[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

As for the new member, if ever they're going to find one? I have the best candidate in mind. Yoo PD as the 6th member? Why not? PD-member-nim! Wooh! 1n2ds3 Fighting! KJH our Gutaeng, goodluck!

Actually, he fits well in that position and so 3G will continue to exist in 1n2d. He got cramp in his leg too while he lost to Defconn in thigh wrestling... LOL!!! ... But realistically, it won't be possible. I just hope that whoever the replacement would be able to blend well with the remaining cast. :P

@asti_g_mei, @beyaruth...Bwahahaha...if only it can happen (but we can still wishful thinking and be happy with out thots and dream)! :D:P

@beyaruth, Yoo PD not only have cramps but he also stand in for KJH in the elephant spin.:lol::wub: And much thanks for your hardwork and update on Yoo PD gifs on page 175. Anyeong YOO Team, go and see beyaruth's updated post. :wub:

Edited by simplesim
  • Like 7

Guest kayefaye

Does anyone know about the news on Junho today? It's trending on Naver and I think it's not good... It's hard to find any English translations of articles about him.
http://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=311&aid=0000547525 
http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=103&oid=396&aid=0000359860

If I understand correctly, Dispatch released documents showing that Junho is responsible for the bankruptcy of his company (aside from his partner's embezzlement). You may recall that earlier this year, some CoKo Ent shareholders accused Junho of filing for bankruptcy without their consent so that he could create a new company with Kim Dae-hee called JD Bros. (You can read about it here.) There were even calls back then from some netizens for him to step down from 1N2D alleging that he faked his reactions in the hypnosis scene (Korean Cuisine & 3 Meals episode) and that he's just making himself out to be the victim when he's guilty too. The Dispatch docs might be substantiating these allegations.

This is making me very nervous. If Junho has to leave because of this, then that might be the end of 1N2D Season 3 as we know it. I hope I'm just reading this all wrong. (Please somebody tell me I'm wrong! ... And sorry for being the harbinger of bad news around here this week. :()

Guest pink_dolphins

@kayefaye No no no no no no no... My heart literally palpitated fast in fear of this news for 1n2d.s3.... After LOLed YooPD as the 6th member I got pulled down fast by this. Oh my, oh my... no more bad news for my beloved show plz. Huhuhu :tears:

Happy Friday! Let's counter the bad news with this! :D

Our 1n2ds3 girl friends Lee Jung-hyun won the Best Actress award for her movie Alice in Earnestland and Park Bo-young for Popularity Award at 36th Blue Dragon Film Awards!

(You need to sing this as you read) ♩ ♪ ♫ Cong~cong~cong~grat~tu~la^~tions! Cong-grat-tu-la-tions! ♩ ♪ ♫ Chukae unnie! Fierce warrioress! Chukae Bo-young-ah! Both of them are so pretty!

cms_temp_article_27071720365408.jpg

12294711_10207206489496820_224635620049512278625_10207206489536821_8142427465749

Edited by asti_g_mei
  • Like 7

Oh... my poor heart is closely breaking again... it just happened that I was reminiscing about JH's scandal and was glad that Yoo PD and kbs didn't give in to the demand of the petitioners (when I saw the encouragement photo), and now this... they revived that issue ???

Let's hope that everything will work out just fine (just like before)...

tumblr_nio9dv0L2e1rttmewo1_500.png

Bad news came right after JH made me laugh in the latest episode...

Thumbnail

(photos credit to the owners)

• Like 7

[15.01.26] PD Journal: “1 Night 2 Days is a big human experiment”

Interview with KBS 1N2D PD Yoo Ho Jin

tumblr_inline_njpsbyZhOy1rn29yz.jpg

From 6th grade to his young adolescent days, he enjoyed watching KBS Quiz Exploration Mysterious World. He doesn’t have TV during his college and can only watch TV programs from time to time during his army service. He doesn’t really like watching TV but instead he is someone who likes to read books. “However, I ended up becoming a TV Entertainment PD” said the current leader of KBS Sunday variety program 1 Night 2 Days Season 3, Yoo Ho Jin PD. “I’m not the kind of person suitable to lead a variety program” he says nervously worrying about how to successfully start off the 3rd season. We met up with Yoo Ho Jin PD at a coffee shop at KBS Yeouido, Seoul.

