no saying the same couldnt be done again for Ilyong... not that i wish it.. im just saying we dont know what KBS could plan... 

@rosa123 huh? When did running man return to position themselves as #1? Haha. KBS Happy Sunday is still leading, and last week’s running man was the most criticised one on Naver. All Knets are bashing on its PD. Their rating dropped soon as KBS Happy Sunday goes back on broadcast last week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@blackberrypie haha. maybe i should have been more specific about the editing style. i'm not saying the episode was not enjoyable (need to watch with subs first), i'm just used to seeing the staff members together in frame and hear their voices. the latest 2 episode had very minimal or none staff-members interaction. i've been watching since season one. i've braved through the pd changes, i was also watching when the last strike happened. i could not recall any of the previous episodes where the staff where nearly completely edited out (it has been a long time though :tongue:). i think one of 1n2ds charm is the banter and teamwork between the staff and members. so the latest 2 episodes seems awkward to me. its just how i feel and if this is 1n2ds direction, it may take some time for me to get used to.

i dont mind guests. guests now and then could be benificial to the show as they bring another dynamic to the members.

@rosa123 as for donggu. i like him. i feel he was a nice addition and balances the team eventhough sometimes he blends in the background. i hope he stays. but if he doesnt renew his contract imo its understandable. he could take the high road like joowon and juhyuk and focus on acting. not all can be like cha tae hyun, who excels in acting, singing and variety shows. i cant deny i've read the good and bad comments about ysy. i believe he has tried his best in 1n2ds to fit in and contribute to the show. but if he decides to leave, i'll support him nontheless. just comeback to dramaland soon!! 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

@ rosa123  ¿eh? ¿Cuándo el hombre corriente volvió a colocarse como # 1? Jaja. KBS Happy Sunday sigue liderando, y el corredor de la semana pasada fue el más criticado en Naver. Todos los Knets están golpeando en su PD. Su clasificación cayó pronto como KBS Happy Sunday vuelve a transmitir la semana pasada. 

-_- good lei last week with the headline "running man returns to be number 1" in soompi spanish, I think it was misleading, LOL<_<:tongue::D

but it had an 11% rating that is climbing a lot, but we all know it's because of the strike.:huh:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/10/02/running-man-continues-increase-viewership-ratings-latest-episode/

law that's why the strike on KBS ended (?) that's true:blink::o:D

2 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

@rosa123 as for donggu. i like him. i feel he was a nice addition and balances the team eventhough sometimes he blends in the background. i hope he stays. but if he doesnt renew his contract imo its understandable. he could take the high road like joowon and juhyuk and focus on acting. not all can be like cha tae hyun, who excels in acting, singing and variety shows. i cant deny i've read the good and bad comments about ysy. i believe he has tried his best in 1n2ds to fit in and contribute to the show. but if he decides to leave, i'll support him nontheless. just comeback to dramaland soon!! 

oh, I can say that Donggu is a good fit in the show. You cannot please everyone anyway. He did a drama with CTH earlier, so he can always do another drama again while doing 1N2D. Cheers chingus!

As for the other comments, let's just be positive that 1N2D will stay stronger more than ever, despite the strike....the show is always a "menace" to other shows. So we say "Fighting'!!!!

• Like 3

I love 1 Night 2 Days you know? I even do recaps for them and had been doing so for more than a year.

But I have to say that I hate the KBS management. My god, they are useless. It's like they have no idea of the word called 'planning' or even management.

1. Why are they overworking their staff to the point that Yoo HoJin and colleagues have to stuff their terrible health records in their faces before letting them take a rest?

2. Why'd they suddenly change the main PD without any foreword??? Some companies, organisations and even teams do succession planning years in advance and this just looked like the head of KBS decided the switch while he was taking a crap.

3. Why all the staff changes??

4. What were they doing that the KBS journalists felt the oppression so bad that they had to strike for the sake of their professional integrity? It's not even just because they don't like their pay. It's because they feel they can't do the work they're supposed to do! 

