[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

Wasn't the last strike 5 years ago, which out be when 1n2d was still in season 2?

The Highlights special (if what you were referring to was the one where they were giving nicknames), was preceded and followed by new episodes. I don't think it was during a strike period.

Don't really want to comment on korea's politics in this forum, but President Lee had that media blacklist stuff and President Park was impeached. The strikes don't really happen every year, so if they want it, I'm of the opinion that it isn't unreasonable for them to go on strike.

• Like 1

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2014/06/1n2d-resumes-filming-following-halt-of-kbs-labor-union-strike

the last strike was in 2014. They also had another strike during season 2. Basically a strike to remove the CEO is not new. The last 2 times, the CEO were removed, and as evidence, this time again they want to remove the CEO for the same reasons.... it will be a neverending loop because the conflict remains the same, no matter who is the new CEO. This is not about korea’s politics. It’s the org structure of KBS, and how its CEO is elected, which will always have conflict of interest where the govt is concern. 

If the union strike was to improve the union members’ work conditions, i would have no comment about it. But the reason for the strike is only one, and it is to remove the acting CEO, because they claimed he fabricated news and silenced any bad news about Pres. Park. Well, he was elected by Pres. Park, so the conflict definitely exist for him to do so. Now that Park is no longer the president, he has no such motivation anymore. On the contrary, a new CEO elected by the new President will have conflict of interest in the future, where the new President is concern. Its just common sense and the normal organisational polictics. The union clearly did not think that far into the future, and was only thinking to remove the current CEO based on the past events.

• Like 1

The 2014 strike lasted a week, which doesn't put pressure on the broadcasting schedule. The current one is already longer than that, which means kbs won't have enough for broadcast anyway this time.

I don't want to flood a 1n2d forum about the kbs' organisational problems, so I'll just end my stance here. I want to respect the union's decision to do what they want to, and if koreans support them, all the more better. It may not be effective, but I don't work in kbs so I won't know what exactly works and doesn't in that company. It is possible that the protests was their best plan they can carry out, while not the most effective one in theory. Until someone comes along and restructures this system, it's possible protests won't end in the years to come.

But that doesn't mean that the employees should not ask for the president to resign. People thought that the president has committed enough mistakes and want him to just step down. Letting him stay isn't going to help them either, new korean president could just ask him to do the same thing he did before. Variety pds don't even have anything to do with the news, but a reason for them to join in the protests would be their worry that the president would infringe on variety production in the future for whatever reason. This is actually what the MBC variety pds are unhappy and protesting about.

I'll end my point of view here, for people to post on 1n2d stuff.

• Like 2

For the last 2 weeks, we had the subtitled unaired clips which I am thankful for. This week, we will have a new trip. Yeah! At least KBS is trying to keep the programme going on and feeding audience with some new content.

Though I cannot comment much about korean politics and the expectations of the staff but I do kind of agree that if the tv station's shareholder is the government then very likely it will be influenced by the government. Hopefully, all will work out with them. We all need out weekly dose soon:D

• Like 3

On 9/29/2017 at 9:01 PM, blackberrypie said:

honestly... i feel displeased with PD IlYong. He as the main PD of the program has a responsibility to his viewers to ensure the broadcast is not affected by anything. I tried to tell myself he belongs to the union and therefore has no choice but to listen to the demands of the union.. but even so, i cant shake off how displeased i am with how he is so irresponsible.  -_-

During Ho Jin PD time, there was also a strike which lasted for a few months, but broadcast was not affected at all. HoJin PD filled it with an interim review episode, and had the members talking in a cafe. That was still fun and fulfilling....

in fact, i hav also come to think the union’s demands are childish and inappropriate.

i still remember they called last minute filming becoz kbs strike  that time END on friday early  morning     (maybe both party already agree ).. FRIDAY =SAME DAY  they filming without having proper trip ... ....    2017 kbs striike still no end ....you can see IC PD  taeho doing strike for 6 month past year .. 

• Like 1

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/29/kbs-resume-airing-2-days-1-night-return-superman/

KBS To Resume Airing “2 Days & 1 Night” And “The Return Of Superman”

2-Night-1-Days-Daebak.jpg
Shares 11K

KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night” and “The Return of Superman” are coming back to broadcast!

A source from the two shows stated that they will both resume airing on October 1. “The Return of Superman” will be airing its 200th episode this week.

“2 Days & 1 Night” and “The Return of Superman,” both part of KBS’s “Super Sunday” segment, were canceled since September 17. The KBS company-wide strike began on September 4 to fight for the resignation of the president Ko Dae Young and to stop “nine years of fabrication, forgery, oppression and yielding.” The broadcast for that week was aired regularly with previously completed recording and editing done by higher level executives, but because the following sessions of filming were canceled after that, the shows were postponed as well.

For this week’s broadcasts, KBS will be airing some footage recorded before the strike, and the editing will be done by higher level executives.

Meanwhile, you can watch the most recent episode of “2 Days & 1 Night” at the link below!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Noorashidah Baharuddin said:

https://www.soompi.com/2017/09/29/kbs-resume-airing-2-days-1-night-return-superman/

KBS To Resume Airing “2 Days & 1 Night” And “The Return Of Superman”

2-Night-1-Days-Daebak.jpg
Shares 11K

KBS’s “2 Days & 1 Night” and “The Return of Superman” are coming back to broadcast!