Actually, more than looking tired like how he is perceived on TV, he is neat-looking. “I always end up going to recordings without getting much sleep, in my worst state” says Yoo PD laughing.

tumblr_inline_njprvfLN0j1rn29yz.jpg

“No longer the Rookie PD”

Yoo PD was first introduced to the viewers during the first season of 1N2D as the “Rookie PD”. The viewers were highly entertained throughout the hidden camera played out by the members for the newly-joined producer. Since then, Yoo PD marked his name on the viewers and became a popular character.

“There are also things like 5 years after, when I take the elevator, someone recognizes me and they scream "Woah! It’s Rookie PD!” It is kinda embarrassing. That’s why I go, okay I am the Rookie PD, I’m still the Rookie PD!“ I am now doing 1N2D with those friends.”

It was thanks to his nickname ‘Rookie PD’ that he is now the main producer for the 3rd season which gathered a lot of interest before it started. After the ratings for season 2 dropped, Yoo PD wonders if he can do a good job in reviving it.

“It’s just like what happens in drama. A story like a 13-year old youngest of the family needed to step up and save everyone from the drain. Will he do a good job? Everyone wanted to produce that kind of story. There are many worries over the program. Will it live? Will it die? It created such a dramatic story.“

Another reason why Yoo PD was entrusted with the program is that he was personally trained by 1 Night 2 Days pioneer producer, Na Young Seok PD. He was the power behind the program but when he left KBS, not many from the production team actually knows how to manage the program.

"I’m not the type of person appropriate for variety”

tumblr_inline_njprxm0CJb1rn29yz.jpg

Last summer, he politely refused to be interviewed by us in PD Journal saying that he is not ready yet. There was a burden for success for the 3rd season then. However, it seemed to change for the better now that 1N2D has held a press conference and been open for media interviews. “Back then I really wasn’t ready yet. But now it seems like we are getting good luck and positive feedback” he says. But also, since no one can determine the future, the variety PD continues to make constant effort for the program’s continued success.

“I’m not really the right person for variety” he says. Although he is referred to as the 7th member of the team due to his frequent appearances on broadcast, he refutes it by saying that his personality is “introvert, timid and uninteresting”. Also, it can’t be helped that he appears on broadcasts.

“Truthfully, the program offers so much more recordings but I have to cut off a lot. However, there are parts that I have to be on screen. There’s nothing I can do even if I’m not a celebrity, I also can’t be that private because it’s the program’s nature.“

So what could be the ingredient behind the success of the 3rd season if it’s not because of the non-suitable-for-variety-PD? He answers, "I have met the right team. It might sound a bit proud but it’s true”. Compared to other genres, real variety PDs doesn’t have that much role and power. “This genre doesn’t follow a strict script. Instead, it all comes together when the artists, writers and staffs work well. In this sense, I can say that we really have great luck”, he says.

“We benefited from the comfortable start we have following Season 2. The burden to follow the success of Season 1 is extremely heavy. Following Season 2 is different because we approached it without much burden and expectations.“

Yoo PD may be saying it’s all thanks to good luck and coincidence, and that he met the right team and received valueable contributions from the production staffs. But it can also be thanks to his leadership and honesty. "I can say if I’m confident, then I am. If I’m not confident, then I’m not. I am forward with things. If I’m not confident about something, I can prepare for it. My style is to be constantly discussing things over together.”

He may be the leader of a program but he doesn’t flaunt it. Though he is confident, he likes to hear out his colleagues’ opinions thus creating idea and synergy amongst his team.

The most important thing is 'Balance’, uneven distribution of work counters productivity

Example is the “Star Chefs and Autumn Dishes” episode. They get lots of ideas from the bookstore. Yoo PD got the idea of “seasonal foods” and “dining table” from a book corner while a writer who likes professional chefs suggested them during brain storming thus creating the “Autumn Dishes” episode.

Of course the most important thing is how would they make the dishes. If it’s going to take place in 1N2D, then they need to make a “trap” for the situation. That’s why the program is summed up as “one big human experiment”.

