[Variety] Happy Sunday -1 Night, 2 Days (1박 2일) S3 :KBS 1N2D S3 MISS ALL MEMBER -STAFF EXCEPT JY :PAGE 447 END MARCH 2019

Winners Of 2018 KBS Entertainment Awards; Lee Young Ja Becomes 1st Woman To Win Daesang

Winners Of 2018 KBS Entertainment Awards; Lee Young Ja Becomes 1st Woman To Win Daesang

Dec 22, 2018
by E. Cha

Veteran comedienne Lee Young Ja has officially made KBS history!

On December 22, the broadcast network held the star-studded 2018 KBS Entertainment Awards, its annual celebration of its greatest achievements in variety programming and entertainment.

Despite facing stiff competition from fellow Daesang (Grand Prize) nominees Yoo Jae Suk, Kim Joon Ho, Shin Dong Yup, and Lee Dong Gook, comedienne Lee Young Ja ultimately emerged victorious and became the first woman in history to win the award.

The longtime “Hello Counselor” MC burst into tears as she gave her acceptance speech, humbly remarking, “Although I’m the one receiving this award, I don’t think that I’m receiving it because of my merit [alone]. I’m grateful to the staff who have always worked hard and done their best.”

She continued, “‘Hello Counselor’ is now eight years old. Thank you to the guests who trust us and send in their concerns, who share the stories deep inside their heart with us, even though it might be embarrassing at times.”

Lee-Young-Ja.jpg

Check out the full list of award winners below!

Daesang (Grand Prize): Lee Young Ja

Viewers’ Choice for Best Program: 2 Days & 1 Night

Top Excellence in Variety: Defconn (“2 Days & 1 Night”), Sam Hammington (“The Return of Superman”)
Top Excellence in Talk & Show: Kim Sook (“Battle Trip”), Moon Hee Jun (“Immortal Songs”)
Top Excellence in Comedy: Shin Bong Sun (“Gag Concert”), Kwon Jae Kwan (“Gag Concert”)

Excellence in Variety: Go Ji Yong (“The Return of Superman”), Kim Seung Hyun (“Men Who Do Housework”)
Excellence in Talk & Show: Sung Si Kyung (“Battle Trip”), Jo Se Ho (“Happy Together”)
Excellence in Comedy: Park Sora (“Gag Concert”), Song Joon Geun (“Gag Concert”)

Rookie Award for Variety: Honey Lee (“The Secret and Great Private Lives of Animals”), Eric Nam (“Samcheong Neighborhood Grandma”)
Rookie Award for Talk & Show: Lovelyz’s Kei (“Music Bank”), Choi Won Myeong (“Music Bank”)
Rookie Award for Comedy: Kim Nina (“Gag Concert”), Lee Seung Hwan (“Gag Concert”)

Best Couple: Kim Joon Ho & Kim Jong Min (“2 Days & 1 Night”), Kim Yeon Joong & Baek Ok Ja (Kim Seung Hyun’s parents; “Men Who Do Housework”)
Best Teamwork: “Hello Counselor”
Best Entertainer: Yoon Shi Yoon (“2 Days & 1 Night”), Choi Yang Rak & Paeng Hyun Sook (“Men Who Do Housework”), Kim Tae Jin (“Entertainment Weekly”)

Hot Issue Entertainer: MAMAMOO’s Hwasa (“Hyena on the Keyboard”), DIA’s Jung Chaeyeon(“to. Jenny”), Bong Tae Gyu (“The Return of Superman”), Bae Jung Nam (“1 Percent Friendship,” “Where on Earth?”)
Hot Issue Variety Program: “Joy of Conversation”

Popularity Award: the children of “The Return of Superman”
Special Producer Award: Shin Hyun Joon (“Entertainment Weekly”)
Honorary Award: Bae Chul Soo (“Concert 7080”)

Radio DJ of the Year: Park Eun Young
Rookie DJ of the Year: Yangpa, Akdong Musician’s Lee Soo Hyun
Entertainment DJ Award: Jang Hang Joon, Kim Jin Soo

Best Idea Award: Lee Hyun Jung & Kim Won Hyo (“Gag Concert”)

Congratulations to all of the winners!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47222961_158203095154195_110346647417833

from kim mijin ig.. junho brother

best program 2018 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_E7W81XaR8

best couple  junho-jongmin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJzjSk033oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evj0GNsMlx8

donggu best entertainer 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofKeY0eyHMw

defconn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zudEOr0neC8

opening  junho with gaconcert team 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa93Ne75kzQ

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It's a pity this year but hopefully JH will get his chance in the future. Looking at the different channels' programmes, I realised KBS still has a lot of long running programmes compared to other stations, so each year it's a rotation between the different shows for the awards. 2d1n is still kinda the big winner this year, but it will be really hard to predict the daesang winner each year if these shows continue their run.

JH did get his first daesang 5 years ago, so he definitely received recognition for his efforts. Only big names like Shin Dong Yup and Yoo Jae Suk have gotten daesang more than once so far. So, I think even if JH misses out on daesang this year, his status as a top entertainer is unquestionable. His time for the daesang will definitely come.

