[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

Watching that video made me cry again. :bawling: Jongmin looked like he couldn't stop shedding tears. Junho, Taehyun and Donggu looked so devastated.

And it's so sad that Joon Young can't attend the wake and maybe the funeral too. :bawling:  I don't even know if he already heard the news or not considering he's in the middle of some secluded area that could be out of phone signal or they decided not to tell him until the filming is done so he could focus.

• Sad 7

@montanari yeah.. its so sad JY is not around... if he hadnt heard the news, its sad when he finally do, if he heard the news already, i dont know how he can continue filming, he must be devastated.... either way, JY and LOTJ fate is really no good :( .. the last time he was edit out because of his scandal, and this time.... no words can describe it. If he comes back from filming and heard of Joo Hyuk, knowing how during the sad time he was filming LOTJ, i doubt he can watch himself on the ep in LOTJ... 

• Sad 3

Sorry, I want to write my feeling for this but I can not express my feelings fully in English so I wrote in Vietnamese

Khi đọc tin tức vào chiều hôm qua, tôi đã rất shock, tôi không tin vào điều đó, tôi đã phải vào từng trang fanpage để xem tin tức đó có đúng không? Vẫn chưa hết bàng hoàng. Khi xem các clip liên quan đến sự việc nhìn thấy những thứ như đôi giầy chiếc áo chiếc quần chú mặc, toàn là những món đồ quen thuộc chú mặc trên show 2D1N, càng cảm thấy không tin được những gì mình nghe những gì mình thấy. Đột ngột đến bất ngờ.

Càng nhìn tấm hình càng cảm thấy đau xót, tiếc cho những ước mơ chú chưa thực hiện được. Nụ cười của chú hiền hòa quá nhưng cũng chua xót quá.

Mong chú an nghỉ và ra đi thanh thản.

R.I.P KIM JOO HYUK.

• Sad 1

@Ryo, can I paste your condolence in English so that others can understand too?....

"When I read the news yesterday afternoon, I was shocked, I did not believe it, I had to go to every fan page to see the news is true? Not yet full of shock. When watching the clips related to the sight of things like the shoes of the pants worn by the uncle, are all the familiar stuff you wear on the show 2D1N, the more you do not believe what you hear what you see . Suddenly suddenly.
The more we look at the picture, the more we feel sorry, the unforgettable dreams. His smile was gentle but too bitter.
Please rest and leave peacefully.
R.P. KIM JOO HYUK."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Very tragic for Kim Joo Hyuk's family. His mum died last year or so? His dad passed on relatively young too.

What a lousy coincidence for Kdramaland. It was supposed to be the joyous wedding occasion yesterday.......

(sorry, I must rant," the driver of the Grandeur is one dangerous driver. He was hoarding traffic.He suddenly switched his hazard lights and signalled right.")

• Sad 1

I really hope JJY can attend the funeral :bawling:. Hopefully he had been informed about the news. It would be devastating if he was not informed or unable to go back until the filming ends.

This reminds me of my case years back which I was unable to attend my grandfather's funeral because I had my final exam on the next day and my lecturers did not allow to postpone the exam since it would be difficult to re-do final exam again. I begged my lecturers to allow me postpone when my grandfather was in critical condition since I was afraid something back would happen but they refused. Shortly after that, my grandfather passed away and only then they allowed my to go back . But it was too late. I was staying in my university hostel and the travel time to my hometown is about 8-10 hours. At that time, most bus and flight trips were cancelled and/or sold out due to heavy flood. It still hits me hard whenever I think of it again.

Hopefully JJY can make it to the funeral. RIP Gutaeng hyung

• Sad 2

17 minutes ago, Blizzardistkaputt said:

(sorry, I must rant," the driver of the Grandeur is one dangerous driver. He was hoarding traffic.He suddenly switched his hazard lights and signalled right.")