“I think the best part of real varieties that everyone can relate to is when absurd situations come up. Like driving to the wrong exit on a highway or when you’re not allowed to smoke, will the symptoms come out? When situations like that comes up, it’s really interesting. Our worst worry is what to make of these kind of absurd situations.“

The most important thing is 'balance’. The production crew must not be excessive  to create harmony like a well-prepared meal. 'Bokbulbok’ and body gags/ slapstick comedy are like kimchi which are always a must side-dish. But Yoo PD says it can’t be the main dish. "What’s important is day-to-day concept. How can the production team send the cast in a corner, an absurd and chaotic corner. It needs the element of surprise.” he says.

Sometime they also have to make an inspiring and touching corner like the 'Teachers All-Stars’ where Teacher Kim Myungho calls out the names of his students one by one.  Just like what Yoo PD said, it is luck. But it’s a luck created by production crew.

“We can’t know for certain what the teachers would say there. Then he says again “Just for them to say that I’m a good teacher”, makes us believe that we can get those situations. What kind of person could he/she be, can they show us their natural self? We think of those things. Must I say it’s just a big human experiment.“

Meeting Na Young Seok PD is the biggest turning point of my life as a PD

"I have learned a lot from Na PD and meeting him is the biggest turning point of my life”. Yoo PD entered as entertainment rookie PD during the peak of 1N2D. Na PD leaving KBS was a huge mental blow for Yoo PD.

“Earlier in my career, for 4 years I have been taught by Shin Wonho, Na Youngseok, Lee Myunghan, Yun Hyunjung and all of them have left KBS. Many of my close writers and staffs friends have left too. Though it was with an empty and regretful heart, it can’t be helped, you can’t do anything about it.“

Though his seniors have left, Yoo PD continues the legacy with "1 Night 2 Days”. What greatly worried him was “what new to give the old and tried program”. The program with a long history already has its unique set of rules and production method. So what can he give it to make a “difference”. They always need to market a fresh appeal for the trips thus constantly needing to create a trip’s method, reason and concept. The hardest thing to do is to keep creating ideas for the trips.

Yoo PD expects 1N2D to continue for 4th, 5th and 6th seasons more. If so, 1N2D will have to keep making specials that can be used for a long time. Something like 'Viewer’s Tour’ and Bokbulbok that has regularly appeared. “As if like a relay, it would be nice to contribute something like what my seniors did” he says.

Even now that the 3rd season has finally established itself, he still says he is not the type of person that does variety programs but wants to be seen as someone who still does his best unconditionally. He hopes that one day, the 3rd season wraps up receiving applause.

“When that day comes, I think I wouldn’t stop cheering! I’ll go like “Yahoo it’s done!” I hope that day comes soon.“

(photos credit to the owners)

Interview by: PD Journal
Translated by: yoopd blog

Me: I'm not yet ready for S3 to end or S4 to come... Please Yoo PD don't say that: ["Yahoo it's done!" I hope that day comes soon]... :tears:

Edited by beyaruth
  • Like 11

omg i really hope that junho's side can clear this up. it doesn't look favorable. people are bringing up his gambling scandal and calling him out for pretending to be a victim. he's such an important asset to 1N2D and brings me so much laughter; i really hope he learned from his previous scandal and did not do anything to put him in the same position as last time :( i can't take two bad news in the same week 

but on a more light hearted note, at least they used a nice pic of him in the article? Lol 

1448505288897_99_20151126165504.jpg?type

• Like 7

Yoo PD wishes Cha Tae Hyun and Kim Jong Min win awards at 2015 KBS Entertainment Awards. :)

Source

Thank you for sharing  something good in spite of the bad news.:)

I do hope CTH, KJM & JH win awards. For me they really deserve it.

... But I'm reminded of the sad atmosphere in the last year's awards night among these 3 loveable people...

tumblr_nubmkwxjTB1uncg1ho7_400.gif tumblr_nu0mstNI2s1uncg1ho7_400.gif

... I hope it would be a truly happy occasion for them this time around. :wub:

(gifs credit to the owner)

Edited by beyaruth
  • Like 8

:(

Another sad news? This week has been harsh...1N2D S3 won't really be the same without JH Yaps. Among all the members he seemed to have the best chemistry with almost everyone...I just hope that it's not true...but if it's true, I hope it will not affect his stand in the show.