5. I get that KBS is a public station and so the president's administration will have a say in it. Tamper or dull the criticisms all you want, but don't oppress your journalists from stating the truth, even if you madate that they do in a less harshful way. The core of a democratic society like in Korea is the free availability of correct information for the layman to make his decisions. And the KBS journalists swore to that.

The KBS president should step down, though yes, of course, the next one could be just as bad. But when the current one's already proved to have something wrong with his values, why not try someone else. Maybe Moon JaeIn could prove better. He's already coming off as better than Park GeunHye - adopting a mutt, encouraging holidays... etc.

I dunno. I just want my boys back. But I want the production that were like family to be back too. I need the 1N2D family intact. But not at the cost of truth.

• Like 3

@rosa123 http://m.entertain.naver.com/tvBrand/674981/broadcastInfo/ratingCard 

if you look at the rating for running man, i think it says for itself. It went from 8.7%, to 8.3% to 7.9% latest ep. i duno where you get 11% haha. Anyway, im not bashing on running man. It has its fun moments.

as for whether Donggu will stay after 2 yrs, i duno. But one thing for sure is, Donggu’s actor career aspirations differ from Joo Hyuk and Joo Won. (Wow... i just noticed both have ‘Joo’ in their names! :lol:) Donggu mentioned in an interview that he wants to continue playing wholesome roles that are positive and suitable for all families. It seems his aspirations has lots of similarities to CTH. Whereas JooHyuk and JooWon plays different kind of roles. JooHyuk focuses on films more, and some roles are dark and mysterious.. having a comedic variety character is at odds with the roles he intends to play in movies, so thats probably why he is more concern about image. On the contrary, its not so much contrast for CTH and YSY to some extent. If you notice, YSY actually never mention much about image on 1N2D. He never really minded if ppl make fun of him, donning anything that makes him look ugly, even from his first trip when the members tried to dress him funnily, or when he put on stockings on his head, or lately, dressing in a mini skirt and going around Seoul in subway! Its more often Junho or the other members who mentioned about his image (like when he goes for a poop, and Junho jokingly pokes at his actor image). To that end, i think its not so much of a hindrance for him, and he has been doing well and receiving much love on 1N2D so far from Knets, so its probably less likely he will up and leave 1N2D. Though, thats just my analysis... hahaha. We will just have to wait and see what he really decides when the time comes.

@xxPeepsxx

In response to your qs, here are my thoughts:

1. I dont know if they forced the staff to overwork, or its just the staff’s own dedication. Haha. It seems more like the staff’s dedication, esp in Hojin’s case. He does have a team of PDs at his disposal, so if he dabbles so much that it takes up too much of his personal time and rest, its his own choice and his own sense of responsibility that made him go so far... maybe he is a perfectionist and prefers to look at everything on his own.

2. This is one tricky thing. Ive read some theory that maybe the Harbin special received some complaints from China or something, and they were the ones who requested the removal of Hojin PD. And KBS had no choice but to follow their requests because of relations or something. (?) i think China were offended to some extent about its portrayal in the eps, like the Chinese food stuff or something. Or that could just be nonsense theory, and Hojin was really just promoted by KBS, and moved on for his own career progression. 

3. I think staff rotation is a way of organisation training for existing staff. Its good to have the staff move around and get more exposures and experiences, so maybe that was their intention all along. So the staff can grow and expand their skills, not just limited to one program

4. & 5. The strike has no relation to whether the staff are overworked or not i think. Read more about the strike in this article linked: http://seoulbeats.com/2017/09/mbc-kbs-media-strike-once-more-with-feeling/ 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The 11 percent for RM is the highest 1-minute rating, which is towards the end of the episode, Just like 1n2d which has gotten many 20%+ 1-minute highlights, but rarely gets reported ahaha. 