Looking back since JH didn't win this year, the trip with his juniors seems like a consolation for JH now. Even if he didn't win daesang, the 1n2d team dedicated a trip to fulfill the dreams of the different members, so he's definitely gotten something at year end. It's speculation on my part, but probably the team decided on a trip on this nature beforehand in case daesang wasn't awarded to JH so that he won't be feeling that sad after the ceremony. After all, the pds definitely know the situation at the station better than the members.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lyd89 said:

It's a pity this year but hopefully JH will get his chance in the future. Looking at the different channels' programmes, I realised KBS still has a lot of long running programmes compared to other stations, so each year it's a rotation between the different shows for the awards. 2d1n is still kinda the big winner this year, but it will be really hard to predict the daesang winner each year if these shows continue their run.

JH did get his first daesang 5 years ago, so he definitely received recognition for his efforts. Only big names like Shin Dong Yup and Yoo Jae Suk have gotten daesang more than once so far. So, I think even if JH misses out on daesang this year, his status as a top entertainer is unquestionable. His time for the daesang will definitely come.

Looking back since JH didn't win this year, the trip with his juniors seems like a consolation for JH now. Even if he didn't win daesang, the 1n2d team dedicated a trip to fulfill the dreams of the different members, so he's definitely gotten something at year end. It's speculation on my part, but probably the team decided on a trip on this nature beforehand in case daesang wasn't awarded to JH so that he won't be feeling that sad after the ceremony. After all, the pds definitely know the situation at the station better than the members.

Thanks for your insights. I totally agree with you. I'm a bit sad that he didn't win this year coz I've seen his efforts on GG and 2d1n. I'm hoping for him to be able to get it in the future too. Now I'm more accepting the fact that KBS opted to give recognition to the 1st woman to win Daesang which she deserves so it's okay with me since other candidates had their Daesang already. :)

• Like 1

I just watched the Chinese sub for the whole ceremony and there were parts where JH himself hinted that he won’t get the daesang, so I guess the results didn’t really shock him and he was mentally prepared for the potential disappointment if there was any in the first place.

• Like 1

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

it's indeed a Merry and Great Christmas for all of us cause our fave program and boys won!! Though JH didn't got the Daesang, having 4 of them winning (best couple for JH and JM, excellence for Defconn and entertainer for Donggu) + best program, what could we ever ask for? 

I was online last Sunday early morning here in PHL when I saw a video from KBS Entertain (watching something from YT) when I saw a clip with Defconn delivering a speech after winning but there's no sub's so I don't know what he won.. And saw the TROS kids video with William saying "Yeah baby!" :D

Wasn't able to check the others so I thought I will wait here in the forum... Well, there goes a happy day of Christmas to me!

• Like 2

It's Christmas and also JH's birthday at the same time. Happy Birthday! Hope he finds both success and love in the new year!

JY is appearing on Radio Star this week and TH is still hosting, for those who are interested to watch. He's also appearing on another Mnet program as a guest with DF though I think it's not subbed currently.

And the collaboration between Hey Jini and JH happened lol.

• Like 1

news abt lee youngjin as intern 1n2ds3  made me not happy with this decision .. i'm okay with he comes   guest esp with ok ok team .. but not as intern .. 

i  kindly agree with 1 comment on twitter kbs should give his oppurnity on another show kbs .. not for 1n2d //

hope this not so long and  not added  him as regular member...

----------------------------

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, kjmcth said:

news abt lee youngjin as intern 1n2ds3  made me not happy with this decision .. i'm okay with he comes   guest esp with ok ok team .. but not as intern .. 

i  kindly agree with 1 comment on twitter kbs should give his oppurnity on another show kbs .. not for 1n2d //

hope this not so long and  not added  him as regular member...

----------------------------

When I saw him guesting on the show for the second time, I was wondering if they were trying him out to possibly replace a member who might be leaving.   He was OK, but I hope they don't give him too much air time at the expense of the other members.  And I hope this doesn't mean someone is leaving.

• Like 3

I'm personally against adding him as an actual member (if it does happen) unless someone is leaving the cast with a valid reason like Joohyuk.

Reasons for me being against an addition of a new member:

1. 7 is a weird number for team games like 5 (when JY took a break). You definitely have to sacrifice someone's screen time or make it disadvantageous to accomodate the difference in numbers.

2. I feel that the senior-junior hierarchy is more deeply rooted in comedians, since they work together more for skits. They function more like a family compared to actors and singers. That is why it would be more likely that they bring this dynamic for JH and Yongjin into the show if he joins. So far, it hasn't started but I would dread it if it does start when they are playing games. 

1n2d members don't overwhelmingly come from one profession. TH doesn't give people the feel that he minds seniority while DG is naturally polite to everyone. JY is just too special for such rules to apply to him lol. So, the current members don't have this hierarchy stuff. They throw around jokes about age instead. Hopefully, I won't see such things if Yongjin does join.

3. There could be a bigger shift in dynamics if Yongjin joins. Yongjin leans more towards the talkative side. If "arguments" break out, instead of the usual 2 way fight you see between JH and JM (DF joins this kind of things less frequently), it's likely it will become 3 way most of the time, which makes the scene messier. DF holds it in better despite being always ranked bottom tier by members and thrown bad comments. Not saying that it's wrong to lash out more, since a comedian's role involves making reactions (sometimes exaggerated ones), it would be more natural for Yongjin to join in since it goes with his profession's nature more.

I personally don't think this would be the right way to introduce change to the show, though I think the current state is actually good enough. You can't control a lot of things in the show as time passes, which could probably be why they want to try new things. If a new member addition sends the show spiralling down, it would be time to just end the season instead. I hope that I will be right in placing my faith in the pds to navigate this situation well enough.

• Like 1