Just from watching the blackbox clip is not so clear about what really happened. I understand you want to rant out of sadness and anger, but its not right to blame anyone in this case. The truth is, JooHyuk first hit the black sedan Hyundai car on its left side, JooHyuk’s car right side... then both cars switch lane after the first hit, and JooHyuk’s car stalled for a moment, (which is what we see in the video onwards), then suddenly accelerated and hit the black sedan again on the right side, JooHyuk’s car left side, before swerving to the right side and hit the apartment wall, then rolled down the stairs... there was a small fire, and because of the damage on JooHyuk’s car, the blackbox couldnt be retrieved and police is having problem confirming what actually happen at that moment... in total, he hit the black sedan 2times. The black sedan was signalling to go to the right probably after the first hit, and wanted to stop at the roadside to know what happen, but before he could do anything, JooHyuk’s car hit him the second time, accelerating and swerving off in a weird manner. It was originally speculated that JooHyuk might be having heart attack, because the driver of the black sedan said he saw JooHyuk sort of holding his chest... but now they are saying it could probably be JooHyuk was holding the steering wheel, and the driver misinterpret what he saw. The autopsy report says JooHyuk died of severe head injuries, and not heart attack. But toxicology report will take some time and is not out yet. JooHyuk’s agency rep answered some qs in the interview at his wake, and the rep mentioned JooHyuk is known to be healthy, as far as the agency is aware. He rarely drinks alcohol, and he was even working on quitting smoking. He was on the way home after meeting his manager who was in the hospital, when the accident happen. 

Anyway, those are some of the facts i gathered listening to some of the news clips on Naver. I feel very sad too, but i also feel its not right to speculate who is right or wrong... just wait for the full report from the police after their investigation... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3

i am a long time lurker. usually, i'm here just long enough to grab the latest news about our favourite show, but today, i feel compelled to put my thoughts into words, as catharsis.

uri gutaengie-hyung is gone.

that hurts like being smashed like a ton of bricks.

i've only seen kim joo hyuk, the actor, from across the screen. i never met him, nor have i even care much about his celebrity life before. when he was announced to be in season 3, my reaction was, isn't that guy in 'prague'? and based on the first few episodes, i wasn't alone. but who would have thought that  grumpy, oddly shy, dorky and just plain lovable kim joo hyuk, the man, would be so much loved at the end of his life?

now, let me clarify one thing.

i am a man. close to his forties, with only work as his love. sounds familiar? without the look, fame and fortune, of course. but that aside...

i've watched 1n2d since 1st season. back then, it was a bunch of loud and boisterous manchilds, lead by the biggest in ho dong. it was definitely fun, but in all honesty, it was purely entertainment. i don't feel a thing for any of them as a person.

but as i crossed over my 30s, the show began to take a different meaning to me. it's an escapism from the slog of life. ask any male of the species and they'll agree that it'll be fun just to travel with a bunch of mates and do silly things like we were in our teens.

but life is never that kind. and why i'm thankful of season 3 and our dear nicotinepath.

we've seen the mathyung archetype in kim seung woo back in season 2. grumpy, oddly shy, dorky and just plain lovable. but somehow, he's just too perfect of a man. a lovable wife, a long career and well to do background. but later, yoo hae jin came and boosted my morale. heck, if this guy can dated kim hye soo, so can i!

yet, we all knew what happened. instead of a bunch of best buddies, it was a trip of several cliques... and kim jong min. it was fun and dire at the same time.

however, just to be hyperbolic, like fate written in the stars, season 3 began. and it was truly a blast for a guy like me.

when you have a bunch of lazy arses, with the epitome of #foreveralone as the eldest, how can it not be for me? instead of being a viewer across the screen, i was part of the gang, making snarky jokes against each other, teasing mercilessly about our weak body and lifeless soul, having fun every week with antics that belong in high school. it was truly an escape for me every sunday.

all these, with our gutaengie hyung as the pillar. the mascot of the show. the partly cool, partly dorky, totally awesome older brother that i never have. just like it was for those hopeless in love like jongmin and defconn, he gave us hope. our benchmark. it shows that look, fame and fortune means nothing in the name of love (lets throw the married men down the drain and leave the weirdo maknae aside).

truly, we were fortunate to be able to see the real person behind the glitz. without any real experience in variety, the only way he can survive is to be himself. in fact, none of those lovable kooks actually show any semblence of characters.

we know how weird and clueless joon young can be, as we've also seen the serious, wacky and sad sides of jun ho. we know the tough persona of defconn hides the ever worried, all virgin yoo dae joon, as much as we seen the frustration of tae hyun managing 3 boisterous kids. then came in donggu who's utterly useless in hand-eye coordination, it destroy any perception of a superior species in yoon shi yoon.

and there's kim jong min. well, only shinji knows him best.

while he's always the butt of joke, our dear mathyung allows these 'kids' to flourished. taehyun don't feel the need to carry the show, jongmin no longer have to be at the end of the totem pole, jun ho has someone to laugh at his old jokes, defconn has someone to pay attention to, joon young has someone to be an example of and i don't have to worry about being single in my late 30's. as i said, our pillar.

and now, he's gone. forever. no more phone calls, no more surprise visits and no longer able to keep his promise to be a guest.

