[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

On a slightly unrelated note, Kim Tae Ho pd (Infinite Challenge pd) has a new program planned for Sunday broadcast. Likely timeslot should be on the evening. The current replacement program for 1n2d is doing decent in ratings, not good or bad. If this new program somehow impacts the evening viewership battle heavily, KBS may be forced to make big changes to their evening variety shows again, since this timeslot is the only one in the channel doing very well.

• Sad 2

HI CHINGUS!!!!

At this point frankly I don't know what to think ???:o

but seeing the latest news about daesung from BIGBANG I think everything is a complot that revolves around YG.:ph34r:

First seungri falls (maybe everything about him is true but not as the press says, with only assumptions) then the CEO resigns and is involved and now daesung only needs GD and taeyang, if this happens clearly it will be a plot for all the YG and the group that keeps it alive BIGBANG are destroyed, the truth is that I don't know who benefits all this.

taking all this into account, maybe those of the KBS suspected that something like this would happen and wanted to avoid all this and that is why JJY pleaded guilty without delay, we know that junho and tae hyun were blamed for something so simple that in the end they were acquitted, I would have it hurt that others are hurt in the same way and blamed for something uncertain.

I only ask that  return 2d1n, maybe not this year but come back soon.:tears:

Meanwhile, to remind the KBS that we have not forgotten the program would be helpful.:wub:

Resultado de imagen para fin gracias

• Like 2

Comedian Kim Jun Ho returning to broadcasts 4 months after his golf gambling controversy with Cha Tae Hyun

AKP STAFF

20190726-kimjunhojpg.jpg

On July 27, comedian Kim Jun Ho's label JDB Entertainment responded to reports of his return to broadcasts, approximately 4 months after his golf gambling controversy with actor Cha Tae Hyun.

According to reports, Kim Jun Ho will be returning to broadcasts through tvN's 'Seoulmate 3'. He's expected to attend filming on this day (July 27), with the broadcast airing some time in mid-August. 

In response, JDB Entertainment confirmed, "It's true that Kim Jun Ho is attending filming for 'Seoulmate 3' today." Back in March of this year, Kim Jun Ho and Cha Tae Hyun came under fire after it was revealed that the two partook in golf gambling. Police investigated the case and found both stars innocent of any illegal activity, however, the two stars still chose to leave all of their programs to halt promotions for a while. 

Actor Cha Tae Hyun has yet to address his return to promotions. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

PRESS CONFERENCE MBN NATURALLY  REPORTERS ASK QUESTION ABT J -- to pdilyong  and abt he re-welcome back him after 1 cases .. but pd ilyong just not answers becoz not related with  situation - " press concefence mbn naturally

EA8kDt4U0AYgk45?format=jpg&name=small

EA9XvTnVAAY3Map?format=png&name=360x360EA9XvTyUwAIMjFS?format=png&name=360x360

Spoiler

EA9XvTxVUAAQWDM?format=png&name=360x360EA9WPRnUYAAeVPZ?format=png&name=360x360EA9YbNvU4AAUlhn?format=png&name=360x360EA8raV2VUAAJylc?format=jpg&name=small

• Thanks 3

So I read a recent post on the korean variety reddit about 1n2d comeback. I'm not sure if it is true but I'm translating what the Chinese moderator of something similar to JM's subreddit translated from parts of an interview done with the KBS variety department. The moderator's opinion was that the person interviewed was extremely cautious so we don't get any answers at all, but you can roughly see the stand taken by them.

Just to clarify again that this interview may or may not be related to the rumours of a 1n2d comeback. The translation was posted on 1 August, so it's likely the interview wasn't that far back since the moderator is very active.

Translation is as follows (I'll try to aim to give the general idea since I can't guarantee the accuracy of the translation):

(Q and A for question and answer respectively)

Q: Asking if it's true that the program has lost its advertising and producing functions 4 months after the news of halting production

A: To their knowledge, since the news of halting production, there's been no progress. Members have not received any notifications from KBS. Other than JH and TH who stepped down from the program, the only remaining members are DF, JM and DG. (So basically, Yongjin isn't even on their list now. Considering that he had never officially become a member from an intern, I'm not sure which side made the decision to cut ties. It doesn't make sense if they don't mention his name because if they still bring him in later to the program, it will feel weird when you look at this interview. Also to add, some may already know that Sung pd is already moved to another program, which indicates that any comeback wasn't going to be that soon unless you're talking about a total overhaul.)

Q: What are the effects of a 1n2d comeback, an old program amidst intense competition from other forms of media (tvn, jtbc, youtube, netflix etc.)?

A: 1n2d is a program that earns a lot of advertising revenue even when the advertising market is shrinking. (I don't even spot much PPL in the program, what products do they exactly get their revenue from?) 1n2d also meets the KBS definition of a public welfare program and is a program that should not be taken away. The halt on production has caused KBS to incur huge losses. The new program (Donkey Ears) was used to replace 1n2d in order to cut losses but the revenue gap is still too wide. (Last I check, the new program's ratings are similar to RM's from the same timeslot, Masked singer is higher. Not too sure if you can consider it good ratings when your program breaks even with RM but considering their average ratings are below 10 while TROS breaks 10 most of the time in the time slot, KBS still lose out majorly with the program change)

They also emphasised that 1n2d is their symbol of advertising Korea internationally. The program is a symbol of time and is a valuable program for people of all ages to watch and discuss. (I'm not too sure about the translation on the symbol of time.)