I typed very lengthy responses to many posts, but I got tired ahaha. Anyway, let's just hope for the best. I've done a lot of research already about SK and SK entertainment industry, and I can write a book about it, but hey I'm here to enjoy my fave show. This will be resolved soon. Have faith chinggus!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, blackberrypie said:

@xxPeepsxx

In response to your qs, here are my thoughts:

1. I dont know if they forced the staff to overwork, or its just the staff’s own dedication. Haha. It seems more like the staff’s dedication, esp in Hojin’s case. He does have a team of PDs at his disposal, so if he dabbles so much that it takes up too much of his personal time and rest, its his own choice and his own sense of responsibility that made him go so far... maybe he is a perfectionist and prefers to look at everything on his own.

2. This is one tricky thing. Ive read some theory that maybe the Harbin special received some complaints from China or something, and they were the ones who requested the removal of Hojin PD. And KBS had no choice but to follow their requests because of relations or something. (?) i think China were offended to some extent about its portrayal in the eps, like the Chinese food stuff or something. Or that could just be nonsense theory, and Hojin was really just promoted by KBS, and moved on for his own career progression. 

3. I think staff rotation is a way of organisation training for existing staff. Its good to have the staff move around and get more exposures and experiences, so maybe that was their intention all along. So the staff can grow and expand their skills, not just limited to one program

4. & 5. The strike has no relation to whether the staff are overworked or not i think. Read more about the strike in this article linked: http://seoulbeats.com/2017/09/mbc-kbs-media-strike-once-more-with-feeling/ 

1. If it were just his perfectionism and extreme sense of responsibility at play, there is no reason why a bunch of staff and himself had to pull their health reports for the management to get their break. You wouldn't even see him get his break, there'd just be news that he collapsed.

2. I don't believe the theories. But even if it  is true, it speaks to KBS's management's inability to handle criticism and unfair demands. If it's really KBS's idea to promote him like that, again, it's KBS' management's totally stupid management at play. Where is the succession planning??????

3. Staff rotation is good, but not at the extent of possibly destabalising a current programme. There should be a good ratio of experienced and new, not simply sending a whole bunch somewhere and replacing them with another bunch who are probably clueless how 1N2D is run.

4&5.: If you read my comments, you'd see that I agree that the strike is not about the staff being overworked or not. It's about keeping correct information free for the people of democratic South Korea. And I understand why it's going on.

• Like 1

@xxPeepsxx 

1. In all honesty, given the continuity of 1N2D weekly eps, there’s probably little chances for him to take a long break. He does seems to be a bit of a perfectionist and tend to work himself to exhaustion out of sense of responsibility. Its probably a common work culture in Asian societies like Korea as well. Lee Se Young in her interview also mentioned she was concerned for Hojin PD during the drama filming, because he seems to be getting more and more tired. I think he does tend to overpush himself, something that is applaudable as well as worrying. 

2. I wont deny KBS should have handled the situation better.. we will never really know what really happened then.. if its truly china influence, it is also understandable that KBS bowed to their requests. KBS is the national broadcaster, and China relations are too important to sever for S.K. , both politically as well as profitability reasons. As for succession planning, they did relent enough to have Hojin being behind the helm indirectly for the rest of 2016. Hojin only truly moved on at the end of 2016, and to a KBS subsidiary company, so he is technically still in the entire organisation. 

3. Cant comment much about this bcos i dont know how they do their rotation, whether its really the whole bunch or whatever. Will we ever know? Haha.

4. & 5. Well, if you know, then i think its also obvious this strike will not bring about the change they intended, perhaps even never, unless the govt step in. Esp not with just the resignation of the current CEO. This is a long fight and i dont know where the Unions draw the line on what is acceptable for the time being. If they will only relent with the resignation of CEO, then i dont know if they are getting their priorities right though..

maybe i just believe in everyone deserves multiple chances, so thats why i cant even condemn the CEO. Its like how i can get dissappointed with IlYong multiple times, but i still dont fully wish for his removal, believing he can somehow find his balance someday.. hopefully soon. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, xxPeepsxx said:

1. If it were just his perfectionism and extreme sense of responsibility at play, there is no reason why a bunch of staff and himself had to pull their health reports for the management to get their break. You wouldn't even see him get his break, there'd just be news that he collapsed.