bugger. i never thought this would really hit me hard like this. feels like i really lost a family member...

nevertheless, if ever there's a silver lining in everything, we are seeing it now. he's much more well known and loved compared to the days when nobody lined up behind him. his name is a top hit across the world, from a guy who got mad that nobody even remembers his name. he found a girlfriend, when we were howling like mad before for his loveline with seulgi (don't worry hyung! i'll find someone with 18 years difference and marry her! promise!)

and lastly, he left us 100 episodes worth of memories, not including those special appearences. episodes that introduced us to kim joo hyuk, the man, not the actor. we will remember him as long as we can because as the guys said recently, 1n2d viewers are loyal, and we remember these members forever.

godspeed, uri gutaengie hyung. fare you well.

Edited by artwork1980
  • Like 8
  • Sad 2

The first time I ever watched 2D1N was when they started the new season with KJH. I didn't know the past history of this variety series or how new this new set of members were. But KJH has always stood out amongst the pack to me, his awkwardness in the variety setting was apparent especially the first few eps, his little annoyance/worries about his popularity when they do live audience interaction and he has less locals standing behind him in support, him being the oldest amongst the members and being teased about it . But there was something about him - I would like to think that he was WYSIWYG, he wasn't one of those who wear a big showy variety persona on a reality show, he was himself.  And then I started to google more about this actor and his past works. I also remember he started to work out intensely and forced to flaunt his 6 packs. egged on by 2D1N guys. Once in a while, he might do real well in the games but mostly he did mediocre I thought and that's fine too - cos' comraderie with 2D1N team was sweet and a hoot to watch . His departure from 2D1N was sorely missed by me and lots of others too (I bet), I think acting ultimately was more up his alley and it was calling out to him. I haven't even watched his last drama yet. 

This sudden demise of KJH is an utter shock to me , just came to know  30 mins ago. I can't believe he's gone. Urrgggghhhh.... what happened?????   I can't believe he's really gone. I hope he didn't hurt too much or too long.

Rest in Peace Kim Joo Hyuk - you will be missed...& I will miss you.   Farewell. :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, blackberrypie said:

Just from watching the blackbox clip is not so clear about what really happened. I understand you want to rant out of sadness and anger, but its not right to blame anyone in this case. The truth is, JooHyuk first hit the black sedan Hyundai car on its left side, JooHyuk’s car right side... then both cars switch lane after the first hit, and JooHyuk’s car stalled for a moment, (which is what we see in the video onwards), then suddenly accelerated and hit the black sedan again on the right side, JooHyuk’s car left side, before swerving to the right side and hit the apartment wall, then rolled down the stairs... there was a small fire, and because of the damage on JooHyuk’s car, the blackbox couldnt be retrieved and police is having problem confirming what actually happen at that moment... in total, he hit the black sedan 2times. The black sedan was signalling to go to the right probably after the first hit, and wanted to stop at the roadside to know what happen, but before he could do anything, JooHyuk’s car hit him the second time, accelerating and swerving off in a weird manner. It was originally speculated that JooHyuk might be having heart attack, because the driver of the black sedan said he saw JooHyuk sort of holding his chest... but now they are saying it could probably be JooHyuk was holding the steering wheel, and the driver misinterpret what he saw. The autopsy report says JooHyuk died of severe head injuries, and not heart attack. But toxicology report will take some time and is not out yet. JooHyuk’s agency rep answered some qs in the interview at his wake, and the rep mentioned JooHyuk is known to be healthy, as far as the agency is aware. He rarely drinks alcohol, and he was even working on quitting smoking. He was on the way home after meeting his manager who was in the hospital, when the accident happen. 

Anyway, those are some of the facts i gathered listening to some of the news clips on Naver. I feel very sad too, but i also feel its not right to speculate who is right or wrong... just wait for the full report from the police after their investigation... 

Actually from the video, (my assumptions from watching the video)  the rest of the drivers were not quite sure what just happened with JH's car and seemed to just hanged on , behind his car which was holding up traffic for a short while. The car (that was hit) and later put on the right indicator lights, if I'm not wrong, he wanted to slowly change lanes to the right and do a check on JH's car which just veered sharply to the right, on to the walkway and hit the building. You can even see smoke or cloud dust from the direction the car slammed into building .  That's not normal driving so I'don't think he was having car rage, but more like  checking on JH. 

It does look like a  heart attack...to me too . But its very strange the autopsy says otherwise. Is it that he had an heart attack, but died from severe head injuries?  But it's also strange tat he has an heart attack, as I thought he worked out quite alot? 

in any case, it's tragic.

• Like 2