A source from the two shows stated that they will both resume airing on October 1. “The Return of Superman” will be airing its 200th episode this week.

“2 Days & 1 Night” and “The Return of Superman,” both part of KBS’s “Super Sunday” segment, were canceled since September 17. The KBS company-wide strike began on September 4 to fight for the resignation of the president Ko Dae Young and to stop “nine years of fabrication, forgery, oppression and yielding.” The broadcast for that week was aired regularly with previously completed recording and editing done by higher level executives, but because the following sessions of filming were canceled after that, the shows were postponed as well.

For this week’s broadcasts, KBS will be airing some footage recorded before the strike, and the editing will be done by higher level executives.

Meanwhile, you can watch the most recent episode of “2 Days & 1 Night” at the link below!

i'm interested to see editing being done by kbs higher level executives. does this mean the existing production team is not involved in 1n2ds until the strike dies down? hmmm

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kjmcth said:

important on this epi  PD voice &  PD face  editout....  totally weird when PD no give response /replies what member talked ...

What? That's not good. If they're going to air an episode, do it properly. I'd prefer they just take their hands off it if they're going to do something like that. 

• Sad 1

Anionng Chingus!!!!! :unsure:

I totally agree this did not look like 2D1N, without the PDs, the members seemed more invited of that old program, was based more on that program than in the habitual 2D1N.:blink:

the truth did not have many expectations when I knew that there were so many guests but never I cross that they were members of "Invincible Youth."

I hope next week is more than 2D1N, that "Invincible Youth".:unsure:

I miss you voice of PD IL YONG, PD yoo and the whole family of 2D1N and our baby alpha go !!!:bawling::bawling:moLxQ2M.png

I know this will happen soon, but not too late !!!:heart::wub::rolleyes:

• Like 1

I think its fine, and a pretty funny episode. They invited Kim Shin Young and had her acting as MC already. Plus Shin Young and Defconn couple becomes the unofficial MC Couple, so PD interaction naturally becomes lesser. And this trip was filmed before the strike, so its not a planned thing by the top official to have MCs for this trip, reducing PD involvement. Maybe the first few minutes were more awkward, when the members were by themselves, before the guests made their appearance. But once the guests appeared, everything flowed quite smoothly i think.

im not sure though, if this could indicate a possibility that KBS might change the main PD for 1N2D, once the strike ends, or before strike ends? Facing such a crisis, i think they would want to ensure moving forward, not everyone in the team belongs to union. At least the main PD or one of the PDs, must be independent of the union, so that in the event another strike happens in the future, which is more than likely, the programme will not suffer such a blow. 

Netizens comments are mostly positive though... 

copied this from onehallyu.

[1849+, 104-] Invincible Youth season 1 was really fun

[1365+, 82-] IY Season 1 was really funny.. Nowadays there is no such as program anymore, happy IY x 1N2D go back to countryside

[980+, 90-] Please new refreshing season of IY

[966+, 89-] Right now its chuseok holiday season, they are like visiting their old hometown together, its also a couple trip so the member look so excited.

[960+, 125-] Yoon Shiyoon is really good

[95+, 5-] Really handsome.. Chaeyeon probably only 6th grade when he debut and now they appear together on TV show. 

[211+, 37-] Did they say the execitive PD who editing this because labor strike? The editing is perfect and funny

[143+, 20-] Today is really funny

[96+, 24-] It was fun cant wait for next episodeㅎㅎ

[83+, 28-] Goo Hara personality seems fine ~ Chaeyeon so prettyㅋ

[34+, 2-] Kim Shinyoung, Narsha, Yura, Kyungri, Chaeyeon, Hara lets meet again on next week episode ♡

[24+, 10-] Chaeyeon have this cute puppy eyes but at the same time also give such a rare actress vibe

[21+, 4-] Chaeyeon only appear at the near of the episode ㅠ it would be better if she join from the start

Article link:

http://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=311&aid=0000780493

Ratings for this ep: AGB 15%; TNMS 13.8%

i know how many 1n2d fans prefer no guest on show, but popular idol guests often are the ones who attracted the younger generation, as evidenced by this episode. The focus was all on Chaeyeon, even though her appearance was only at the end...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

I don't know any of the guests except for the female MC. Only she looks familar.:lol:

I did enjoy the episode maybe because I have been missing the members.

The rating is good.

Still hoping for some solution to this sticky situation.

• Like 1

If the Korean viewers liked it, it's a win for the show I guess. Though they only showed snippets of IY in the raw, I felt that it's my kind of variety genre. Maybe that's why I liked 1n2d's countryside episodes so much.

Shows nowadays tend to focus on just fixing the camera in a room and just recording what people do. Letting people get out of their usual zone to do stuff like this in the countryside looks more appealing to me, though it's probably the idols' baggage nowadays. Sisters' slam dunk may have inherited the spirit in that sense.

Editing may feel awkward, but the overall flow was ok. A alternative point of view for pd ilyong's absence could be that viewers would find it weird to see him on screen when he's on strike at the moment they are watching it. Moreover, no announcement during the show about airing previously recorded footage (though it's on the web).

I hope they stretch out the show to 3 weeks, given that there's nothing heard about the strike ending soon. Less negative impact before the show resumes.

• Like 1