2. I don't believe the theories. But even if it  is true, it speaks to KBS's management's inability to handle criticism and unfair demands. If it's really KBS's idea to promote him like that, again, it's KBS' management's totally stupid management at play. Where is the succession planning??????

3. Staff rotation is good, but not at the extent of possibly destabalising a current programme. There should be a good ratio of experienced and new, not simply sending a whole bunch somewhere and replacing them with another bunch who are probably clueless how 1N2D is run.

4&5.: If you read my comments, you'd see that I agree that the strike is not about the staff being overworked or not. It's about keeping correct information free for the people of democratic South Korea. And I understand why it's going on.

Overworking is a South Korean (and many OECD nations) thing. Pres. Moon Jae-in already started his advocacy for mandatory vacations, but it will take a long time before South Koreans will "absorb" that especially that unemployment is a big issue in SK. I mentioned in my post a week ago that there are many younger staff members who wouldn' t risk losing their jobs so I doubt they are members of any labor unions. 

Re staff rotation, they don't rotate the entire staff at one go. The junior PDs and writers are the ones usually rotated first. The main PDs and the main writers are the last one to be rotated (except in the cases of Na PD, Bird PD, and Hojin). That's why the main writer of the first year of season 3 is back because she's more familiar with the program. I don't think they have assigned someone least experienced at the helm. Hojin and even Ilyong had to be in charge of other programs, before they return to 1n2d. It will not be surprising if In Seok PD (Sister Slam Dunk) will be in charge in the next  three to five years. :D

@blackberrypie

Sorry for not elaborating on that point. I don't want to speculate on circumstances around Hojin pd's departure. What I meant about choosing Ilyong pd was that he was the most viable one out of the 4 candidates, which resulted in all the 5 members voting for him at the time. Inseok pd was on another program, one just left the show not long ago and our maknae pd put taehyun and defconn through a bad time (indirectly for our entertainment). Pretty much the only choice was Ilyong pd for the vote. I would say Hojin pd intended the result to be so since he likely doesn't have anyone else in mind at that time.

I wasn't really referring to the 'awkwardness', since that can happen to both guests and cast members and the show has worked with it for so long. The difference for donggu is that he had a different starting point from the rest of the members and he has to play 'catch up' as he's going to be appearing week after week. He doesn't have the tacit understanding with the members that they had built previously. When he doesn't click with the members, there would be a vague sense of the flow being disrupted.

Agree that "awkward' is entertaining. Didn't really watch hyori b&b since the slow pace didn't really suit me and it is possible that 1n2d could have played on the 'awkwardness' more. But I have a feeling that not doing so was a form of damage control. Donggu didn't get a good reception from the start and it took a long time for the negative opinions to die down (though they still exist). Playing on this 'awkwardness' is just going to feed the flames that donggu didn't fit the show. As a pd, the images of the members are in your hands. Ilyong pd likely took on the job to ensure donggu had a smoother transition by circumventing this 'awkwardness'.

An additional point, not addressing anyone, Ilyong pd has been the main pd for 16 months, but he has only worked with all the 6 members for only a year (since joonyoung left in the middle), not including episodes that act as transition for the members. Hojin pd's term was like an experiment for him, while Ilyong pd's term was pretty much filled with crisis management (with some of the circumstances unforeseen and out of his control). It is fortunate that his own transition period overlap with donggu's, else the actual amount of time that the whole team worked as a whole properly is really minimal. Would like to point out that he also has children back home, maintaining a work-life balance is very harsh for him. Read snippets on his interviews for the ten year anniversary and really think that he has worked really hard for the team, even if results are not great with all these unforeseen events. And well, now there's the strike. Hopefully, he can really rest during Chuseok.