Sigh.

1N2D S3 fighting!:)

• Like 6

Will back with 6 member next year.. .so they will suffer time winter with 5 member.. Now south Korea already snow + cold..    Sorry for mc yoo fan or tros fan .. jongmin really deserve win daesang award he so long with KBS esp with Sunday program... How he maintain with his position becoz PD believe him.. He with shoot Dori with PD Bird.. Heroine 6 with PD NA ..  continue works with PD na on 1n2d (are you ready) .. S2 PD Bird still believe him even netizen he want him quit this show time he back from military .. He always made 1n2d as number one . thank to another member koyote totally understand with his schedule .. Koyote always missed or only recorded early day /week for music show KBS or MBC time comeback becoz his schedule for 1n2d.. December he really busy with concert with 'coolyote with nation tour... This week with goodbye travel Kim joohyuk and they early meet at KBS without Kim joohyuk for preparation as fanpic from blognavrt..  Where she meet them time recording day gagconcert Wednesday ..

COYMpU9.jpg

GXslmuR.jpg

Edited by kjmcth
  • Like 11

Will back with 6 member next year.. .so they will suffer time winter with 5 member.. Now south Korea already snow + cold..    Sorry for mc yoo fan or tros fan .. jongmin really deserve win daesang award he so long with KBS esp with Sunday program... How he maintain with his position becoz PD believe him.. He with shoot Dori with PD Bird.. Heroine 6 with PD NA ..  continue works with PD na on 1n2d (are you ready) .. S2 PD Bird still believe him even netizen he want him quit this show time he back from military .. He always made 1n2d as number one . thank to another member koyote totally understand with his schedule .. Koyote always missed or only recorded early day /week for music show KBS or MBC time comeback becoz his schedule for 1n2d.. December he really busy with concert with 'coolyote with nation tour...

Yes.. I on your side... KJM need to win the daesang Award for KBS entertainment award this year ( it so richard simmons off last year btw:angry:).... but we should know, their are people in KBS that not in his side all this 5 years... as the award need the majority of the juries that include the PDs in the entertainment department and KBS Management to vote... the most favourable and has the strong image and connection with all this juries will end up win, event he/she program have a low ranking... 

the hope is high again this year but after having all the experience... we should not put the hope so high as we may be frustrated again...:tears::tears: and to overcome the hate comment...KBS will make sure 1n2d will win as a team not as individual... the same tactic be used all this year~   

• Like 10

@kjmcth couldn't agree more about kjm's loyalty to variety shows. In one episode (I forgot which was it), he mentioned that he belongs in variety. For other entertainers, doing variety shows is their second job so when they want to focus on their own careers (like singing or acting), they give up their variety show career.

welcome back @kjmcth! I'm a newbie in this forum (weeks old) but I'm a longtime lurker. *wink*

@beyaruth were you able to find a translation of the naver artcile about kim junho? can't find anywhere :( anyway, I believe yoo pd will stand by and believe in his current members regardless of what the netizen think of kim junho (much like how Ra PD stood by Cindy in the "Producers").

Looking forward to tomorrow's episode! Fighting!

• Like 7

@kjmcth couldn't agree more about kjm's loyalty to variety shows. In one episode (I forgot which was it), he mentioned that he belongs in variety.

i will back  remain silent after this. Police will released report abt coko ent in 10 days  .. .. So many believe news/document from dispatch true abt Kim junho behind close /lose money /bankruptcy agency..

Edited by kjmcth
  • Like 7

@kjmcth Welcome back and thanks for sharing some news. We will patiently wait for you to update us once in a while. :P

@Sujin-a Sorry, I'm not that resourceful in getting some news but let's just wait for kjmcth or @kayefaye who are very dependable in this area. By the way, thanks for sharing the link but I think we don't even have a chance there coz I admit RM international fans are more agressive than us.

@izhani85 Let's comment on KBS Youtube 1n2d episodes as how much KJM deserves to win Daesang Awards then maybe they will reflect on it. Actually I've seen comments like that since the OST episode (I think or even in the previous ones). I hope JH will not be removed from 1n2d otherwise the remaining members will be sad and the viewers too. :tears:

• Like 6