Q: Will there be a 1n2d s4?

A: If we want to produce a s4, we must first settle all the problems left from the past. Although it is hard to identify cast members with problems, but it was a huge mistake to bring JJY back to the program.

The pd team also admitted their mistakes multiple times, but the production of a fourth season depends on the variety environment and public opinion. If there's a fourth season, the key segments (travel, bokbulbok) will stay, but the cast will change and there would be innovation on multiple fronts.

(End of translation)

To be honest, if there is a new season with a new cast, I really don't see it succeeding. When Hojin pd decided on the s3 cast, at first glance it feels fresh even though the chemistry was unknown (you can't really fault him for what happens in the future). 6 years later, when I look at the variety programs now, the casting really feels stale. For those interested, if you look at Yoo Jae Suk's conversation with Haha and Yoo Hee Yeol in Kim Tae Ho's new program, Yoo  Jae Suk mentions how hard it is to bring someone new into the variety scene because there aren't programmes that cast them. You can hear more about it from the show if it's subbed. To conclude based on YJS's observation, the program is pretty much doomed to fail if you use a cast of members who are new to variety. I don't think s3 members would join without the full team and if you bring regular cast members from other programs, interactions would pretty much be the same thing you see in other programs. if you look at tvN now, there were a lot of programs that popped out recently, but they use the same rotating cast of comedians and variety personalities even though the program concepts are different. It kind of takes away the enjoyment when you can somehow predict what the person is going to say based on what you observed from him in other programs. It's a dilemma and KBS has a tough problem on their hands.

• Sad 2
  • Thanks 2

On 8/4/2019 at 6:47 PM, beyaruth said:

@kjmcth Is the new variety show subbed in English?

no eng subbed for this show until now  .. only chinese subbed 

----------------------------------

Spoiler

EA9WPRnUYAAeVPZ?format=png%26name=360x36

EA9YbNvU4AAUlhn?format=png%26name=360x36

new video uploaded  on space rabbit youtube  FD LEE GYUHWAN  maknae writer also on mbn naturally 

EBXOrc-UEAEoYww?format=png&name=small

these pics time they play games at beach for 10th anni Cuba team 

EBXOrdIUcAEAkwB?format=png&name=360x360

• Thanks 1

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4403080013860653 (photos of JH inside)

JH attended the press conference for the Busan comedy festival, his first public appearance.

To translate what he said according to the status:

I've spent time reflecting due to some disgraceful events. Today is the first time I'm appearing in a public event.
I hope that everyone can give me their understanding as I had unintentionally caused a controversy and have reflected a lot.

My job is to make people laugh, but after what happened, it's hard to do it again. I've thought about it a lot and discussed a lot with my juniors and company.

Although a lot of juniors said that it's better not to be the chairman of the festival this time, I still came because of my sense of responsibility. (probably meaning that the juniors think that there's a smaller chance of backlash from the public for JH if he avoided appearing at public events).

That's about it from the post. As for the rumours about an update from KBS on 1n2d status at the end of August, I'm not sure about the authenticity so I'll look out for more news.

• Thanks 3

The fact that we need English subs means we miss all of them. YSY is busy doing acting I guess. Jongmin has Brainfficial and that new variety show. JH returning for comedy festival. I wonder how CTH is doing. Defconn with his variety show too.. and Yongjin? They're together am I right? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm salty over what happened to 1n2ds! And Kim Sung PR has resigned! Huuu.. i wish him all the best with his future projects!

KBS Responds To Reports About The Return Of “2 Days & 1 Night”

KBS Responds To Reports About The Return Of “2 Days & 1 Night”

Aug 13, 2019
by S. Cho

KBS has released an official statement regarding the return of “2 Days & 1 Night.”

On August 13, a source from KBS shared with Sports Chosun, “There has been a constant discussion about the return of KBS2’s ‘2 Days & 1 Night,’ and it is true that the possibility is currently being reviewed. However, nothing has been decided.” According to the report, it is also true that PD Kim Sung resigned from the program, but it is not confirmed whether the PD of “The Return of Superman” has officially joined the team.

“2 Days & 1 Night” has been on an indefinite hiatus since March of this year. The news came after Jung Joon Young’s controversy, and although he was removed from the show, viewers asked for a suspension of the program. Following the announcement of their hiatus, cast members Kim Joon Ho and Cha Tae Hyun were reported to be gambling together and have both since halted all activities.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, there's not a lot of new information from this official statement and I'm not sure if the translation is accurate here. What I read from Chinese sites is that Sung pd resigned from the station, meaning he won't be with KBS anymore. 

TROS pd is a female pd so it would be interesting to see if she really joins 1n2d since she should be the first female main pd for 1n2d.

Netizen comments seemed to be more inclined towards TH and JH coming back and JM staying. They don't really welcome Yongjin coming back (not sure why?) but want a new rookie (well, even if all 5 members are back, they would still lack one person).

• Like 3